before the storm / bucky barn...

By defensively

"You know, for a Stark, you're not as annoying as I imagined." "You've imagined things about me, Barnes?" "Oh... More

cast
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
a lil check in!
014
015
Tony Stark has gone missing
016
017
018
I don't care if she's my kid or if she's Batman's kid. She's not safe.
019
020
021
022
023
024
its q&a time!
025
026
027
028
029
Discovering the Truth
030
q&a answers !
031
a little stepping off note
i. Aftermath
ii. Rest Now
iii. To Hear Your Voice Once More
headcanons

032

40.5K 1.1K 1.9K
By defensively

          I can only sit and listen as gunshots echo through the vents and up the halls. I swear I could've just heard Steve's voice, too.

I tug and pull at my restraints but it only causes my skin to become more tender and bruised. I can feel the flesh peeling away from it with every tug, God it burns.

There's only one thought going through my mind right now. And it's I hope to the Heaven and Hells that Bucky didn't fucking come.

There's really not much to do right now but wait. Hope that no one gets hurt in the crossfire. Hope I get out of here in one piece. Hope I get out at all.

But that's all out of my control now.

"She could be in any one of these cells!" I hear my Father's voice from mere corridors away and the sound of it makes me choke down a sob.

I begin screaming, despite the pain it takes to do so, in hopes he can hear me. I doubt it, though, Hydra isn't stupid. The room is probably sound-proofed.

I hear guns firing, I hear Dad's suit whirring as it shoots and I hear Steve's shield being hit up against steel.

All sounds too far away for me to know if I'll be okay.

I begin to tug at the metal forged around my wrists and ankles as I plead, glancing up at the cameras nestled in the corner of the room, to whoever is sadistic enough to listen.

My wrists burn and ache as I twist and turn them in the restraints, but that doesn't stop me from pulling at them with as much strength that my weakened physique will allow.

My breath hitches in my throat as I see Bucky's arm stalk past the small window and that's when I begin screaming my boyfriend's name so loud I feel like I'm about to pass out.

I can feel my face go red as tears form in my eyes, understanding he may not see me.

That was until I watch him punch vigorously at the door until it dramatically swings open.

I lurch forward in my chair in an attempt to get as close to him as I possibly can while he sprints up to me, kneeling down to my level as I sob violently into his shoulder.

I don't say anything as Bucky tugs at my binds forcefully in an attempt to get them off.

"They're magnetic or something," I sniffle, finally looking into the eyes of the man I love and have been longing for over my tiresome month deprived of him.

Bucky only nods, his eyes grazing over my face for a second as his chest heaves up and down quickly.

"This might hurt, okay?" Bucky's left hand encloses the binding that is clasped around my right wrist, his other hand making it's way to my face and I just nod.

"Do whatever you need to," I quickly respond, refusing to take my eyes off of him.

"Oh my God," Bucky breaths out before pressing his lips to mine, his right hand softly pawing at my cheek as his left hand forcefully tugs and pulls at the bind securing my right hand to the seat.

We abruptly pull away from the kiss as the bind shatters, making me jump and lift my hand, now free, to grasp at Bucky's shoulder.

"You're here," I exhale shakily, running my hand hungrily across the side of his face and threading my fingers in his hair, that has grown a considerable amount since the last time I saw him.

"Your hair's grown back," I choke out as a great, genuine smile takes over my features and tears streak down my cheeks.

"Just a little bit," Bucky's eyes stay boring into mine as he attempts to shatter the other bind.

"You have a sister," Bucky brings up, wiping my tears from my cheeks. My lips, still trembling, turn up into a big smile.

I'm about to open my mouth and ask her name, but Bucky beats me to it.

"Her name's Morgan," Bucky says as the other bind shatters around my wrist about without another thought I throw my arms around him and begin sobbing into his shoulder.

I can barely let another word out and I know that Bucky needs to get me out of here as quick as possible so, after I reluctantly pull away from the tight embrace that I've been longing for over the past month, I kiss him tenderly before letting him do his thing.

"Just two more and we can go, alright Doll?"

I nod at him as he attempts to shatter my ankle binds.

"You feeling okay?"

"All this adrenaline isn't sitting well with my malnutrition," I laugh softly, bringing my hands to my temples as I begin to feel very lightheaded. Bucky looks up at me solemnly, lovingly, before turning his attention back to my ankles.

The secured door slams behind Bucky just as my left bind shatters on the floor.

"Nice to see you again, Barnes," the speaker in the corner of the room is on, and Rumlow's voice fills the room.

"Can't say the same about this place," Bucky sneers back, angling his head upwards. He quickly hoists himself up off of the floor to open the door again – but it doesn't budge.

"Bucky?" I question as I attempt to pull my leg out of the bind as he begins punching at the door.

"Желание, pжавый..."

"Bucky..." My voice catches in my throat as I watch his left hand clench into a fist and Rumlow's words bounce around the room.

"Семнадцать..."

He quickly whips around and grasps onto the remaining bind – an immense amount of force he shatters it around my ankle and with it, unknowingly presses down harshly on the open wound there.

I hiss softly at the sudden pressure as Bucky lips tremble, terrified of the words echoing across the room. Despite the immense fear coursing through his veins, he still looks at me with furrowed eyebrows and a sorrowful look.

"Рассвет..."

"I'm sorry – we need to go, now," Bucky apologises before turning his attention back to the door, throwing his fists at it with all he has as I still struggle to stand upright.

"Печь..."

I refuse to make my pain known to Bucky, my hands wrapped around the arms of the silver chair as I attempt to get myself standing upright.

"Девять..."

Bucky has merely formed a crack in the glass and I watch as his breathing becomes more and more shaky as the seconds tick by.

"Добросердечный..."

"Bucky, I love you," I reassure him faintly as that is all my weakened capacity will allow, my speech becoming shaky as my eyes well up with tears yet again.

"Возвращение на родину..."

If we can't get out of here before they stop talking they will make him kill me.

"Один..."

"I love you... I love you so much," I sob out, as Bucky begins throwing him whole body against the door as his hands shake beyond his control. His head harshly hitting the steel door in a probable attempt to knock himself out cold before the trigger words affect him.

"Грузовой вагон."

Bucky's posture then straightens and the room becomes eerily silent, the sounds of those fighting beyond the door diminishing as a stranger that takes Bucky's face turns to look at me.

"Bucky..." I choke out as I give up, sitting myself down on the chair in defeat as he paces towards me.

"С возвращением, солдат," I can hear Rumlow's shit-eating grin from over the sound system, and the very thought of him getting off to this shit makes me want to shoot him all over again.

"Готовы соблюдать." The man in front of me drones, as if a robot.

Bucky is looking down at me as I uncontrollably sob up at him. As I analyse his now monotone features, I notice the glistening of drying tears that follows down his cheeks and curves under his chin.

"You're a fucking coward, Rumlow!" I scream between sobs. "Kill me yourself, you fucking coward!" My voice goes hoarse as I stare directly into the camera and kick my legs frantically. My eyes drift from the barely noticeable camera hidden behind Bucky's shoulder to his blank face that stares right back at me.

"Kill me yourself..." my voice begins to falter as my eyes trail to my legs.

"Please don't make him kill me, please," at this point I feel like I'm talking to myself, my tears falling off of my cheeks and onto the concrete floor as I shake my head softly.

"Give me something and I'll do it myself. Just please... please don't..."

"Солдат, kill her."

"No!" I wail and within seconds Bucky's hands have found their way around my neck and begin pressing down to the point where I'm gasping for air.

"I'm so sorry," I shake my head and bring my shaking hands up to Bucky's face as I profusely apologise.

"This isn't your fault, I forgive you. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry Bucky. I love you. I love you. I love you." I begin repeating myself over and over again. I know the cameras are recording. I know that if Bucky makes it out of here Dad will have these tapes. I need Bucky to know I forgive him. Or I fear he will never forgive himself.

My hands, still resting at either side of his face, are caressing his cheeks and wiping the wet stains left under his eyes. I feel my head becoming lighter and the Winter Soldier's grip tightening around my throat.

I'm caressing his face until my hands go limp at his shoulders and I can no longer hear myself talk.

I'm caressing his face until I can no longer feel the bumps and crevices of his skin under my fingertips. Until I can no longer see his face.

Until I am gone.

fin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 7.2K 33
You love Steve! You really do, that's why you get to call him your boyfriend. But what if Bucky likes you? What if he gets a little aggressive? No. P...
46K 907 20
This is the Prequel to Winter's Widow, I highly suggest you read that story first but if you don't want to that is okay too. You are a Black Widow Su...
432K 11.9K 63
"I want you to know that I care about you, a lot. I don't ever want to see you hurt, and I promise, I am going to do everything in my power to make...