Short Stories (GxG)

By artsykid04

The same thing goes for this book as my other short story book: This book is filled with many short stories t... More

Party - Shay & Lynn
Neighbor - Bri & Tess
Camping - Krissy & Sam
A Game - Allison & Paige
Blind Love - Lucy & Maria
Colors - Elsie & MJ

The Ball - Ella & Sara

417 7 0
By artsykid04

Description: In a world where there is only royalty, no presidents or prime ministers, the Langston and Harlow royal families are the most powerful. Their kingdoms are large and so are their military forces, though they have lived in peace for hundreds of years. A handful of times a year there are balls held to keep the kingdoms close and civil. Though everything is peaceful, the two powerful kingdoms think constantly of ways to bring each other closer together. One day, they get a great idea. What better way to keep two families close together than an arranged marriage? (Around 4000 words)

Brief Character Descriptions: 

Ella Langston: Bright blue curly hair that goes down to her waist, beautiful hazel eyes, and light brown freckles. She is very tan because she loves being outside. She only wears dresses when it is a special occasion. She cusses a lot. She is not what you would expect a princess to be like. She is gay but closeted.

Sara Harlow: Dark brown straight hair that goes down to her shoulders and bright blue eyes. She has fair skin even though she likes being outside too. She always wears dresses but they only go down to her knee and most of them are considered sun dresses rather than royal dresses. She makes most of her clothes. She is openly out as gay and likes to decorate the castle with rainbow flags and items. Her parents, the king and queen, don't like it but they don't do or say anything.

Sara's POV

There was a knock at my door. I was at my vanity braiding my hair though so I called out for the person to come in.

It was one of the servants.

She stepped inside my room and bowed, "The king and queen wish to see you, my lady."

I smiled politely at her, "Alright, I will go as soon as I am finished getting ready. Could you please let them know?"

She nodded before bowing again and leaving.

I finished the second French braid shortly after she left, a little sad that they kind of disappeared in my dark hair but I shook it off.

I grabbed my phone before quickly leaving to find my parents.

I found them where they usually were, in my father's office. They shared it but it was usually my father that was using it.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked as I walked in.

My mother nodded and motioned for her to sit beside her on the couch. My father was in his desk chair, looking as serious as ever. They were always serious, even when it was just us and they could have relaxed.

"It's about the... decor." My father said, motioning somewhere outside of the office.

"What?" I asked.

My mother sighed, "You need to take all of your rainbows and things down."

"What?" I asked, my eyes widening in shock.

"We will be hosting the ball this month. It will be held in one week so we would like you to take the rainbows down in every room," my mother said.

I stared at my parents in shock, "Why?"

"We don't need the guests to be bombarded by that sort of thing in every room of the castle," my father said.

"But-"

My father sighed, "Sara, just go do as we say."

I looked down, upset, "Okay."

I walked slowly as I went to the rooms where I had rainbow flags and some pride decorations. None of it was in your face or over the top, I didn't think anyway. I hated that they were making me take it all down. 

I was proud of who I was, and I should have been able to show it -- but my parents were embarrassed.

As I walked through the castle, collecting everything, I started to get an idea. If they didn't want my pride on the walls of the castle... maybe I could put it somewhere else.

I quickly found a servant and tasked him with taking everything down, making it clear I wanted everything taken to my room -- nothing was to be thrown away.

Then I asked another servant to fetch me some things...

I knew how I was going to decorate my dress for the ball.

**

"The guests will arrive any minute, Sara, why are you not dressed?" My mother practically yelled at me.

"I'm putting some finishing touches on my dress, I'll be done soon."

She sighed, "I don't see why you have to make all of your clothes."

"It's fun."

She just waved me off, "You better be done in half an hour to be down to greet guests and mingle, young lady."

Then she stormed off.

After she left, I took my dress out of my closet and got back to work on the finishing touches.

I made most of my clothes and I especially loved making ball gowns -- they were just so elegant and beautiful. I had started this dress a long while ago, it started out as just white, but after my parents made me take all of my flags down I got an idea. I immediately had a servant go get some fabric dye for me along with a few pairs of sweatpants and plain t-shirts. 

After I did the last final touch, I stood back and looked at it on the mannequin and smiled.

I was so proud of it.

~I found these pictures on Pinterest, they are not mine~

https://pin.it/2LW0tqZ & https://pin.it/30av9ia

I had always wanted to try doing a gown with sleeves of that style and I was so happy with how it turned out. The colors turned out beautifully too. I will admit that I was nervous the dye was going to ruin the dress.

I was so happy it didn't.

I just had to touch up my hair and makeup, put on the dress, and then make my grand entrance down the main staircase.

**

Ella's POV

"Ella, how nice to see you again." Queen Harlow greeted me as I walked up to her and the King with my parents.

I bowed my head slightly to her, "It's nice to see you again as well."

I didn't like these parties, I thought they were lame as hell. I had to be on my best behavior, they only played classical music, and my mother forced me into a gown.

But I had to act nice anyway.

I glanced around, seeing if I could find anyone my age that I recognized enough to talk to to get out of the situation I was in. No such luck.

After my parents and the King and Queen Harlow did their catching up, Queen Harlow looked at my hair.

I had just retouched my roots so none of my original hair color showed through. There were different shades of blue, between light and medium -- I didn't want it too dark. I had it styled in a fairly natural way, I just let my curls take hold but I added two clips, one on each side of my head, to hold most of my hair back while two strips stood out and acted as bangs. (Sorry for that awful description, her hair basically looks the same as the model in the picture of her dress below -- but blue and more curly)

"I do hope you go back to a more natural appearance after the wedding."

"Excuse me?" I asked, taken aback.

For one, she practically just told me she hated my hair. And for two... what wedding?

"Oh, have you not been informed?" She asked, trying to act like she felt bad for dropping a bomb.

"Informed...?" I repeated as a question, looking helplessly at my parents.

"Actually, my lady, we were saving the news for the party," My mom said in her sweetest voice ever.

"Ah, well shall I tell her or shall you?"

"I believe I'll give you the honor."

I was just looking back and forth dumbly between the two queens.

Why were they talking about a wedding and why did it seem like I was supposed to be a part of said wedding?

The Queen smiled at my mother before looking back to me, "Now, princess, as you know there are many royal families and many balls to keep the peace between us all. Not long ago we figured out a way to keep peace all the better and it involves you. I have a beautiful daughter and two handsome sons, one is just a year older than you. We have arranged for you to marry my son, Prince Kane, in a week."

I stared blankly at her for a minute before putting on a fake smile, "That sounds lovely. Um, would you excuse me, please? I'd like to speak to my parents."

"Of course dear, we will be happy to hear more from you later."

I smiled and bowed as they left. Then turned to my parents and looked at them shocked.

"Now don't look at us like that, Ella. Kane is a very handsome man and the wedding will join our families and military defenses. It's all for the best," my mom said while looking at me sternly.

"But what about what I want, Mom? I don't want to marry a man I barely know."

"Nonsense, you've conversed with him before."

"That doesn't mean I know him!" 

"Silence. Ella, you will marry him and join our families whether you want to or not. Now, go around and be polite and make conversation with people."

I wanted to scream but I just nodded and turned away.

What the hell were my parents thinking? Arranging a marriage for me without fucking telling me until a week before?

Angry as all hell, I walked around with a calm face.

I was trying to find Kaitlyn. She was my friend from the Gallay royal family. Most princesses were super stuck up but not her. She was nice to talk to. I wasn't super close with her but she might have been able to distract me.

As I walked around to try to find her, I looked at the main staircase and stopped in my tracks, completely forgetting about my anger for a moment.

Walking down the stairs was the most beautiful princess in the world. She was the girl that had stolen my heart, and the sister of the man I was supposed to marry. 

She was wearing a beautiful white gown with a purple ombre at the bottom, along with small rainbows. The sleeves fell down her arms beautifully, with the same colors as the bottom of the dress. Her short dark brown hair was styled in loose curls that fit the dress perfectly. She wore simple makeup too, light eyeliner and eyeshadow that made her bright blue eyes pop and a simple lip gloss that made her lips look so kissable.

She looked absolutely stunning.

I shook my head a little, realizing that I was staring at her. I continued to walk around to find Kaitlyn.

Sara was the girl of my fucking dreams but I was way too scared to talk to her. 

She was too good for me.

Sara's POV

"Sara, what on Earth are you doing?"

"Why mother, I'm socializing," I said, trying hard to not sound as passive-aggressive as I was feeling.

She looked furious, "No. What is your dress?"

I smiled, "Oh, do you like it? It was all white but last week I figured out just what it needed. A little bit of color."

"You will go to change at once!"

"I worked hard on this gown, I will not."

"Sara!"

"Now now, dear. You're drawing a scene. Just let her wear it." My father muttered as he made his way over to us at the bottom of the stairs.

My mother still looked furious but nodded and walked away elegantly with my father shortly behind her.

As I was walking around making small talk with people and smiling and waving, I saw the back of a glorious dress. When I looked closer, I saw a glorious princess. If I remembered correctly, she was a part of the Langston royal family. She was truly beautiful. Probably straight, but a gal could dream.

She was wearing a beautiful white ball gown with a large train that flowed behind her beautifully.

~I found this picture on Pinterest, it is not mine~

(I found this image a long time ago and don't have the link for it, sorry)

I loved the way the sleeves were designed. I was tempted to go up and ask where she got her gown but I always got nervous around beautiful girls.

Ella's POV

"So I heard you're going to get married soon," Kaitlyn said while smiling as I walked up to her.

I resisted the urge to sigh and roll my eyes.

I was hoping I would be able to talk to her as a distraction -- but of course that was the first thing she said to me.

I gave her a confused expression, "Excuse me?"

"I've heard some gossip around the ball that you're going to be married to the hunk Kane Harlow!"

"I..." I didn't know what to say without sounding sarcastic or moody.

"You're one lucky gal. He is handsome," she said in a dreamy voice.

I internally sighed. So much for being able to talk to someone.

"Um... I have to go, excuse me."

Without waiting to hear what she replied, I turned around and went through the nearest door I saw, immediately slouching after the door closed behind me. It took me into a white hallway which I followed and walked up lots of stairs until I found a balcony. There was a bench so I sat down and began trying to collect my thoughts.

I didn't want to marry. I didn't want to marry a man, specifically, and I especially didn't want to marry a man I didn't know. He was handsome... but I wasn't attracted to him. I did not want it to happen.

But I had no options. Well... none that were good.

The first option -- I could jump off of that balcony and be put out of my misery. Not an option. I was the heir to my family's whole kingdom and I didn't want to die.

The second option -- I could just tell my family and the Harlow family I don't want to marry Kane. Not a good option because my parents would force me to marry him anyway.

The third option -- I could run away. No, I couldn't, I had nowhere to go. I was raised in a castle, I would never survive by myself outside.

The fourth option -- I could tell my parents I wanted to marry Sara. They would not be happy. They would probably make me marry Kane anyway.

I couldn't think of any good outcomes.

I sighed, standing up and going over to lean on the edge of the balcony. 

I looked out at the scenery. The moon and stars. There was a lake off in the distance and seeing the moonlight shining off of the water was very beautiful. 

Not as beautiful as Sara, though. 

Oh my god. Why couldn't I get her out of my goddamn head? I was totally in love yet I couldn't even talk to her.

I tensed as I heard heels clicking, getting closer to me.

Was it my mom coming to yell at me for leaving the ball? That was the last thing I needed...

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know anyone was up here."

I turned around and saw the girl tormenting my mind standing right in front of me.

My anxiety flew through the roof, "N-no I'm sorry. I shouldn't be up here, should I? I'll leave..."

She held up her hand, "No, it's okay. These parties can be a bit much, I'm up here to take a break too."

She gave me a small smile and walked towards the railing, gently setting her hands on the rail, her straight posture never faltering.

Remembering I was slouched over the railing like an ape, I quickly fixed my posture, folding my hands in front of me.

She glanced at me and giggled. I almost fell over at how cute it sounded.

She smiled at me again, a genuine smile, "Slouch all you want, I won't tell, I swear."

I smiled weakly, "Ok."

I slouched back, only a little bit, and leaned on the railing again.

I tried my best to keep my focus on the scenery, to keep myself from accidentally staring at the angel beside me.

We stood in a somewhat uncomfortable silence for a little while before I saw her look at me from the corner of my eye.

She hesitated for a second before speaking, "You seem upset. May I ask what's wrong?"

I looked down at the sleeves of my dress and felt some tears well up in my eyes.

"You don't need to tell me if you don't want to, it's okay. You're Ella Langston, right?"

I looked back up into her beautiful blue eyes and nodded.

She smiled, "I'm Sara Harlow."

"You have a beautiful home."

"Thank you, I believe so too. Are you enjoying the ball?"

I nodded and put a fake smile on, "Yes, I am."

She laughed a little and walked over to the bench to sit down, "You don't need to lie. I'm not having a great time, myself."

I dropped my fake smile and sat down next to her, "Why?"

She waved her hand, dismissing the topic, "We don't need to get into my boring troubles. What's bothering you? A beautiful princess like yourself should be having fun at a ball."

I smiled and blushed a little bit, "Um it's something I found out today."

She looked at me expectantly but not like she was pushing, "I am arranged to marry your brother, Kane, in a week. To be frank, I don't want to marry him. I have no interest in him."

She nodded in understanding, "I would be upset too. Arranged marriages are never good. You need to be in love with whoever you marry. And you must have a choice."

"Yeah... and I have feelings for someone else. I could never be the bride he wants. I could never have children with him."

"Who's the lucky bachelor?" She asked with a smile.

I blushed and looked down at my hands in my lap.

"Bachelorette?"

My face went even redder and I saw her smile widely out of the corner of my eye, "Aw that's sweet."

I laughed, "I could never be with her. For many reasons."

"And why is that?"

"My parents wouldn't allow it. She doesn't feel the same about me. And I'm too much of a wimp to say anything."

"Your parents can't control your life forever. You never know, she may have feelings for you too. And you are not a wimp, you're just shy. I get that too."

I smiled and looked back into her eyes, "Thank you."

She smiled back, "No problem."

I looked back down to my hands in my lap and we sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes.

"So when are you gonna make a move on her?"

I laughed, "Probably never. As I said, I'm too scared. And I'm supposed to marry her broth-"

I slapped my hands over my mouth and muttered, "Shit."

I immediately stood up and turned my back to the door, slowly walking backward, "I'm so sorry. I'll... I'll just go back downstairs now."

I turned around and took a step to leave but I felt a hand on my arm lightly pull me back.

I turned around and she was right there, only a few inches from my face.

She was smiling and looking deeply into my eyes. She was so close to me, that I couldn't help but stare at her beautiful smile. It took me a minute before I realized how plump and glossy her lips were and how badly I wanted to kiss her.

I looked back into her eyes and blushed when I realized she was watching me stare at her lips. My face got even hotter when I watched her eyes moving down to my lips as well.

It felt like time was frozen and nothing could come in between us. Nothing could knock us out of this trance we were both in.

Looking into each other's eyes one last time, she finally leaned in and closed the gap between our lips.

I started kissing back immediately, too much in heaven to think about any possible consequences. 

She let go of my arm and put her arms around my neck while I put my arms around her waist, pulling her closer. There was no tongue involved in the kiss but it was very passionate and filled with love and desire.

When we pulled apart, I laughed, "I've wanted to do that for so fucking long."

She laughed too, "Someone's got a potty mouth."

"Wanna fix it for me?" I asked in a flirty voice.

She giggled and pecked my lips, "You're cute."

I blushed, "You're beautiful."

"You're glorious."

"You're magnificent."

"I love you," she said suddenly.

We both blushed but we were smiling like crazy.

I hugged her, "I love you too."

**

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I have two choices. Do this or marry your brother, when I'd much rather marry you. I'm pretty damn sure I want to do this."

She smiled and kissed my cheek, "As long as you're ready, my love. Let's go."

And with that, we walked hand in hand over to where both of our parents were talking near the foot of the main staircase.

"Um, excuse me. Mother? Father?" I hated calling them that but I had to when we were in public.

All four of them stopped talking and looked at me, making me pale in nervousness a little bit. Sara squeezed my hand reassuringly though, so I felt better.

"I'd like to tell you all something."

"What is it, dear?" My mother asked.

Both sets of parents were looking at us curiously -- ignoring our hands.

I took a deep breath, "I cannot marry Kane."

They all spluttered and my mom looked ready to explode, "What?"

"I cannot marry him when I'm in love with someone else. And they feel the same way about me."

"And just who, may I ask, is that?" King Harlow asked, looking at me with a frustrated expression.

Sara unlinked our hands and put her arm around my waist, "Me."

They all looked at us like we were crazy. So to make it better, I smiled and kissed her cheek, making her smile and blush.

"Respectfully, I don't see a problem with it. We are in love, and it will still connect the two families."

Queen Harlow suddenly smiled, "I see no problem with it either."

The other three parents looked at her like she was crazy, "Pardon me, my lady, but how is this not a problem?" My mom asked incredulously.

"Just as Miss Ella said -- they are still both a part of our families and it will connect us in a way. Just as we wanted."

"And we are in love," Sara added.

Her mother waved it off, "Yes yes, that too."

Eventually, all of the other parents agreed and we changed the marriage arrangements. 

It was going to be on the same day, but instead of Kane and me, it will be Sara and me.

We were going to get to live happily ever after.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 475 14
These are short story chapters filled with spicy, delicious, hot pure GIRL on GIRL smut/imagines. (fictional characters used) wow i really need to to...
204 0 9
Another oneshot book because I don't think I'll be writing a story just yet so, deal with what I provide you. I meant that will all respect... :) Als...
42K 759 10
school delinquent and a lil hippie girl !wlw! 2nd book out now :D
5.2K 227 5
Five stories about finding love at the right and wrong times #FirstStory: "SO IN LOVE" - - A light-hearted story of crushes developed through mutual...