It's Not Me, It's We | JuKev✅

By Driwed

They're long time best friends and have the same dream: to become a worldwide music artist. As they both cont... More

Intro: Kevin
Ruse
A Bro Date
He's All That
A Fight
Insult to Injury
Announcement
What A...
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Outro: Juyeon

The Breakup

163 11 0
By Driwed

Juyeon led the group practice then had everyone stop. He turned around and approached two trainees.

"What's so important that it can't wait until after practice?" he asked.

"It's nothing." one said.

"No, please. Enlighten everyone in the room as they're losing out on precious time because of you two." Juyeon said angrily.

The rest of the group stared at them, waiting.

"It's about that Kevin guy. Heard he argued with a trainer. Someone else saw him creeping by a door too." the other said. "That's all I swear."

Juyeon sucked his teeth then sighed. Every single rumor about Kevin kept getting more and more far fetched. He had them sit out then continued practice. It was hard to focus as his mind constantly went back to Kevin. Practice eventually ended and he quickly left in search of Kevin.

He peeked into a room and saw Kevin alone. Juyeon opened the door then locked it. He jogged over to him then received a face full of water bottle.

"The hell you want?" Kevin asked in an angry voice.

"Rumors about you are spreading. I was worried about you." said Juyeon as he sat next to him.

He moved over and continued to stretch.

"Do you really care or is it just your guilty conscience? Don't bother answering because I genuinely don't care." he said while leaning forward with his legs apart.

Juyeon scooted closer to him then gently pushed him forward. Kevin sat back then swatted his hands away.

"They said they heard you arguing with a trainer." Juyeon said as he eventually let him help.

"What a load of bullshit." he spat. "So now what? You're going to leave after telling me?"

"No. I'm going to tell everyone the truth. It's not right how they're constantly spreading rumors about you." Juyeon said as he moved his hands to Kevin's waist.

"Sure, as if they'd believe you." said Kevin.

"They will. If not, then I'm your slave for a day." bargained Juyeon.

"You sure talk big." he said as he leaned back and looked up at him.

Juyeon looked down at him and found his sweet scent intoxicating yet again. Kevin gave him a smile and caused his stomach to turn. He reached out to hold Kevin's face then watched as he sat up.

"Well, let's go set them straight." he said while helping Juyeon up.

He pulled him down then laughed. Kevin squirmed in his arms then gave up.

"Let's just stay like this. We can tell them later." Juyeon said with his eyes closed.

"Come on, we can do this when we get home. We still have to practice today." he fussed.

"Fine. Promise me." said Juyeon then held out his pinky.

Kevin linked his with Juyeon's then smiled. Juyeon let him go then rose from his spot on the floor.

도보

"So, he was arguing with you? Now that I think about it, it makes sense. Who'd be crazy enough to argue with a trainer?" a trainee said.

He and his friends walked away and Juyeon sighed in satisfaction. He had told most of the trainees and only a few remained. He checked the time then hurried to their room before he had to join his group.

"So, it wasn't a trainer? Hm, okay. Makes sense." she said with a nod.

"Tell your friends. I don't want a stupid rumor like this spreading." Juyeon said before hurrying out the room.

He arrived at the practice room just as they were about to start.

"Three seconds late, Mr. Lee." she said. "Go find a partner."

He nodded then jogged over to Seohoon.

"So, did you do it?" he asked as Juyeon pulled on his arm.

"Yep. Hopefully it'll stay dead." he said while stretching his other arm.

"I wonder who spreads them. They certainly like keeping their eyes on you both." said Seohoon.

"Now that you mention it..." said Juyeon with a thoughtful look.

Who was bored enough to spread rumors about Kevin and not him? Did they have something against Kevin? He was new just like he was, so did they just not like Kevin? It was a mystery he needed to solve before anything worse happened to Kevin. They were told to get in their assigned positions before the music started. He silently thought about possible suspects as he danced.

도보

Juyeon worked out in silence while Seohoon and Taesil helped each other exercise. Sam was busy practicing his pitches in another room.

"Your eyebrows are knitted. What's got you so focused?" Taesil asked, standing in front of him.

"Rumors." Juyeon muttered, switching sides to work out.

"Ah. Nasty things aren't they?" replied Taesil as he shook his head. "Most are about that new guy, Kevin, right?"

"Yeah, my best friend... Why would anyone do something like that? No one besides me knows him well." said Juyeon, placing the weights down. "It's weird."

Taesil shrugged before saying he had to go. Juyeon was now alone with Seohoon. He noticed him looking around before gesturing to him to move closer.

"I've actually been a part of Ruse for quite a while. Not as long as Taesil, but I know enough. Taesil was usually a loner and only got involved with people if he had to. He'd know best about the rumor thing, but I can attest that this isn't the first time rumors started about one new trainee." said Seohoon, stretching his back muscles.

"What happened to those people?" he asked curiously.

"Well, most transferred. Some killed themselves or learned how to block it out. Though, those who did block it out became real assholes..." mumbled Seohoon, making eye contact with him. "Just about everyone here had a rumor or two spread about them. Except you which I find odd."

Juyeon blinked rapidly before setting the weights down. Everyone had a rumor spread about them? Even kind Seohoon? What made it stranger was that the company just let it happen.

"Hey, Seo-" he started then noticed he was no longer beside him.

Juyeon was now alone in the room. He silently put everything back in its place then frowned. Two rumors about Kevin have already gone around, which meant it would be end of rumors for him. He let out a relieved sigh then smiled. Things could only go uphill from here.

도보

"Hey-o!" Sam said, slapping Juyeon on the back.

"First, ouch. Second, I was just getting ready to pay Kevin a visit." he replied, zipping up his bag.

"Kevin? Kevin... Oh! Your best friend, Kevin. I heard he left early." said Sam with a thoughtful look. "Seems he got called into the office again."

"Again? Well, I have an idea on what about..." muttered Juyeon as he picked up his bag. "Guess I'll take my leave too. See you!"

"Wait, we didn't-" started Sam but Juyeon was already out the door. "Oh boy..."

도보

Juyeon rang the bell on Kevin's door and awaited an answer. Seconds turned to minutes. He rang it again and added in a knock this time around. Still nothing. Was he not home? They knew each other's schedules, so it was a tad odd for him not to be home, especially since Kevin didn't have work. He took out his phone and tapped on Kevin's number to call him. He never picked up.

It wasn't like him to ignore him like this. All sorts of thoughts went through his mind of why Kevin wasn't home nor was answering his phone. His phone suddenly lit up from a text message.

Something was off. He always used emojis when texting close friends, especially him. Was that not Kevin texting him? Juyeon grew worried. He knew he told him not to call him, but he just had to know. So many things were going on between them lately.

He didn't pick up his phone. That was it. He wasn't texting Kevin. Juyeon stopped and took a breath. He was overthinking. Kevin was busier now that they started at Ruse. He had to understand he had more important things to do than to entertain him like when they younger. Juyeon put his phone on sleep then took out his keys. He unlocked Kevin's door and stepped inside.

He flipped on the lights and was greeted by an all too familiar sight. He still remembered the story of how Kevin had come to live in this apartment. He put on slippers then made his way to Kevin's bedroom, flopping onto his bed once he entered it. His parents didn't want him living at home. He somehow negotiated with them and they offered to help him pay rent if he moved into an apartment. It was a weird Wednesday evening.

Juyeon mindlessly stared up at his ceiling then checked his phone for notifications. He soon busied myself on social media, not really noticing the time until he heard noises. He wasn't too keen on getting up to see what it is, not to mention that was how horror movies ended up starting. The noises soon stopped and all was silent. Juyeon went back to using his phone just as he heard the door open.

"Next time, don't take my favorite pair." muttered Kevin, tossing his bag to the side and starting to undress.

"Oh, I didn't notice. My fault. Hey, did you eat?" Juyeon asked, sitting up and watching him change into his loungewear.

"Yes, actually. Didn't you get my text?" he replied. Juyeon checked his phone and sure enough, he had sent a message. How he missed it was beyond him. "I hope you didn't wait on me to eat."

"I did, so now I have every right to raid your fridge." said Juyeon with crossed arms.

"No, not really. Look, you order whatever your heart desires that's within my price range and I'll pay for it. Cool?" Kevin said, extending his phone towards him.

"Cool..." he whispered.

Why did it sound like he was upset? Did something happened at Ruse?

"Hey Kevin, is everything okay? You didn't use emojis like you usually did." Juyeon mentioned while ordering food on his phone.

"Okay, I was going to let it go if you kept quiet but now that you're trying to bring things up, leave." he said in a cold tone.

"I don't get it. Why are you acting so hostile towards me? What have I done to you, huh?" Juyeon said a bit loud.

Kevin didn't say anything as he left the room. He followed after him and watched as he picked up his things.

"Hey, what are you doing with those?" asked Juyeon worriedly.

He simply threw them out of his apartment. He kept the door open and gestured for him to get out. Juyeon stood his ground. He wasn't going to be thrown out without a good reason.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me why. Was it something I said? Did? Am I an unexpected guest or something?" Juyeon asked, stepping away from the door.

Kevin kept silent. So he was going to act like that. Juyeon sighed heavily and stepped out. There was no getting through to Kevin once he went completely silent. He expected to have the door slammed behind him but he closed it surprisingly slow and quiet.

"I'll text you?" Juyeon said, hoping Kevin was still there.

As expected, no response.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186 22 10
You thought you would never love again, but you did You thought you'd never be happy, but you were He loved you and you loved him so what happens nex...
15.7K 1K 160
Jimin and Yoongi had known each other since they were in kindergarten. They spent a lot of time together and were hardly separated. But a fight drove...
128K 2.6K 35
See how Y/N's dreams of becoming a makeup artist for BigHit Ent becomes true, how she meets the love of her life and the hardships of their relations...
405 46 11
Two boys become close and develop a friendship as they deal with their family issues, bullying, and sexuality.