Time After Time | H. Rogers ✓

By Malielena

book two of captain america's daughter hazel's getting used to the attention ever since hydra was taken down... More

a/n
age of ultron cast
one - sokovia
two - rebel
three - ice
four - whos worthy?
six - this is rage
seven - the cooler avengers
eight - wa-wakanda?
nine - a promise broken
ten - safe house
eleven - pep talk
a/n (sony and disney)
twelve - korea
thirteen - creation of a vision
fourteen - one after another
fifteen - seventh avenger
sixteen - lifeboats
seventeen - together
eighteen - his sacrifice
ninteen - graduation
twenty - post credits
civil war cast
one - lagos
two - a murderer
three - sokovia accords
four - debate
five - carter
six - united nations
seven - always ends in a fight
eight - custody and guardians
nine - consequences
ten - last moments of peace
eleven - united we stand
twelve - divided we fall
thirteen - strangers
fourteen - quinn
fifteen - winning and losing
sixteen - definitely a father's daughter
seventeen - home is gone
eighteen - shock
nineteen - so was i
twenty - post credits
black panther cast
one - my hour
two - welcome home
three - waterfall
four - forties charm
five - oui oui
a/n chadwick boseman
six - now or never
seven - zane the zoomer
eight - simple
nine - facing a future fight
ten - hydra's a bitch
eleven - no place on earth
twelve - bloodthirsty
thirteen - the jabari
fourteen - delicate snow
fifteen - like my father
sixteen - true king
seventeen - sunset
eighteen - post credits
next book announcement

five - no strings on me

6.4K 154 100
By Malielena

The loud screech was heard throughout the tower, I moved my hands to cover my ears. Almost everyone did the same.

The screeching stopped but one of Tony's Iron suits walked out. "Worthy... No... How could you be worthy? You're all killers."

"Stark." Dad warned.

"JARVIS." Tony called and pulled out his tiny holographic phone thing that I forgot the name of.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or...I was a-dream?" Ultron moved like a human would, like an actual soul was inside of him.

Tony tapped his device. "Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit."

"There was a terrible noise...and I was tangled in... in...strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy." He-He killed someone, this isn't good.

"You killed someone?" Dad put his hand on my shoulder and gently pushed me back, more behind him.

To be honest this is kind of freaky, he moves like a human would.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices." Ultron replied. Well that is true. I'll give it that.

"Who sent you?" Tony asked in realization that it's not a buggy suit.

Ultron replayed Tony's voice. "I see a suit of armor around the world."

"Ultron!" Banner yelled. Ultron? They know what this is? oh god they did something stupid again.

"What mission?" Natasha asked. Every had their guards up now.

"Peace in our time." Ultron replied.

A huge crashing was heard and suddenly the Iron Legion bots broke, smashed, through the wall.

Dad immediately pulled up the coffee table to shield up but one of the bots hit the table and made us fly back, landing on the floor.

I groaned and pulled myself off the floor. these guys aren't the way I die.

One suit came flying towards me and I attempted to kick it. It's not human, it has armor so hurting it isn't that easy.

It grabbed my ankle and pulled me off the ground. No way a evil bot is going to kick my ass.

I pulled my arm up, trying to punch it but it failed to work. "Can't you just be fair!" I yelled.

Oh god I can't use my weird, freaky powers. Everyone will see.

It flung me to a wall and my back hit against it. I yelped in pain and glanced up.

It was still determined to kill me. I sighed. I know everyone will tell me I should have told them about my new powers but I rather stay breathing then become a victim of a bot murder.

Before it could fly at me I put my hand up. I have no way to control this and I could get worse but it's worth a shot.

I flicked my wrist and ice shot from my hand and completely froze the bots hand.

I jumped up and shoved my other hand into the bots wires. I close my eyes and froze every wire that I had my hand on and the bot fell to the ground, talking me down with it.

My head was dizzy but it wasn't the fall, or the alarming wall toss but from using my powers.

Whenever I use them my head hurts and I feel really weak.

I felt a wetness move from my nose. A nosebleed.

I was too weak to pull myself off the ground, a bot spotted my struggle and flew over to where I was. It's pointed its hands at me, about to shoot.

Tony suddenly jumped on the bot and shoved a screwdriver into it's neck. "Stark!" Dad yelled.

"One sec, one sec!" He yelled back.

I felt two arms wrap around my shoulders and pull me up. My head still hung low. I have no strength to lift it.

Banner pulled me towards the stairs and leaned me against the steps. "Hazel, respond to me." He shook me.

It's like my vocal cord were frozen, I felt no need to move.

Banner shined a light in my eye. He muttered something.

What if he saw me? Did he see me use my powers? Everyone else was focused on the bots.

I saw a flash of the shield hitting a bot and the room fell silent.

Whatever it was, it snapped me out of this weak trance I was in. "Am I dead yet?" I mumbled.

"Not yet but you have a lot of explaining to do."

Yep he definitely saw.

"That was dramatic! I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to...evolve?" He picked up one of the dismembered Iron Legions.

"With these? These puppets?" He crushes the Dismembered bot's head. "There's only one path to peace: The Avengers' extinction."

Thor threw his hammer, making Ultron crumble into pieces.

Ultron began singing. "I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me, no strings on me."

It sent chills down my spine. I heard footsteps running towards me.

Man am I dizzy. I still feel really weak, it hurts holding my head up.

A hand touched my chin and my head was pulled up. It's was Dad.

"I'm fine." I whispered.

Banner shook his head. "No, I need to check her, I've never seen her this weak." Banner stood up.

"I feel fine." I looked at Banner's face, It's all blurry.

I pulled myself up, immediately regretting it.

"Yeah someone catch me, I'm going to fall." My knees failed me but my father's arms caught me.

I shut my eyes...

                              •   •   •
Third Person POV

Steve lifted his tired daughter into his arms.

"Dr. Cho, can you help?" Banner asked her. The doctor looked frazzled from all the action that occurred.

Dr. Cho nodded and walked over. She didn't have to touch her to tell what's wrong. "Uhm, she needs rest and healing...my regeneration cradle can help."

Steve nodded. "Lead the way." He wanted to be the one to make sure she gets to where she's supposed to be safely.

Banner, Dr. Cho and Steve walked out, Steve looked at Hazel sleeping in his arms.

Steve thought about the similar moment back in 2012, he had no idea who she really was.

Watching her made him think more, maybe she'd be more happy if she never had to leave Peggy. What if he was there during her childhood. Raising her with Peggy. Maybe things would be different.

He wouldn't trade her for the world though. His child is the one thing that truly matters and no one can take her from him.

Aw we love protective Steve. Anyway here's a meme.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.5K 1K 23
When the infamous black widow and the winter soldier gets a child while under the red room and hydra, things get intense when Alexander Pierce alread...
9.3K 402 24
"I'll spin for you like your favorite records used to." IN WHICH a light-hearted and playful agent of S.H.I.E.L.D is paired with the humorless patrio...
212K 5.5K 23
Behind the Winter Soldier, a young killer follows. A child - who's ledger is drip, drip, dripping with red. She's been passed from one cruel hand to...
10K 428 41
Adopted daughter of genius, billionaire, playboy and philanthropist Tony Stark and sister to the famous capsicle Steve Rogers. Annabelle had the worl...