The Twisted Gift

By Joshuas_Space

The ability of the mind is an endless supply of power. It can be used for good, or for bad. This unique power... More

Synopsis
First Day
Problems at Home
Almost Fatal
Looking for the Unknown
Training
Falling Toward Nowhere
The True Power
More Than Friends
The Deadly Game
Twists And Turns
The New Recruit
Playing Catch Up
Old Faces
Only Three Will Know
Asleep and Awake
More Lies

Turning Points

192 18 12
By Joshuas_Space

"Mrs. Fondane, I know that it is very unlikely that I will become known...Yes I know...Mmm Hmm... I understand tha-... Can you at least give me a chance? I will do whatever it takes... Yes, I know everyone says that, but I am not everyone, I am Casady... I know, sorry... So you'll give it a look?... Okay, thank you so much for this opportunity!...I understand... Bye."

Casady flips the phone shut and jumps for joy. Actually jumps. The shy girl that has a hard time talking, that always sits in the back of the class, jumps for joy! Well, that is certainly different. As if also noticing this, She looks around in embarrassment, and runs to the library, her escape.

She takes the seat that everyone skips, the one that no one sees. It's behind a few rows of books, on the side, at the end of an isle. She takes her seat next to her favorite book's by her favorite author's. The only other person that knows this is where she will be is Beverly. She decides to text Beverly to meet there.

Within minutes Beverly rushes over to where Casady is sitting.

"Hey" Casady says excitedly.

"Hey, what's up?" Beverly asks curiously.

"Well, I was talking to one of the publishers that I emailed,"

"And?"

"Well, she said that I might have a shot at getting published! She said that she loved the excerpt that I sent in, and that she would like me to send her the entire book. I can't believe that I might have a chance like this!"

"Is it legit?"

"Well, of course it is, it's scholastics!"

"What?!" Beverly practically screams, making everyone in the library 'Shush' her.

"I told you that this was an incredible chance!"

"Yeah, but, scholastics?"

"I know. You can't tell anyone though. Not a sole."

"How come?"

"Well, my parent's won't let me, and everyone else can't know. I'm not ready to come out of my shell"

"Well, that's what being famous is all about."

"I know but still, hey did I ever even tell you what it's about?"

"Now that I think about it, no you didn't. So tell me Miss. famous Casady, what is it about?"

"Well, I guess you will have to wait and see." She says lagging a smirk onto her face.

"Come on Casady! you have to tell me, I'm your best friend!"

"Fine! The book is about someone who lives, someone who is not like myself. It's about a girl who stands up for herself and what is right."

"Hmm... sounds interesting. I think I might have to read this book."

"You better!"

After Casady finish's her sentence they start laughing hysterically. Which is why the librarian makes them go outside. Which happens to be perfect timing cause third period is about to begin. They both make their way to their classes.

Casady's mind is anywhere but her calculus class. It was on Mrs. Fondane and her family. She had promised her sister that she would check out different apartments and talk with the police. That was going to be interesting!

Her thoughts began to consume her and before she knew it, it was already lunch time. She walked over to Beverly's and her spot.

"I...Uh...Need to go to the computer lab."

"Oh okay, I'll come with."

Well, it's kinda personal."

"Please? I can help you."

"Fine"

"So what do you need to do in the computer lab?" Beverly asks as they walk into the computer lab where no on else is.

"I need to look for apartments."

"What?"

"I want to move out with my sister. It's getting worse."

"I understand. If you need anything let me know."

"I will."

After half an hour of looking, Casady finally found the perfect apartment. It wasn't too high, at least compared to the others. The only problem with her plan is that she needs her book to get published so she can have some sort of income. The bell rings and they both exit the computer lab after logging out.

"Casady?" The librarian calls as they are about to exit.

"Yes Mrs. Goldonsin?"

"You are looking for an apartment?"

*sigh* "Yes?"

"Well, I don't know exactly what you are looking for but my friend has a back house about eight minutes from the school. She is looking for someone who needs it. The best part is that it is not super expensive."

"Really?! that's great!"

"I know that it is none of my business, but do you mind me asking why you are looking to move out?"

"Well-" the warning bell rings and Beverly dismisses herself,"-my dad has been getting worse. My sister and I are wanting to move out together."

"I see. I can help you with everything if you want."

"Thanks you so much!"

"Casady, I am always here for you, just like you were there for me." This plants a sad smile on both if their faces. With that the late bell rings, yet they both still ignore it.

"I don't know what I would do without you Mrs. Goldonsin." Casady states with a single year running down get face.

Mrs. Goldonsin is a mother figure to Casady, and has been for her whole life at high school. As a freshman, Casady was always in the library and they both got to know each other more. One day Mrs. Goldonsin came to school in years because her husband left her, that was when Casady helped her to come out of a dark stage.

"Well, you, Casady, better get to class! Here is a note."

"Thank you so much"

"Your welcome. Come see me after school and we can continue our conversation."

"Okay, I'll see you after school."

Casady rushes to her next class. She is ten minutes late. Her head was racing, if she could get this back house her life would be perfect! The remaining two classes felt like a few seconds to her.

"Where are you going?" Beverly asks Casady as Casady starts walking toward the library.

"I'm going to talk to Mrs. Golonsin."

"Oh, okay. Well, I need to be home ASAP so I will see you tomorrow!"

"Okay, walk safely"

"Haha, no promises."

"Hey Casady."

"Hey"

"Give me just a second while I close up."

"Here, let me help you."

"Thanks!"

"Thank you for helping me."

"That's what friends are for sweetie. So how are you planning on moving out with you sister? in order to do anything like that by law, you have to have proof of physical abuse."

"Well, he doesn't physically abuse us, it's more verbal. However, he does abuse my mom physically."

"Well, if you want I could call up one of my friends who works at the police station to see what he thinks."

"That would be great!"

"Okay, I will let you know what he says tomorrow."

"Thank you so much! I will see you tomorrow."

When Casady arrives home it is deathly quit. This never happens. She finds her sister in her room and her parents are no where in sight.

"Where are mom and dad?" Casady asks.

"They are meeting with some lawyer."

"What? They are getting a divorce?"

"Yes."

Casady and her sister fall asleep before their parents even get home. They get home at eleven o'clock at night. It's obvious that they are home because they are having a heated conversation.

-TTG-

Casady slowly wakes up, against her will. She blinks a few times, allowing her eyes to focus. She has absolutely no idea where she is. It takes her a full five minutes for her to finally realize that she is in her own bedroom. Her head is pounding, as if something was on the inside of it, banging a hammer, trying to escape. Casady slowly stands on her feet, and she immediately falls toward the ground, passing out cold.

About about thirty minutes, she wakes up again. Her head still pounding, she tries to stand again. Rising from the floor, she glances at her watch. Forgetting about her head ache, she closes her eyes, wishing that she was already dressed and ready for school. When she opens her eyes, she walked over to closet to find clothes for today. She grabs a gray shirt with a simple, but elegant design. As she starts putting it on, she feels that there are already clothes on her. She is already wearing clothes for school. She is utterly confused because five minutes ago, she was in her pajamas. She examined herself, and noticed that she is already wearing makeup and had done everything she does to get ready for school.

"What the hell" She spoke out loud.

How could she be in bed one minute and dressed the next? She looks around in complete confusion when her phone rings. She practically jumps at the sound.

"Hello?" Casady says.

"Hey Casady. Are you coming?"

"Yeah, sorry. I'll be there in a sec."

"K bye"

Casady tries to forget about it while she walks toward Beverly. They silently walk to school and enter their first class, English. Casady and Beverly sit down next to each other, while Casady wants to see if what happened earlier will happen again.

She closes her eyes and wishes that the teachers computer turned on, while she was talking, and played 'Marry Me' by train, on max volume. When she opened her eyes, she looked directly at the teacher watching her lips move. Five seconds later, the teachers computer turned on full blast playing Marry Me.

"What in the world?" the teacher says rushing over to her computer to shut it off as the entire class erupts with laughter.

So it's not just a coincidence or random. Something is going on and Casady wants to find out. For now, though, she has to realize that she cannot wish or think of anything, for her safety, and for others.

Casay can barely keep it together. She has no idea what in the world is going on. She doesn't even know if she's dangerous or not. She ruffles through her dark blue backpack in search for her writing notepad. Once she finds it, she rips it open to a blank page and starts writing everything down, detail by detail, furiously. She is so on edge that even other class mates start to notice her. Her hands start shaking and her head starts pounding. She doesn't know what going on and it is killing her. Finally, her entire body is shaking and she drops her pen.

"Are you okay?" The teacher asks.

Before Casady can answer, she falls off her chair into a seizer. After only fifteen seconds she passes out. Everyone surrounds her, some of the students take out their phones and take photos of her. A minute later, the school nurse rushes in, yelling at everyone to get out of her way. She picks Casady up and holds her like a baby. The teacher re-gains the class' attention and she continues with her lesson. All except for one person switches her attention. Beverly's hand shoots up, into the air.

"Yes Beverly?"

"I need to go to the bathroom." She lies.

"Go right ahead."

The instant Beverly gets out of the classroom she runs to the nurses office, only to see an ambulance pull up. She runs to the nurse and begs to be allowed to go with Casady. She climbs in the ambulance and sits down next to a silent Casady. The whole ride is filled with nurses doing tests and putting needles into Casady. Beverly just sits there, starring at a blank face, silently asking her to wake up.

When they get to the nearest hospital, Casady is rushed into an isle, and taken away into a room. Beverly tries to keep up, but eventually gets turned around.

"Where did they just take the girl that came from the high school?" She asks the closest nurse to her.

"This way, I will take you."

"Thank you so much!"

"Do you know her?"

"Yes, her name is Casady. I'm her best friend, Beverly."

"Well, it is nice to meet you Beverly, and I hope Casady is okay."

"Thanks."

"Okay, she is right through there."

"Okay, thank you."

She slowly walks up to where Casady is laying. She takes a seat next to her, watching the heart monitor. It stays steady, going up and down. She takes her mind off of the heart monitor and turns her attention toward Casady.

"Please wake up Casady! I need you" She says in a hushed tone, allowing tears to fill up her eyes.

Out of nowhere, the heart monitor starts beeping like mad. The numbers start to fall as her heart beat decreases. Within seconds, the room is filled with Doctors and Nurses. Beverly soon realizes that she was shoved out of the room. When she tries to re-enter, they shut the door and close the blinds. She is left there, all alone in the white isle. Beverly slides down the shiny wall into a sitting position and starts to cry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 930 33
Dangerous new players are entering the battle between the Supers and their enemy, an organization seeking power and absolute control. Now, Ivy and th...
2.4K 111 102
Six high school students looks like anyone else acts like anyone else but are capable of things no one else is. They learnt from a young age no one t...
233 35 19
There are a million possibilities. Possibilities that we don't get to travel. Possibilities that we don't get to see. Possibilities that can cause ev...
766 42 21
From an orphan to adopted and to a brother who was kidnapped, Fiera didn't think she would have to experience any more hardships. When one day she se...