Psych - HIATUS

By lokigodofaces

You are an avid fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. You find yourself unexplainably in the world of your fa... More

אחד
שתיים
שלוש
A/N, PLEASE READ
Schedule
חמישה
שש
שבע
שמונה
תֵשַׁע
עשר
אחד עשר
שתיים עשרה
שְׁלוֹשׁ עֶשׂרֵה
חֲמֵשׁ עֶשׂרֵה
חֲמֵשׁ עֶשׂרֵה
שש עשרה
שבע עשרה
שמונה עשרה
תשעה - עשר
עשרים
עשרים ואחת
עשרים ושתיים
עשרים ושלוש
עשרים וארבע

ארבעה

915 50 23
By lokigodofaces

You hurriedly come up with a plan of escape as you exit the helicopter with Nick Fury and Maria Hill, knowing exactly what will happen and who will come. It has been a month since Coulson dragged you to see Fury.

You hurriedly follow after Fury and Hill as they go to Coulson, going the opposite direction of those evacuating the scene. "How bad is it?" Fury asks.

"That's the problem, sir. We don't know," Coulson answered. "Doctor Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago."

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase," Fury points out.

"He wasn't testing, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement."

"It just turned itself on?" Hill asked in shock

Fury eyes you, nonverbally reminding you of your job here: use your "psychic" abilities to find any clues as to what happened and what will happen. "What are the energy levels?"

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac."

"How long to get everyone out?"

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour."

"Do better." You, Fury, and Hill continue walking, delving deeper into the facility. "Miss l/n, do you have anyth-" He is cut off by your "revelation."

You thrash against some invisible force as you close your eyes. "D-doors...open...both ends...h-hawk...g-gods," you say in a raspy voice. You have gotten very good at imitating a psychic. Fury and Hill help you steady yourself before you fall. Breathing heavily, you thank them. You run your fingers through your hair anxiously. "I don't know exactly why, but this'll be a day to remember, it seems."

"Is it always this vague?" Hill asks. This is the first time she has seen you gain revelation, as everyone has been calling it that knows about you.

"Yeah, pretty much," you answer.

"Okay then." She turns back to Fury. "Sir, evacuation may be futile."

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?"

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance."

"If it's of any comfort, I can feel Death approaching on some people, and he is no where near either of you," you say, making something up as you go. I mean, you know neither will die tonight.

"Thank you, l/n. Agent Hill, I need you to make sure Phase 2 prototypes are shipped out."

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" Hill asked in astonishment.

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Every piece of Phase 2 on a truck and gone."

"Yes sir," Hill says reluctantly. She takes a few other agents with her. You and Fury continue in your path toward the Tesseract.

"Talk to me, Doctor."

Selvig emerges from behind his machinery. "Director."

"Is there anything we know for certain?"

"The Tesseract is misbehaving."

"Is that supposed to be funny?"

"No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active, she's... misbehaving."

You watch as the Tesseract emit blue rays of energy at random. "She sure is."

Selvig turns to me. "Who are you?"

"I, uh, I'm y/n l/n. I'm working with SHIELD at the moment. Why? It's...complicated," you explain.

"How soon until you pull the plug?" Fury asks.

"The Tesseract is an energy source," you remind Fury. "Unplugging it won't do anything."

"Precisely," Selvig agrees. "If she reaches peak level..."

"We've prepared for this, Doctor. Harnessing energy from space."

"We don't have the harness. Our calculations are far from complete. Now she's throwing odd interference, radiation." Upon noticing Fury's concerned look, Selvig adds, "Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation."

You smirk. "Last time someone said that, things got dangerous pretty fast," you say, subtly referencing Bruce Banner's gamma ray studies that turned him into the Hulk.

"Where's Barton?"

"The Hawk? Up in his nest, as usual," Selvig said as he jerked his head up toward where Clint Barton is perched.

Fury taps his ear piece. "Agent Barton, report." In no time at all, Clint joins you and Fury. "I gave you this detail so you could keep a close eye on things."

"Well, I see better from a distance," Clint says. You smile at the iconic line. You glance around, wondering what to do when someone shows up uninvited.

"Are you seeing anything that might set this thing off?" Fury asks. In the background, you hear NASA scientists frantically trying to solve their problem.

"No one's come or gone. It's oven is clean. No contacts, no I.M.'s. If there was any tampering, sir, it wasn't at this end."

"At this end?"

"Yeah, the Cube is a doorway to the other end of space, right? Doors open from both sides."

Fury turns to you. "Just like you revealed."

Clint looks at you with slight confusion. "And who are you?"

"Y/n l/n, it's been a weird month, I'm working with SHIELD right now because of my...abilities."

"She's a psychic, and not a crack pot one," Fury explains in a hushed voice. "Crazy, but I have no other explanation for how she does it."

"Well then," Clint says with mild shock. "So what do you know about this?"

"Not much," you lie. "I keep getting visions of something, or someone, far away from this planet. Then it cuts to the Tesseract, and some ancient religion."

"That's very explicit."

"It's the best ESP I've seen, Agent Barton."

Suddenly, the building is shaking. You stumble as you turn to the Tesseract, seeing it glow brighter until it emits a beam of bright blue energy. The energy forms a worm hole to the ends of space. You begin to panic, knowing full well who is about to come to your planet. Gusts of energy knock everyone in the room back, suddenly soaring to the ceiling.

A man steps onto the platform, man, clad in gold, green, and black leather, grinning, holding a powerful scepter. Loki Laufeyson. The grin soon disappears as he takes in his surroundings.

"Sir please put down the spear!" Fury shouts at him.

Loki looks at the scepter, and uses it to shoot blue energy at Fury, you in the firing zone. Clint tackles you and Fury to the floor, barely missing the blast. Everyone with a gun shoots at Loki, but bullets can't pierce through his Jotun body. Loki kills or disables anyone who attacks with ease. Fury covers you with his body.

Screw you, SHIELD, for not letting me come here with a weapon. Would it do any good? No, but I'd feel a little better with one right now! you think.

Clint moves to attack Loki, but you know how it'll end. Loki grabs his wrist and disarms Clint. Clint struggles to fight against the inhuman strength of Loki. "You have heart," Loki says, barely audible. Loki places the tip of the scepter on Clint's chest. You watch as blue trails up Clint's veins and Clint's eyes turn an overly brilliant blue. Loki lets go of his wrist and Clint holsters his pistol.

While Loki is mind controlling Clint, Fury helps you up and you follow his to the Tesseract. It is steaming with energy still. Fury places it in a case. He pulls you with him, trying to escape with you and the Tesseract.

"Please, don't. I still need that," Loki says, softly.

Fury turns to Loki, pulling you behind him. You peer over his shoulder. "This doesn't have to get any messier."

"Of course it does. I've come too far for anything else. I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose."

"Loki? Brother of Thor?" Selvig asks as he checks for a pulse on a NASA scientist.

"We have no quarrel with your people," Fury reminds Loki.

"An ant had no quarrel with a boot."

"You planning to step on us?"

"I come with glad tidings, of a world made free."

"Free from what?"

"Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart-" Loki pauses to mind control Selvig. "You will know peace."

"Just what Lenin said. But things didn't turn out so great," you say. You didn't mean to say it out loud. You have to admit that Loki's monologue sounded like communist propaganda. Loki makes eye contact with you. You can feel the maliciousness coming off of him.

"This 'Lenin,' he was but a mortal. I'm a god," Loki says in response to your communism shaming.

Clint glances at the ceiling and sees energy building. "Sir, Director Fury is stalling. This place is about to blow. Drop a hundred feet of rock on us. He means to bury us." Despite knowing Fury will make it out, and will most likely take you, you shudder, imagining stone after stone piling on top of you.

"Like the Pharaohs of old," Fury confirms.

"He's right. The portal is collapsing in on itself. You got maybe two minutes before this goes critical," Selvig adds.

"Well then." Loki looks to Barton, who rapidly shoots Fury.

"Fury!" you shout in concern, trying to act like you didn't know Clint would shoot him. You bend down next to Fury, hoping Loki will leave you be. You look for the entry wound, pretending to slowly begin to panic.

Clint comes to you and Fury, grabbing the case holding the Tesseract. You fearfully look toward him, holding your breath. He roughly pulls you up and locks his arm around your waist, pinning your arms to your sides. You fight against his grip as Clint drags you to Loki. "Fury says she's a psychic," Clint explains to Loki. "Never seen her do anything like that, but I just barely met her. She described a vision of hers earlier, and it perfectly predicted the future."

"A psychic, eh?" Loki says in amusement. You put all of your strength into resisting Clint's hold on you, but his grip is firm. You panic, trying to escape Loki's piercing stare. Of everyone you've met, Loki is the most likely to see you as you truly are: a scared girl with nothing special about her. "I suppose you could be useful."

Loki brings the scepter slowly to your chest. Your mind is racing in panic. Your last reliable brain cell speaks up though. Pull a Sean Spencer. Right before the tip of the scepter touches your chest, you start convulsing, thrashing your upper body, which is not pinned to Clint's body. You let your knees buckle. Loki pulls the scepter away, curious. Clint hands the case to Selvig just in time to stop your fall. You rack your brain for any information you can give.

"She's about to deliver a prophecy," Loki explains to Clint and Selvig, both very confused by your convulsing.

"She won't be alive to give it to us if we stay any longer," Selvig says.

"Very well." Loki gestures to those he'd mind controlled to follow him. Clint picks you up and you continue to thrash around, closing your eyes and murmuring. Clint clips something onto the collar of your shirt, a recording device.

"I-infinity...invasion...v-vengeance...iridium," you murmur, just loud enough for Loki to hear. You continue to thrash. If prophesying is gonna stop me from getting mind controlled, this'll be a long prophecy.

You hear Clint telling Hill he needs the trucks. He uses some garbage excuse that energy from the Tesseract screwed with your brain, putting you into a constant state of revelation, and that you need advanced health care.

"Stark...New York...Tesseract...scepter...," you murmur almost nonsensically. You hear Fury's voice. Clint hurriedly tosses you into the back seat of the truck and fires his gun at Hill. You convulse, thrashing against invisible bonds as Clint and Selvig sit up front. "Arc reactor...Phase 2...T-thor...Chi-chitauri?" You feel the truck hurriedly drive away, hear gun shots. "Asgard...mi-missile... initiative..." You feel the whiplash from Loki shooting energy at Fury's chopper. "Romanoff...Banner...monster...anger..."

When the truck is at a safe distance, Clint stops it. You continue your convulsions, terrified of what will happen when you stop. The door next to you opens and Rock of Ages is next to you. You assume it's because he'd be too obvious sitting in the truck bed. "Thanos...Stones...Earth...Rogers..."

"How long is her typical prophecy?" Loki asks.

"No clue, sir, I found out about her just before you arrived," Clint responded.

"Barton...Coulson...Selvig...Loki..."

"I'll wait patiently for you to finish,-"

"Y/n l/n," Selvig, says, filling in the gap in Loki's sentence.

You're about to say something relating to SHIELD when you scream in pain. You continue thrashing, but now out of pain, not your fake prophecy. Everything hurts. Your head is pounding. You bring your hands to your head and hold them there. You scream again in agony. You faintly hear voices talking about you in concern, but it feels distant. Something runs down your face, but you can't tell if it's sweat or tears.

The last time your head hurt like this is two years ago, when you were watching Infinity War after you had found the Apparatus.

You feel two hands lift your head, you don't think they're yours. Must be Loki's. "This should relieve the pain." Suddenly, the pain is gone, but your body still convulses uncontrollably. Tears and sweat cover your face and make your hair sticky. You can't clearly see anything. Your vision darkens, and the convulsions stop as you fall unconscious.

A/N
Sorry it's late, but OH MY GOSH THIS CHAPTER IS PACKED. Next update on the 19th. Hope y'all enjoyed this!
💚 Michelle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 1.4K 27
The cold water dripped inside on my cell, as the droplets hit my bare back, I could only shudder from the feel. I knew he would be back any given min...
The Rescue By J

Fanfiction

165K 6.1K 30
"𝗪𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽, (𝗬/𝗻)." this man said with full of hope in his voice. "𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗸𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘃...
215K 5.6K 26
You were abducted from the playground of your school after you ran away from your temporary home. The foster parents you had abused you mentally and...
442K 13.8K 45
Bucky Barnes had found refuge on a small farm in Montana two years ago. It was there that the Winter Soldier seemed to disappear from his mind and B...