Blood Claim

By AnnabelleBain

Part three of the Anastasia Drakor series. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 11

1 0 0
By AnnabelleBain

"Ana?!" Anders cried,darting up from the chair next to our bed. He stopped short, lookinglike he was afraid to touch me. "I'm not dreaming, am I? You'reback..."

My head shot up to look at him,taking in the changes. His skin was pale and he'd lost weight. Notmuch, but enough I could see it in his cheeks which were now coveredin stubble. His hair was mussed and he had bags under his eyes. "Youhave a beard," I pointed out dully. I couldn't believe I washome. Everything was so bright, it hurt my eyes after all that timein ceaseless darkness.

I squinted at him, adjusting myeyes as he sat down on the bed, staring disbelievingly at me. Hereached out haltingly toward my face and when he hesitated, I grabbedhis hand and pulled it down out of my way so I could lean forward andkiss him. When I pulled away, he gripped me up in a fierce hug. "Ohblimey, you are back." The stubble on his cheek scratched myface but I didn't care. I buried my face next to his as I cried."What happened to you?" He sighed, his arms looseningslightly.

"Balthazar," Iwhispered, half explaining and half writhing as I felt him settlinginto my skin like he was on holiday. I shuddered.

"The demon?" Anderswhispered, cupping my face in his hands and studying my eyes, filledwith so much more than Balthazar's cruel, fake ones.

I nodded, clamping my lips shutand fighting back more tears. I sucked in a ragged breath. "Hewas back for me."

He frowned in concern and asked,"Did he touch you?"

I nodded jerkily, not revealingany more details than, "Once or twice..."

"I need to... Poke around abit, luv. Do you mind?" he asked.

"No," I shook my heademphatically. "Do it please..." Findthat bastard and get rid of him,I prayed silently, closing my eyes.

"Thatta girl." Hesmiled, taking my hands. He took a minute to search my aurathoroughly and I waited with baited breath for him to be thrown backby Balthazar's presence, but when he sighed and rubbed my knucklesgently with his thumbs, I nearly let out a hysterical laugh. "We'reall alone."

Like hell we are!I tried to say, but my lips wouldn't work. Balthazar held me incheck. All I could do was accept his grateful kiss and say, "Myson. I want to see Abram."

"How did you know what Inamed him?" Anders asked.

"I heard you," I said."I could hear everything."

"My goodness." He wasin shock. "Well, that's a bit embarrassing." His smile wasinfectious.

"I've missed you so much,"I said.

"I'll get Abram," hesaid, mussing my hair.

He moved to stand, but I grabbedhis hand. "No, help me up. I want to go to him."

Anders didn't question me, justhelped me stand. My legs were nearly useless, having not been used ingoing on two months, so I leaned heavily on him as we shuffled acrossthe room toward the bassinet where my son slept peacefully, obliviousto everything that had been happening in his world. I stared at himin awe, and finally Anders said, "We certainly make somehandsome children, don't we? He's got your eyes..."

I smiled. "He looks justlike you."

"The first one that didn'tget your hair."

"Or your eyes," Iagreed.

He hugged me close. "I'm sosorry you're only just meeting him."

"I tried so hard to holdon," I said.

"I know, luv. It's okay.You're here now." He sighed.

Until Balthazar decides tohave his way with me,I shuddered as I heard him chuckling from somewhere deep down insideme. I had a feeling his trickery to get inside me was just thebeginning. He was a patient creature. I was staring at Abram as heslept, itching to pick him up and hold him, but not wanting to wakehim.

"Ana," Anders touchedmy chin and turned me to face him. "Did you hear a word I said,luv?"

"I'm sorry," I said,mentally kicking Balthazar and making him shut up. "I'm a bitawestruck. Being back, it's a bit overwhelming."

"I asked if you were goingto call Reif or did you forget him?" he smiled.

I shifted from one foot to theother. "Is he sleeping?"

"I assume so. It's myshift." He shrugged.

I felt around gently to be surehe was asleep, but not pushing so as to wake him. I reveled in thereturn of our connection as I found him asleep in his bed. "He'sasleep," I breathed. I opened my eyes again to look at Anders'."I'd like to surprise him. Do you mind?"

"Of course. Go, do what youhave to. Can you get there alright?" he conceded.

"I think so. Do me a favorwhile I'm gone," I said.

"Anything, darling," hesaid, pulling me into a hug.

"Shave that mess," Ismirked.

"You don't like it?" hepouted jokingly. "I thought it made me look dashing."

"I didn't grow a beard whenyou were kidnapped, me in a coma is no excuse to let yourself go,"I scolded jokingly.

"Point taken," helaughed.

"I promise I'll be back,"I said, touching his cheek.

"It's good to have you back,little warrior," he said as I stumbled toward the door, forcingmy legs to work.

As my legs adjusted, I walkedfaster. I couldn't wait to see Reif. His absence in that place hadbeen like missing one of my limbs. Now that I could feel him again,my skin was agitated and I needed to touch him, to feel him touch me.I opened his door quietly, using all of my stealth skills to getinside and sneak over to his bed.

He lay on his stomach, sprawledout, with no shirt and a sheet barely covering his lower extremities.His beautiful swirling tattoos stood out in stark relief in all thepaleness of his skin and the white of the sheets. My heart soared asI watched him breathe. He was such a sloppy sleeper. I wondered if hewas different when he shared with Stephanie. I knew from experiencehe would pin you down in a heartbeat. The tension my body felt wastoo much to ignore, so I climbed into the bed next to him. "Reif,"I whispered. "Wake up," I pushed my essence toward him.

His eyes flew open. "Stasia?!"he sat up. "How?" he pulled me into a hug. "Lumeamea."

"I broke free," I lied,my brain screaming for me to just tell him about Balthazar. I wincedas he scolded me. NO!

"Are you alright? Whathappened to you?" he wouldn't let go, talking into my ear as myheart raced with the joy of seeing him.

"I was held prisoner in thisawful place. I didn't sleep or eat. All I could do was wander througha bleeding forest with my injuries that refused to heal, thenfinally, he came to me..." I shuddered at the thought of him ashe teasingly caressed inside my skin, reminding me he was stillthere.

"Who, Stasia? Who came toyou?" he asked, finally pulling away to grip my shoulders. Myhands began to tremble.

"Balthazar," Iwhispered.

Reif growled. "Thatparasite! If I ever get my hands on him."

Balthazar laughed out loud insidemy head. If only heknew he already did!"You're hurting me." I cringed at Reif's hands that grippedmy shoulders almost too tightly.

"Nepare raw. He justmakes me so angry." His grip loosened and his hands slid down tomine. Our fingers danced together as he spoke. "Did he hurt you?"

"Healed me actually," Isaid numbly. "Three broken ribs and my palm." I pressed ourpalms together, looking at the size difference.

He linked our fingers and liftedmy hand to kiss it. The move was so similar to when Balthazar hadhealed, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, fighting the urge topull away. "I'm sorry, SalonulSange. I was trying tohelp."

"I know," I touched hischeek and gazed into his beautiful lilac eyes. Reif still had themost beautiful eyes I'd ever seen. "I'm grateful. You never gaveup on me. I could feel you just above the surface, trying to get in.Every night, I felt you, heard your voice." I was crying now.

"I'm glad it was not all fornaught." He sighed in relief. "May I ask how you brokefree?"

I gritted my teeth against thelie. "I don't think I can talk about it."

He frowned at my peculiarphrasing. "What do you mean?"

"I don't want to talk aboutit," I corrected.

"As you wish," he saidslowly, unwilling to accept such a vague response.

"Someday," I said."Maybe..."

"Never mind. You are back."He smiled warmly.

Suddenly, I frowned at him. "Didyou tell Anders it was okay to grow a beard?" I asked.

A soft snort of amusement escapedout his nose. "The man was a wreck. It could not be helped."

I was having trouble focusing onone thing. Balthazar was having a field day rummaging around in mymemories. I could feel him in me like a virus. "Put some pantson, I want to visit Dante. I'm sure he's pretty upset."

Reif nodded. "Of course."He dressed, watching me with one eye at all times. I struggled tolook normal and possession free. Wecouldn't have Reif finding out about Balthazar's presence. Are younuts!? He has to know! My brain cried.

SILENCE!Balthazar yelled when I opened my mouth to speak.

I cringed, cowering in a darkcorner of my mind, my conscience easily cowed by the oppressivepresence of the demon. Reif saw the slight tensing of my muscles andcame over to stand in front of me. "Are you sure you're okay,Stasia?" he lifted my chin to look at him.

I nodded and smiled. "Just...Remembering..." I adjusted his collar.

"Come, Dante misses hismother terribly." He held his hand out.

I took it and as we walked, Ipressed my body to his, enjoying the hard press of his muscles."Thanks to you and Anders, I was never alone," I saidquietly.

"I was so terrified we wouldlose you. Being unable to feel the gentle caress of your mind insidemine was something I never wish to experience again," headmitted.

"I know the feeling. It wasso cold without you," I described.

"Lifeless." he sighedheavily. "I am glad Stephanie did not have to see me so empty."

"When do you think she andStefan will return?" I asked.

His shrug was slow. "I trulycannot say, though I do not think Stefan will stray very long fromHenry."

"He knows Daeron and Wenwill take good care of him," I said.

"He was extremely concernedfor your well being. It was quite touching to be honest," Reifmused.

"Stefan is very protectiveof me, always has been. I suppose it's a duty thing." I sighed.

"He still cares deeply foryou," Reif said.

"Don't remind me." Wereached Dante's room and Reif hovered by the door while I crept in tokneel by his bed.

His joy was marked as he flunghimself at me after rubbing the sleep from his eyes and realizing whoI was. No explanations were needed about what happened or how I wasback, just barely contained excitement and an endless stream of nineyear old babble. I held him in my lap, hugging him and laughing as herambled.

"I thought I might find youhere," Anders said coming in past Reif who gave him a smile andpat on the back. He cradled Abram in his arms. "Look who woke upand wanted to meet his mama."

I smiled as Anders approached andsat next to me and Dante. He transferred Abram to my arms as Dantescooted out of the way. I breathed a sigh of relief as I hugged myson to me for the first time. "Hi Abram," I cooed, rockinghim. He smiled up at me and I couldn't help the happy tears that fellto mingle with my smile.

"Look at that smile,"Anders grinned. "He's going to be a heartbreaker."

"Just like his da," Isaid, still looking disbelievingly at him.

Anders put a loving arm aroundme, his hand rubbing up and down my arm. It was a long time before hemoved. I basked in my family and Reif's presence not far off. He'dleft with a loving, welcomeback, Stasia in myhead when Anders arrived. I watched my son slowly fall back to sleepin my arms and Dante nodded off with his head on my lap.

Finally, Anders squeezed myshoulder and stood. I looked up at him and he pointed silently fromme to him then to the door. I nodded and he lifted Dante up so Icould slip away. When he stirred, Anders whispered, "Go back tosleep, bugger." He kissed his forehead. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 110 41
REWRITE IS UP NOW ANd is way better seriously. Taking a shortcut was the most life-changing decision Rosalie had ever made. One large demon cat later...
1.1K 112 20
Bella and Edward are back along with the kids. what happens next and will they get married? Read to find out.
1.2K 47 11
Come a follow the journey of Hellsing and Integra's daughter Nikita
15 0 7
Part 3 of the Squire series. Rohea and Maes try to unravel the identity of the dark practitioner and put an end to him/her.