Seeing Red: Book 1 Of The Mor...

By CJ_Brown_Pen

**Mature Readers Only ( 18+ )** Book 1 of the Moretti series- Remi Bennett grew up with her mother an a handf... More

Covers
From CJ
Ch. 1- Remi
Ch 2- Micah
Ch 3- Remi
Ch 4- Micah
Ch 5- Remi
Ch 6- Micah
Ch 7- Remi
Ch 8- Micah
Ch 9- Remi
Ch 10- Micah
Ch 11- Remi
Ch 12- Micah
Ch 13- Remi
Ch 14- Micah
Ch 15- Remi
Ch 16- Remi
Ch 17- Micah
Ch 18 - Remi
Ch 19 - Micah
Ch 20 - Remi
Ch 21- Micah
Ch 22- Remi
Ch 24 - Remi
Bonus Material - Alternate section to Ch 17.

Ch 23 - Micah

11.9K 467 33
By CJ_Brown_Pen

'I can't do this.' Her voice played over and over in my head. 'I'm sorry. I can't do this.'  My legs filled with lead and I watched her leave. 

I'd never been one to chase after women. I had no problem with women. Not until Remi. She changed everything. 

My brain had been shocked but I could feel it tell me to get up! Move! Go after her, but I couldn't move. Torez found me and knew instantly that something was wrong. Without a word he sat across from me and waited. He would have seen Remi leave but said nothing.

"I fucked up," I felt I needed to say something. I didn't even know if I had actually fucked up, but it felt like it.

"What happened?" His question was soft-spoken. If anyone else on my staff asked that, I would have shut them down, but Torez and I had worked together since the beginning. 

"I don't even know." I chanced a glance up at him. His lips were pursed and his eyes were understanding.

"You told her about her ex, right?" When I nodded, he cocked his head to the side and continued, "Maybe she just needs to absorb the information. She is still new to your life."

"Yeah... I'm more worried that she will run, full speed, in the opposite direction." The confession was like a bolt to the chest. I physically hurt.

"Stop thinking about it like that. She'll come around. You guys are like no other couple I've ever..." I tuned him out as my phone buzzed.

Lexi:

Idk wtf you did but

she's coming here.

"Boss?"

"Give me a min, I need to make a call."  As silent as he came, he left.

The call went straight to voice mail. "Babe, I'm not sure what I've done, but please let me know you're safe." I ended the call and dialed Lex. The phone rang once before she picked up.

"Don't," she answered.

"Lex, what did she say?"

"Don't!"

"Please, I need to know. Did she say anything to you?" I felt like I was begging with her to find out something, anything, about why Remi left.

"All she said was that she wanted to come for a visit. She sounded upset. She didn't tell me shit." There was silence. I had nothing to say, then she spoke again, "What happened?"

"Through connections, I got Ben locked up. I thought she would be happier if I didn't kill him. They have history. Good or bad, they still had a history."

"Wait! Did you fucking talk to her before you used your.. Shit! You didn't call Gia, did you?" Her question was smack to the face and I grimaced.

"I did and no, I didn't talk to Remi before I made the decision to call Gia."

"You fucking idiot! What the fuck is the rest of your family going to say?"

"They don't need to know."

"Yeah, well hope she doesn't show her face in the next 24 hours."

"Why's that?"

"Nero is there."

"What! Why is he here?"

"Something about a girl who was being mistreated. He was flying up to get her."

"Shit!"

"Yeah, tú no crees." (You don't think.)

"There shouldn't be any reason either one would be anywhere near each other. She is already heading out to Baltimore."

"You're an idiot."

"Please just make sure Remi is safe while she is with you."

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT!" She shouted into my ear. "She is one of my best friends, nothing is happening to her, period! You included! If she chooses to leave you, Micah, you will accept it. She needs her time to deal. She needs time to think. Whatever her decision is, I will push her to talk to you, because you deserve to have that, but you need to respect her decision. Hear me?"

"Yeah," but it wasn't that simple. 

In my head, I knew I had to accept her decision either way. I just prayed that it was in my favor. Wrapping up my conversation with Lexi, I started putsing through my office. I needed to get a few last orders in before we opened the club. I needed to make sure that the bars were getting stocked with what they needed.

As if on cue, Torez opened the door with a folder. "One of the dancers just called, she just found out she is pregnant and isn't interested in the job anymore." Handing me the folder, it was the other girls we had interviewed for the position. "Pick one, I'll call her. The lighting is finished. We are missing two of our top-shelf liquors orders, I will contact their sales reps and make them pay for a rush order. I already talked to the distributor, he will be delivering the kegs on Wednesday. The inspector will be here on Thursday. DJ Kik'it will be here on Friday to inspect what we have, she said she would bring anything else she needed."

"Wow, thank you, Jamie." He had caught me completely off guard. I didn't usually use his first name unless we were in a much more casual setting. I was still his boss and I still respected the fuck out of him.

"There is absolutely nothing you need to worry about here. Go home, boss. Get your head right and I'll check in later. Do you want me to call you a masseuse?"

"Nah, but are you sure?"

"Of course! I helped you get Club Caress out of its shitty shape and this isn't even a strip club. You and I both know you don't work well when you're not thinking about work."

"I guess I've been a pretty bad boss, lately." I looked down at the resumes and picked the one I'd written the most notes. She was a former Washington DC ballerina and had been working her own studio. Looking for extra income, she wanted something that wouldn't pull her from her day job.

"No, not a bad boss. Distracted, yes, but not bad. Since you two got serious, you've been happier than I've seen in a long time." He was trying to make me feel better, but it was barely helping. I handed him the resume with my interview notes and closed the folder. "Don't worry too much. I have a feeling that she will be back. Now get out of here. Let me and the guys take care of the finishing touches."

I arched an eyebrow but said nothing. I knew they would handle it. I needed to clear my head. "Yeah, okay. Thanks."

On my way out, I tried calling Remi, but the call went straight to voice mail, again. The sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach wasn't going anywhere. I hated this. I only knew where she was going because of Lexi, so I made a call to Luca to keep his eyes and ears open. More than likely, Alexis would stash her away and let Remi decide when she was ready, but I knew my cousins would help if they were able. 

I was thankful that my bar at home was fully stocked. I needed to numb the pain.

*

"Shit!" 

Not many people had keys to my place, but I knew the voice. The last voice I heard before leaving the club, and he didn't come alone.

"Boss? Micah? Come on man, you need to get up. This shit isn't good for your liver."

No shit. I thought to myself. After the first 24 hours of Remi being gone, multiple failed attempts to talk to her, and several calls to Lex, Nero, Luca, and Makenzie with the same line: 'give her time,' I had decided to make my pain go away with the easiest way I knew how: blackout drunk.  

Feeling the neck of the bottle in my hand, I knew it was whiskey. As Torez shook me, my foot hit an empty glass bottle, probably the bourbon. Peering at him through swollen lids, I could see Hendrix was the other person with us. 

"Come on, get up. We need you to be straight. Opening night is two nights away. We need you," he paused to really look at me," "coherent, at least, and clean!"

I had worn loose shorts and a tank because I hadn't been expecting anyone. I felt so defeated. She hadn't mentioned anything to anyone, or they weren't telling me if she did, and she was blocking my calls.

Hendrix found a trash bag and started cleaning. He made a side comment about calling a maid service to help, but I knew he was partially joking.

Torez helped me to my feet, got me into the shower, and had laid out fresh clothes. Nothing fancy but clean. 

After clearing some of the haze, we were able to sit down and talk about the next days, leading up to the club's opening night. All of the VIP booths had been booked and we were bringing up a handful of girls from Miami to help with bottle services. It was going to be a crazy weekend.

These kinds of openings were something I loved! The entire atmosphere is different on the opening night of a new club, and this was mine. I'd wanted this. I'd been planning this. The problem was, I wasn't hyped. I wasn't excited. 

I was more than willing to pull my head out of my ass long enough to shake hands, make my presence known, and make sure both nights go smoothly. It was my responsibility and my name associated with it. I had to.

With a promise to be there, I tried calling Remi one last time. I had monologued an entire conversation in my head. I knew what I wanted to say to her if she answered. She didn't.

"Remi, it is tearing me up that I don't know what is going on. I know you're in Florida, so I'm guessing you're with Lex and Kenz." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I was tired of watching my hand shake. "Please find it in your heart to talk to me. Baby girl, I'm dying over here. I just want to hear your voice and know you're okay." I needed another breath. It seemed my lungs were as sore as my heart, but I  needed her to know, but the words didn't come. What if it scared her off. 

Ending the call, I tossed the phone on the coffee table and sat up. Trying to think of shit I could do to fill the time between then and the opening. I needed a shave. I'd start there and make my way to the opening.

*

My phone buzzed in my pocket as I met and greeted some of the bigger names who were in attendance. Making my rounds and personally welcoming the VIP patrons.

"Nice work, the club looks amazing. Happy to do business with you in the future, Micah." Charlie Hittle had made his appearance. It was good to have him see the final product of what his crew was able to put together.

Finally having a moment to myself, I pulled my phone out.

Nero:

BTW we landed 2 hrs ago

With some confusion, I didn't have time to respond before a pink-haired cocktail waitress approached asking about how to book future reservations. The staff we had brought in from Miami knew how we ran our bottle services and how to book reservations, but the newer staff was struggling to keep up. 

After resolving a computer glitch with Torez, helping the staff find one of the top-shelf liquors that had been misplaced, and checking in with DJ Kik'it I finally had time to snag a drink.

"Micah?" Above the thumping of the music, the shrill shouts from a group of nearby women, I heard her. Was I imagining it? Hearing things? Time slowed as I turned. 

If it were possible, she was more stunning than any of the time we had spent together. Looking at her there in the club was like drinking crisp cool water after crawling through the driest desert.

It was clear that Lex had gone shopping with her. The dress she was wearing was not Remi's style, but she looked damn good in it. 

Red

Red and strappy. Showing way too much skin and emphasizing her curves.

My dick jumped as a slow smile crept along her beautiful lips. That's a good sign! A smile, that's a good sign! I felt out of my mind looking at her. It was too soon to know, but relief flooded me.

"Hi," it was all I could manage, but she giggled, smiled bigger, and greeted me back.

"Hi. Is there somewhere we can go? Somewhere less loud and more private?" She had her hand on my arm and my body was warming. It wasn't the packed dance floor, it was her. 

Giving her a curt nod, I guided her body into mine. Letting me shield her from three sides, her front, left, and back. My girl was back and I knew I wasn't the only one who had been admiring her or the new dress she was wearing. 

I guided her to my office and shut the door behind me, making sure the lock was done. As I turned, her hands found the back of my neck and brought our lips together. A wave of confusion hit me first but washed away, quickly, as heat spread through me. Gripping her hips to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. 

She was real. In my arms with her candied kiss driving me insane. The kiss wasn't long, but I didn't need it to be. leaning her forehead into mine, she closed her eyes, biting her bottom lip before speaking.

"I'm sorry, I just needed to... I needed you." She finally looked up at me, making my heart slam against the cage of my chest. "I'm sorry for leaving the way I did. It wasn't right. I should have talked to you about how I was feeling, I just didn't know how to."

"Hey," lifting her chin to better look at her, "you're here. We are talking. I'm just happy you decided to come back."

"I did. I didn't feel right staying away from you." 

"Why did you leave? What did I do?" Her expression changed. Her lip pouted and her brows pinched. 

"It wasn't anything you did. I had the thought that I was toxic for you. Bringing my ex into our relationship. It was my fault-" I stopped her, I had to. 

Pressing my finger to her soft lips, I said, "What he did was not your fault!" Motioning her to have a seat on the couch. Sitting on the chair across from her with her hands in mine. "I was worried that you didn't want to be associated with my lifestyle, my family. Frankly, you're the fucking best thing that has happened to me."

"How? I've dragged you and your guys through so much trouble!"

"Seriously?" I couldn't help but chuckle at her serious expression. I dropped my voice, "Baby girl, I've been shot at, sliced by knives, and burned by motherfuckers who try to back out of deals or rip me off. Your ex was nothing. The fact that he targeted you," I paused. I hadn't said it aloud. "The fact that he targeted you, was the worst. I wanted him dead. I wanted to blow his damn head off. You. You are what stopped me from doing that. Before you, I wouldn't have thought twice about putting one between his eyes. You make me better. That's why I used my contacts to get him locked up." Tears rimmed her eyes as she looked up at me.

"Why didn't you tell me what you were planning on doing?"

"Because I had to contact someone my family doesn't approve of and I needed to do it before I hunted him down myself."

"Is that why you were so distant?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side

"Yes. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it from you, so I had to stay away. I was pissed. I'm not sure I had a clear head after you were shot." I dropped her hands and ran them over my face.

"Hey, please look at me." She took my hands back in hers. I wanted to listen to her, but I wasn't ready. "Micah?"

"I'm sorry I let this all happen to you."

"Hey!" At that, I looked up, her eyes searching my face. "This isn't your fault either. Looks like our lives are going to be a little crazy. We just have to get used to it." 

Was I hearing her right? We? Was she back, for good? All my thoughts couldn't make their way to my damn mouth!

"That is if you'll have me," she said quietly.

"Goddamnit, Remi! Fuck yes! Always! I have wanted you in my life for a long ass time. Fucking stay?" She threw her head back and laughed.

"Yes, I will fucking stay, but I think I've worn off on you." She looked to our hands as her contagious smile spread. "Who has a dirty mouth now?" 

"You love my mouth!" Crashing into her, I found myself on my knees in front of her. I'm not sure when I had come out of my seat, but there we were. Her kisses were needy and full of passion. I had missed this. 

She was the drug I craved and something I never wanted rehab for.

The pounding on the door broke us apart. The booming voice calling my name was Nero's.

"Hold that thought." I got to my feet and opened the door. Nothing could have prepared me for the sight in front of me. 

"What the fuck is this?" Nero barked, thrusting a woman into my office. Her figure was familiar. I knew her.

Glancing at Remi, she was off the couch and looking at us with concern. 

"What the hell is Gianna doing here?"

"Scusa cugino. Pensavo di dare un'occhiata al club. Non pensavo che i miei fratelli sarebbero stati qui." The woman said to me. Flipping her long black hair back so I could see her face. Gia. (Sorry cousin. I thought I'd take a look at the club. I didn't think my brothers would be here.)

"Nero, stop! I called her." I said, putting myself between the two. 

"Why the fuck would you call her?"

"Because I needed to handle Remi's ex the right way. Not our way." Nero didn't see it that way. He would argue that I could bring in anyone other than Gia.

"Nero, stop with this shit. I'll leave town tomorrow morning. I had an assignment up here anyway. I was in the area." Gia pushed by me and smoothed over her overly revealing top and mini skirt.

"I don't fucking care what brought you here, you know better than to show your f-" He had shoved a finger in her face and towered over her. 

I stepped back as she laid his ass out on the floor of my office. Remi came running up behind me, and I held my arm out to tell her to stay out of it. Gia may have been in sky-high heels, but she wrapped herself around Nero in an instant. 

"You make me break a nail or a heel, you're going to be in a world of hurt." Gia had always been agile and played rough. "Now, I'm going to let you up, but you have to promise to behave. Promettere?" (Promise?)

"Bene, lo prometto," he grumbled, surrendering. Gia stood and offered him a hand. He accepted grudgingly. (Fine, I promise.)

"Sorry again, cousin. See you boys later and it was good to see you again, Remi." She shot a smile at Remi as she slid out of the office.

"I can not believe you got her involved." Nero was upset, but it was unclear where his anger was aimed. 

"What am I missing?" Remi asked.

With a deep sigh, I turned to answer her. "Gianna is my cousin. She is Nero and Luca's older sister."

"What!?" Her eyes went wide and flicked over to Nero and back to me. 

"Yeah... Giovanni disowned her after she joined a government agency."

"Which agency?" I smiled at her curiosity.

"We don't know. We aren't supposed to know that she works for the government in general. All we do know is that she sold out her father to get her position. With our family name, they weren't eager to hire her."

"Wow. So when I saw her the other day?"

"She was delivering me the file on Ben."

"I need a drink," Nero huffed as he left us alone.

"Is he okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, he will be. I don't think he is as mad as he lets on. He and Gia were close. Closer than Luca had been with her. She taught Nero to fight. She also taught him to shoot. I have my suspicions about what she actually does, but she will never confirm it."

"That's rough. I'm sorry." 

"You have nothing to apologize for. Let's forget about the things that have made us sad." Kissing her hand, "Let's have a good night."

"Okay. Um..."

"What's wrong?" I watched her as she chewed on the inside of her lip.

"Balla con me?" I was floored with her Italian! Her pronunciation was almost perfect. (Dance with me?)

"Sì, amore mio, balliamo." Leaning in and rewarding her efforts with a kiss. She opened her mouth to mine. Capturing her lower lip between my teeth, she let out a low moan. "Just like the first time we danced together." I patted my pocket remembering how I stole her lace panties the night she was supposed to have a girl's night. (Yes, my love. Let us dance.)

Dragging her nails against the back of my neck, she whispered in my ear, "That is presuming that I am wearing any." Her hot breath and sexy tone made me light-headed. Running her hand down my shoulder, chest, stomach, and crotch before she slinked to the door. "Coming?"

Rolling my head back and letting out a groan of discomfort, I knew our night was about to make up for the week I'd spent without her. It had been too long since I'd seen her naked. It had been too long since I'd tasted her. I needed her. 

Growling as I encircled her frame with mine. Biting her neck as we made our way back out into the crowd, her laughter and moans were better than any other music I'd heard. I couldn't wait to hear more.

***

<3 She's BACK! One more chapter! <3

Please remember to vote, comment, and share!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 37.1K 48
BOOK 1 MATURE CONTENT 18+ Read at your own risk I slowly lifted the thin long sleeve over her head and she sat up a little in the process to help me...
217K 4.9K 46
"I can show how much of a 'little' guy I am." He said emphasizing the little. He came closer to me. Our lips were inches away. I could smell the scen...
232K 4.1K 31
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 2nd NOV 2020 Finished: 23th AUG 2021 EDITING! I could feel his gaze on me as my hands slowly reached to the blood coming out...
2.5M 70.5K 47
Book 1 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Aria Valenti, a beautiful 27-year-old girl in her 2nd year of residency at NY Medical Center, holding a lot of sec...