Spots (mxm)

By TheoryKierei

Book one of the Shifter Series. Arron had been asking his father if they could move for the better half of hi... More

Chapter 1: Spots
Chapter 2: Whiskers and Claws
Chapter 3: When Bathing a Cat, Don't.
Chapter 4: Tough Skin
Chapter 5: It's Always a Trap
Chapter 6: Cubs
Chapter 7: Vet
Chapter 8: Teeth
Chapter 9: Explanation
Chapter 10: Fixing the Problem?
Chapter 11: Spots and Tusks
Chapter 12: Problematic Paws
Chapter 13: Fur and Skin
Chapter 14: Cake and Frosting
Chapter 15: Can We Be Friends?
Chapter 16: Other Fun Things
Chapter 17: Gifts
Chapter 18: Birthday Date
Chapter 19: Unfriendly Reunion
Chapter 20: Something to Laugh About
Chapter 21: Larro
Chapter 22: A Phone Call
Chapter 23: Father Figure
Chapter 24: A Fun Day Out
Chapter 25: Forgiveness
Chapter 26: Leaving
Chapter 27: Wake Up Call
Chapter 28: Why Care
Chapter 29: You Lose Some
Chapter 30: A Little Leeway
Chapter 32: Spoiled Paws
Chapter 33: A Little Control
Chapter 34: Testing the Waters
Chapter 35: Oh Boy
Chapter 36: Earning a Place
Chapter 37: Taming the Lion
Chapter 38: Epi-A Wild Family

Chapter 31: Pull it Together

34.2K 1.8K 298
By TheoryKierei

(These chapters are in a specific order as this book has been complete for many years and that detail of it will never change. Please stop asking for different orders. It is not going to happen and is not possible without rewriting the entire story. Wait for the book to be over soon if you want to read just specific parts.)

"Arron!"

Rylan bristled when the guy ignored him as he quickly paced down the hall toward his first period class. I get that I wasn't the nicest guy, but at least acknowledge me... I missed you. When Arron turned, Rylan motioned for him to come back, but Arron quickly shook his head as the bell began to ring. When he ran off a second later, Rylan growled quietly in frustration. After shoving away the girl who was currently hanging onto his arm like a hungry jackal, he quickly stomped after him. His lion was pacing right beneath his skin, unhappy about being ignored, school bell or not.

When he stepped into their first period class he noticed Arron collecting homework from the teacher that he'd done for him, a confused look on his face. Arron clearly felt his eyes on him as the teacher pointed out a few parts that he had gotten wrong, since Rylan couldn't have matched their sheets up one hundred percent or he'd risk getting caught doing Arron's work, because he glanced sideways at him a few times.

Slightly satisfied, Rylan took his seat, quietly waiting for Arron to finish with the teacher. When they were done talking, he motioned Arron toward him with a finger. This time, the guy came over to him right away.

"Why didn't you come when I called to you in the hallway?" He asked, trying to keep his voice friendly while his lion was still frustrated.

Arron looked down at that, his face turning the faintest bit pink.

Grabbing his waist, Rylan tried to pull him into his lap, but the guy quickly squirmed away and dropped down into the empty seat beside him.

"Everyone, calm down please it's time to start class." The teacher said loudly before Rylan could try to get Arron again.

After class. He told his lion. It would be pacing during the entire lecture, but thankfully it was just a review day.

He waited for Arron to pack up his notebook and pencil once the teacher had finished lecturing before tossing his backpack over his shoulder with his own, then adding him to them. They got some stares for it, but that was the point. 

He carried him up several flights of stairs to the roof and locked the door behind himself before setting Arron on his feet.

"So, where were you this past week?" Rylan asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm sorry I disappeared, someone kidnapped me." Arron said, barely able to meet his eyes. His lion must have been showing through them.

That's what his mother had told him and his father, but he wanted to hear the real story, and he also wanted to know who the hell the guy was that had dropped him off.

"Who was that guy last night?" He asked, unable to keep the words from leaving his mouth.

The smile that instantly flooded Arron's face had Rylan's lion grumbling to be set free. It wanted that smile for itself.

"He saved me from the man who had kidnapped me. His name is Larro." He said, nearly beaming at the memory of the guy.

"Uh, Rylan?" Arron said after he didn't reply for a bit.

Crap, didn't realize I was letting my mane come out. Calm down.

"I don't like the idea of you being around him." He finally growled out, though he knew that it was illogical to say. Larro, as far as he knew, hadn't done anything but help Arron, yet he still didn't like him.

"Not going to happen." Arron replied with a hesitant growl of his own.

Rylan's lion was not pleased with his immediate disagreement. It was used to getting what it wanted and Rylan was having trouble holding it back.

"What did you just say?" He asked, even though he knew better than to bait his animal further.

Arron narrowed his eyes and squared his shoulders. "I will not stay away from him. He's a really nice guy and he helped me a lot."

Almost before he could get his clothing off, Rylan's lion was breaking free from his control. It had Arron pinned beneath its giant paws within seconds. The kid whimpered a little but Rylan felt that the scared emotion was more from his kitten than himself, which was surprising.

Dammit, give me control back, you oaf! You're going to hurt him.

It took him a minute to reign in his beast enough to allow his body to return to being human again. After another few moments of quiet panting, Rylan got up and got himself dressed, then knelt down next to Arron and reached out a hand.

"Hey kid, look at me." He said quietly, worried that his shift had scared him a bit too much. He really hadn't meant to let it out.

When Arron glared at his proffered hand, Rylan hesitantly withdrew it.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to do that, I just got upset and my lion took over." He said.

He was just about to reach forward again in the hopes that Arron might not be too upset with him when he heard his name being yelled.

Damn elephant. Didn't even hear him break the lock on the door.

"I wasn't doing anything." Rylan growled as he stood up, turning in the process.

Thankfully, he saw Erin wing-up his fist just fast enough to dodge to the side and escape the promise of a nasty punch. When he brought his own fists up for defense, Rylan sucked in a surprised breath and took several steps backward. Erin's elephant was now staring him down, and he certainly didn't want to try fighting it.

"I really wasn't going to do anything. My lion just lost control for a few seconds. I dealt with it." He said, trying to calm the giant animal down. He knew that he couldn't fight it, but he also knew that an elephant on the roof wasn't going to end well. It was a miracle that there wasn't any damage yet.

Erin snorted and swung his trunk from side to side as he took a slow step toward Arron, but kept his head turned toward him.

Rylan took another step backward as he glanced sideways at Arron. The guy was already up on his feet, brushing off a bit of dust on his clothing.

"Arron, you need to tell him that you're fine. He can't walk around up here in that form." Rylan said, glancing sideways again for just a moment.

He looked a little shocked from the whole situation in general, but when Arron finally opened his mouth to speak, his form shifted and he was left mewing in a stack of crumpled clothing.

Your shift has horrible timing!

Thankfully, Arron's kitten seemed to still realize that it needed to do something to deescalate the situation because it climbed out of his clothing and bounded over to Erin's elephant. When he stopped at Erin's feet and mewed up at him, Rylan felt his lion nudge his senses.

Not a chance. Just stay the heck back. You've already caused enough of a problem. He told it as he watched Arron paw at the elephant's giant left leg. It only took another minute or so before Erin's shift finally relented and he was back in his human form.

Not wanting to see the guy naked, and definitely not wanting Arron to see him, Rylan walked over to the guy's backpack that had fallen from his shoulders and threw it at him. Erin easily caught it with little effort, then unzipped it and tugged on a pair of pants and a loose shirt before picking up the kitten at his feet.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I lost control for a minute." He said as he slid his feet into each of his shoes that had fallen off right before he'd shifted.

When Arron nodded, Rylan crossed his arms over his chest and scowled. "I told you that I didn't do anything to him. We were just talking."

Erin glared over at him, but then set Arron down and pursed his lips in thought. "Are you sure that you two are fine? I can take you to class if you want me to." He said, the offer making Rylan want to show his teeth.

When Arron mewed and nodded a second time, then slowly walked over him, Rylan smirked. Erin returned it with a middle finger before swinging his backpack over his shoulder and walking toward the door. He stopped before he opened it, though, and looked over his shoulder.

"I better not catch you bullying him or I'm going to hurt you a hundred times worse. Have fun soon, by the way."

With those confusing, sweet words, he was gone, and Rylan's lion was ready to have a fit. Instead of trying to start anything he knew would only finish himself, he leaned down and picked up his and Arron's backpacks, then swung them over his left shoulder. With his other hand he easily lifted the guy's kitten form and tucked it under his arms to carry down the stairs.

When his phone started vibrating in his back pocket after only taking a few steps down the first flight, Rylan grumbled and set their bags down, then fished his phone out and frowned at the caller I.D..

Oh crap.

Knowing that something was up since his father was calling him while he was at school, Rylan sighed and accepted the call, lifting the phone to his ear.

"Hey dad?" He said, confusion in his voice as he sat down on a step with Arron still tucked in his free arm.

"Home, now." Jordan said, making him wince.

"Yes, sir." He replied right away, not wanting to make whatever was wrong, worse.

Arron's mind was still a bit crazy from everything that had happened as he sat in Rylan's passenger seat. He wasn't sure why Rylan was bringing him home, but he couldn't exactly ask, either. When they pulled up to his house Rylan grabbed him to tuck back under his arm, then tossed their bags over his shoulder before walking up to the door.

Said door didn't remain closed for long. It was yanked open abruptly and Rylan was snatched up by the collar of his shirt, making him drop Arron along with their backpacks before he was yanked inside. Jordan looked absolutely furious as he shoved Rylan against the wall and growled in his face.

"Don't you dare mess with Arron that way again. He does not belong to you!"

Arron followed them inside carefully, making sure to stay a good distance away as he watched the show. He kind of liked seeing Rylan get chewed out for having tried to intimidate him. Erin must have called his father before he'd intervened.

Not too happy that I'm the main topic here, though.

"That bastard of an elephant mated him!" Rylan yelled back, though the volume of his voice paled in comparison to his father's roar.

He was struggling to get out of his father's grasp but the older lion easily held him where he was.

Glad I never made Jordan mad.

"Rylan, you cannot apply pride rules to a different species." Jordan continued.

"But he's a cat! It's close enough!"

"No! It isn't!" Jordan roared back.

They both stared at each other, growling for nearly a minute before Jordan finally forced himself to calm down.

"Rylan... I know that you were worried when he disappeared and now that he's back you're overwhelmed, but you can't just force him to do what you want. It doesn't work that way with some lions and it certainly doesn't work that way with cheetahs."

Arron actually kind of knew where Jordan was coming from with that bit of information. Most female lions loved the dominating personality that both males obviously had, but cheetahs were definitely not interested in aggressive situations, even for breeding purposes.

Speaking of aggressive situations, Arron found himself beginning to back out the door when someone walked up behind him and scooped him up into his arms for a strong hug.

"Hey there, you adorable kitten!"

Not the best timing, Terran.

As he was carried back inside, he noticed Rylan's eyes glaring daggers at his older brother, but Jordan was quick to jerk his shirt collar and snap his attention back to him. That's when Arron noticed that he was wearing a full suit.

Had he come home from work because of the call?

"Go get the chicken in the kitchen cut up for dinner. That should work off some of that extra energy. And if it doesn't, I want to see two hundred push ups afterward, and if I have to come home early from work again just to deal with my bullying son, you'll lose your car for another week."

Rylan growled and began stalking toward the kitchen, but then abruptly stopped and turned on his dad.

"Wait, another week?" He asked, his voice disbelieving.

Jordan smirked and jingled Rylan's keys in his hand. Arron hadn't even seen him take them.

"Get busy with dinner, son."

Tayn awoke with his bedroom door wide open, which was extremely scary considering who he lived with. The first thing he did when he noticed that was look around the room, specifically on the big bed he was lying in... without a shirt?

What the hell happened?

As he thought back to what had gone on the previous night, he heard a light knock near the door and snapped his head toward the sound.

Pask.

Instinctively, Tayn yanked the blanket up over most of his body and glared at him so that he would walk away. Instead of getting the hint, Pascal just raised a brow and leaned against the doorjamb.

"You have that fancy collar on now, remember? Larro got it for you yesterday and it stops your pheromones from making me horny. I'm not going to jump your bones. Just came to let you know that breakfast will be ready in a few." Pask said before giving Tayn a slight grin and walking off.

What the heck just happened?

Tayn waited five minutes before hesitantly climbing out of the bed and peeking around the corner to look toward the living room and kitchen.

He isn't there.

He honestly expected Pask to be waiting to jump him. Since he wasn't, though, Tayn ducked back into the bedroom and opened up the bag he had left there yesterday. Tugging on a shirt, he sauntered out of the room and basically followed his nose right into the kitchen.

Bacon.

Larro's snicker snapped him out of his daze, aided by the feeling of a piece of bacon poking against his lips. He snapped it up with an excited cackle, his hyena slipping out a bit from the happiness. Larro chuckled at his expression and handed him two plates.

"Go give one to Pascal." He said as he rustled Tayn's hair.

He was quite hesitant to get close to Pask, but the guy seemed pretty relaxed when he walked out of the kitchen and saw him in the living room watching replays from the game they had watched the previous night.

"Hey..."

Pask glanced up at the sound of his voice and Tayn nearly stepped back out of habit. When he just smiled and took the plate, however, Tayn let his shoulders relax a little.

"Thanks." Pask said before his attention went right back to the TV as he began to eat.

I'm so confused. He's always been a horny pervert around me. Is the collar Larro gave me really that good?

Since Larro was now sitting on the second sofa, Tayn figured that he could maybe test how well the collar actually worked so that he would have a new limit established that he knew to be careful of. He plopped down next to Pask, a place he hadn't dared to sit more than a couple times since he had met him. He could feel both of their eyes on him for a moment, but when he just began eating and watching the replays they both returned their attention to the TV.

Larro? How did your call with Arron go this morning? He thought to the man after a minute.

He remembered that he had mentioned it the previous night during the game.

The kid fell asleep after a minute, but it was nice to speak with him.

Glancing over at him, Tayn noticed that he was pouting a little. He'd also mentioned that Arron's mother knew who he was, and more importantly, what he had done, so she had told him to stay away from her kid. Tayn guessed that he could have gotten a much worse reception, but she probably was at least thankful to him for bringing Arron back.

I'm sure he'll be calling again. He really liked you. He said reassuringly.

Tayn felt happiness flood through their bond as Larro's reply, then smiled and turned back to his food.

It was surprising that Tayn was actually testing his restraint so soon. If Larro wouldn't smack him for grabbing the guy, he would already have been in his lap. Of course, Pask wasn't crazy for him now that he had that collar on, but that didn't mean that he didn't really want him. He could just control his libido better.

The game clips were beginning to wind down and after sitting all morning he felt like a good run was in order. Standing up, he stretched, then headed toward his room. "Gonna go run for a bit."

He returned to the living room a minute later in his basketball shorts and running shoes. Right as he was about to get up from tying his shoes he noticed someone kneel down beside him in a similar get-up and looked sideways to see Tayn.

He's never come running with me.

When Tayn noticed him looking he got that familiar glare, but Pask just smiled and headed outside. Tayn was surprisingly fast and easily kept up with him as they put miles behind them. The weather was nice, even though it was drizzling lightly. Neither of them minded and it actually felt nice as it cooled their skin. They were just about to round a corner when Pascal heard a surprised gasp and then a thud. He skidded to a halt and spun around to see Tayn on the ground.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, hurrying over.

Tayn started getting up right away, but dropped again when he started putting weight on his left foot.

Probably twisted it badly.

"Let me help." Pascal said, reaching out as he spoke, but Tayn quickly growled a warning.

Kneeling down next to him, Pask turned, offering him his back. "Come on. You're not gonna limp home and it's frowned upon to shift to a carnivore for long in public. I swear I won't do anything, but we need get you home and put ice on that ankle."

When he looked over his shoulder Pask knew that Tayn was considering his words carefully. He couldn't blame him. He was a horny bastard that hadn't exactly given him much reason to trust him.

After a few tense moments Tayn sighed and carefully moved forward until he was able to wrap his arms around Pascal's neck. He seemed to struggle to get quite high enough, so Pask very carefully hefted him up a bit more, relieved when he didn't get a growl for the action. It was really hard to behave when the guy's legs were in his hands, his chest pressed firmly against his back, but he somehow managed it.

When Tayn breathed out quietly and rested his head against Paskal's shoulder he felt like he was going to go crazy.

I really want to do him so damn badly. This is torture. 

He was being so cute and finally touching him, though not exactly in the specific place he would love him to, but he would gladly take whatever the hell he could get. Pask glanced over his shoulder slightly when he felt him rest his head there. Why is he so adorable? His hair was still a complete mess from waking up and just tossing on clothing to run, so he looked even cuter since his short mohawk was like a spiky thorn bush.

He really wanted to jog slower so that he could have more time with Tayn, but he knew that doing so would be totally unacceptable. The guy was hurt and needed ice as soon as possible. Pask picked up speed to get them home, making it about an hour later. The second they got inside he had Tayn up on the counter with his shoe off.

"Wait a second, I'll get the ice." He said quickly.

It was obvious that Tayn was about to argue, but Pascal grabbed a Ziploc bag and quickly filled it with ice from the dispenser in the fridge. Setting that on the counter, he ran to his room and returned a moment later with some ankle wrap bandages.

"Now just hold still..." He mumbled as he slipped off Tayn's sock. He wrapped up the ankle carefully, then wrapped it again with the ice bag, making sure that there were enough layers so that it didn't get too cold. Perfect. Once that was done, he carefully lifted Tayn down to his feet with a satisfied smile.

"There you go. Now then, to the couch."

Figuring that he wouldn't want to hop the whole way, nor be carried again, Pask tossed his right arm over his shoulder and walked him over. For the next several hours he doted on Tayn, getting him whatever he needed and even cooking him a big lunch of cheeseburgers, with pickles on the side since he liked to nibble them instead of eat them on the sandwich from what he'd noticed, and baked potato wedges. Since Larro seemed to have vanished to do his own thing, they just sat and relaxed after he was done cooking, enjoying the food and television. And he was definitely enjoying the adorable guy that was finally letting him nudge his way through his defenses slowly. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.9K 1.8K 58
Tilyer is just an ordinary teenage guy, a loser at his school who many don't like. All it took was one fight, one fight to change his life forever an...
765 19 20
The dragons have come and gone since the Pliocene epoch when Wooly Mammoths roamed with humans during the ice age. For many of the I and E generation...
28.8K 961 59
I grab his hand and take a deep breath. "Thank you for making me feel happy and alive again. I don't know what I would've done if I hadn't met you." ...
167K 7.2K 14
^Completed with minor editing^ When Soralyn Walker moves to a new home to escape a stalker that knows just a little bit too much about her life, she...