Adopted

By 22onedirection04

[This is a one direction fanfic.] This story is about a little five year old girl who's name is Penelope. She... More

before you read!
✰Facts About Penelope✰
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
Epilogue
Thank you.❤️

25

2.3K 51 24
By 22onedirection04

NIALL'S POV

"HI LIAM!!" Penelope yelled as the Skype call connected. We had just gotten home from the park as we started to Skype with Liam,  as he promised he would.

"Hi P, how's it going?" Liam asked with a smile on his face. Penelope stood up on the chair and jumped on the chair of excitement.

"It's going great. And you know what Liam?!" She asked as she clapped her hands together. Me and the boys just laughed at her excitement. 

"What?" Liam asked with a chuckle.

"I met a new friend today at the park" Penelope said as she smiled from ear to ear.

Oh god, are we going to get this shitty boyfriend stuff already, I mean I personally don't have a sister so I mean they maybe start this stuff early.

"Really? What's the name of your new friend then?" Liam asked.

"His name is Elliot and has brown curly hair" She said as she smiled, Liam on the other hand looked really shocked.

"You know you're too young to have a boyfriend, right?" Liam asked in a calming but still stressful accent.

"Yeah I know, Harry said that I can't have one until I'm 30" She said.

"Yeah, that's right. Ok, Penelope, I'm almost on my way to the airport to come home again and my taxi chauffeur is almost here so I got to go, I'm sorry sweetie" Liam said as he took his bag to pack the last of his things.

"It's alright. How long will it take for you to come home?" She asked.

"Well, It's going to take some time, so I'll be home tomorrow when you wake up. Alright?"

"Okay, bye see you" She said as she waived bye to the also waving Liam.

"Alright then P, what do you want to do now?" I asked as she hopped off the chair.

"Can I just play with my dolls?" She asked.

"Yeah of course" Louis said with a cookie in his mouth.

Penelope smiled and walked around the corner to go up to her room.

"There is a nice looking cookie you have there Louis." I said as I felt in need of a cookie.

"It is, nice and chocolaty" He said with a smile.

"That does sound very very good.." I said.

"Do you mind if I get one?" I asked.

"No I don't mind at all if you go to the store" He said with another smirk.

"What do you mean by 'go to the store'?" I said as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Well what I mean is that I am eating the last one and there is no one left, and if you want to have one, you need to go to the store to get them" Louis said as he laughed.

"Ah, Tommo!" I said.

"What? how could I possibly know that you wanted to have this cookie?" He asked as he still laughed.

"Well, you know I like cookies..so you could have least asked"

"Okay, yeah I'm sorry Nialler but you know, you always take the last cookie without asking any of us" Louis said. What does he mean by that?

"What? I do not. Say the last time I did that"

"Alright, yesterday"

"Whah, no-"

PENELOPE'S POV

I opened my bedroom door and looked at the dollhouse -witch I loved- but I didn't feel like playing with it anymore. So I walked to the full body mirror and looked at my face.

"I need a makeover" I said as I walked to the wardrobe to pick up my Yellow princess Belle dress.

. . . .

When I had gotten the dress on and taken out my colored pencils  I was ready to do my makeup.

I sat myself criss-cross applesauce in front of the mirror with the pencils right in front of me. And started of with taking the lid of the red pencil to make some red lips...

. . . .

And I was done! With the red lips, and the pink cheeks along with the blue eyelids. I looked beautiful to say the least.

I sat up from the floor and twirled to look at myself in the mirror. But something was missing.

"Hair" I said to myself as I opened the door to the bathroom and took a elastic band to put up my hair in a high ponytail.

"P! Dinner!" I heard Niall yell from downstairs and I smiled to myself in the mirror to look at myself one more time before going down.

"Coming!" I said as I ran down the stairs.

"No, running!" Harry yelled as I slowed down my steppes down the stairs.

I walked proudly down the hall that led to the dining room, feeling confident with my new look.

HARRY'S POV

We all had sat down to eat dinner, but we wore just waiting for Penelope.

Hearing the little footsteps coming down the hall made all of us look at the entry. And what we saw was all a bit shocking.

Penelope came into the room with a yellow princess dress and a high ponytail on the top of her head. But her face, was a whole other story. I think she has used markers to make it look like makeup.

"Wow, Penelope you-" I started to say as I just looked at the boys trying to get help.

"Do you like it?" She asked as she sat down at her chair.

"Do you like it? You know what? I love itI said with as much enthusiasm that I could possibly get out of me.

I saw how the boys almost started to laugh, but I gave them a glare to make sure that it was definitely not the time right now.

"I did it all myself" She said proudly.

"I can see that" Niall busted out.

All of the boys gave him a killer glare making Niall taking up his hands in defeat and mumbling a 'sorry' 

"Penelope its very beautiful, but won't that be hard to wash off your face?" Zayn asked as he started serving her food.

"I don't know" She simply said with a shrug. 

We all looked at each other with a shocked glare.

"So your going to have that on you for the rest of your life then?" Louis asked with a smirk knowing that Penelope would get worried herself about the pencil marks.

"Yeah" She just said. A whole different answer then we all expected.

"You do?" Louis asked just as shocked at everyone else.

"uh aha" She said as she nodded.

"But we have to take it off before you go to bed at least. Otherwise it will stain the sheets and you wouldn't like that, now would you?" I said looking at her with a serious glare.

"No.." She mumbled.

"But, don't see it as a bad thing. Enjoy it for now" Niall said

"Alright" She said as she got into her food.

"We can take a picture of it after dinner, so you can at least remember it your whole life"  I said as I then took a sip of my water.

"Yeah!" She yelled out in the enjoyment of a five year old making all of us chuckle at her excitement.

"well great, then that's settled" Zayn said with a chuckle earning a smile from Penelope.

"Then we can look back at it just like we did with my moms pictures" She said with a bright smile.

"We sure can, P" Louis commented.

. . . .

ZANY'S POV

I rubbed my hands together to make the soap bubble. Penelope stood right in front of me on a little stool in the bathroom. Her hair was up in the same ponytail she had made herself and she only had her pajama bottoms on so she wouldn't get the top all wet. In her tiny and chubby hands she held the Polaroid that we took of her in her beautiful 'makeup' and yellow princess dress, with the beautiful smile of hers.

"I like this picture" She said as she looked at it one's again.

"yeah, it's very pretty" I said as I held my soapy hands over the sink, waiting for her to be done with starring at the picture.

"Do you want to wash it off of your face now?" I asked.

"Okay, it's not going to hurt right?" she asked with now a worried face.

"No this won't hurt. You just have to close your eyes so you don't get any soap in your eyes" I tried to say in a calming voice.

"Alright" She piped out immediately closing her eyes making the little wrinkles on her eyes show from closing her eyes hard.

"Good job, P" I chuckled as I started washing off the pencil marks.

. . . .

PENELOPE'S POV

My room was lit up just the slightest with my fairy lights hanging above my bed, the door was open as well so it came a little light from the hallway lights too.
I sat up in my bed waiting patiently for the boys to come in and say goodnight.  I looked down on my hands where I held the picture of my mom and me when I was just born.

I missed my mom. Why didn't she live longer? I would have loved to hug her and play dollhouse with her so Liam would't have to make up a girl voice every time. My eyes started to tear up. Why don't I have a mom?

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.
"Penelope! You better be in bed right now!" Niall yelled in a funny voice making me giggle.

"I am!" I said as I giggled, still holding the picture.

"Oh well look at you" Niall said as he walked in to my room with the boys on his heels.

"You look all snuggled up in that bed. And the fairy lights, ah so cozy! Are you cozy?" Harry asked as he walked up to me and he started to rub my arm.

"Yeah" I said snuggled in to my pillow against my back.

"What do you have in your hand?" Louis asked as he looked at the photo in my hands.

"It's the photo of me and Mommy" I said as I brought up my hand more so they could see it easier.

"Ahw, that's sweet P" Zayn commented as he bent down beside my bed. I just nodded as I looked down suddenly feeling a little sad again now that we wore talking about it in the open.

"Are you alright sweet?" Louis then asked seeing how I looked down and fiddled with my hands.

"Mhm" I said quietly. I didn't want to cry right now. I wanted to feel happy.

"Are you sure?" Zayn asked.

My snot got down to my nose quick making me sniff, witch was like a sign for the boys.

"Aww Penelope. Why are you crying my love?" Louis asked as he tried to make me face up by bringing my head up with his fingers. Witch worked.

I felt a single tear roll down my cheek, and I saw how the boys's faces wore covered with concern and worry.

"What happened?" Niall asked as he looked at me with worry.

"...I want my mommy.." I said in a quiet voice. Instantly looking down again at the white sheets.

I heard how one of the boys cleared their voice, witch made me look up again. Now with a couple more tears rolling down my cheeks slowly.

All of the boys looked at each other with a sad look on their face.

"Penelope, honey. Can you guess how many families there is out there?" Harry asked.

"I don't know" I said with a confused look.

"Well there is a lot, a lot of families out there in the world. And do you know how many exactly the same families there are out there?" Harry asked.

"No" I just said, because I didn't know.

"There are zero, no families are each other alike." Harry said.

I looked at Harry still not knowing where he would go with this.

"And this family is so special, you know that? I don't know any other family that is like ours" Zayn dropped in.

"Me neither" Niall said.

"Some families don't have a mom, some families don't have a dad. Some of them have two moms or two dads" Louis said as he stroke my hair back.

"I know. But sometimes I just wish that I had a mommy" I said as I looked at all of them in the eyes. Seeing how they looked sad.

"Why are you sad?" I asked. I didn't want them to feel sad.

"Oh, it's alright sweetie. It's just when you care about someone that much that we do with you then you just want that person to feel happy and healthy" Zayn said.

"Okay. But I care about you too and I want you to feel happy and healthy too" I said as I started to fiddle with Elliot

"That's really sweet baby, your suppose to care for each other in a family" Louis said.

Harry looked at Elliot and smiled. "Huh, haven't seen that buddy in a while. Are you too old for him now?" Harry asked as he referred to Elliot.

"No, I love him. But he's just been sick so he's had to stay in bed, and I didn't want him to infect any of you" I said. All of the boys laughed.

"Is he better now then?" Niall asked as he smiled.

"Yeah, he still has a little bit of fever though" I said as I took my hand to feel his forehead.

HARRY'S POV

I looked at Penelope in awe. She is a special one that one. A normal five year old that just happens to have a different family. A typical five year old that still imagines things, like that her stuffed animal is sick, and truly believe it.

"Okay little one, it's bedtime. Actually it was a couple minuets ago, but i'm going to let that slide" I said as I bent down to tuck her in.

"Bedtime?" She asked as she looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yes bedtime" Zayn said.

"Can't we have a sleepover?" She asked with hope.

"No not tonight, it's late sweet P" Louis said as he rubbed her hair.

She furrowed her eyebrows in frustration and huffed.

"Why?" She asked.

"because" I said as I kissed her forehead.

She crossed her arms as she once again huffed.

"Goodnight sunshine" Zayn said after he had kissed her on the forehead.

"I'm not a sunshine" She said as she snuggled closer to her bed.

"yeah I hear that" Niall said as he said his goodnight's

PENELOPE'S POV

I woke up freezing with my comforter on the floor, that I probably had kicked off of my bed. I took Elliot in my hand as I started to walk downstairs.

As I walked down the stairs I saw something laying on the doormat. It was a letter. And it looked exactly like the other one my dad sent me before.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N

I am so so so so so sorry for not uploading in like over three months lovelies ❤️❤️❤️ I just didn't really know what I would do with this book, like where I would go with this. But I think I have a decent good ending planned I just have to have the creativity and mood to write that ending, but I promise that I will! ❤️

But! if you have an idea that you maybe want to give to me about this book then maybe I can put that in, bc my brain is a little crashed right now. And then you could go into my dm's on my new fan acc on Instagram that's ; ipayniallsbills on Instagram and if you want then maybe you could give a follow.🤭🥰

Treat people with kindness and have an amazing day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 232 57
This story is about a girl called Passion that gets adopted by one direction
14.1K 382 42
Seventeen year old Kaitlyn has to move to England with her family for her dad's new Job, while she's there she meets one direction but little did she...
554K 10.6K 45
Ali is a loving three year old. She loves to color and play dress up. One day when her parents leave her at a restaurant all alone and the boys from...
12.3K 161 32
Louis Tomlinson : 1/5 of world loved boy band one direction. All his life he thought he only had four sisters, Lottie, fizzy,phoebe and daisy. When i...