His Feathers - Magic Kaito

By BerryBerryBlitz

[Book 1] Due to an unfortunate encounter with a magical gem, Kaito grows wings. Deep black ones. Humans don't... More

1. Losing Lady Luck's Favour
2. A Detective's Worry
3. House Visit
4. Contemplations
5. Kaito's Bad Ideas, Awesome Baaya
6. Breaking Into A Thief's House
7. Misunderstanding
8. Sharing a Bed and Talking
9. Bird Talk
10. Shock
11. Panic
12. Whirlwind
13. Admittance
14. Rest
15. Magic Talk
16. X-Ray
17. Blood Test and X-Ray Results
18. Sensitivity
19. Teasing and Reality
20. Talking About Aoko
21. Friendship
22. Cuddles and Doves
23. Stress
24. Choices
25. Betrayal
26. Akako
27. Relief
28. Aoko Learns About Her Actions
29. Mistaken Identity
30. Super Spy Kaito
31. Fried Chicken
32. Burning Feathers
33. Blanc
34. L'hôpital
35. Detectives
36. Stalking
37. Hunt
Votes (Closed)
38. Crazy Loony
39. Inquiries
41. Poulet Vert
42. MRI Results
43. Info
44. Squabbling
45. Reasons
46. Confessions
47. [Insert Chapter Name]
48. Luster Wings and Strong Hearts
49. Creepy Person
50. Reassurance
51. Unsure
52. Place Chapter Name Here
53. Plans of Fun
54. To the Mountains!
55. Grass Soup
56. Worry, Mistake, Forgive
57. Tree Tangle
58. Childish
59. Fifty Nine
60. Chattering
61. Awaited Time
62. Crude Conversations
63. Visit from a Angel
64. Hurt
65. Ashes fall
66. Unnamed? Meow
67. Tests, Answers
68. Hurting, Thoughts
69. Floaty, Hopes
70. Thoughts, Tests
71. Horrific Revelations
72. Confusion? Rescue
73. Panic, Panic, Run!
74. Title Name
75. Soixante-Quinze
76. Some Understanding, Disgust
77. Shock, Truths, Horror
78. Kaito observes
79. Reunion
80. Trauma
81. Comforting Touch
82. Reassurances, Blushing
83. Eighty Three
84. Chapter 84
85. Food
86. Not A Magician?
87. Meetings, Brooding
88. Ginzo
89. Some More Answers
90. Deals?
91. Ran Meets Kaito
92. Inquiries, A Call
93. Chikage
94. Confliction, Love
95. Aoko's Thoughts
96. Aoko
97. Walk
98. Healing
Facts about this book

40. Awakening

795 71 30
By BerryBerryBlitz

1028 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito~ I really really wish I did~ I hope you enjoy this chappy~

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
~Vote results at zee end~
And another question
✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Written June 27 2019
Posted September 7 2019

★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡
Yay~ 40K Word marker has been hit~~
★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡

Bleary indigos fluttered briefly, Kaito laid still as he discreetly took in his surroundings. The smell of antiseptic and the constant beeping clued him in that he was in the hospital, someone was also in the room with him.

'Why am I at the hospital? I haven't had a heist since summer break has started, and if there was a heist, why don't I feel handcuffs?'

"Kaito?" The magician's thoughts paused at the familiar voice, he felt his tension fade, he knew that voice. "I know you're awake, medical equipment doesn't lie" Saguru stated softly, as he gently took hold of Kaito's hand. He'd lost even more weight, making the hand seem almost frail.

"Sa—" His dry throat sent him into a small coughing fit, the magician's breathing mask was swiftly removed, a straw being placed at his lips. He swiftly took a few sips of water, soothing his throat. "Why am I at the hospital?" Kaito inquired, once he was sure he wouldn't go into another coughing fit. He blinked open his eyes and scowled at the light, everything was blurry.

'My head hurts, but not too bad...'

The blond narrowed his gaze at the magician "What is the last thing you remember?" He inquired, remembering that the other did in fact have a head wound.

'The last thing I remember?... Everything's fuzzy...'

After a few moments of silence Kaito perked up. "I remember us talking about me spending summer break at your place... Then nothing" The brunette admitted, blinking a few times.

'Why is my vision so blurry?'

"Why are you blinking so much?" Saguru asked, he'd noted how the other was blinking significantly more than usual during their brief conversation.

"Everything's a blur of colours" The brunette sighed, annoyed with his lack of clear vision. He then looked over towards the splash of colours he'd identified as Saguru "Anyways, you never did tell me why I'm in the hospital" indigos narrowed "I don't remember doing anything stupid enough to land me in one" He paused with a small smile "At least not recently"

The blond let out a small whine and pressed a button to alert a nurse or doctor to come. "Kaito, you were severely injured, and your head received major trauma" Saguru paused "You've been in a coma for the last four days"

'A coma?!? Is that serious?!'

The magician quickly schooled his expression, not wanting to add even more concern to his friend figuring that he'd already done that enough during the last few days. "Head trauma? Maybe that's why I don't remember..." Kaito sighed.

'And maybe why I can't see well?'

The blond opened his mouth to respond, but was cut off by Dr.Kusama politely stepping through the door. The doctor took a look at the now conscious Kaito and smiled. "It's good to see that you're awake Kuroba-Kun, I'm Dr.Kusama, the main doctor watching over your condition" He greeted with a warm smile as he extended his hand.

"Thank you for taking care of me Dr.Kusame" Kaito replied softly, flashing a smile. The doctor blinked before retracting his hand.

"Kaito is having both memory and vision problems, he did not purposely ignore your greeting" Saguru supplied to appease the doctor. Navy eyes furrowed in concern at his words.

'I didn't even notice that he offered me a handshake...'

"Let's test your memory before focusing on your sight" Dr.Kusama stated gently, at The agreeing nod he began asking questions "Okay what is your name, your age, your family and friends names, and your birthday, just to start"

"My name is Kuroba Kaito, magician extraordinaire" He flashed the doctor a charming smile, earning an exasperated sigh from Saguru "I am 17 years of age" He paused before glancing in Saguru's general direction "If Saguru didn't lie to me about  being in a coma for only 4 days instead of years...." Kaito laughed at the strangled growl coming from the blond "And my mom is Kuroba Chikage, and my father was the greatest magician ever, Kuroba Toichi! And my friends are Nakamori Aoko, her dad Nakamori-Keibu, and the newly made friend Hakuba Saguru-Chan!" He finished, beaming innocently.

"S-Saguru-Chan?!?!" The blond spluttered his face going red.

"Of course! What else would I call you Saguru-Chan?" Kaito purred, grinning wickedly as he wished that he could see his friend's face.

'Saguru must be so red by now, it's a shame that I can't see it...'

Dr.Kusama covered his laughter with a few coughs before turning serious "When does your memory start to fail?" He inquired, figuring that the teen would at least have an idea.

"I remember discussing summer plans with Saguru and then nothing" Kaito replied, sparing the blond further embarrassment by not adding a suffix.

"That was right before Kaito left and then got captured" Saguru supplied, giving the doctor a better time frame comparison.

'At least I'm not missing a lot of memories, it would suck to lose a few years, or even all of them'

"That is better than I feared" Dr.Kusama breathed, a relieved smile present on his lips. "Now tell me about your vision"

"Ah, I can only see blurry colours and big movements" The magician paused, tilting his head in thought "I could follow your blur from the door to your current standing position, but I didn't see you extend your hand" He added.

"Understood, you had some swelling around your brain and there may still be enough swelling to inhibit your vision, there's a decent chance of it being temporary if you're already this active after a coma" Dr.Kusama replied "However I would still like to schedule an MRI to double check, just to be safe"

Kaito nodded, it seemed reasonable and this doctor seemed more friendly than previous ones he's met. "Okay, I'm fine with that, I don't like not being able to see clearly" The magician admitted, he was more vulnerable than normal at the moment.

'At least I'm not completely blind, I'm sure I could have worked something out to help me with heists, but it still would have sucked being unable to check the gem without help'

Me: the blurry vision shouldn't be too much of a surprise~ there were already hints of it during the attempted(?) Escape and escape~

What's your fav cartoon? Mine is Danny Phantom ^-^

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧
RESULTS
Winner: To Understand You
Extra Hint: Berry takes the timeline and smashes it

So berry has a book cover idea and wants your input~
It'll look like the pic below but with better paper (That's my cheap stuff)

maybe with computer paper or Bristol board with markers and sharpies~

I'm thinking of using a shade of blue or purple to represent Kaito, but...

What colour should represent Nakamori-Keibu? Black to match his eyes? IDK

Oh and I'd crop the pic better of course... I already had this sample so I figured, 'why not see opinions'

This is 1 line art that berry specializes in ^-^
She draws in pen and doesn't trace pencil (except hand outlines because berry can't draw people)

Berry thinks markers and Bristol board would be more vibrant for a book cover

Sadly white can't represent Kaito because when colour is added it's supposed to look like this:

Or berry could use 1 line art to write the title and just have the title...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393 13 11
KuroKen fanfic I originally wrote this years ago, then discontinued it. I wanted to go back and fix some things, while also changing the plot just a...
97.1K 3.7K 41
I already completed two stories of my favorite Phantom Thief below the Moonlight! Since I still have too many ideas roaming around in my brain which...
63.4K 2.5K 35
Black wings and red hair. These things haunt Kuroko's dreams while as he struggles to live in a harsh world with demons haunting his waking moments...
67.3K 2.4K 49
A book of oneshots about Kuroba Kaito and Kudo Shinichi sweet to angsty moments in different stories. Shinkai may also be included at some Oneshots...