[I] Freedom {Klaus Mikaelson}

By homebody_flower8997

Faith Everly never had the best life. From having an abusive mother to being a siphoner, life wasn't the grea... More

Info + Cast
II. Crystal Blue Eyes
III. Pills
IV. Alone
V. Porcelain Doll
VI. Livid
VII. Ancestor
VIII. Abomination
IX. Whiskey
X. Maybe
XI. Ligature Marks
XII. Approval
XIII. Lemonade
XIV. Poor Little Pup
XV. Masquerade Ball
XVI. The Noble One
XVII. Betrayal
XVIII. One Side
XIX. Old Scars
XX. Free
Season 3 Details
XXI. Margarita
XXII. Tattoo
XXIII. A Strange Feeling
XXIV. Kidnapping Skills
XXV. Promise
XXVI. Back To Square One
XXVII. Lil Witch
XXVIII. Survivor
XXIX. Her Smile
XXX. The Blame
XXXI. Breaking Down Walls
XXXII. Happier
XXXIII. Worse
XXXIV. Careful
Season 4 Details
XXXV. Damage
XXXVI. Vodka Shot
XXXVII. Apology
XXXVIII. Snowflake
XXXIX. School
XL. Torture and Drinking Buddies
XLI. Billiards
XLII. Capable of Love
XLIII. Mercy
XLIV. Comfort
XLV. Expression Triangle
XLVI. Subtle
XLVII. Graduation
Sequel

I. Joint

23.5K 433 352
By homebody_flower8997

• • • •

Faith Everly watched as students walk across the grass area to get inside the school for the start of the first day of class. She placed her arm behind her as she leaned back against the table and pulled the joint in her other hand to her lips. She took a drag out of it before blowing the smoke out between her lips.

It was the first day of her junior year in high school and she needed something to relax her and what better than a joint.

"Well if it isn't Faith Everly," the black-haired girl glanced to the side to see the familiar female Donovan. "First day jitters?"

Faith smirked as she blew the smoke in her mouth towards Vicki's face. She let out a small laugh as Vicki scowled at the smoke.

"Nah," Faith passed the joint to Vicki as the brunette took a drag of it. "You know what my mother is like."

"Want me to embarrass the sacred Everly name?" Vicki asked with a taunting tone.

"She'll only hurt me even more than she already does," Faith answered, dully before standing up from the table and grabbing her bag. "I'll see you later, Vick."

Vicki nodded and noticed Faith's attention on someone behind her. The raven-haired girl smirked with a teasing glint in her blue eyes. "Your boy toy is here."

Vicki turned around just as Faith walked away to see Jeremy Gilbert walking over to the brunette.

Faith moved her frizzy semi-curly hair behind her ear as she passed by students to her history class. As she passed a corner, she was slammed into a hard wall. Or at least that's what she thought it was.

She blinked multiple times to regain her focus and looked up to see a handsome face with beautiful forest green eyes that shined with concern.

"Shit, sorry," Faith sputtered with wide eyes. "I didn't see you there."

The guy smiled, kindly. "It's okay. I wasn't looking where I was going either. I'm new here actually. I'm Stefan Salvatore."

The name made Faith stiffened. She already knew the guy was a vampire, but she didn't think it'll be someone who used to live in Mystic Falls.

She showed him her mastered beautiful fake smile. "I'm Faith Everly. Do you need help getting to your class? I can help you if you want."

Stefan nodded. "I would like that."

Faith motioned behind him. "Let's go then."

After figuring out Stefan was in her history class to which Faith was grateful since she didn't have to go walking around the school more than she had to, she made the vampire follow her to their class. The bell wasn't going to ring any time soon so the classroom was practically empty.

Faith didn't even bother greeting her history teacher. Mr. Tanner was the football team's coach also known as a worldwide asshole.

Though Faith always had a facade on when around the teacher as she thought of ways to kill the asshole.

The raven-haired girl played with the ruby jewel that hung from her necklace as she waited for the rest of her classmates to enter the classroom.

"Nice necklace," Faith glanced at Stefan as he sat on the desk next to her. "Where'd you get it?"

She let the jewel drop from her hand and lied. "Family heirloom. Had to practically beg my mother to give to me after my father passed away."

"I'm sorry," Stefan said, his eyebrows knitted together.

"Why?" Faith looked at him with cold blue eyes that reminded the vampire of his older brother. "It's not like you killed him. He died in a car accident."

Stefan blinked and instantly a smile was across the raven-haired girl's face as her attention was on a girl with light brown skin and dark brown hair. The girl smiled back at the Everly girl as she sat down in front of her and Stefan took that as his cue to leave.

"Everly," Bonnie greeted her.

"Bennet," Faith smirked. "Still going on about being psychic?"

Bonnie shrugged. "Maybe."

Faith rolled her eyes but had a light smile on her lips. The minute Bonnie's attention wasn't on her, Faith's expression became cold yet held almost a mischievous glint. Faith never really thought of Bonnie, Caroline, or especially Elena as her friends. Acting nice and friendly was her mother's orders, the woman she hated most in the world.

Although, she found it amusing yet frustrating as everyone in the small town didn't seem to realize that Faith Everly was being abused.

Her only friend was Vicki Donovan. A bit bitchy, the brunette was, but she was the only one who figured out who Faith's mother really is. Even with being abused by her mother, Faith made it her life goal to displease her mother, even in the simplest things.

• • • •

"Could've chosen a better boy toy, Vick," Faith told the older girl as she served a couple their drinks.

Vicki scoffed. "Please, I'm not the one who deflowered him."

Faith smirked and placed the black tray on the bar. "But who's the one who kept doing it one after the other?"

Vicki places more drinks on her tray. "It was the drug haze plus I'm dating Tyler."

Faith sat down on one of the stools near the bar. "Keep telling yourself that and I dated Tyler as well and I know how much of an asshole he is. Don't get me wrong he's good at sex, but not exactly dating material."

"Well there isn't much to choose in Mystic Falls who's great at both," Vicki replied.

"I'm sure Jeremy Gilbert is," Faith smirked. "I mean from the details you've told me, he seems to actually like you."

Vicki deadpanned and only shook her head before walking away from the raven-haired girl.

"Hey, Faith."

She turned around to see Caroline and Bonnie smiling at her. She smiled back, "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"We're meeting up with Elena in a bit," Caroline answered. "You can join us."

"Yeah, sure," Faith shrugged. "I'm almost done with my shift anyway."

• • • •

Faith listened, bored out of her mind as Elena, Bonnie, and she heard Caroline's flirt attempts toward Stefan Salvatore. They all sat at a table in the Grill. Of course, Elena and Bonnie seemed to be interested in the conversation, but Faith wasn't.

She was regretting not leaving the minute her shift was done.

"Parents?" Bonnie asked the vampire.

"My parents passed away," Stefan glanced at Elena.

"I'm sorry," she said. "Any siblings?"

Faith's blue eyes narrowed on Stefan when she glanced at her before answering, "none that I talk to. I live with my uncle."

"So Stefan," Caroline interrupted Stefan's and Elena's moment. "If you're new, then you don't know about the party tomorrow."

"It's a back to school thing at the falls," Bonnie explained.

"My favorite kind of party," Faith smirked, glad that the subject changed. "No adults and we drink as much as we want."

"Says the alcoholic," Caroline rolled her eyes to which Faith's smirk grew.

"Are you going?" Stefan turned toward Elena.

"Of course she is," Bonnie answers for her with a smile. Faith rolled her eyes as Elena smiled, shyly, and pushed her hair behind her ear and stared at Stefan.

• • • •

Faith unlocked the front door before walking inside the house. She dropped her keys in a small key dish before walking inside the living room.

Her blue eyes seemed to dull as she saw her mother's figure sitting on the sofa with a glass of red wine in her hand. Her mother looked up at her daughter with distaste as she stood. She placed the glass of wine gently on the coffee table before walking up to the young girl.

Faith's head was forcibly turned to the side by the brute force her mother's hand used to slap her.

"When is your curfew?" Circe Everly questioned, bitterly.

"10 pm," Faith mumbled in response. She bit her lip as she felt tears swirl around in her eyes.

"And what time is it?" Circe asked, her emerald eyes glaring at her daughter.

"Twelve fifteen," Faith whimpered.

Circe sighed, frustrated before harshly pulling Faith from her forearm across the living room to a hallway. She stopped at the end of the hallway at a door. Tears welled up in Faith's blue eyes from her mother's sharp nails digging into her skin and what's about to come.

The door creaked open to show a set of stairs by a dim light. With a rough push, Faith tumbled down the stairs. Circe stared with cold emerald eyes at her daughter's body slumped onto the cold hard ground at the bottom of the steps before slamming the door shut.

Faith raised her head at the steps as she heard a few clicks meaning her mother had locked the multiple locks on the door. With great struggle, Faith managed to sit down against a wall. She pulled her knees up and crossed her arms over her knees as she stared blankly in the empty basement.

She knew soon her mother would walk down the stairs and start her attacks on Faith while blaming her father's death on her and telling her how much of a disappointment she was as her daughter and as a witch.

Faith Everly wasn't a witch. She was a siphoner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 6.6K 24
"She's the embodiment of chaos itself-a combination of all her siblings, the worst parts of them. She's more vengeful than Klaus, more conniving than...
45.3K 955 18
A foster child, Olivia, befriended Luka who moved to mystic falls with his father. He had told her he was a witch and about the whole supernatural go...
1.1M 41K 89
When her mother announced they were moving once again, this time to a small town in Virginia, Emma assumed it was just one more search for a fresh st...
243K 4.8K 68
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...