Forbidden: An Yugioh Reader A...

By PinkCrystal_Rose

*All images are paid commissions created by the artist Less_End. Please do not copy or use in your own work* ... More

🌹Welcome🌹
Main story 1
Main story 2
Main story 3 (choice)
🐙
🐬
💘
🔱
Main story 5 (choice)
🎶
🌹
Main Story 6
🐠
🕸
🔱Ending Part 1🔱
❤️🔱Ending Part 2🔱❤️

Main 4 (choice time)

1K 26 7
By PinkCrystal_Rose

Back at the palace, Mana and Mahad were gilding through the open halls next to the garden chatting about the new report Isis had wrote on inherent abilities of merfolk and how it differ from magic when a sharp voice stopped them.

"Mana, you're just the mermaid I've been looking for."

Mana stiffen and took a deep breath before turning around to bow to the royal owner of the voice. "Hello your highness," she said managing to sound polite as well as indifferent. "How can I help you?"

Mana rose but kept her eye lowered so not to meet the gazed of Atem's and Yugi's second older brother, Zev. Prince Zev was strangely handsome but held an aura that made all mermaids wary of him. He had ink black hair that curled around the base of his neck, pale grey skin stretched over a medium build and a dark green sea serpent tail. His face was squared and strong but the thinness of his lips always held a crooked smile. The mermaid tried not to feel sick under the calculating copper eyes of the older merman as she waited for him to speak. Thank goodness she had Mahad at her side.

"I'm looking for my younger brother Atem, but I can not find him." He paused waiting for Mana to tell him where Atem was but the mermaid stayed quietly sweating. Of all the times for a brother to care where Atem was, why now and why Zev? "Well? Aren't you going to tell me where my little brother is?"

Mana breathed, opening her mouth to speak but Mahad jumped in for her. "The young prince Atem is busy at the moment your highness." Zev give Mahad a cold glance. Mana glanced at her mentor but looked back at the floor.

"Busy? With what? Babysitting his dear brother? Little Yugi is an adult merman now, so what could he possibly be busy with?"

Mahad said nothing so Mana stepped in. Mahad was and older than Mana and Atem were by a century so he never was close to Atem. With Mana, however, the mermaid seek him out to torture her in the philosophy of their kind and to learn healing magic from Isis whom he was good friends with. Her goal was to be part of the royal council to help make their kingdom a better place. Mana didn't want to burden Mahad with covering for Atem so she rose her head carefully with her eyes still hidden. "He is out spending time with Prince Yugi at the moment and will return later."

"In other words, he is hiding tiny Yugi from the groups of courting mermaids. With his sensibility a male might better suite him."

"Kindly remember Prince Zev that, it was that very sensibility that made Prince Yugi's and Prince Atem's mother dear to your father the King."

Zev again glared at Mahad. It was no secret that if the king had just waited on mating right away she would have been crowed queen and no harem would be formed. "Just as you say Mahad, that kind of sensibility is better suited for a queen than a king. Thank goodness he will never see the throne."

"Is there a message you will like to give him?" Mana asked through grating teeth "If it's urgent, I'm sure he'll make time to speak to you." And put you in your place you arrogant ass- Mana then jumped back when she felt Zev's cold hand under her chin. She glance up only once but missed meeting his eyes. There was a rumor among the mermaids that if you meet the eyes of the second prince, and if he liked what he saw, he would force the mermaid into his harem.

Zev chuckled at the reaction saying, "There's no need to be so cold with dear Mana. I only wish to see the lovely color of your eyes. Such spirit and beauty you have. It's a waste that you have yet to be mated with."

Mahad moved infront of the prince and bowed saying, "Forgive Prince Zev but Mana and I need to be going. Is there a message you would like to passed along?"

"No." He said waving off Mahad. "I merely was bored. Father has no need for me since dear older brother will be crown king in fifty years or so."

Both Mahad and Mana gasped. "The King has said nothing of advocating the throne and he is in fine health." Mahad replied.

"Oh I wouldn't be so sure of that. Mother said that father has be acting odd lately and he spends all his time mentoring his successor when his training ended long ago. I wonder why?"

Mana wasn't sure how to feel about this news considering the source but it was true that the king was spending more time with the older brother. Zev grinned over at Mana and said, "Perhaps there is something you can tell Atem for me as a concerned brother of course. Tell him that if doesn't want to be made a bargaining tool he better find... a merfolk to mate with. I overheard that neighboring kingdom is looking for a husband for their daughter. It would make for a healthy alliance but the kingdom is so far away we may never see him again."

Mana glared down at her fin wishing she could tell him to worried about his own problems. When Atem gets back she was going have to tell him to get over the human woman and settle down.

"Oh, but if he does that they may use dear little Yugi instead. What a dilemma." Zev said with cruel smile. Mahad grab Mana's arm as she turn to swim forward to hit the haughty prince. Went to swing at him but she barely missed the smirking merman.

"Maybe they should send you instead!" She cried.

"Olive. A beautiful olive."

Mana gasped and swam behind Mahad. In her anger she looked straight into his eyes. Zev moved to get closer but Mahad lowered his staff in a defensive position. The merman was getting tried of the council member's interference. "Move aside. That is an order."

"I can not Prince Zev. I am courting this female. If you want her you must enter combat with me."

"What!" Both Mana and the Prince gasp. Mahad held his position waiting for the prince to make his move. Mana cheeks burned as she stayed at her mentor's back. She always admire the older merman since she was a child, but she never dreamed she would be courted by him. But wait, Mahad is only doing this to protect me from entering a harem.

Zev look at Mahad unconvinced. "If you are courting her your not very clear about it."

"Mana is a young intelligent mermaid and does not need to be bothered by an overbearing suiter. I had hoped to wait till she had experience more in life before presenting myself to her. There is more to a mermaid's life than breeding, Prince Zev."

Oh, my god! He means it! Mana's mind was screaming with joy. There was only one merman Mana would ever consider to be with, but she was so sure he would forever see her as a child that Mana stayed contented to being his student and one day a colleague. Whatever it took to be by his side, Mana would be happy.

"Well, I'm still not convince, Mana-"

"I chose Mahad!" She cried throwing her arm around Mahad's neck. The merman nearly stubbled at the added weight at his back but then straighten. His eyes were focused on the enemy ready to fight him off if he didn't concede to Mana's choice.

"Fine." Zev said glowering at them. A mermaid could not refuse a royal suiter unless they were courted by another. The only way to win the mermaid was to enter combat; something Zev cared little for. "I had hope that this mermaid would give me a child but there are others to take her place. However, dear Mana, if you are left feeling unsatisfied I'll gladly take you in."

The then prince swam off not looking back. "Jerk." Mana muttered under her breath. Mahad cleared his throat and the mermaid saw that she still had her arms around him. She blushed and let go. Mahad turned to face the young mermaid as she fidgeting with her hands. "So, uh, about what just happen, I really do like you Mahad but I'm not ready for..." Her blushed deepen as her voice trailed off. Just because it was a dream come true didn't make any less embarrassing.

"I know your not, Mana." said Mahad in a low gentle voice. "I meant what I told the prince. I will wait for when you are ready for...that. I'll wait for as long as it takes and have no others." Mahad felt foolish saying these words but there was no one else he wanted. It was an odd concept for him to understand since this was not the way things were normally done but it felt true to him.

"Thank you Mahad. And thank you for defending Atem and Yugi."

"Again, I did it because I believe they deserve the respect. I know that Atem is wary council members, but I hope he knows that he has an ally in me."

"I'll make sure he does." Mana smiled at the merman then grabbed his hand. "Come on. Let's finish our talk!"

"But Mana!" Mahad eye's widen at how easily Mana moved on from the event that just happen. The Mana caught the look in her mentor's face and laughed saying, "I guess I should have said it before, but I don't want anyone else but you Mahad! So let's stay in the courting faze till we're ready!"

The merman stared at her bright smile then breathed out to smile back at her. Their relationship had took a step in change and something told him it was for the better.
Chose 🔱 for Atem or 💘 for Yugi
xxx
Both choices will be posted tomorrow....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

768 18 15
When Amanda does something that catches the eyes of someone that swears that she met once, and only once, she tries to find a way to use her magic to...
30.7K 1.1K 36
How long would you wait for the one you loved, even if you lost all memory of them? In an age long before the time of pyramids, a band of mystic scho...
14.8K 253 7
A 15 years old girl named Yugi was sitting alone on her windowstill, rain is pouring heavily as she silently crying over her dead grandfather Solomo...
1.8K 24 8
Just a bunch of Yu-gi-oh! Oneshots! If want more info select the first chapter and read away. This book is for Duel Monsters only. Requests are clos...