Defeated

By TashaPageWriting

In a town controlled by fear, Indianna is trying to find a way to survive. The only goal is to take down Rogu... More

I- Tai
II- Indianna
III- Introductions
IV- Letters To Him
V- Rogue
VI- Punishment
VII- Fight
VIII- We're Werewolves
IX- You Really Shouldn't Have Come To This Town
X- Kick
XI- Girl Talk
XII- A Plan?
XIII- Lone Wolf
XIV- Secrets
XV- Gender
XVI- Revenge
XVII- Rules
XVIII- Grave
XIX- Cry
XX- Dinner
XXI- Blood
XXII- Rogue's Order
XXIII- Oscar's Old Pack
XXIV- Claws
XXV- Hey Sugar
XXVII- Reward
XXVIII- Greyson's Back
XXIX- "You Lost My Mate"
XXX- Brooke's Secret
XXXI- Lily
XXXII- Brandon's Heartbreak
XXXIII- Eight Weeks To Get Rid of Rogue
XXXIV- Alec
XXXV- The Map
XXXVI- Preparations
XXXVII- Christmas Dinner
XXVIII- Greyson's Sacrifice
XXXIX- Trust
XL - Wish For Death
XLI- Day One

XXVI- Mate bond?

16.5K 775 270
By TashaPageWriting

So, hello.

Sincere apologies for not updating. Life has been crazy and I honestly haven't had the drive to write for months. I have wanted to, but every time I went to write I found that nothing was coming to me, no words were making their way onto paper, and I wasn't enjoying it.

However, no matter how long it takes, I will always continue to update this book as I enjoy the story and want to reach the ending. I like to write this book, so I will always update it, no matter how long it has been.

This isn't a long update, but I am halfway through writing the next update and for the first time in months, the words are actually flowing easily, and it's not a chore to write, I'm enjoying it. I'm someone who can't write for the sake of it, I have to be enjoying it and it has to happen naturally. 

That hasn't been happening for me lately and I can't explain why I just hope you enjoy this update and I promise I will upload the next update VERY shortly. Trust me, you will want to read the next one. It's gonna be big.

Thank you:)

*

Indianna had gone to school with the others and regretted it deeply. She felt very ill, and it only got worse as the day went on. She joined Stacey for lunch but couldn't bring herself to eat any food, and she spent the whole time watching Brooke who was grumpily sitting with Alec who didn't look pleased either. Kal was sending Alec glares whenever he could, he had been told about Alice being Alec's mate and he most definitely did not approve.

"Are you coming over tonight?" Stacey asked after finishing her salad.

Indianna frowned. "I don't know, I'm really not feeling well-"

"But you promised!" Stacey gasped. "Jason will be so disappointed."

Indianna gritted her teeth and forced a smile. "Actually, I'm sure I can come for a bit."

Stacey grinned. "You're so amazing, Indie. I've always wanted a sister and now I have one!"

Indianna wiped her clammy forehead. "I'm glad you're happy, Stacey," Indianna said softly.

"And just think, when the babies are born I can look after them for you, to give you a break! It's what sisters do!"

Indianna's hands went protectively to her stomach. She knew she wouldn't want to let her children out of her sight, but she smiled and nodded. "That's so thoughtful of you."

Stacey smiled. "I'm so excited to meet them. So is Jason! Babies are so adorable."

Indianna wanted to be sick.

"Are you okay?" Stacey asked. "You look awfully pale."

"Fine," Indianna said. "It's just the pregnancy."

"You must be under so much stress," Stacey said. "Maybe you should come at stay at ours for a bit, have some time away from that awfully busy house. You can take some time to relax."

"Oh, that's so kind of you to offer," Indianna said, trying her best to sound sincere. "But the pack house is my home, I'm needed there."

Stacey frowned. She didn't seem convinced. "Jason was telling me, your pack isn't known for its friendliness. Is it wise to raise children around people that are dangerous?"

"They're not dangerous," Indianna said immediately. "They're my pack, and they will be my children's pack."

"But they are dangerous," Stacey insisted.

"How?" Indianna asked. "Did they murder my mate and kidnap my best friend?" Indianna regretted the words as soon as they came out. If Stacey was upset about something Indianna had said then Rogue would find out. "I'm sorry," Indianna apologised. "My hormones are all over the place and so are my moods. Don't take it personally."

"It's fine," Stacey smiled. "I've got to get something from my locker before class, come with?"

"Of course," Indianna sighed and forced her aching body to stand. Her world span and a wave of heat washed over her but she managed to put one foot in front of another and follow Stacey out of the canteen.

"So, I was thinking- Indie, babe, are you okay?" Stacey frowned at Indianna as she stumbled and reached out for the wall to support herself. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine. I just feel a little sick." Indianna gasped and closed her eyes. She couldn't see straight and the world was moving. She could feel herself sweating and her head was filled with a loud noise that was making her ears ring. "I'm fine, just a little dizzy. I think-"

"Indie!" Stacey cried out as Indianna fell to her knees.

"I, I just need to-" Indianna fell unconscious before she could say anything else.

*

"Is she going to be okay? The babies could be harmed. What's wrong with her?" Stacey was whispering to Rogue, panic clear in her voice. "She just collapsed in front of me, Jason! I didn't know what to do!"

"You did the right thing by calling me," Rogue said. He looked over at his sister that was unconscious, lying on the couch in his house. "She'll be fine. Eventually."

"Do you know what's wrong with her?"

"It's the mate bond," Rogue muttered. "She's feeling it."

"But how? That's impossible, right?"

"It should be," Rogue sighed. "I'm going to need you to keep a closer eye on Brooklyn. If she starts showing any of the same symptoms that Indianna is you need to tell me straight away."

Stacey nodded and smiled. "Of course, anything for you. So, how are you going to help her?"

Rogue gritted his teeth and frowned, looking intently at Indianna. "Do you think she's suffered? Do you think she's broken?"

"She's not who she used to be," Stacey said. "I watch her when she's with her friends and she doesn't smile. She barely laughs. She's not happy. I think her children and her loyalty to that barbaric pack is the only reason she is here."

"Many wolves die after the loss of their mate," Rogue said.

Stacey frowned. "But she-"

Rogue gave Stacey a look. "So, do you think she's broken?" He repeated. "I want control. Do you think I've got control over her?"

"I think she'd do as you say," Stacey nodded. "No matter what."

Rogue smiled. "Fantastic."

"So, what are you going to do to help her? She can't stay how she is now."

Rogue took a deep breath and crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm going to give her what she needs. What her body is craving."

"You make her think that you're the bad guy," Stacey said and looked up at Rogue with love-filled eyes. "But, you're really not."

"As long as you think that, then that's all that matters."

*

Harry, Kal, and Kimberly returned home after school. It took Kal a lot of effort to drag Harry away from Brooke when they saw each other in the car park.

Brooke's heart had broken when she saw him. She was less than two meters away and her heart ached for him. She could have reached him in a matter of seconds and touched him. Embraced him. Instead, she swallowed and took a step back. She knew that Alec had no loyalty to her, he would tell Rogue if she broke the rules. He wouldn't risk Alice getting hurt. His priority was Alice. Just like Harry's priority was Brooke. Harry was heartless to pretty much everyone but Brooke. Brooke didn't doubt that he would kill Alice himself if it meant he could have Brooke back in his arms.

"No," Brooke whispered and shook her head. Kal frantically grabbed Harry's arms, stopping him from running to Brooke. "You can't. You have to stay away, my love."

"Please," Kal pleaded. "Harry, I know you care about me just enough to not go to her. I'm so sorry, Brooke."

Brooke smiled sadly. "It's fine, I love Alice. I'd do anything for her."

"Brooke, I am sorry for keeping you from your mate, but I'm not risking mine, so let's go," Alec snapped. "Now. I do not trust your mate."

Brooke wiped her damp eyes and turned her back on Harry. Every cell in her body was telling her to turn around and run to him. "You shouldn't. Just be glad you can trust me otherwise Alice would have no hope."

"I'm glad she has people that care for her."

"She's an extraordinary girl. She's loved by many."

"And they all hate me," Alec chuckled.

"Yes," Brooke said. "But I understand your situation. They do too, but we want to fight. You don't. The pack are fighters, we don't give up. What you're doing, giving into Rogue. That's giving up."

"It's working for me," Alec shrugged. "You guys aren't doing too great."

"We'll think of something."

Alec scoffed. "If you were going to, you would have by now."

Harry watched Brooke get into Alec's car and drive away.

"I'm sorry, man," Kal whispered.

"Shut it," Harry growled and stormed over to his car. They waited for Kimberly to join them and they drove home in silence.

Ace and Tai were sitting on the porch, talking quietly. Ace looked up when Harry, Kal, and Kimberly reached them. He frowned. "Where's Indie?"

"Ah," Kal said. "She, er, collapsed at school."

"What?" Tai gasped. "The babies-" Tai cut herself, surprising herself that she cared.

"She's with Rogue," Harry explained. "As much as he's a monster, we all know he doesn't want those babies harmed. He will make sure she's okay."

"I wouldn't be so sure," Kal muttered. "I'd much rather she'd be home."

"No," Ace sighed. "Harry is right. Even though he has inflicted so much pain on Indianna, I think physically he doesn't want to harm her."

"Just emotionally," Kal said and clenched his hands into fists. "The bastard."

"What was wrong with her?" Tai wondered.

Kal paused. "From what Stacey described over the phone to Kimberly... It almost seemed like she was suffering from the effects of the mate bond."

"That's impossible," Ace frowned. "When Greyson died all of the side effects from being away from him died with him."

Kal held his hands up. "I'm not saying it was, it's just what it sounded like."

Ace sighed. "Let's hope she comes home soon."

"Changing the conversation," Kal said suddenly. He looked at Tai. "Are you feeling a little less murderous now?"

Tai narrowed her eyes at Kal. "If you don't mind your own damn business I'll come for you next time I lose control."

Kal whistled. "Calm your temper. I was just asking."

"I should get you home. I'm sure your brother is worried about you."

"Are you sure you want to go home to a guy that is shacking up with Rogue's suck up," Kimberly said, raising her eyebrows.

"Raiden isn't the person to be concerned about," Tai said firmly. "He's innocent."

"Oh, I'm sure," Kimberly said.

"Kimberly," Ace said. "Don't."

Kimberly shrugged her shoulders and linked her arm through Kal's. "Just speaking the truth."

"Can't say I disagree with her, man," Kal admitted. "You know how the mate bond affects you. We have no idea what Brandon is telling Raidon about us."

"He's my twin," Tai said. "He would never betray me. He would always choose my side. You don't know what we've been through together." Ace gave Tai a curious look which she ignored. "Can you take me home, Ace?"

"Of course," Ace said softly and stood up. "While I'm gone, try and get in touch with Indie."

"That's exactly what I was going to do," Kimberly said and pulled Kal into the house.

"Come on, let's get you home," Ace said to Tai. He held his hand out and to his surprise, Tai took it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 1.3K 57
Claire has to face new life changing events, when finally shifting for the first time. Can she face the threats coming at her in every direction? Wit...
206K 5.2K 35
After years on the run only looking out for herself and one other, Astra must confront her worst nightmare. Not only is she now trapped by the rules...
469K 11.3K 31
Rogues. They are feared. They are hated. They are killed. But some don't have a choice wether they become a rogue or not. Alpha Jacob Sterling hates...
20.2M 720K 86
"She's shy," Brooke shrugged, glancing at Indianna who looked like she wanted to be anywhere but in the classroom. "Well, come on, I don't bite," Gre...