Surrender: The Flash (2)

By Book_Lover_37

"What made you change your mind?" "I just realized I have to stop thinking about the future and live in the m... More

About/Disclaimer/Cast
Season One Recap
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
7.0
7.1
7.2
7.3
8.1.0
8.1.1
8.1.2
8.1.3
8.1.4
8.1.5
8.2.0
8.2.1
8.2.2
8.2.3
8.2.4
9.0
9.1
9.2
9.3
9.4
9.5
10.0
10.1
10.2
11.0
11.1
11.2
12.0
12.1
12.2
12.3
13.0
13.1
13.2
13.3
13.4
13.5
14.0
14.1
14.2
14.3
14.4
15.0
15.1
15.2
15.3
15.4
16.0
16.1
16.2
16.3
16.4
17.0
17.1
17.2
17.3
17.4
17.5
18.0
18.1
18.2
18.3
18.4
19.1
19.2
19.3
20.0
20.1
20.2
21.0
21.1
21.2
21.3
22.0
22.1
22.2
22.3
23.0
23.1
23.2
23.3
23.4
That's a Wrap!

19.0

878 27 0
By Book_Lover_37

19.0 awkward

An alarm for work rings waking me up with a groan. I slowly get up, leaning over Barry to turn it off. Once doing that, I let myself fall on top of Barry, closing my eyes. I lift my hand, slowly patting Barry's face.

"Barry, wake up," I say, my voice muffled. "You gotta go to work."

"Mmhmm," He groans, falling back asleep. I groan, picking myself up, making sure I'm awake.

I move my face up to his, placing a kiss at the corner of his mouth. "Hey, you gotta wake up honey," I whisper. He groans out in annoyance as he turns his body to face away from me. I move closer to him again, kissing him on the cheek. I look at him sighing, and do the one thing that'll force him to wake up.

"If you don't get up, I will hurt you.... And remember it's me so it will be painful," I whisper, a smile playing at my lips. "With League techniques and all. I don't care if it's you. Your super healing makes me feel less guilty."

His eyes slowly open as I smile. "I'm awake," He says in his groggy voice as I chuckle and give him a kiss. I give his chest a pat as I pull away from him.

"Okay, now get up and get to work," I say. "You're gonna be late."

He groans and sits up in the bed, pulling me up from him. "Ok, ok," He says.

"Okay, now hurry up and shower... I'm gonna try to make breakfast," I say walking out. I then pop myself back into the room and say, "Oh, and I'm driving!"

🔥⚡️

"I really wish we didn't have to keep Jay's helmet around. I hate this thing," Cisco says, taking off his special glasses and putting down the helmet.

"Well..." Barry trails off.

"Just want to put a dent in it," Cisco says.

"Cisco, did you see Caitlin in your vibe?" I ask.

"Zoom's got her in his lair. She's scared, but she's okay," Cisco says.

"Oh, thank God," Barry sighs. "All right, we need to get her back."

"I know. But without your speed, there's no way any of us can get through that breach that Cisco found at the hospital," Joe says. "I just don't think there's anything we can do right now."

"He's right. And it's thanks to you, Al," Harry says walking in.

"Enough. We're all suffering here," Joe says.

"That's right. That's right, Detective. We're all suffering," Harry says. "We've lost Snow, you've lost your speed, and now... now Zoom can come through that breach anytime he wants. And that, Allen... that's on you."

"Hey, that's on all of us, okay?" I say sternly. "We made these decisions as a team."

"No, we didn't," Harry says.

"Where are you going?" Barry asks.

"I'm gonna go find Jesse before Zoom does... again," Harry says.

"Wait, you found her? How?" Cisco asks.

"Cellular dead zones, remote... People from my Earth vibrate at a different frequency than people from your Earth," Harry says. "They leave cellular dead zones wherever they go."

"That's why I'm always dropping calls around you?" Cisco asks.

"Okay, so... so wait, how did that help?" Iris asks.

"I track the dead zones created by Jesse since she got here and I follow the trail," Harry says. "It's easy."

"What, so you think you're gonna need that gun to convince her to leave with you?" Iris asks.

"You're full of questions today, aren't you, West?" Harry asks. "The gun is not for my daughter. She's not the only person from a different Earth, hiding out on this one If I run into them, I'm gonna need this."

"Okay, but you're also gonna need some help," I say.

"Really? You know anyone with the speed to help me?" Harry asks.

"Wow," Barry says as I scoff at his words. Am I invisible to these people?

"Great. I'll be in my workshop," Cisco says walking out.

"And I... need to go punch something," I say walking out.

🔥⚡️

I punch the punching bag in front of me with a lot of force. When I pull my hand away from it, I see the spot with my hand burnt. I curse looking at the damage and then pull away to take a drink of water.

"Hey," Iris says walking into my training room.

"Hey," I say with a smile. When we settle into an awkward silence, I sigh. "Look, Iris, are we alright? Things seem to have gotten... awkward and I can't seem to figure out why."

"Things haven't been-" She stops when I give her a look. "Ok, so it has been a little awkward."

"Yeah, um- You know I hate thinking this but is it- is it about Barry?" I ask hesitantly. She sighs looking down. "It is about Barry."

"Look, Liv, I don't want to ruin anything the two of you have," She tells me, as I lean against the wall, crossing my arms. "I just- I don't know what I feel."

"That's what you were talking about before the whole Zoom thing went down..." She nods. "I- It's- It's okay," I tell her. "I'm just- You know I've always been jealous of you?"

Iris chuckles. "Me? Why would you be jealous of me!? You're amazing!"

I chuckle. "You know so much about Barry, you guys are so close. I don't know- I just- You know him so well... I've just always- I don't know- I wish I knew more," I say. "I wish I could help more."

"That's what makes your relationship fun," Iris says. "You guys are always gonna have something to learn from each other, some story to tell. It'll never be boring.... Well maybe when you're old and retired but by then it's really not a problem."

I smile, thinking about what we would be like in the future. I then look at Iris. "Thank you," I say as she nods. "Are things still gonna be awkward between us?"

"Of course not," She says. "Look, whatever I feel, it's just a harmless crush that'll go away soon enough. I'm probably projecting feelings. And we all know Barry loves you more than anything. You'll be fine."

I nod with a smile.

We'll be fine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 65.9K 56
| book one | Natalie Reed has just moved to Central City, at first, oblivious to the unnatural events in her new home. She truly feels welcomed in Ce...
81.9K 3.2K 157
After Flashpoint, Barry accidentally changes the timeline and everything is ruined because of it. Iris and Joe aren't speaking. Cisco's brother, Dan...
44.7K 1.5K 51
Team Flash is still recovering from the emotional and physical aftershock of the black hole that tore apart their team and Central City. Little do th...
196K 4.8K 43
Arielle Murray was hit by a wave of dark matter the same night as many other people, including Barry Allen. Not many people know he is the Flash, but...