Perfect life? Perhaps not

By BarbyL1

Kayla is a young female who lives in a small town of Slovenia. Sasha is a young foreigner who loves Kayla and... More

20 years ago
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
The final (20th) chapter

Chapter 11

1 0 0
By BarbyL1

Kayla knocks on the door and when she hears "Enter!" she enters.

"Hello Mr. Santos."

"Hello Kayla. And didn't I tell you to call me Alex or Alejandro?"

"Sorry Alejandro."

"It's ok. Come please sit." he says and points at the chair. "How can I help you?"

"I just wanted to know why you are checking George Anderson's financial records."

"How do you know that?"

"I saw the financial statement for Anderson Global. I know he is in debt. I heard him tell Natalie about it."

"His only debt is with me because I bought the others."

"It still doesn't make sense. Why did he start borrowing money when he saw he won't be able to pay it back? I also saw that the bank account of the corporation is empty."

"This is why he started borrowing money. So that his family wouldn't notice. Do you know how to read the financial statement?"

"Yes, I am an economist by education."

"Why didn't I know that?"

"Because I don't think David knows that so he couldn't tell you. Anyway what are your plans with George's debt?

"I hope you aren't planning on paying his debt. I was planning to make him pay for Bella's crash. But I don't know how to do it now that you two are married."

"I might have a solution. You strike him where it most hurts him, his reputation."

"How do you plan on doing it?"

"We could out his financial statement and we could force him to close the company."

"You are pure evil Kay..." says Alejandro but he is interrupted by David barging into his office.

"Father, I have important news." in that moment he sees Kayla "Kayla?"

"I can wait outside if you want, Alejandro." says Kayla.

"No. You have to hear this too. I was just surprised to see you here." says David and takes a second to start. "Sasha Avelli Cordon just called me. He told me that his father Vasilij died last night and he also told me that he sent us an email of when the funeral is."

"Oh god. Poor Adam. How did this happen?" says Kayla.

"I don't know. He only told me this news."

"I am going to the funeral since he was my friend." says Alejandro.

"I am going too. Vasilij was always nice to me." says Kayla.

"I am also going. Now let's see what kind of email we got." says David.

"I am checking my email now." Alejandro says and checks his email. "I found it. It says:

Dear family Santos,

with all the sadness in our hearts we inform you that our beloved father died. We would be honored if you would come to his funeral that will be in three days in Moscow, Russia.

Adam and Sasha"

After reading this Alejandro calls Jenny and tells her to get the jet ready for the next day at six in the morning and to reserve rooms in the best hotel in Moscow. Then he hangs up.

"So this is settled. Tomorrow at six we are flying to Russia." says Alejandro.

"Well if you don't mind I would like to go home now since I have to pack. We will continue our conversation after the funeral, OK?" says Kayla.

"Deal." says Alejandro.

After that Kayla leaves Alejandro's office. When she comes to her car David comes to her and says "Can I ride with you? We need to talk."

"Sure thing. And I need to talk to you too." says Kayla.

She gives David her keys and sits in the passenger's sit. David gets in the car and drives off to their apartment. When they get there they go to David's office and sit down on the sofa.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" asks David.

"You first." says Kayla.

"Ok. I wanted to know why you were in my father's office today."

"I went to talk to him about George's financial statement that I found."

"When did you find it and where?"

"Look, I opened the book I am reading at the moment and it fell out. I also saw the writing in the back which told me something was off. But I talked to Alejandro and I helped him on something."

"Ok. I understand. But why do you want to help us destroy your father? What about Natalie and Chris?"

"I know Natalie has her own business so she is saved. Chris on the other hand works for some media company and studies. And about why I want to participate, he turned my life around. I started hating him when I figured out that he was trying to sell me to someone. So yes I will help Alejandro to destroy him."

"Alright. Now that this is cleared please tell me what you wanted to talk to me about."

"Ok. Look this is not easy to tell you. I think that the story is repeating. But with the difference that I got pregnant before I got married."

"Wait what?"

"I am pregnant with Sasha's baby."

"Crap. This isn't good. Are you planning on telling him?

"Not really. I know this is a lot to take in. You decide how our lives will continue. I just need to tell you that I am keeping the baby."

"Well of course you are. I will take care of her or him as if he was my own. And we are not telling anyone about the true origin of the baby. Father might have some problems with believing it is mine but we will say that we slept together. Deal?"

"Deal. But what about Rafael? He won't be happy to hear this."

"I know but we will have to tell him."

"Actually I think it is better if I tell him alone."

As if he knew they were speaking about him Rafael knocks and comes into the office.

"Hey David. You got a call from Sasha Avelli. He said he needed to talk to you."

"He got to talk to me already." says David.

"Rafa I need to talk to you. David would you mind leaving us alone for five minutes?"

"Take your time." says David and leaves the room.

"What's up Kayla?"

"This is hard for me to tell you but first I need to tell you that this will not affect your relationship with David."

"Ok?"

"So you know that before meeting David in New York I had a boyfriend. Well today I found out I am pregnant. David agreed to be its' father. Just so you know."

"Thank you for telling me. I am happy for you. I just hope this won't affect my relationship with David and my friendship with you."

"It won't. I don't want anything to change between the three of us. Anyway has Mr. Avelli told you why he needed David?"

"Not really."

"Well David, Alejandro and I are flying to Moscow early in the morning so we can attend the funeral of Mr. Vasilij Avelli. Just so you know we will be absent for a week or so. Maybe you could come with us since you are David's assistant. But you will have to talk to him about this."

"Now I understand why Sasha was crying when he called."

"Well I don't know about that. After Sasha called David came to his father's office and told us both. Listen I have to call a friend of mine so I will leave now to go to my room. If you or David need me please come find me."

"Ok."

After that Kayla went to her room and called Hillary.

"Hey stranger." says Hillary.

"Hey Hill." says Kayla.

"I had been trying to contact you for weeks. Where were you?"

"Sorry a lot has happened. I am married. I live in Seattle and I am happy."

"I talked to Meg so I already know where you live and that you are happy and married."

"Actually I called you for a different reason."

"Spill."

"Are you going to go to Vasilij's funeral?"

"Yes. Mason is coming with me."

"Oh great. I am going too so I thought we could talk while there. When are you going to be there?"

"The day after tomorrow."

"Great, I am coming tomorrow evening. We will talk more later. I got to go to sleep."

"Bye Kaylee."

"Bye Hill."

After that Kayla went to bed. Sleep didn't come easy since she started thinking about her relationship with Sasha and what caused it to happen. She started hating George even more. When she finally fell asleep she dreamed about what it would be like to grow up with George present. She woke up at around two am since she had a deal with David that they will go to the airport at around four since they were going to pick up Alejandro at 4.30 and then go to the airport. But she couldn't get up. She felt like the world is spinning around her. After she could sit on the bed she noticed that Leah already packed her luggage. She was thankful that Leah did that without saying something to her. At around three David knocked on the door and after Kayla's "Enter." he entered. He immediately saw something was wrong since Kayla wasn't ready yet.

"Kayla, are you okay?"

"Yes. Now I am. I needed a minute or rather an hour to myself. I will be ready in 15 minutes. Leah already packed my bags so I will just wear something comfortable for the flight. I will meet you downstairs ok?"

"Ok. Whatever you say. I just wanted to tell you that Rafael isn't going with us. He, Ramon and Leah will be visiting their family."

"Ok. Now please leave so that I can get ready and so we won't be late."

David leaves the room. Kayla gets ready and goes downstairs. She also sees that her bags are already in the living room. David and Kayla leave the apartment with Rafael and Ramon carrying their bags to the car that is driven by Leah.

"Good morning Mr. Santos and Mrs. Smith." says Leah.

"Good morning Leah. I will be sitting in front with Leah so that I don't get sick." says Kayla.

"Deal."

They drive off and pick up Alejandro. Then they go to the airport. They board the plane and leave Seattle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 3.9K 76
Kehlani is a 19 year old girl who is in a toxic relationship with her boyfriend Jordan who is 21. He hits her and calls her names and disrespects her...
12.2K 177 45
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
107 1 32
Blaire is new in town and just wants to have a normal year. She never expects to run into an old friend. When Jay runs into Blaire at school, he's sh...
91.2K 4.7K 44
π™π™€π˜Όπ˜Ύπ™ƒπ™€π™ 𝙭 π™Žπ™π™π˜Ώπ™€π™‰π™ π™π™Šπ™ˆπ˜Όπ™‰π˜Ύπ™€ I have seen/read many stories where a student is crazy in love with her professor.. but what happens...