HOMEBODY. minsung

By HONEYJOONZ

[DISCONTINUED] "I'M A HOMEBODY." Though living his life with his best friends at nineteen, attending college... More

intro
01
02
04
05
06
07

03

3K 233 228
By HONEYJOONZ

"Hello! What can I get for you today?" As Jisung holds a pen in his hand, his wrist presses against the counter before he starts to scribble down the customer's order. Cheeky smile on his face that usually displays in the Yellow Wood Café, merely because his manager would scold him for not showing how the place could bring such a delightful time to those who enter. "To clarify the tmt iced latte and a slice of coffee cake?"

The customer only nods from the repetition of their own words, Jisung rings up their order and proceeds to tell the amount due. With a credit card pulled out, Jisung mentally thanks the person since he hated giving back change. He felt rushed, time ticking although he was already trained within the area. Customers were waiting and if he took too long, he'd be holding up the line. Which was not a fun situation to be stuck in. He sticks the essential sticker onto the customer's cup and passes it down to the barista. He quickly gives the receipt that displays their order number that will be called out quite soon.

For the next hour or so, Jisung is going to be placing orders and he didn't find it quite fun. Sometimes, he preferred being a waiter for those who wanted to be seated within the café. It was a good way to socialize with customers and ensuring they enjoyed their cups of caffeine.

But after his shift at the register ends, that's what he'll be switching to. He was grateful that he ended with being a waiter today because his coworker, or more of buddy Hwang Hyunjin would be a waiter with him. He found it odd to now call Hyunjin one of his friends due to them having a rough start. Their first meeting was when they both applied at Yellow Wood café, the two young boys believed only one of them would receive the job and fought over the position after their interviews. But, they only sunk into embarrassment after they both realized they were taken in. Apologizes were made but it was hard for them to rebuilt a relationship after their silly meltdowns. After months of working in the café, he came to the conclusion that he appreciated Hyunjin's company after all. He was a funny guy to talk to, had a lot of spurting ideas in his mind that would randomly pop out and Jisung loves conversing with him in English even if the boy wasn't that confident.

They once were discussing their past relationship before they worked in the café, one of the funniest phrases Jisung has heard Hyunjin say during that time was, "Your behavior is so, ugh!" An interesting set of words compiled together yet Jisung always was in tears when he heard him say it.

As time flows by, Jisung changes into a different apron, he grabs a notepad and pen to then inform one of his superiors he was changing shifts. He sees Hyunjin in the corner or his eye so he swiftly twirls around, meeting eyes with him. "Hey. Ready to mingle with customers and give them sugary drinks that are unhealthy for them?"

Hyunjin snorts from his description of coffee, but nods right after, "Totally, but I'm more ready to get off work."

"Same goes for me, but I'll let you take the first set of people who walked in." As they both hear the bell, Jisung was still fixing himself up. "I'll be there soon."

"Gotcha." The light chestnut haired boy gave him a thumbs up, he rushes off to the front of the café. Seeing a group of guys, he gulps from the sight due to there being so many. Yet, he sucks it up and approaches them. "Hello? You seem to have a big group, should I split you guys into two table?."

"That's cool." The blonde responds with a cheeky smile, Hyunjin leads the boys to their table and sets down a couple menus. "I'm your server Hyunjin, I'll be back to take your orders but call me if you're done early." He explains, scurrying away to find Jisung before they can even answer.

Hyunjin runs towards the back of the café and still finds Jisung standing there as if he's a sim waiting to be told his next move. He shakes the boy to take him back to his senses, "Sungie! There's a big group of guys who I just seated and there's too many of them you need to help me serve them."

Jisung shakes his head, eyebrows furrowing from Hyunjin's dramatic situation. "Really? Can't you do it on your own?"

"No!" He whines, shaking his head and of course Jisung. "There's a lot of them, I won't be able to serve them without dropping something! I'll make myself look like a fool!"

Jisung sighs, giving into the drama queen's request. "Fine, I'll go take their orders. What table?"

"There are two tables for them, I don't know which ones but you'll see them once you step out there! All I can say is you'll see familiar faces." Hyunjin explains, Jisung only nods but before he steps out to the main part of the café he hears Hyunjin yell, "You're the best!"

Walking over with his pen behind his ear and notepad in the pocket of the back of his jeans, he finally enters the café's dining area. Scanning the area, the only large group he spotted was a group of guys he did not want to see. He internally groans and it finally comes out, he slouches yet straightens himself up before once of his coworkers spot him slacking off. Walking over to them, the bottom of his shoes hit the hardwood floor but the rhythm stops once he's in front of the first table. "Welcome to Yellow Wood Café, what can I get for you?"

"What happen to the Hyunjin guy?" Woojin questions with curiosity, toothy smile on full display as he speaks. "Did we scare him off?"

"You can say that." As Jisung sighs, eyes closed as he grabs the pen from behind his ear. His other hand slips the notepad out from his pocket and shortly the two items are in formation with each other. "What would you guys like to order?"

"Our usual." Seungmin answers for him and Felix, the freckle face boy nods.

"Tell Hyunjin I said hi!" Felix tells enthusiastically, "Or actually, I'll do it myself if he walks by."

"What do you recommend?" An unfamiliar face questions from beside him, he was blonde. His hair looked curly, or more of dead. He couldn't tell which one it was but he decided to brush it off just for now. "By the way, I'm Chan. I don't think I got to introduce myself."

"I'm Jisung, but everyone usually likes the Yellow Wood Special, it's some weird ice or hot coffee that supposedly is exotic to your tastebuds. It's also a combo so you can choose any of these cakes and you'll get a slice." Jisung points out with his pen on the menu Chan is staring at.

"I'll get one of those Hannie!" Minho states from the other table, "I want a coffee cake!"

"Hyung, do you want your coffee iced or hot?"

"Ice please, also drop the honorifics. They make me feel old." The older answers politely, Woojin then catches his attention shortly as he's done writing down Minho's order.

"I'll get a strawberry green tea, fifty percent sugar plus a chicken and tomato mozzarella sandwich."

"Alright..and Chan hyung, did you figure out your order?"

"I'll get an iced caramel macchiato, your largest size. I've been sleep deprived and I need something to jump start my energy. I'm gonna need it for later." Chan hands back Jisung the menu and he nods, "Cool place by the way, I dig the style."

"Thanks..I'll be back with your order in a bit." Jisung shortly excuses himself and bumps into Hyunjin who is serving another table. "You owe me one." He growls, the older only giggles from his 'scary' words.

Jisung rips off the paper from his notepad and clips it onto the string of orders needing to be made. He questions how long everything would take and ensure he'd be back for it in that period of time. Shortly, he goes back out to handle another set of customers who have strolled in.

"So, Jisung works here full time? Part time?" Woojin asks from the side, wanting an answer from either Seungmin or Felix.

"Part time." Seungmin responds, "He does it for us to have spare money for rent or for groceries."

"Do you work Felix?" Chan then points to the younger Australian. He shakes his head from his question, "Why not?"

"I can't find one that suits me well, also it might intervene with my schedule." Felix explains shortly.

"Understandable, but why don't you work Seungmin?" Chan goes on with his questions, it was only because he wanted to know more about the boys.

"If I were to leave these boys at home by themselves, we wouldn't have a place to stay. Have you seen Felix try to make waffles? You put them in the toaster till they pop out yet he burnt them and the whole apartment stunk!" Seungmin rages, but the boy beside him only giggles from the scenario replaying in his mind. "I trust them, but I don't trust them in the apartment by themselves, when it's time to cook."

"So you're like they're chef?" Minho parallels the two, Seungmin nods his head as he can slightly agree. "That's us, but it's Channie. He does all the cooking, I know how to order take out."

"I have to disagree, I think I can make a decent meal." Woojin argues, but Minho only ignores his comment as he doesn't want to embarrass himself. "I'm fascinated by how you guys are all are younger than us yet we're able to move out of your parents homes so quickly."

"Were you not allowed to?" Felix tilts his head from Woojin's comment.

"I was, just my mother had a hard time letting me go. Also, she wanted to get to know Chan and Minho more. It took a while."

As their conversation goes, it forms into a deep session of learning about their childhoods and school lives before the hell known as college arrived. Felix and Chan got along swell as they both were able to relate to the fact that they used to live in Australia. The older blonde was also in love yet terrified of the young boy's voice that was many octaves below his own. Minho, Seungmin and Woojin had conversed while the two others dove in with interest quickly, Felix and Seungmin even had to switch positions in order for their conversations to go smoothly without any awkward leaning. But, shortly Jisung and their proclaimed waiter Hyunjin arrive with their drinks and snacks. Stating their orders before as they watch their hands go up that signify what item goes to who. Jisung leaves first, needing to serve another table their desserts. Yet Hyunjin gives them an awkward smile, he's obviously nervous due to the amount of boys in front of him. But, there was more to the case. Although he's seen him before, he's always caught his eyes.

This certain boy's stern voice always made him nervous, his muscles tensing to his fingers curling tightly against the circle platter that holds a variety of the shop's items. He hates how weak his knees get whenever he comes to pick up Jisung. What saddens Hyunjin most is how he barely talks to the boy, how his voice never shines whenever he's around and to the daggering eyes that look everywhere except towards him. He's sure Seungmin has already noticed, idiocy is the one feeling that fills him up when the boy is finally gone. "I—I'm sorry that I didn't take your orders earlier, I apologize for not being a good waiter."

Chan shakes his head, not allowing the boy to sulk over something so little. "Don't be sorry, it's nothing to mope about."

Minho nods agreeing shortly, he sets his fork beside his coffee cake and smiles. "Look kid, don't bum yourself out because you didn't take our order. Though, you did say you were our server for today. There's nothing wrong with that!"

Hyunjin shrugs, although their reassuring words and encouraging statements were made. He still felt unsure of himself, a tad guilty. His eyes trail to Seungmin, but he quickly draws them away when he catches him staring at him. "Hey, why are you so nervous?" Felix questions from beside Seungmin, the curiosity he held only put the boy on spot which he hated. "It's just us, plus a couple new friends. You see Min and I all the time!"

"Y—yeah I know.." Hyunjin admits, the boy was right but Felix simply didn't know what was consuming him on the inside that lead him to act this way. "Just..new people I guess. Never seen their faces around. Somewhat.. just..intimidating I'd say..."

"See Chan, you need to fix up that scary face of yours." Minho jokes, the blonde crumples up a napkin and throws it at him. "Hey! You're gonna have to pick that up because I'm not!"

"But you see strangers everyday?" Seungmin states yet in a questioning tone, Hyunjin shifts in his position and immediately one of the boy's notices his odd movements.

"Hey, Hyunjin right?" Minho clearly sees that he's saving the waiter's ass, only because Hyunjin gives him a relieved smile. "Where's Hannie? I've been wanting to talk to the cute teddy bear boxer boy."

Hyunjin's eyebrow lifts from the weird description made about Jisung, he does a twirl as he's searching around the room. Spotting the boy at another table, he seemed to be explaining the top choices on the menu. "He's over there." As Hyunjin points subtly, Minho lifts himself up from his seat slightly and nods.

"Cool, can you grab him for me?"

"O—oh..okay." He quickly obeys to his request and walks on shortly to Jisung, he's about to head back into the back to stick up another order. "Hey, one of your friends want to talk to you for a second I think."

Jisung glances over to the table, "Alright, can you do me a favor and clip this?" Hyunjin of course doesn't make a fuss and grabs the slip of paper, heading back as Jisung makes his way to the table. "Did you guys want to order something else? Hyunjin was just with you."

Minho raises his hand, "Hannie, are we still gonna hang out after your shift? You know, order pizza and get to know each other better."

Jisung looks over to Seungmin and Felix for confirmation, the puppy boy nods from his question and Jisung copies but instead he looks at Minho. "Cool, seeing you in your underwear and not building a friendship with you would be odd. Wouldn't it?"

"Yeah, that's valid." Jisung answers without any hesitation, "I would ask Hyunjin to tag along, but I think he'll be too tired to walk back to his place after."

Felix's eyes then brighten, "That's why there's a couch! Also, if he's comfortable he can sleep in your bed."

"Why mine?!" The squirrel like boy groans, "I like my bed to myself!"

"I do too." Felix replies with sass, head moving subtly as he speaks. "Seungmin, are you okay with Hyunjin coming?"

"The more the merrier, but he seems awkward. Also, you haven't even asked if he was okay with it." Seungmin points out, "I don't mind him coming over or staying the night, he just needs to work on his social skills."

"Blunt." Woojin states, pointing to the boy with his index finger. He shakes it up and down as he looks to Chan, "I like that."

"I'll be off my shift soon guys, so just sit tight and I'll ask Hyunjin. If he's not walking back with us, you got your answer." Jisung explains, he looks at their cakes that are barely touched. Their beverages levels have no difference in them. "Seriously guys! Eat your food and drink your coffee! Nobody likes watered down drinks!" As he scolds, a hand catches his attention as a customer is waiting for him to serve them. "See you guys, I'll be out soon." He scurries along, feet once again hitting the hardwood floor as all their eyes watch him move along.

"He intrigues me." Minho states quietly to where only Woojin can hear, "I don't know why but I have a good feeling about him."

"You're hard to read, but you do you." Woojin takes a sip of his iced tea, "You've only just met the boy, let alone in his underwear."

Minho purses his lips, raising his brows at the same time as he has a point. "True, but I have a good feeling about these guys. They're...interesting."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.4K 3.5K 34
When Felix sees a cute boy whilst he's at work, something intrigues him. From his wavy locks to the bruises on his wrists, he becomes curious in the...
229K 14.3K 65
━━━ MADE IN KOREA ➷ A MinSung Fanfiction. 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐏𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 X 5 As a celebrated actor and CEO, Lee Minho, dubbed the 'Nation's Gem,' he...
167K 6.3K 40
han jisung, a freak experiment, finds his safe place with lee minho, a gang member. but not all is as it seems. top ! minho bottom ! jisung hybrid...
2.2K 129 3
Alone, that is what he is meant to be. Every day Minho wakes to a world obsessed with soulmates. Music, television, and books all celebrate the soul'...