Grindelwald's Descendant Pt...

By booksOnbrain

"The moment has come to take our rightful place." *Sequel to Grindelwald's Descendant* Sebastian Gerard has b... More

1: Allies and Enemies
2: Enemies in High Places
3: Threat Revealed
4: First Strike
6:. Compromise

5: The Missing Weasley

21 2 0
By booksOnbrain

Sebastian wanted to be furious at Tessa, enraged. However he knew deep down he would've done the same thing. It still left too much to chance. Staying in Europe only left the two of them and MACUSA vulnerable. They stepped into the capital building and reported to Grace Scamander. His cousin was not only the right hand to the president, but head of law enforcement. She was the only person Sebastian really trusted anyways, other than his partner. Grace was in front of them with her forefinger taping her chin as she paced in circles.
"Are you telling me big Ron Weasley is missing too? Ron? The one who kicked ass a year ago, right hand to Harry Potter,"
"Yes that Ron," Tessa interjected.
"How did you figure that out?" She asked, her tone was short. Lately Grace seemed to be a bit short whenever she and Tessa talked. Sebastian was pretty sure the two of them were at odds. At least Grace was with her.
"I knew Ron when we met, he had a look on him. Somewhere between then and now his face changed. It was as if his skin had a different glow about it. His eyes kept changing colors. It wasn't normal."
The three Aurors looked at each other for a second. It was enough proof to start a real search. The only time that actually happened was when someone used a disguising charm. Sebastian knew that from personal experience. He wanted to beat himself for not noticing the change. Grace didn't give him enough wiggle room.
"Then you two have got to go back," Sebastian quickly turned to look at his older cousin surprised by her orders.
"Gracie, are you sure? What about MACUSA?" His concerns were quickly dismissed.
"Bastion you are the international division remember? You deal with threats outside of us, and I protect our people here. The ministry are our allies, and if they have a threat on the inside then they can fall. If that happens, Merlin himself wouldn't be able to save Europe. So, to prevent that investigate Ron Weasley," Sebastian paused as he swallowed a lump the size of a baby dragon. This was going to be hard. If they were right then perhaps they could save both countries, and if they were wrong Britain and America would have a wizarding war worse than ever.

Sebastian and Tessa disapperated back to Britain after consulting with Gracie. She promised to keep up the security at home, heighten the boarder protection for travelers as well. He wasn't excited about doing this, but it had to be done or else everyone was doomed. Tessa looked at Sebastian confused as the two of them stood in the Three Broomsticks. A few older witches and wizards scurrying past them, one shouting "move yankee witch" at Tessa.
"Why are we here again? Shouldn't we be investigating? If you're here for a drink I think you could've chosen a place better than this." She said, her voice irritable.
Sebastian presses his wand to Tessa's cheek before doing the same to herself. His partners features shift as her face became more round with roses cheeks, and sun yellow hair. Sebastian's hair became shorter with a rustic brown color, his eyes rounded with blue pupils. His nose broken which caused him to wince.
Tessa looked at her appearance and hair before storming out in disgust.
"Gerard I can't! Bas you jus," Sebastian quickly caught up to her within two quick steps and took her hand. He whispered in her ear. "We can not be discovered here. We are outside Hogwarts, that's why I brought us here."
"But Potter protected,"
"Tessa I can break through a protective enchantment with ease. He's our ally, but even he can't know about this. The last thing the head of the ministry's Auror department needs to hear is that his best friend is missing, and a possible threat is holding his other best friend, the minister as a potential captive." Sebastian was waiting for the lightbulb to click in Tessa's head. By his records this was the worst scenario he'd ever been in, including when he was a wanted man last year. All he could do was this: improvise with percussion.
"Okay, I get it. So Bastion, who are we?" Tessa finally realizing the quick thinking spoke calmly in an even tone.
"The two of us are siblings, we live in a flat near London, but decided to come here for old times sake. Reminisce on our days at Hogwarts." Sebastian hoped the cover story sounded good enough for Tessa to simply play along without asking questions. If she started second guessing things the entire plan would crumble. The two of them saw students walking by from the castle. They all were wearing big robes with the Hogwarts crest on them.
"Albus! C'mon Albus slow down!" Damn, Sebastian swore to himself. He had just started to piece a plan together, and it was already going to fall to pieces. Tessa must've seen ahead of him, or catching on. Honestly Sebastian didn't know what she was doing. All he could do was react as she pulled him close and they both shared a gentle kiss.

It was soft, sweet, and caring. It distracted the passing kids long enough for Sebastian to notice Albus potter walking by with a blonde hair boy, with two other kids as well. Tessa pulled away, her cheeks were red.
"We needed a distraction so I improvised," her tone blunt and direct. Sebastian chewed his lip and nodded his head. He wasn't going to express his thoughts about the kiss, or how he could go for another one. Right now they had to focus on the missing Weasley. Once the kids disappeared into the broomsticks Sebastian took Tessa's arm so they could disapperate again. The pair appeared in front of a London flat, brick building with black trim.
Sebastian wasted no time, he drew his wand unlocking the front door. Thank Merlin he mastered spelless magic. Tessa followed closely behind him as she whispered.
"If we were coming here what was the point of showing up at Hogwarts? Who's place is,"
"This is Hermione's house so touch nothing," Sebastian quickly interjected. He could hear the audible gasp escape Tessa's lips. She smacked his arm as they walked through the open floor plan. Their feet walking in the living room.

"Protective enchantments are linked through this entire house. So if you touch something the Aurors will be here. However since so many of them are missing I doubt a lot of them will show," Sebastian's eyes scanned the room as he waved his wand lightly looking for clues. Footsteps, hairs, anything.
"I went to Hogwarts because well, I wasn't thinking. I was actually thinking. Must've made a mistake." Tessa chuckled as Sebastian admitted his slip up.
"You made a mistake? That's not hard to believe," she quipped. Groaning, Sebastian glanced at his partner. Tessa was witty, and a bit of a smart-ass. Luckily he could deal with her, but she seemed worse than Gracie.
"Got something,"  Tessa chimed from the kitchen. Her voice like his was soft like a whisper. It was bad enough the two of them were breaking into the minister's house. The last thing they needed to do was walk in sounding like a pair of loud Thunderbirds and making a scene. Coming to her side Sebastian watched as Tessa pulled a few strands of red hair with fingerprints and crumbs from the counter.
"Must've been eating," she mused. Sebastian chuckled as he recalled Hermione scolding him about his table manners. Tessa looked at him, her brow furrowed in a knot of frustration. Sebastian watched her work. This was one of the many times he let her solve problems. She was still new which meant she had to gain experience in this part of the Auror business. There was a soft glimmer on the counter, Tessa noticed it moments after Sebastian did.
"This is fake, this counter," she realized. Sebastian stood behind her nodding his head. He pointed his wand at the counter, "Revelio" he chanted the spell softly as he turned his wand. The fine untouched marble counter changed. As the charm was undone the counter was covered with a large strain of blood with a clump of ginger red hair. So he was here, and he didn't leave willingly.
"This doesn't prove anything! We need to know where he," before Tessa could say another word Potter apperated into the living room. His wand was aimed at her while Sebastian trained his wand on the chosen one.
"Give me one reason why I shouldn't take you both in!" He shouted to them.
Sebastian kept his wand ready at Potter. His eyes housing an intense glare. Harry looked surprised.
"Sebastian what are you two doing!? This is the minister's house, Hermione's house! You both are trespassing"
"I forgot my tea set," Sebastian lies effortlessly. Potter didn't miss a beat.
"Bastion tell me why are you,"
"We don't have to tell you jack Potter, if you are even the real Harry Potter." Tessa interjected. Harry looked stunned at the two of them. He was offended by the very idea.
"Tessa what're you talking about? It's me, the only Harry James Potter in the world."
"Then tell me something," Sebastian interjected. "Tell me one thing you know about me. Something that no one else would know." This was the only thing Sebastian could think of that would test him. If this actually was Harry he'd have the answer, and if not this would be a two on one duel. A long and tense moment of silence hung in the air for what felt like hours, but was barely a single minute.
"Aurora Dumbledore, She was your first love. Last year during our battle against Damian she betrayed you and held me at wand point. She used, and manipulated you from the beginning; they both did." Sebastian lowered his wand instantly as that particular haunting reminder crawled down his spine.

Sebastian called Potter over as Tessa explained the details. She shared everything: why they left so suddenly, what Tessa saw on the imposter Ron, and showed him the latest discovery from the counter.
"Ron, we need to find him." Harry urged. They all agreed. There was no telling what kind of condition Ron would be in when they found him. Harry looked over the broken counter again as he sifted through the bits of hair and jagged marble.
"Here," he called out. It took a group effort as Tessa and Sebastian helped Harry uncover some strange markings on the counter. After clearing the mess of blood and hair the mark of the Puritan wand glowed with a white light. Written underneath in a deep red was a message.
Dobby's remains

Sebastian looked to Harry along with Tessa. He was out of his depth, they both were. Neither one of them knew who or what was Dobby. Harry looked at them.  "Hermione always said Ron was brilliant. I know where he is." Sebastian and Tessa took Harry's arm, refusing to let him leave without back up. This was their case too, and Sebastian felt personally responsible.  As they disapperated the trio found themselves on a beach a few feet from a tombstone. The heading read: 'Here lies Dobby a Free Elf''. Next to the headstone was a bloodied Ron Weasley.

"Ron!" Harry shouted to his best friend, and partner urgently. Rushing to his side Harry gripped his shoulders, shaking him. "Ron, wake up, wake up!" Sebastian looked on with concern. Was Ron Weasley dead?  Tessa screamed, "Bas!" Sebastian quickly turned on his heels seeing the trio of witches just as they began firing spells from their wands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 6.2K 73
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
191K 6.8K 96
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
133K 4.7K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
609K 30.8K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...