crumble | h.s

By ulookuglytodaysis

{completed} "I want to go home." I plead. "Do you? Because Lydia, I will take you home myself if that's wha... More

part one: the robbery
part two: aftermath
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part thirteen
part fourteen
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen
part nineteen
part twenty
part twenty one
part twenty two
part twenty three
part twenty four
part twenty five
part twenty six
part twenty seven
part twenty eight
part twenty nine
part thirty
part thirty one
part thirty two
part thirty three
part thirty four
part thirty five
part thirty six
part thirty seven
part thirty eight
part thirty nine
part forty
part forty one
part forty two
part forty three
part forty four
part forty five
part forty six
part forty seven
part forty eight
part forty nine
part fifty
part fifty one
part fifty two
part fify three: 72 hours
part fifty four
party fifty five: 48 hours
part fifty six: 24 hours
part fifty seven: goodbye
part fifty eight
part fifty nine
part sixty
Author's Note
Announcement!!!!
RESURRECT
hi :)
surprise ...
new fic!

part twelve

10.8K 281 210
By ulookuglytodaysis

Lydia White

Everything was back to normal. Wendy, Tina and I all decided to respect James' wish to forget about his shooting, so it was like it never happened. The fact that the men who did it are still out there scared me a little, but it didn't consume my thoughts anymore.

Harry and I haven't spoken since the night of the break in. He completely ghosted me, but I should have expected it considering I didn't know him well. Besides, I was fine with focusing on myself and my friends. From what I know, Eliza didn't see Liam again following their hookup.

Like I said, everything was back to normal.

I didn't have work today so I let myself sleep in. The warm sheets of my bed consumed me as I spread myself out under them. Eventually, I rolled over to check the time which read 10:30. I sighed and told myself that I should probably get up.

I took a quick shower and put on some jeans and a tank top. I let my hair fall naturally on my shoulders. Eliza and I were planning on having a sleepover at my place tonight. It had been so long since we had spent the night together with just the two of us.

I went into my kitchen and scanned through my fridge deciding on what to eat. I settled on some leftovers from the diner that I brought home. As I eagerly waited for the food to heat up in the microwave, I heard my phone ring.

I immediately thought that it was Eliza, probably wanting to confirm our plans for tonight, but to my shock it was someone completely unsuspected and different...

Harry.

I stared down at my phone, debating whether to pick up as the object vibrated in my hand. I took a deep breath and pressed the 'accept' button. I was curious on what this asshole had to say.

'Hello?' I spoke into the phone. I waited for a response.

There was nothing. "Hello." I spoke again with a clear annoyance to my tone. I began to hear heavy breathing into the phone. My eyebrows raised in confusion. Did he butt dial me?

"Harry?" I spoke again. The breathing continued. I shook my head and pressed the hang up button and put my phone down.

"Jerk." I muttered.

-

My doorbell rang, signalling that Eliza was here and I skipped over to let her in.

"Hey bitch!" Eliza squealed as I jumped into her arms for a hug.

"I missed you." I tell her as I pull away from the hug.

"Of course you did." she smirks. She then bends down and reaches into her bag, pulling out a huge bag of chips and some drinks. "I came prepared." she says, smiling.

I smile brightly and point over to the coffee table where I had a selection of movies laid out. "I'm prepared too." I say.

She giggles and links her arm in mine as we both walk over to the living room. We sit and scan through the movies.

Eliza holds up a DVD and extends it towards me. "How about The Notebook?"

We sit and stare in silence for a moment before simultaneously saying, "Nah." and laughing.

I pick up '10 Things I Hate About You' and hold it towards her. She shakes her head in disgust and I laugh.

We finally decided on 'Breakfast on Tiffany's'. However, we really just left it on as background noise. Eliza and I were good at getting into really deep conversations when we were alone. We had such a special bond and I know that we would do anything for the other's happiness. I was so lucky to have her in every way.

"So, you haven't said anything about Harry." She smirks. "What happened that night?" she nudges my shoulder, snickering.

I let out a little laugh. "Well, you're not gonna believe this. But we kissed." Her eyes immediately widen and she starts bouncing up and down in joy.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god." she says. I grab her shoulders to stop her from bouncing.

"It was just a kiss, El. Besides, it clearly meant nothing considering we haven't talked since." I say, looking at her. She frowns.

"Well, do you wanna explain how you ended up at my apartment?" she says, changing the subject. I look down and sigh.

"I know this sounds insane, but myhousegotbrokeninto." I say, rushing the last part of the sentence. Her eyes once again go wide and she shakes her head.

"Oh my god. While you and Jerkface were there?" she says, tilting her head and rubbing my arm. I chuckle a bit at the 'jerkface' reference to Harry.

"Yeah. After it happened he drove me to your place, and told me to forget about the kiss." I huff out.

Her brows furrow and her eyes become dark with anger. "What a dick." she says. I nod my head. We sat in silence for a minute until I shot up, remembering something that I meant to tell her.

"Oh my god. Harry called me earlier!" I say. She sits up straight with her jaw to the ground. "The best part is, he didn't even have the guts to say anything. He just sat there on the other side until I hung up." I laugh. I didn't realize how much anger I had built up towards Harry, but it felt so good to get it all out.

"I'm going to chop his dick off." Eliza says blankly. I let out a loud laugh at her comment.

"Oh my god, El." I say through a pained abdomen from my belly laughs. I see her smiling at me and she begins to laugh as well. We were both sitting there cackling at each other so much to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if I got a noise complaint.

We eventually calm down from our laughing fit. "Hey, so have you spoken to Liam?" I ask.

She lets out a snort and says, "Nope, it was just a hookup. But it's whatever." she says. Liam had told me that they were both okay with the whole 'hookup' situation. Eliza didn't seem upset, so maybe he was right.

"I thought he left his number." I said, remembering Liam writing it down on a napkin. She nods.

"He did, but I called once and he didn't answer, so fuck it." she says, laughing.

I raise my drink in the air and say, "Fuck Liam and Harry."

She laughs and raises her drink as well and chants. "Fuck Liam and Harry." Then we both share a 'cheers' before drinking.

It was around 11:00 pm. We had gone through 2 movies and three bowls of chips on our own. I sat on the couch with my head resting in my hand as I leaned on the arm of the couch. Eliza sat on the other end on her phone. I could feel my eyes getting heavier as the moments passed. Eventually I stood up and faced El.

"Okay, do yo wanna sleep out here or in my bed with me?" I ask her. She bites her lip and looks up at me.

"Actually Lyds, I gotta go. My boss just asked me to come in." she sighs. I frown because I didn't want her to leave, but it was understandable considering she worked at a bar and always took the night shift.

"It's no problem." I reply. She stands up and hugs me.

"I'm sorry babe, duty calls." she frowns as she pulls away from the hug.

"It's okay! Be safe, I love you. Thanks for tonight." I say, giving her a toothy smile. She smiles back at me before opening the front door.

"Love you more." she blows a kiss. I laugh as she walks out. Once she's gone I look around my apartment and let out a sigh. I walk over to the coffee table and pick up the empty cans and chip bags and throw them into the garbage and recycling. I then go to the bathroom and brush my teeth before throwing myself into my bed.

Harry Styles

The Phantoms were out for blood, I had to stay low and I told the rest of the boys that they had to do the same.

We couldn't risk losing an elite member of the Kings.

I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned in my bed for what felt like hours until I finally reached for my phone to check the time.

2:30 am.

I groaned and shoved my head into my pillow before giving up and just scrolling through my phone. I was mindlessly flipping through the apps until I ended up in my recent calls. I looked through them. Zayn was my most recent call, and right under him was...Lydia? At 11 am?

I never called Lydia. I wasn't drunk nor high at any point of the day so it's not like I called her then. Come to think of it, I didn't have my phone on me almost all day except when I was talking to Zayn.

For some reason, seeing her name brought back every image I had of her in my head. Her in her work uniform, her dancing with me at the club, and her face when I kissed her. I don't know why, but I found myself wanting to hear her soft little voice again.

In the next moment, I was clicking on her name and holding the phone to my ear. If i hung up now, she would still get the notification that I called her. Point of no return, I guess.

I lay in bed as my phone rang. I anxiously waited for an answer. I shook my head and went to hang up until...

"H-Harry?" I heard a voice say from the other end of the phone. It was her voice. "Harry?" she says again. She sounded different. She sounded scared.

"Lydia? You okay" I say, sitting up slightly in my bed. I rub my eyes as I wait for her answer. 

"Harry," she says, her voice just above a whisper...

"There's someone in my house."

hehe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

771K 26.2K 45
My heart was beating and adrenaline was running through my body at a thousand miles per second. My hand wrapped around the door knob, but then I was...
42.4K 688 64
*Story contains mature and explicit content* "Something wrong sweetheart ?" Harry's cocky tone only makes my blood boil more, and I don't even think...
426 33 21
~~ "You asked me if I had ever been in love, and I said no, right?" He inquired while gazing into my eyes, a smile playing on his lips, his dimples...
610 26 58
!!!!!UNEDITED AND CRINGY AFF!!!!!! ______________ I take slow, unsure steps towards him and place my hands on his tense forearm and he softens at my...