SINCE NINE Book 2: Reunited

By infinityh16

Matapos nakawin ni Ramcel ang first kiss ni Victoria, hindi na nagkita pa ang dalawa. To Victoria's disappoin... More

SINCE NINE BOOK 2
The Wife
Spring
Ramcel
Sakuras
The Deal
Blue Iris
Since Nine
Happy Place
Champagne
Cheese Monster
Thanksgiving
The Proposal
No Measurement
Back Home
Surprise
Opportunity
Gastronomer
Trust & Faith
Asian Tour & Armando
Welcomed
Campaign
Hector
Brigada
Awkward
Reena
Evasion
Garden
Shattered

Sinful

4.7K 243 77
By infinityh16

CHAPTER 5

“Umamin ka nga, Vi.” Kalalabas lang nya sa kitchen ng Bistro at dala-dala ang Lobster roll na ginawa nya para kay Ramcel nang harangin sya ni Irene. “Are you in love with your bestfriend?” Nakapameywang ito at determinado itong makuha ang sagot nya.

“What are you talking about?! Of course not!” Victoria said. She tried to get past Irene but her friend didn’t let her. “The answer is no, Irene. Bakit mo ba binibigyan ng kahulugan ang friendship namin?”

Irene just shrugged but Victoria could tell she didn’t believe her. “So you won’t feel jealous if you see that someone very attractive joined her table?”

What? Someone attractive? Are you flirting, Ramcel? Irene laughed when Victoria took a deep breath. She knew her well enough to detect she’s suddenly upset.

“You are not jealous at all, are you?” Natatawang tukso ni Irene. Inirapan nya ito saka nilagpasan.

Bakit naman sya magseselos? Bestfriend lang nya si Ramcel. Wala naman sila nitong relasyon. Oo, naiinis sya. Pero dahil hindi tumutupad si Ramcel sa usapan nilang “no flirting”. She’s just concerned. Usong-uso ang AIDS. Hindi nya gugustuhin magkasakit ang kaibigan nya. Yun lang naman yun.

“Really?” Tudyo ng isip nya. She’d been turning down Luke’s invitation ever since their “snuggle moment” on the sofa. In fact, they’ve been snuggling a lot. That’s normal right? They used to hug each other when they were young. Holding each other’s hands was natural for them.

Fine! She was a little jealous when she saw Ramcel’s attractive friend, Olivia. Masayang nagtatawanan ang dalawa nang makalapit sya sa mga ito. She placed the Lobster Roll infront of Ramcel, who flashed her a dazzling smile, which immediately banished her jealousy. Damn, that smile!

“Hi Victoria! It’s great to finally meet you!” Olivia’s gorgeous face lit up when they shook hands. Victoria felt a little guilty because she could see that Olivia was genuinely happy to meet her. “I heard a lot about you from Rayanne. She wasn’t lying when she said you are beautiful.”

Kita ni Victoria na sincere ito sa sinasabi pero hindi nya mapigilang mainis rito nang hawakan ni Ramcel ang kamay ni Olivia.

“Liv!” Ramcel seemed to be warning Olivia, who grinned mischievously.

“Relax, Rayanne. Hindi kita ibubuking,” biro nito kay Ramcel, na sinamaan ito ng tingin. Nagvibrate ang cellphone nitong nakapatong sa mesa. Binasa ni Olivia ang message at gumuhit ang panghihinayang sa mukha nito. “I would love to stay and talk to you, Victoria, but I have to go. I’ll drop by some other time instead.” She’s very apologetic. “I have a meeting at Studio 11. Dumaan lang ako to see Rayanne and to meet you.”

“It was nice meeting you, Olivia.”
They shook hands again then Olivia left.

“Meeting? At this hour?” Victoria commented because it’s already 10PM. She sat across from Ramcel.

“Duty calls.” Ramcel took a large bite on her roll. “This is delicious.”

“Thanks.” It’s always been pleasurable for Victoria watching Ramcel eat. “That’s not on the menu by the way.” It’s made of lobster meat served on a grilled hotdog style bun.

“You should include it.” Ramcel sipped on her mango shake.

“Are you going to wait for me?” Victoria will be out in an hour.

“Of course.”

Since Ramcel’s class won’t start until the summer, she’d only stay in her apartment almost the whole day writing or reading scripts. Pupunta lang ito sa Studio 11 paminsan-minsan pag may meeting or if there was something urgent. Madalas itong kumain ng late dinner sa Bistro para hintayin ang out ni Victoria. Wala ng masyadong crowd after dinner kaya ayos lang kahit tumambay ito doon ng ilang oras.

Sanay nang makita ng mga staff and crew si Ramcel. Hinahanap pa ng mga ito minsan kay Victoria kapag may mga araw na wala ito.

Naging masigla ang bawat araw ni Victoria mula nang dumating si Ramcel. Kahit busy sya sa trabaho, they both made sure to see each other everyday. Magkalapit lang ang bahay nila kaya lagi nilang pinupuntahan ang isa’t-isa. Ramcel would join them during breakfast before Victoria and her mother go to work. Sinusundo din sya nito every night. During the weekends, they’d jog around Central Park.

Aside from baking, Victoria cooked for Ramcel on Saturday nights. Madalas din syang matulog sa apartment nito. Kahit dalawa ang kwarto, mas gusto ni Victoria na matulog sa tabi ni Ramcel. Despite the very fast paced lifestyle in the City that Never Sleeps, Victoria found tranquility whenever she’s with her bestfriend.

When she walked in the middle of the hurrying crowd, everything seemed to be in slow motion whenever she held hands with Ramcel. She was like her sturdy anchor that kept her from being swept away by raging waves.

“I’m sure there a lot of good schools in California and Olivia is there too, but why New York?” Victoria asked. It’s  Saturday and they were having their usual evening stroll along the street where they lived. Even if it was the Spring season, it could still get cold at night but holding Ramcel’s hand was enough to warm her.

“Why not?” Ramcel said smiling.

Sometimes Victoria couldn’t help thinking, she was the reason why Ramcel chose New York. And she’s secretly thrilled by it.

“Siguro hindi mo lang maamin na ako ang dahilan kung bakit nandito ka,” pang-aasar nya rito.

Huminto si Ramcel at sumeryosong tumingin sa kanya. “Paano kung sabihin kong ikaw nga ang dahilan? Na mahal pa rin kita kaya kita sinundan dito?” Natahimik si Victoria. Lumakas ang tibok ng puso nya. Nagbibiro lang ba ito? “Vi, I’m just kidding. Don’t take me too seriously. Matagal ko ng pangarap mag-aral sa New York Film Academy. That’s why I’m here.”

“Puro ka talaga kalokohan.” Marahang hinampas ni Victoria sa braso si Ramcel. She was secretly saddened though.

“Your friendship is more important to me. Hindi ko sisirain yun,” maya-maya’y sabi ni Ramcel habang patuloy sila sa paglalakad.

Victoria mentally scolded herself for feeling disappointed. Paano kung mahal pa sya ni Ramcel? Anong gagawin nya? “Would you reciprocate her feelings?” Her mind asked. She didn’t need to ponder on that because Ramcel seemed to have moved on. Hindi na sya nito mahal. That made her gloomy even more.

“Have you been in a serious relationship before?” Victoria asked.

“Nope.”

“Puro ka lang fling?”

Ramcel nodded. “Wala rin kasi akong oras, Vi. I was busy in school. My schedule was hectic and I wanted to focus. I wanted to be an excellent writer and director. There came a time when I even questioned myself if that was what I really wanted. So, I didn’t have time to get into a relationship.”

“Baka hindi mo pa nakikilala ang magpapatibok ng puso mo kaya ganun,” komento nya. They stopped infront of a food truck that sells delicious hotdog sandwich.

“Siguro. O baka wala na akong puso,” birong sabi nito. They ordered hotdog sandwiches, fries and sodas.

“I don’t believe that. If you don’t have a heart, you couldn’t have written those beautiful stories you wrote. You wouldn’t have won the Best Director award in Tokyo.”

“Eh ikaw? May naging serious relationship ka na ba? Bakit wala kang boyfriend? Sa ganda mong yan, I’m sure maraming nagkakagusto sayo.”

Buti na lang medyo madilim sa kinatatayuan nila kaya hindi nito nakitang nagblush sya. Titig na titig kasi sa mukha nya si Ramcel.

“I dated a lot during college but nothing serious. I guess, I was also focused on my studies. I was so pressured to excel. Hindi naman ako pine-pressure nina Mama at Tito Alfred pero dahil kontra sa amin ang mga kamag-anak nila, kailangan kong patunayan sa kanila na hindi sayang ang pagpapa-aral sakin. Even when I started working for their company, I had to show them that I was good at what I do. Nang mamatay si Tito Alfred, itinaboy kami ng Mama ko. Hindi na kami naghabol nang kahit ano dahil hindi namin kailangan ang kayamanan nila. We have to show them we can stand on our own.”

Victoria felt Ramcel pulled her gently and wrapped her on a warm embrace. “You don’t have to prove yourself to me. From the moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew right then that you are a wonderful person.” Tinitigan sya nito sa mga mata. “Hindi mo kailangang patunayan ang sarili mo sa iba.  If they can’t see your worth, then they don’t deserve you.” Ramcel cupped her face. “You are so beautiful, Victoria. Beautiful enough to blow anyone’s mind. Never think that you are anything less.”

Ramcel’s words were so intense and it made Victoria’s heart pound so hard. Noon pa man, alam na nyang wala syang dapat patunayan pagdating kay Ramcel. When she first met her, Victoria felt she’s so valuable in Ramcel’s eyes. Pakiramdam nya, si Ramcel lang ang nakakakita ng buong pagkatao nya.

“Just kiss already.” Naputol ang titigan nila nang may nang-aasar na sumigaw sa kanila. Natawa na lamang sila pareho. Kanina pa pala sila pinapanood ng mga tao sa paligid ng food truck. Naglakad na sila palayo nang makuha ang order.

Dumiretso na lang sila sa apartment ni Ramcel at doon kumain habang nanonood ng Charmed rerun. But Victoria couldn’t salivate over Cole like she used to because she’s distracted with Ramcel, who was unconciously caressing her bare legs while talking to Olivia on her Motorola phone. Nakaupo ito sa mahabang sofa, habang nakahiga naman si Victoria at kumportableng ipinatong ang legs sa kandungan nito.

Kanina pa may kiliting dumadaloy sa katawan ni Victoria sa ginagawa ni Ramcel, na noo’y seryosong nakikipag-usap sa cellphone. Olivia was back in California to resume her MBA class. They were talking about Olivia’s broken hearted sister.

Vi wasn’t sure if she’s too comfortable with Ramcel or she liked her gentle caress that’s why she couldn’t bring herself to stop her. Maybe both. Victoria could no longer understand Phoebe and Piper’s banter because she was suddenly turned on. She bit her lower lip when felt there’s fire slowly rising inside her. 

Victoria didn’t see how the Halliwell sisters vanquished the demon because she abruptly left Ramcel and went to open the fridge in the dining then drank cold water. Naubos nya ang agad ang isang baso, nagsasalin sya ng pangalawa nang lapitan sya ni Ramcel.

“Are you okay?” Nag-aalalang tanong ni Ramcel. Hahawakan na sana nito ang noo nya pero umatras sya.

“Don’t touch me!” She said a little sternly. Confusion registered on Ramcel’s face. She couldn’t let Ramcel touch her. She might not be able to stop herself. Stop herself from what? Victoria wondered. “Just don’t touch me.” The cold water didn’t help extinguish her desire especially when she saw Ramcel’s black button down had been unbutton dangerously low, that she could see her sexy cleavage.

“What’s wrong?” Lalong naging evident ang pag-aalala ni Ramcel kaya humakbang ito palapit sa kanya.

“Your shirt is wrong!”

Napahinto ito. “Huh? What’s wrong with my shirt?” Sinipat naman nito ang suot.

“Its…its…very sinful!”

Ramcel was flabbergasted. Marahil iniisip nitong nababaliw na sya. Maybe she was really going crazy. Kung anu-ano na ang sinasabi nya.
“I have to go…” Agad na kinuha ni Victoria ang bag saka akmang lalabas ng apartment nang pigilan sya ni Ramcel.

“Akala ko ba dito ka matutulog?” Takang-tanong nito.

“I forgot. I have to do…something.” Wala syang maisip idahilan pero kailangan nyang makalabas ng apartment nito. “In fact, I will be very busy in the next few days so I can’t see you. Huwag mo na akong sunduin. Huwag mo na akong puntahan sa Bistro. Mas mabuti pang huwag muna tayong magkita.”

Tinitigan sya nito kung seryoso ba sya sa mga sinasabi nya. Iniwas nya ang mga mata rito. She prohibited herself from meeting those beautiful grayish eyes.

“At least let me take you home,” Ramcel offered. She could detect sadness on her voice but Victoria ignored it.

“No thanks.” She tried injecting coldness in her tone. Without any backward glance, Victoria opened the door and let herself out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 94.7K 63
[PROFESSOR SERIES I] Khione Amora Avila is a transferee student at Wesbech University who aimed to have a fresh start. She only had one goal in life...
309K 11.9K 54
My charming eldest brother. My wise brother. My fortunate sibling. Most importantly, he is our parents' favorite. What exactly am I? Of course, I...
219K 10.9K 32
Si Jazelle ay bagong hire na writer sa isang international publishing company. Nang mapabilang siya sa isang importanteng project ay kailangan niyang...
90.9K 3.8K 51
Mayaman at kinikilala ang nakagisnang buhay ni Hail Suarez, isa siyang sikat na pintor at hinahangaan ang kaniyang mga obra. Lahat ay nagbago nang ma...