03

"Hello! What can I get for you today?" As Jisung holds a pen in his hand, his wrist presses against the counter before he starts to scribble down the customer's order. Cheeky smile on his face that usually displays in the Yellow Wood Café, merely because his manager would scold him for not showing how the place could bring such a delightful time to those who enter. "To clarify the tmt iced latte and a slice of coffee cake?"

The customer only nods from the repetition of their own words, Jisung rings up their order and proceeds to tell the amount due. With a credit card pulled out, Jisung mentally thanks the person since he hated giving back change. He felt rushed, time ticking although he was already trained within the area. Customers were waiting and if he took too long, he'd be holding up the line. Which was not a fun situation to be stuck in. He sticks the essential sticker onto the customer's cup and passes it down to the barista. He quickly gives the receipt that displays their order number that will be called out quite soon.

For the next hour or so, Jisung is going to be placing orders and he didn't find it quite fun. Sometimes, he preferred being a waiter for those who wanted to be seated within the café. It was a good way to socialize with customers and ensuring they enjoyed their cups of caffeine.

But after his shift at the register ends, that's what he'll be switching to. He was grateful that he ended with being a waiter today because his coworker, or more of buddy Hwang Hyunjin would be a waiter with him. He found it odd to now call Hyunjin one of his friends due to them having a rough start. Their first meeting was when they both applied at Yellow Wood café, the two young boys believed only one of them would receive the job and fought over the position after their interviews. But, they only sunk into embarrassment after they both realized they were taken in. Apologizes were made but it was hard for them to rebuilt a relationship after their silly meltdowns. After months of working in the café, he came to the conclusion that he appreciated Hyunjin's company after all. He was a funny guy to talk to, had a lot of spurting ideas in his mind that would randomly pop out and Jisung loves conversing with him in English even if the boy wasn't that confident.

They once were discussing their past relationship before they worked in the café, one of the funniest phrases Jisung has heard Hyunjin say during that time was, "Your behavior is so, ugh!" An interesting set of words compiled together yet Jisung always was in tears when he heard him say it.

As time flows by, Jisung changes into a different apron, he grabs a notepad and pen to then inform one of his superiors he was changing shifts. He sees Hyunjin in the corner or his eye so he swiftly twirls around, meeting eyes with him. "Hey. Ready to mingle with customers and give them sugary drinks that are unhealthy for them?"

Hyunjin snorts from his description of coffee, but nods right after, "Totally, but I'm more ready to get off work."

"Same goes for me, but I'll let you take the first set of people who walked in." As they both hear the bell, Jisung was still fixing himself up. "I'll be there soon."

"Gotcha." The light chestnut haired boy gave him a thumbs up, he rushes off to the front of the café. Seeing a group of guys, he gulps from the sight due to there being so many. Yet, he sucks it up and approaches them. "Hello? You seem to have a big group, should I split you guys into two table?."

"That's cool." The blonde responds with a cheeky smile, Hyunjin leads the boys to their table and sets down a couple menus. "I'm your server Hyunjin, I'll be back to take your orders but call me if you're done early." He explains, scurrying away to find Jisung before they can even answer.

Hyunjin runs towards the back of the café and still finds Jisung standing there as if he's a sim waiting to be told his next move. He shakes the boy to take him back to his senses, "Sungie! There's a big group of guys who I just seated and there's too many of them you need to help me serve them."