Outro: Juyeon

some years later because what is time and not wanting to drag on (sorry for the wait! I thought I posted it yesterday w ch18)

Juyeon sighed in content as he looked at the selfie Kevin had sent him

Juyeon sighed in content as he looked at the selfie Kevin had sent him. Kevin's group hadn't debuted yet, despite the company claiming they would over a year ago. He understood a bit. Invitation was doing pretty well already while subtly making up for Sam's failures. Debuting another group had risks and Ruse was being cautious. Whenever he got a chance, he'd silently ask whatever supernatural being that was out there to help Kevin and his group debut.

"Oh, isn't that Kevin from Midnight? Let me talk to him." said one of his group members, taking Juyeon's phone.

"Hey, give it back." Juyeon warned.

His group member blinked then looked at Juyeon.

"Kev says he can't wait to taste your sweet lips." he said, causing the others to turn.

"He's joking around. We've been best friends for over a decade now." said Juyeon, plucking his phone from his grasp. "We can't afford to date, unless you want scandals and loss of fans."

"We know, we know. I'm just envious that you have someone so close to chat with. Wish I did." he said, looking down at the car floor.

"You've got us." another member said, patting his thigh.

They all exchanged smiles, brightening the mood in the car.

도보

Kevin covered his head as the leader of his group hit him once more.

"How could you get the others involved in your selfish acts?" he barked, having enough of Kevin's shenanigans.

"Actually, they offered to help me out. I told them they shouldn't but here we are. And is it so wrong to want to go and support the other group?" Kevin snapped back.

"Well, no but-" he stammered.

"Exactly. I know we have our own troubles, but if we constantly keep stressing over them, nothing is going to change. Sometimes taking a step back and relaxing can do wonders." Kevin said before looking at the two members who helped him. "I told you not to butt in, but thank you."

They watched Kevin disappeared behind one of the bedroom doors.

"You know, I sometimes wonder why Kevin wasn't chosen as leader." the youngest quipped.

The other nudged him, reminding him that their actual leader was standing right next to them.

"I wasn't first choice. Kevin was." he said before walking to his bedroom.

"Now you've done it." the older hissed.

The youngest gave a coy smile before quickly ducking into his shared room with Kevin. He looked at Kevin who silently used his laptop.

"Hey Kev." he called out. Kevin hummed in acknowledgment. "How come you didn't want to be leader?"

"Hm, I'm not fit for it. Sure, I may display qualities of a leader, but I know myself. I couldn't handle the responsibility like Kanggu." explained Kevin. "So, give him a bit more respect."

"Right..." he muttered, settling into his bed. "Night."

"Night." Kevin replied, checking for new information on Juyeon's group.

He'd admit, he sometimes felt a bit jealous of Juyeon. He wanted to debut and shine on stage too. But even then, he was aware of possible reasons as to why they were still waiting. He powered down his laptop before getting underneath the covers. Their time would come and he'd make sure everyone would remember them.

a/n: just a short ending. hope you enjoyed the story