ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ɢᴀᴍᴇ • ᴋᴀɪ ᴘᴀʀᴋᴇʀ ✔️

By -inslaytiable

"ʷʰᵉⁿ ⁱ ʷⁱⁿ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ, ⁱᵗ ʷᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵇᵉ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵃⁿʸ ᵗʳⁱᶜᵏᵉʳʸ. ⁱᵗ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵐᵉ„ More

00. CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
00. PLAYLIST
01. WAITING GAME
02. FORMAL INTRODUCTIONS
03. WAYS TO GO
04. EQUALS
05. SAFE TRAVELS
06. OPTION
07. DEAL WITH THE DEVIL
08. RABBIT TRAP
10. FEEL REAL
11. WIRES
12. BABY STEPS
13. TEST & RECOGNIZE
14. MORAL HAZARD
15. DOUBT
16. NEW WORLD
17. WELCOME HOME
18. CHOKE
19. MORTAL PROJECTIONS
20. PUBLIC ENEMY
21. OBSESSION
22. TRANQUILITY
23. IMMUNITY
24. CROSSFIRE
25. PERSONAL LIES
26. SKINNY LOVE
27. MEANT TO BE YOURS
28. INFATUATION
29. LIGHTS UP
30. EMPTY THOUGHTS
31. ONLY HUMAN
32. RECONNECTION
33. GOODBYE
34. DESTROYER
35. LITTLE LIES YOU'RE TOLD
36. LET IT ALL OUT
37. THEN THERE WERE THREE
38. SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE
39. GOLD
40. DOG DAYS ARE OVER
41. TOGETHER ALONE
42. HOLOCENE - final chapter
+ other books
the damn cat

09. WITCHES INTUITION

41.6K 1.6K 2.6K
By -inslaytiable

CHAPTER NINE
[WITCHES INTUITION]

After Kai and Molly made their way back from getting Molly's things, she'd locked herself in her room for three hours. His words stuck on her like a thorn and she couldn't get what he said about his past out of her mind.

She'd started an excerpt in her journal about him. About psychopaths. He fascinated her, as much as she hated to admit it. She was two pages in at this point. Molly pulled the covers over her cold legs and continued writing.

A knock sounds at the door that made her jump, she hadn't heard from him since they got back.

"What are you doing?" Kai asks from outside her door.

"Reading." Molly responds.

Kai jiggles the handle, to find it was locked. "Would you stop locking the door?" He says.

"Will you stop trying to come into my room without my permission?" She huffs, standing up from the bed and putting the journal under the covers. Molly unlocks the door and opens it to Kai, he doesn't even look at her before examining her room. "What do you want, you creep?" She asks.

"I'm bored." He responds, turning back to her and smiling.

"Okay?" Molly responds. He walks past her into the room and plops down at the end of her bed.

"And while I've been trying to find a loophole for the spell, I've gotten nowhere and my brain feels like it's about to explode." Kai sighs, rubbing his temples. "Let's go do something."

Molly raises her eyebrows at him, like she was waiting for him to burst out in laughter and tell her he was joking. "Seriously?" She says sarcastically. "No."

"Why not?" He questions.

Molly stared at him blankly. "Because 'bonding-time' with you is not on the top of my priorities list." She says.

"And what is?" Kai says. "Sitting in your room writing about me in your diary?"

Molly was taken back a bit. "I'm not—"

Kai reaches behind him and grabs her journal from under the covers. Her eyes widen and she lunges forward to grab it from him. Kai stands up quickly and holds it above his head. Molly struggles to reach for it and he looks down at her with a smile on my face.

"How did you know?" She looks at him confusedly.

"Witches intuition." He shrugs. He lowers the journal and opens it up, beginning to read from it. "While Kai is weirdly good at conversation, his dark past and cunning abilities to worm through situations is what throws me off. Are psychopaths usually charming enough to distract you from what they've done?" He reads. Molly crosses her arms and looks away, embarrassed. "Charming?" Kai smiles, looking at Molly.

"Don't let it get to your head." Molly says, grabbing the book from him. "When I get out of here and you're locked up in jail, I'm going to write a book about my first hand experience with a psychopath. It's not a diary— It's so I can track my thoughts."

"Are you gonna include how we were stuck in a coven-inflicted prison world?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Get out of my room." Molly scoffs, pushing him out. He grabs onto the doorframe and spins around.

"Let's go to the beach." Kai says.

"We're in Mystic Falls, you idiot." Molly narrows her eyes at him.

"Isn't there a lake nearby?" Kai asks.

"Yes." Molly responds. "But, again, I don't really want to hang out with you."

"Aw." Kai says. "If I had emotions that might've hurt." Kai fake frowns and puts a hand on his heart before Molly shuts the door on him, locking it.

She walks back over to her bed and grabs the journal, tucking it into a drawer. Molly glances out the window and thinks.

Molly very rarely went up to the lake. It was usually crowded with drunk teenagers and kids running around aimlessly, and that wasn't really Molly's scene. But this way she'd have it all to herself— if she could sneak out without Kai's knowledge.

She grabbed a towel from the bathroom, opened the window and climbed onto the roof before she could change her mind.

The only thing she could hear was the quiet waves crashing against the single wooden dock near the shore. Molly smiled to herself faintly as she took her shoes off and walked on the dark sand.

She placed the towel down on the dock and took off her big white t-shirt and shorts and began to tan in her bra and underwear.

The sun felt good on her face. She could lay out with her eyes closed and not feel paranoid of someone taking her stuff, or messing with her in any way.

She couldn't tell if she really liked being this alone, or she was just trying to convince herself it wasn't that bad.

For the first time, Molly had forgotten what day it was back home. She was supposed to keep track, but so much has happened in just this past week that she'd completely lost herself. November, maybe?

November.
If she was home, she would probably be studying for finals even though they weren't for another month. She would be watching Hallmark Christmas movies, she'd start Christmas prep early because it's her favorite holiday. She would be volunteering at the Dave Thomas Foster Care facility, helping make Thanksgiving dinner for all the foster kids. She would be buying Sirius ugly sweaters, even though he was already covered in fur and didn't like them.

Molly hoped and prayed that someone back home had taken Sirius into their care— or at least given him to a good family. Everyone knows how much her cat means to her.

It was uncomfortable, the unknown. Not knowing if anyone back home still cared enough to rescue you. But there was no good in worrying, that's what Molly kept telling herself.

Even though she knew deep down that without anyone to get them back through the other side, she was stuck here. They were stuck here.

She deserved to be happy here, if this was her home. When she was here with Damon and Bonnie, there was no need to settle in, since she was sure they could get out somehow.

They had the whole world to themselves, there was no need for her and Kai to live in the same house. He could at least live in in the pale yellow house with the green shutters across the street. She always thought it was her style.

Molly could do whatever she wanted— no consequences.

It was a strange feeling. And she still wasn't anywhere close used to it.

And as soon as she began to slowly drift off into sleep, footsteps on the wooden dock woke her up.

"This is a new low." Kai says, from behind her.

Molly jumped at the sound of his voice. Her eyes jolted open, but retracted when the bright sun hit them. "Stop following me." Molly spits, as she stood up and quickly put the big white t-shirt back on.

She turned to face him. He was wearing some very 90s swim trunks, and a black t-shirt. Molly tried to keep her eyes away from his noticeably toned body. "How was I supposed to know you'd be here after you explicitly told me you didn't want to go?" He asked, Molly raised her eyebrows at him annoyedly. "I'm not following you."

"I don't believe you." He says, kicking his shoes off, he then took his shirt off. He knew what he was doing, he took his shirt off like some cheesy teen heartthrob from a rom-com. Or, he was just taking his shirt off and that was Molly's way of telling herself that she wasn't mildly attracted to him. How could she not be? If he wasn't a literal serial killer he was exactly her type. She tried to keep her eyes off his noticeably toned body, but still noticed a small pentagram necklace around his neck.

"Well the world doesn't revolve around you." He sends her a cheeky smile and she crosses her arms, clenching her jaw.

"This world only has two people in it— so there's a 50/50 chance of who it revolves around." She says.

Kai lets out a subtle laugh before running past her and jumping off the dock. Molly watches him come out of the water, after she shielded herself from the splash. The charm of his necklace draped slyly on his parted lips, before falling back into place on his chest.

Molly didn't speak, just watched him— and he caught on. He ran his hands through his wet hair and swam towards the dock, crossing his arms on it and looking up at her.

He looks her up and down in the most obvious way. "You put your shirt back on."

"Because I'm leaving." Molly says, raising her eyebrows at him before bending down and grabbing her towel.

"Don't." Kai says. She began to walk away when Kai quickly reached up and grabbed her ankle gently.

Immediately, flashes of memory went past her eyes; seeing her friends get to go home, while Kai held her bleeding body back by her ankle.

She pulled her leg away and turned around to look at him— not annoyed, fearful. Molly let his looks cloud over how she needed to feel about him to survive, she had to hate him.

Or else her naive self would fall for him, and she'd only end up getting hurt again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 591 11
Whenever I read books or watch some movies or tv shows, I always say that the MC should have done it differently then whatever they faced would've en...
601K 14.2K 57
ᴛʜᴇɴᴀ ꜱᴀʟᴠᴀᴛᴏʀᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʜᴇ ᴄʜᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ. ꜱʜᴇ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʜᴏᴘᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ 𝘗𝘦𝘰𝘱�...
657 38 4
𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 | 𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘊𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘢𝘭𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘚𝘢𝘭𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦, 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧...
1.4K 67 7
🩸⚔️ ꒦︶ 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑽𝑨𝑴𝑷𝑰𝑹𝑬 𝑫𝑰𝑨𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑺 ༉‧ ˚ ✎║BOOK ONE ☠️ ⋆˚.*. ♰.˚.⋆ ꒥꒷.*·˚ THΣ ΔRT ΩҒ PRΣTΣΠD ┌─── ・ 。゚★: *.☁︎🕯️.* :☆゚. ───┐...