I Hate Him, I Love Him

By scars-and-cigarettes

Highest ranking: #40 in Spiritual - 21/08/2017 Not your average military love story ;) A story of two very... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 (The Wedding)
(New cover!!)
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Guess What Ya'll!!!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Author's Note
I Am Finally Back!!!

Chapter 49

835 42 25
By scars-and-cigarettes

Hassan's PoV:

I was so worried about Syra. There wasn't a single moment that I didn't think of her at my office. She was devastated, as if a part of her just died and I couldn't bear watching that. I wish she knew that she is as successful and amazing without that job, I wish I could make her understand that it's not the end of the world. But of course she gave her everything to her career just like I did to mine, so I can understand the pain of losing it.

Heck even I did some stupid things in fear of losing and destroying my career. We just become so helpless like that, don't we?

I was waiting anxiously to go home from office and check up on her. I figured she needed some time and space so I didn't bother her.

When I reached home, I knocked on the main door of our house for her to open the door. But no response. I tried knocking plenty of times but still nothing. I got worried and this never ending spiral of thoughts started invading my mind, with every possible bad thing that could have happened to her. I ran to the backside door which led to the kitchen, thankfully I keep it locked from the outside for emergencies. I dropped my briefcase and looked for the keys while muttering prayers under my breath.
Finally I found the keys and opened the lock with my shaking and sweaty hands. I push the door open abruptly and find the whole house completely dark. Why were the lights all off? I headed from the dinning room to the dark gallery and towards our room which was pitch black.
I couldn't see anything and turning the lights on to see what had happened, was freaking me out.

I placed my finger on the light switch and closed my eyes and turned the light on. When I opened my eyes, I saw Syra laying on bed and sound asleep. An ash tray filled with a couple of blunt and burnt cigarettes was kept on her side table with a strip of sleeping pills from which it was evident she took two.

WHAT THE HECK SYRA?! I let out my frustration.

I tried shaking her so she could wake up.
"Wha- Hassan?"

"DO YOU HAVE ANY FUCKING IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS??!!" I blurted.

"Don't shout at me!" She says irritably.

I take a deep breath to calm down.
"Okay sorry, but what the hell Syra?" I looked at her and towards the cigarettes.

"I wasn't well, okay and you know everything." She said while hardly opening her eyes.

"Yeah I know. But you don't get to do this to yourself!" I scold her.

"I am not a child Hassan, please just leave me alone, I will be fine!" She said, half asleep.

She wasn't in the right mind to talk, so I just let her sleep and decide to discuss it later when she's ready to speak.
I went outside the room and it hit me that she's going through a lot and me just scolding her wouldn't help but cause her more pain, she needs her space. But how can I let her ruin her health like that? Heck its 4 in the afternoon and she's still asleep in her PJ's!
I shake my head and go to my study room to work. If she thinks I won't keep worrying about her, she's wrong!
...........................................................................

Syra's PoV:

I feel so lightheaded as I rise from bed. It's so dark and I wonder what time it is. I open my lamp and in the yellow dim light I look at the wall clock and it's 7 pm?! Shit. I woke up got dressed and realised I had starved myself for so long. I made coffee for myself and put two slices of bran bread in the toaster. It was dark outside and I could see Hassan sitting in the cold outside.
He was sitting on a chair in the garden, shaking his legs out of distress. The warm slices of bread bounced up from the toaster and I placed them in a plate and took my coffee mug outside.
I sit beside him in a short heightened chair and he becomes surprised to see me.

"Hey" I say calmly.

"Hey, are you feeling okay?" He asks with concern.

"Yeah much better." I felt quite stable from before. I was such a mess and I don't even remember when Hassan had come.

"You started smoking again?" He inquires.

"I needed to." I say firmly.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" He says sadly.

"I am a failure, Hassan." My voice breaks as I am about to cry.

"Hey! Look at me." He says gently.
I look at him with tears welled up in my eyes.
"YOU. ARE. NOT. A. FAILURE. Okay?" He says emphasising on every word and I nod.

"But look at me, I am a mess." This time I couldn't control my tears.

"It's okay to cry. I won't stop you."

"Thanks" I sob.

"I know how you feel. I really do. But you have to be strong and move on, Syra."

"You don't get it Hassan. I am nothing without this. I don't even know what I am gonna do now? I don't want to be dependent on anyone."

"I am not "anyone" Syra. I am your husband. And you are my responsibility, whether you are independent or not. You can rely on me, you don't have to be dependent on me. But just trust me." He holds my hands in his, gently and looks into my eyes. "Trust me, I won't let you down or cause you any harm, everything will be okay, I promise."

                             .......................
Hassan's PoV:

"Okay." She smiles and keeps her head on my lap and I gently stroke her head to comfort her.
                                      .........
I went to office the next morning and didn't want to bother Syra, so I let her sleep. I still sleep in the living room sofa which is okay, but like my back seriously hurts now. But I can't complain. I just want her to be alright and happy again.

I come back home from a hectic day of work, hoping Syra would be up and my words would have some affect on her haha.

But no. I went in and she was still sleeping, prominent bags under her eyes and more cigarettes in the ash tray.

I was disappointed. Clearly whatever I had made her understand, didn't help otherwise she wouldn't be like this today. But again I should give her some time and understand.
I woke her up gently and  she went to get dressed, while I made chai (tea) for us.

I was waiting in the dinning room with the warm cup in my hand. She comes and sits infront of me over the table.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I am okay." She said tiredly.

"Here." I slide the bundle of Rupees (money) towards her.

"What's this?" She frowns.

"My pay. And this is yours."

"But you already pay for groceries and everything, what should I need this for?"

I chuckle.
"I know. But this is for you. Not for home expenses. For whatever you need for yourself."

"You're giving me YOUR money?" She felt slightly offended.

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

She looked down and tears rolled down her face.
"Nothing. I don't need your money. I am okay." She says firmly.

"Syra, there's nothing bad to feel about this. You're my wife and this is your right."

She looked ashamed.

Syra's PoV:

"There's nothing to feel ashamed about. I am keeping this on the dressing table. It's your choice if you wanna take it or not but it's yours and you can get it anytime." He smiled and left.
And I just stood there shocked.

I used to laugh at him, at his money, as if he was nothing. I always saw myself better than him. And today? I am no one, nothing and he's supporting me and being the bigger person. He's giving me my right when I am not even following the duties of a wife....

.........................................................................
Author's Note:

The chapter is finallyyyyy here phew!!!
I know its been ages so sorry to keep ya'll waiting😭

I know its short but it's just the beginning of an important plot (let's just hope I don't forget it cuz its been ages omg ._.)

Anyways I hope you liked the chapter! Lemme know what you think in the comments!

And yeah dun forget to vote comment and share 💕😍

And lets get this chapter to 50+ votes again❤️

Until next time (hopefully it will be soon😅) adiosss😎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Sitara By moonflowermeadow

Historical Fiction

386 69 20
In the high spirited kingdom of Sindh Sabat, Princess Zartashiya Hunayn's life takes an unexpected turn when she is married off to the inexplicable G...
73.9K 2.5K 53
[A SEQUEL OF ENTANGLED LOVE] I will suggest you, read Entangled Love before this book. For her, his happiness is the most crucial thing in the world;...
319 64 29
Meet Zara and Aryan, two young people from Pakistan with big dreams. Zara lives in Karachi, while Aryan lives in Islamabad. They both want to study m...
441K 18.9K 64
~Previously known as Secret Love.~ (Under editing) ~||Alhamdulillah๐Ÿ˜Š Winner ๐Ÿ† of Mystical 2.0 July Awards||~ You can never fight with your fate. T...