Yaatra Hombre

By writingkat1994

In the year 3013, mankind has now settled in new systems of planets based off the former countries of Earth... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: Angel and Aruna Part 1
Chapter 3: Angel and Aruna part 2
Chapter 4: The start of the Yatra Hombre
Chapter 5: Day off on Cha
Chapter 6 Michael Metzger
Chapter 8 Finding Metzger
Chapter 9 Capturing Metzger
Chapter 10: Losing the War
Chapter 11 Waiting
Chapter 12: Around the Galaxy
Chapter 13: Onward

Chapter 7 To Novyy Belarus

12 2 0
By writingkat1994

The morning after the debrief the crew, one by one got up for breakfast. The first was Shinji at 5:30 to cook breakfast for the crew. Next was Angel and Aruna an hour later in their casual clothes. Fifteen minutes later a bleary-eyed Albina came in her sleep wear. Shinji served them a spinach, sausage, and onion omelet. "Good Morning Everyone." Albina greets them.

"Morning Albina." The three greeted her.

"So what is on the agenda today?" She asked them.

"First thing is entering the lightspeed relay to System 10 and we should be there in an hour." Angel answered.

"Awesome." She exclaimed tiredly accepting an omelet from Shinji and putting some of her sauce on it.

Shinji growled making both Angel and Albina snicker. "How are you not used to me putting a few drops of sauce on my food for three years?" She asked with glee in her voice.

Shinji keeps grumbling while heading back to the kitchen. Aruna looks at both her husband and Albina. "Why must you give him a hard time because of his culture towards condiments."

"We don't give him a hard time because of his culture, we give him a hard time because of his reactions to us putting condiments on the food he makes us." Angel said failing at hiding his smirk.

Aruna sighs and shakes her head finishing her omelet. She picks up her plate and heads to the kitchen, but before she could yet to the kitchen Angel gets up and grabs her plate. "As the husband it is my duty to take in dishes to the kitchen that the wife eats from." He tells her sitting back down.

"Thank you priye." She said kissing his cheek. "I'm going to the engine to make sure that everything is up to our trip and take the pilot's chair so we can verify where we are going to the light speed operators." She said heading out of the dinning area.

"So, is our computer systems in order?" Angel asked Albina finishing off his omelet.

"Yeah, the hard drives, soft wear, and components have been upgraded and repaired." Albina said taking a bite out of her omelet.

"Good." He said before asking. "How are you?"

"Fine, why do you ask?"

"We are heading toward system 10, and I was wondering how you are feeling about that."

"I'll be fine, I will stay on the ship while we are on Novyy Belarus monitoring the computer Metzger's computer activity and monitor local law enforcement." She said to him.

"Alright." He says to her patting her on her shoulder before taking two plates to the kitchen. "Oh you have 12 days left."

Albina grumbles as Angel exits the dinning area. "Blyad."

Albina eats her omelet and when she finishes, she picks up her plate and utensils and takes them to the kitchen. Entering the kitchen, she sees Shinji feeling the sink with soap and hot water. "Hello Shinji, just here to drop off my plate." She greeted.

Shinji pointed to three other plates staked up. "Thanks Shinji, don't take my use of sauce as an insult Shinji where I'm from we put sauce on all our food because our food sucks."

Shinji chuckles a little at that. "Yes culinary cultures like mine, France, and Spain have two things in common our countries back on Earth were warm and our cultures have hidden flamboyancy." Shinji responds.

Albina chuckled. "Russian pop music used to have flamboyancy until the censor beat it out."

Albina places her plate on top of the other plates. "Breakfast was delicious Shinji thank you."

"If it was truly delicious then you wouldn't be putting sauce on your meal." Shinji told her.

"So, you say." She countered as she walked out of the kitchen.

Albina walked to the common room. She found a worn leather couch in front of a 60 in TV. She found the remote and turned on the TV. The show that was on was a sitcom from جدید (New) Iran about a former professional soccer player who is now a youth team coach. She turns the channel to show a hockey game in the Canadian Hockey League. The Winnipeg Jets were facing the Quebec Nordics, it was the second period of the game and the Jets were up 3 to 1 with three minutes left in the period. The Nordics were pressing forward with the attack, the center passes to the right wing. The right wing shoots the puck, but the Jets' goalie intercepts the puck before it could enter the net. "Great save by Andrews." The announcer said.

The goalie passes the puck to his right where a defenseman was waiting. The defenseman finds a wingman on his side and shoots it to him. The wingman receives it but is checked by a Nordic's defense man. "He will feel that tomorrow." The announcer yelled.

For the rest of the period the Nordics and the Jets continued to have a back and forth. When the period was over Shinji came in and sat down next to her. "May I change the channel please?" Shinji asked.

Albina nodded her head as Shinji was handed the remote. "Thanks."

He turned the channel to CH-Baseball. On the channel two men and one woman were at a table bowing. "Good morning and welcome to CHA Baseball in the morning." One of the male's greeted. "I'm Rie Honda."

"I'm Shen Chi." The female said.

"And I'm Kim Jin-Yuop." The final member of the trio greets.

"Three days ago the Yamiuri Giants have deafeted the Hansin Tigers in the Japanese series and move on to the Cha series with the NC Dinos from the KBO and the Lamigo Monkeys of the CPBL." Rie announced. "Today we will be discussing the CHA series and who will have a shot at winning."

"That's right Rie, first team is the Taiwanese team the Lamigo Monkeys." Kim said. "This is their 14th time in the Cha series but have never won it and neither has any Taiwanes team for 29 years."

"And they are not likely to win it this time." Shen said. "The Monkey's making it to the series was a miracle in itself."

"But they do have a chance especially with their first baseman Eduardo Ramos with a .271 batting average and 31 home runs in 32 games in the CPBL regular season with an extra 5 homeruns in the playoffs" Rie stated.

While Rie was talking the show had highlights of Ramos hitting homeruns. "You can't let it go, can you?" Albina asked in sympathetic voice.

"No, I don't think I ever will?" Shinji said with a tear falling from his eye.

Albina pat him on the back. "It wasn't fair what happened to you Shinji."

"Thank you, Albina." He said to her still watching TV.

In the engine room, Aruna exited the room. She walked to her bunk that she shared with her husband and entered the bathroom. She turned on the shower and got ready for it.

In the dinning room Angel was laying his guns on the table inspecting them. He found hi tranq gun and holds it and aims it. "Perfecto." He mutters to himself.

Back in the common room, Albina and Shinji were still watching CHA baseball in the morning. "The KBO team that is another dark horse is the NC Dinos." Shen announced.

"NC Dinos have a slightly better chance at the title but are still overshadowed by the giants." Rie said making his co-hosts roll their eyes.

"It is true that the giants are the big favorites in the series but don't count the Dinos out, yet they have terrific piticing core and Kim Ill-Chung has been homerun hitter for most of the season." Kim argued.

"I have to agree with Rie, Chung has been in decline after coming back from a hand injury a week ago and has not even made hit during the play offs unfortunately." Shen said agreeing with Rie reluctantly.

"Oh, come on the Dinos still have a shot against those darn Giants." Kim yelled.

Rie smirked. "Not really the Giants have some of the best hitters on the planet and one is expected to go play in the MLB next season."

"Okay, so the Giant's hitting core is fantastic and their defense is also terrific but the pitching core is lacking." Kim countered.

"Not lately though since they acquired Angel Jurrjens from the Curacaoan Pirates in the Caribbean Baseball League, Kiske Tanaka from the Chunichi Dragons, and finally Angel Ramirez from the Portland Beavers in the MLB and they helped the Giants breeze through the playoffs."

"I hate to say it but the Giants are the ones that are most likely to win." Shen conceded.

Kim's eyes are now wide open in shock. The look of betrayal is beginning to form on his face. Shen looked guilty, "I don't like the Giants either, but their numbers and recent luck has shown they are the one's that will win the series."

Before Kim could shout Rie decided to interject. "We will be back to discuss the CBL."

Albina was smirking and on the verge of laughing. "I don't like baseball and prefer hockey but watching those three argue like they were in parliament is funny."

"Yeah, they even physically fight each other from time to time particular win two teams with Giants within their name are in the Cha series." Shinji smiled fondly.

Albina intrigued pulled out her phone and went on YouTube to look it up and found it. She watches the video and laughs. In the video Shen was attempting to break Kim and Rie apart before calling for a commercial break. The video end as she is laughing hard with her hands on her stomach. "How are they still working together?" She asks.

"Their ratings are high and have a large following on the internet." He answered smiling while an energy drink commercial was playing.

"Faster mind, faster body." The spokesperson shouted. "Bonsai energy drink."

The spokes person presses a bottle of the energy in front of him, displaying it for the audience. "Bonsai!" He shouts throwing his fist in the air with the bottle before leaning his upper body to the left with a quiet dunk sound.

"The commercials are also great." Albina stated and Shinji chuckles.

Outside Angel and Aruna's room the door opens revealing Aruna behind it in a pair of blue jeans, a pair of brown combat boots, a green tank top and brown aviator jacket. She walked to the cockpit. She went to the council in front of the pilot's chair flipped the switch turning off the ships auto pilot. She looks out the window and see's a large circle with a line of around five ships of various sizes in front of the circle. "Attention crew we are approaching the light speed launcher and are now in line to get inspected and identified."

The ship entered the que of ships, then the communicator stars ringing. She hits the button to answer it. A video pops up of an Asian female in a light blue military uniform. "Welcome to the Asian System light speed launcher, may I ask for the purpose of your use of the launcher?"

"My crew and I are bounty hunters and are headed toward System 10 because we have a tip on where he or she might be." Aruna told the officer.

"Alright we should be ready in 2 hours for your launch to System 10." The officer told her. "We are also going to have to verify everyone on board."

"Okay when will the verification happen?" Aruna asked.

"We just sent a patrol ship on your way, so around 30 minutes." She told her.

"Thank you, officer." Aruna thanked before the screen went black.

Aruna pressed the intercom button. "Attention crew, USS officers will be boarding the Hombre in around 30 minutes." She announced.

In the common room Albina and Shinji hear the announcement Shinji turns off the TV and gets up. Albina gets up after him. They head to their individual bunks on the ship. Albina's bunk had a bed that was not made, and her computers and other computer parts scattered throughout the room. She carefully enters her bunk doing her best to not step on any of the parts on the floor. She went to her drawer and pulled a draw out and dug out through her sock draw finding a travel wallet pulling out her bounty hunter identification card. It had the details on it that would be on a driver's license: name, date of birth, the ship she is a part of, height, weight, hair and eye color, and bounty hunter identification number 107483627. Shinji enters his bunk, his bunk was neat and orderly with a neatly made bed and no clutter and went to his night stand and pulled out his wallet.

Angel cleaned the last of his guns before putting them in a box before pulling out his wallet and heading towards the cargo bay waiting for the USS officers to inspect their credentials. One by one the crew arrived waiting the officers knock on the door. When a knock came from the cargo bay door, Aruna opened it revealing a skinny Asian male with six other officers five of them looked to be of Asian decent while the sixth on had a light brownish skin color.

"Greeting, I am lieutenant Rama Slamet and we need to verify that this is a bounty hunter ship." He explained. "Who's the captain?"

Angel raised his hand. "That would be me, I'm captain Angel Santana."

The lieutenant nods. "Captain Santana please step forward and present your identification." He commanded.

Angel slowly pulls out his wallet and takes out his bounty hunter identification card and hands it to the lieutenant. One of the officers had a scan gun and scanned the card. "Cleared!" The officer shouted.

"Now who pilots this ship?" The lieutenant asked the crew.

Aruna raised her hand. "That would be me sir."

"Step forward with your pilot's license and bounty hunter identification card." He ordered her.

Aruna slowly pulled the two cards out handing them to the lieutenant. The officer with the scan gun scanned both objects. "Cleared!" The officer yelled.

"Alright, you two." The lieutenant pointed towards Shinji and Albina.

Shinji and Albina handed him their identification cards. The officer with the scan gun scanned them. "Cleared!" The officer yelled in confirmation.

The lieutenant nodded at his officers. He handed the crew their identification cards back. "Sorry for the intrusion, we got word of a ship heading toward System 10 with human cargo." He told them.

"I see, I hope you find them and shoot them." Angel encouraged.

"Thank you, and we will see what we can justifiably do." The lieutenant said. "If they do resist, we can shoot them."

The officers left and the lieutenant gave a quick bow with a large smile on his face. The lieutenant then followed the officers out. Aruna closed the hanger door. "I will be on the pilot's chair if you need me." Aruna told her crew mates.

"Do you mind if I join you hermosa?" Angel asked.

"Sure." Aruna replied. "I would love the company."

Aruna and Angel head to the cockpit. Shinji and Albina looked at each other. "I'm going to get started on lunch." Shinji told her.

"Okay I will be in the common room if you or anyone else needs me." She says heading towards the common room.

Shinji heads to the kitchen and pulls out his phone and goes to his music app and finds his feel-good music playlist. He hits the play button then Sugar Song to Bitter Step by Unison Square Garden start playing on a stereo. Shinji played air guitar while turning on the store and putting a frying pan on the fire. He spins before opening a cupboard above the oven and pulled out a bottle of vegetable oil. He poured just enough for him to spread it over the top of the pan in a thin layer. He pulled out some beef from the fridge. He spins his way to the stove pulling out seasoning from the top cupboard. He put the beef in a plastic bowl and taking out a pot and filled it with hot water. He turned on another burner on the stove before putting the pot on it to boil. He then seasoned the meat and mixed it into the beef better.

While Shinji was dancing and cooking in the kitchen. Angel and Aruna were in the cockpit when they heard the song through the intercom. "Should we let Shinji know that his stereo is hooked up to the intercom system again?" Aruna asked him.

Angel shook his head. "Nah, if the music wasn't playing, I wouldn't be able to ask you to dance." He replied offering her his right hand.

Aruna smiled a little at this. She took his hand and they started to dance. There were some twirls and step like they were in a very small ballroom. While they dance, they maneuver their way around the stirring wheel and seat. They even jump up and down when the chorus was sung.

In the common room Albina was about to turn on the TV when she heard Shinji's music through the intercom. She headed to the door to make sure that the door was closed, before tapping her foot and awkwardly shake her arms. She moves her right arm to her head and moves it to the right horizontally and the left arm does the same movement as her right arm. She repeats the dance steps until the song ended.

Shinji continues to tap his foot and make meatballs. He puts a little oil on them before putting them on the frying pan. He coos them while putting pasta into the boiling water. He poured some salt into the water and started stirring the past He even jumped here and there until the song ended and Angel's voice came from the intercom.

"Hey Shinji, as much as I like that song, I'm calling you through the intercom is because we can all hear it." Angel told him.

"Wait everyone?" Shinji asked embarrassingly.

"Yes, everyone!" Aruna and Albina answered confirming what Angel told Shinji over the intercom.

Shinji groans before he pauses the music before finding a cord connecting the stereo with the intercom system. He unplugs it and presses play continuing the music. He later went into the fridge and retrieved tomato sauce in a reusable tuple ware container. He then turned the meatballs every so often and stir the pasta until becomes firm. He then gets a strainer and puts it in the sink. He then pours the pasta into the strainer. He then puts the tomato sauce in the microwave. When that's done he puts the meatballs into the sauce. He then puts the past back into the pan and then drizzles some olive oil onto it. He then plates the pasta before hitting the intercom button to announce that lunch was ready.

One by one the crew came into the dinning area. He gave each crew a plate of pasta. He gave each crew member a plate of pasta. They sat down at the table. "Thank you, Shinji, this looks delicious." Aruna complimented Shinji.

"Thank you Aruna." Shinji said. "Though I have to admit that the sauce is a left over from five days ago."

"That's fine." Albina said waving him off. "But your music is still on."

"You know music with lunch would have been lovely." Angel commented.

"Even if you can't speak Japanese." Albina pointed out.

"I like the instrument use and the lyrics get in your head in a good way." Angel argued.

Shinji sat back down after exiting the kitchen. "So what's the status on the upcoming jump?" Shinji asked.

"Should be launched in a little less than 20 minutes and will reach the other side in a little less than an hour." Aruna answered.

"Good because I can't imagine what it would be like with out the launchers." Albina said.

"It was not fun." Aruna said. "When I started as cargo ship driver the launchers were not operational yet so our ships went through the empty space between systems."

"How long were your deliveries?" Albina asked.

"Depends." Aruna replied. "To the Chinese system was only 3 days while the European system takes a week."

"Wow, thank goodness for the launchers, I can't imagine slowly going through the space between the systems." Shinji says.

"The longest one was when I made a delivery to Australia in the Pacific System." Aruna tells them. "That took a month."

Shinji grimaces. "I can't imagine going through space for that long."

"It wasn't too bad, some entrepreneurs made different pit stops." Aruna told them.

"What happened to them when the launcher were made operational?" Albina asked.

"Few got out to find some other work as the launchers by pass all the businesses in the space between the systems and the space stations have been abandoned." Aruna told.

"For a little while until Gypsies, Anarchists, and USS deserters started settling there." Angel stated. "Those stations are in the back of most people's minds the USS included."

"How come we never go through there?" Albina asked curiously.

"Because we only went to an anarchist commune to apprehend an arsonist who enjoyed burning Chinese offices in New Australia." Angel answered. "That was our first year my wife and I started bounty hunting."

"It wasn't so fun." Aruna stated. "We had to keep the guns on the ship to keep suspicion off us."

"When we did incapacitate him, we had to go to the ship when mostly everyone fell asleep at around 4 AM and avoid the heavily armed volunteer patrol." Angel further explained.

"We had to sneak and crawl for 400,000 credits." Angel and Aruna said at the same time.

All four laughed together at the situation. Suddenly an announcement came from the intercom. "Attention crew of the Yaatra Hombre in 10 minutes you will be launched to System 10."

The crew stopped laughing and continued eating. Aruna finished first. "I have to get to the cockpit thank you for lunch Shinji it was delicious." She told them kissing her husbands cheek before leaving for the cockpit.

"So why don't the USS get more involved in the space between the system?" Shinji asked.

Angel and Albina looked at him with a look that said, 'really.'

Shinji looked at them with a look of embarrassment after a few minutes. "Oh right, 'they have more pressing concerns than to monitor the undesirables.'" Shinji said with a bit of fake pompousness in his voice.

Angel and Albina both nod at him slowly. Albina gets up and pats him on the head and her plate is practically empty. "I'm of to the common room to see what is on TV."

"Okay have fun, see you in a couple minutes." Angel told her.

A couple minutes later Angel finished his meal. "I'll go see what Albina is watching."

"Okay." Shinji replies.

Angel walks out the dinning area. Shinji finishes his meal before taking the plates and silver ware to the kitchen to wash them. Shinji was starting to wash the first dish when Aruna's voice came from the intercom. "Attention crew we are now being launched towards System 10."

After finishing the dishes, Shinji washed his hands and heads to the common room. Angel and Albina were on the ends of the couch. Shinji takes a seat in the middle. "So, what are we watching?" He asks them.

"La Casa de Papel." Angel told him.

"Huh." Shinji sounded.

"Money heist." Albina translated for him with an eye roll.

"Oh the remake or the original?"

"Original." Both Angel and Albina replied.

"Cool."

In the cockpit Aruna was setting the ship on auto pilot. She got up and headed to the common room. There she found the rest of the crew on the couch. "So, what are we watching?" She asked them.

"Money heist." They said at the same time.

"The original or the American remake?" She asked.

"The original." They replied.

"Oh, thank paramesha." She muttered.

"Relax." Angel told his wife starting to massage her shoulders.

"Oh, thank you jaanam." She said. "I checked the engine last night and we are going to need a new compression coil and change its oil."

"It's not too bad we still have plenty of money so after we capture Metzger alive, we can take it one of the USS stations to make repairs to the engine." Angel planed.

"Yes, thank god that we have money in our savings for once." Albina said not taking her eyes off the screen.

"But you know what's better than having some money?" Shinji asked them.

"What Shinji?" Angel asked.

"Having more money in our accounts." He replied.

The crew snickered and laughed at that. "That is very true Shinji don't you agree hermosa?" Angel asked his wife.

"Yes, that would be correct jaanam." She answered with a soft kiss on the lips.

Albina rolled her eyes at them. "Will you two get a room please?" She begged them.

"Well maybe you should get a girlfriend." Aruna told her.

"Yes, find yourself a girlfriend Albina." Shinji said in an imitation of a child and starting to laugh.

Angel also started laughing while Albina glared at the two males of the group. Aruna looked confused. "Anything that I am missing?"

"No, not at all." Albina told her with a hard glare at Shinji and Angel.

Both Angel and Shinji laugh despite the glare from Albina that promised punishment. "But why are you glaring at Shinji and my husband and why are they laughing?" Aruna asked curiously.

Albina's glare started to waver, and a slight blush started to appear on her face. Aruna saw this and she put the pieces together. "You have a girlfriend." Aruna spoke to her in a serious tone.

Shinji slowly got off the coach and started to tip toe to the door of the common room. He only made it two steps before Angel pulled him back to the couch. "I wouldn't try to get away if I were you." He told Shinji.

Shinji grumbled. Aruna looked intensely at Albina. "So do you have a girlfriend?" Albina asked her.

"Sort of." She said in response to the pilot's question.

Aruna then smiles widely. "I have 35 to get to the cockpit to prepare for the slow down and then another 4 hours to get to Novvy Belarus." She told the computer expert. "We have to give me the details in the cockpit."

Aruna then dragged Albina out of the common room. Albina looked at her male crew mates for help, but they could not do anything but give her a look of pity. The two female crew members exited the common room and after a few minutes Shinji and Angel looked at each other. "So now what?" Shinji asked. "Should we help?"

"Nothing we can do." Angel told him.

They both had an awkward moment of silence before Shinji decide to break it. "So, Cha is facing Baru Indonesia for a spot in the FIFA System's Cup."

"Ah that is the perfect distraction before I have a brief and awkward conversation with my wife." Angel said.

The screen showed the starting eleven on each team with a ball in the center. A whistle blew and the Indonesian team passed the ball back to a mid-fielder. "Soentoro passes to Dimas." The announcer commented as the game began.

"I'll get a couple of beers." Shinji says to him getting up.

"Okay." Angel says his focus mostly on the TV.

In the cockpit Aruna sat in the pilot's chair facing Aruna who was sitting on a lawn chair. Aruna takes a deep breath. "Okay details young lady, who is she, how did you meet, what is her profession, when did you two meet, and where is your next date?" She asked her young crew mate quickly.

Albina sighs putting her hands on her head and rubbing it. "Okay Albina." She tiredly. "Her name is Inukai, we meet on that day we turned in that Haitian, she was prepping for opening the bar for the day, and she owns a bar called Citrus."

"A bar owner does she have a website for her bar yet?"

"No, she does not."

"Well the day Angel and I can't bounty hunt again or if you want to settle down maybe you two can work together in operating the bars internet foot print."

"I don't think it will happen anytime soon though." Albina pointed out.

"True." She agreed but also pointed out. "Though we may not choose when we leave the bounty hunter business."

Albin hums in agreement. "I can understand, but even if I reluctantly have to leave, I may not necessarily be leaving alive."

"Again true." She agreed but gave her some advice. "Listen, you may not survive the next mission, or the next, or the one after that but having someone to love outside of this business makes things easier so if you get a chance talk to her."

Albina looked at Aruna with a look of sadness. "We only known each other for a day, I'm not sure that I'm in love with her."

"I never said that you're in love bachcha, I just think that you should give Inukai a chance." Aruna scolded.

Albina had a tear falling on her cheek. "Thank you Aruna." Albina replied to her.

"Your welcome bachcha." Aruna told her. "Now tell more about Inukai."

"Alright." Albina said with smile forming on her face.

Back at the common room Shinji came back with two Kingfisher beers and handed one to Angel. He took a sip while watching the game. Japan has procession of the ball and the Indonesian team were trying to swarm midfielder on the far right side with ball leaving the winger on the opposite side and the midfielder kicks the ball and the winger jumps and heads the ball into the opposing teams net. "Kagawa set the ball in the penalty area it's headed by Kim and into the net goooooaaaaalllllll." The announcer shouts with excitement.

Shinji pumps his fist. "Yes!"

Angel smiles. "You know for a baseball fan you really enjoy football."

Shinji sends him a sideways glance. "Just because I love baseball doesn't mean I hate other sports."

"Mostly because if Cha wins this game they are in the Systems cup." Angel pointed out.

"That may be the case as well." Shinji admitted.

"Cha won it in 3088, I bet that was fun for the planet." Angel said.

"I remember when they won it, I was 14 at the time watching the match at a friends house and the celebration after they won was epic with fireworks and cheering celebrations." Shinji recalled with a smile. "I imagine there was some drinking involved as well."

Angel laughed a little at that. "Yeah when Planeta Mejico 1 won it in 3080 I got drunk with my country man and had a hang over the next day and I had to work that day."

Shinji was laughing with his mouth covered but still loud enough to be noticed. Angel then joined him in laughter but with his mouth open. The two not noticing the game on the screen while they were laughing. When the two finally calmed down enough they noticed an Indonesian forward avoiding Cha players left and right until he reaches the penalty area and kicks the ball towards the net only for the Cha goalkeeper to catch the ball. "Solossa dodges Lee, now Po, and then Yoshida he shoot... Young catches the ball before it can make it into the net." The announcer recaps in gradually loudening voice before going to a normal talking volume.

Shinji breathes a sigh of relief. Angel laughed a little. "Oh man if that was a goal then it would have been the goal of the match or on the top 10 goals of the year."

"I admit it would be but since it was against my home planet then I would hate." Shinji relented but defiant.

The two continued watching the game until halftime the score still Cha 1 and Baru Indonesia 0, when Shinji got up. "I am going set up for dinner I am using the slow cooker so I should be back in 30 minutes and I will get two more beers." Shinji told him.

Shinji exited the common room to the kitchen. As Shinji was getting carrots, beef, onions, and potatoes Aruna's voice came from the intercom. "Attention crew we have now been received by the receiver at System 10 we will reach Novvy Belarus in 4 hours."

Shinji continued preparing dinner as he got out a skillet and heated up the skillet. He stared peeling and cutting the potatoes, the carrots and onions. He pulled out a can of beef broth and opened the can. He then put the beef into the crockpot and the put the carrots, potatoes, and onions before putting the beef broth into crock pot and started the crockpot. He set it to 5 hours, then went to one of the fridges and pulled two Kingfisher's and headed to the common room. He see's Angel on the couch looking at the TV. "Hey Angel, got you a beer." Shinji told him handing him a beer.

"Thanks, and just in time the second half is about to start." Angel said accepting the beer.

"Hopefully Cha can get some insurance this half." Shinji said.

Suddenly Albina came in winded and almost out of breath. Angel and Shinji looked at her with confused look. "How did you escape?" Angel asked.

"Your wife taking the controls distracted her long enough for me to slip away." She told them. "Hey, do you mind if I take the vodka, ginger beer and lime juices to make myself a mule because I need a drink."

"Sure." Shinji agreed.

"Thanks, I will be back in a few minutes." Albina told them running towards the kitchen.

After a couple of minutes Aruna arrived. "Hello Jaanam, Shinji do you know where Albina went?"

Angel and Shinji looked at Aruna and chill went down their spine as she had slight smile and eyes half open giving off a creepy look that promised retribution if you don't answer her. "She's making herself a mule in the kitchen." Angel and Shinji answer at the same time.

Aruna smiled wider and closed her eyes. "Thank you two we will be arriving in Novvy Belarus in less than 4 hours."

Aruna then went to the kitchen while Shinji and Angel just watched the game. They didn't hear any shouts and tentatively took sips from their beers as a Cha player scores a penalty kick. "So should we say a prayer to Albina?" Shinji asked.

"Sure." Angel said making a cross on his chest with his right pointer and middle fingers while Shinji clasps his hands together and bowing slightly. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 103 13
As a poor man, Marcus would never be able to afford to leave Earth, so he had to fit in instead. Taking on a role of a crime lord he manages to escap...
63 3 1
The Milky Way has changed. Over 400 years have passed since The Great Mutagen, and species across the galaxy have better learned to explore the new r...
892 244 71
"You think a law will stop me? I'm a bounty hunter, for fuck's sake! Once I'm given a target, threre's no stopping me." After the death of Antonin Dj...
1.7K 244 28
The year 3033 maybe the height of humanity. All problems have been eradicated and a human's life is almost near perfect. Space exploration is the new...