The Wedding Date: A Taekook S...

By alice_meadows

Taehyung is an elementary school teacher who's a constant disappointment to his family back in England. His e... More

Chapter One: The Invitation
Chapter Two: Coffee
Chapter Three: The Mother
Chapter Four: Fears
Chapter Five: Taking Flight
Chapter Six: Your Worth
Chapter Seven: Family
Chapter Eight: Confidence
Chapter Nine: Past & Present
Chapter Ten: The Ex
Chapter Eleven: Sweet Temptation
Chapter Twelve: The Perfect Gentleman
Chapter Thirteen: Hell
Chapter Fourteen: Excitement & Uncertainties
Chapter Fifteen: Adorable
Chapter Seventeen: Chocolate Kisses
Chapter Eighteen: Kinda in Love
Chapter Nineteen: Pearl
Chapter Twenty: Loved
Chapter Twenty-One: Comparisons
Chapter Twenty-Two: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Three: Nothing Like Us
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Truth
Chapter Twenty-Five: Surprises and Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Pillow Fort
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sweet Words and Sandwiches
Chapter Twenty-Eight: His Muse
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Cafe
Chapter Thirty: Coward's Confession
Chapter Thirty-One: Rain and Romance
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Rehearsal Dinner
Chapter Thirty-Three: Happiness
Chapter Thirty-Four: Our Euphoria
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Wedding
Chapter Thirty-Six: Objections
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Ann Marie
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Epilogue
Wedding Date RSVP Day
A Night at Epiphanies
Garden Venues
Blessings and Begonias
Coffee & Confessions
The Journey Begins
Catching Up
Family Baggage
Backup Plans and Ballrooms
Whipped
The Bachelor Parties
The Wedding
Announcement Time!

Chapter Sixteen: A Small Town

57.3K 3.4K 1.6K
By alice_meadows

*I'm going camping tomorrow for two days, my dad is coming to visit Friday, and I have a new roommate moving in on Saturday. I'm not packed, her room is not ready, and my house is a mess. But I did finish this chapter. So that's something right?*

...

By the time the two boys reach town, it is well past twelve, and Taehyung is a hot mess. There are leaves in his blond hair, dirt smudges on his cheeks and clothes, and a slight sunburn on his nose. And yet Jungkook thinks he is probably the cutest person he's ever laid eyes on.

"Sorry I took us the long way, Kookie...I hope you don't mind," Taehyung exclaims, and Jungkook flashes him a sweet smile.

"I don't mind at all, Taehyung. It was fun,"

"Right!" Taehyung cheers, bringing a bubbling laugh out of Jungkook's lips. They wander aimlessly down a cobblestone street with a few other people, but no one who pays attention to the odd pair. It isn't until Jungkook takes ahold of Taehyung's hand and pulls him to the side that some people glance their way.

"You have dirt on your face, Tae..." Jungkook exclaims when Taehyung's bright questioning eyes burn into him. Taehyung blushes as Jungkook pulls the leaves from his hair, and dusts the dirt from his cheeks, gently stroking his soft face. Jungkook doesn't even notice the people around them, yet Taehyung does and hesitantly steps away, wiping the rest of the dirt from his skin.

"You could've just told me..." Taehyung mumbles, his cheeks still bright with embarrassment.

"I could've, but I enjoyed this more," Jungkook says, staring down at Taehyung softly, "Why are you embarrassed now...?"

"Most of the people in this town don't know I'm gay...it's a small town...I don't want to cause Grandma any troubles," Taehyung whispers, looking past Jungkook to the few people staring at them. Jungkook wants to pull Taehyung into a hug and tell him everything will be all right. That he doesn't have to worry or pretend around him...but Jungkook grew up in the city. He doesn't understand small town mentality, so he reluctantly nods his head and swallows his rebuttals.

"I understand..." Jungkook quietly says before Taehyung looks up and meets his eye. His eyes instantly widen when he sees Jungkook's cold gaze, his own inner turmoil hidden behind a tense mask.

"No! Wait! Don't misunderstand! I'm not embarrassed of you or being with you it's just—"

"No, Tae, I do understand," Jungkook interjects with a small smile, "I just wish you could believe in yourself and others more. It shouldn't matter to these people that you have a male lover. It shouldn't matter that you're gay since you are an amazing human being. But I will honor your request since I didn't grow up here. I don't want to make you uncomfortable..." Jungkook murmurs, and Taehyung can feel his heart swell with bliss and adoration for this man.

"I so don't deserve you..." Taehyung whispers and Jungkook laughs lightly.

"Funny. I've been thinking the same thing," Jungkook says with a wink that has Taehyung's cheeks flushing once again, "So...where do you want to go first, Taehyung?"

"Maybe the bookstore? Then we can get some lunch and wander about some more? And if there is any shop you want to stop in, please let me know!" Taehyung suggests, grinning when Jungkook smiles at him.

"That sounds wonderful. I'll do my best to refrain from flirting too..." Jungkook mumbles as the two of them start to head towards the bookstore.

"Thank you...and I'm sorry..." Taehyung says.

"Don't apologize, Taehyung. You have every right to tell me when you're uncomfortable with something," Jungkook exclaims, determined to get Taehyung to understand that fact. Taehyung looks at the ground, walking beside Jungkook silently as he thinks about what he just said. In the past, Taehyung had to swallow his complaints and discomforts. Daniel wouldn't care if something he did made him uncomfortable. He wouldn't care if Taehyung didn't want to publicly show affection or listen to him talk about past lovers. He'd just do it anyways and not care how upset Taehyung would get even if they were engaged.

But Jungkook is not Daniel. He has to remind himself of that. Things that upset Daniel don't even phase Jungkook. Jungkook likes Taehyung's goofy, childish, ways. He likes to talk about anything and everything with Taehyung, and he's okay with giving him space when he's uncomfortable. Jungkook doesn't purposefully toy with him or manipulate him or push his boundaries even when it is known he's not comfortable. Jungkook is not Daniel. And Taehyung is so grateful for that.

It is like muscle memorization for Taehyung to find the bookshop. The town isn't that big, nor has much changed in the past five years or so. The scent of old and dusty books consumes the two of them as they push open the large, heavy, wooden door; a small bell chimes and instantly there is a rustle from the back of the store. The sight consumes Jungkook and he quickly pulls out his phone, taking pictures of the ancient yet magical bookstore.

"Welcome! Welcome! I'll be with you in a moment!" a deep, gravelly, voice chimes and Taehyung smiles brightly.

"I can believe he's still here..." Taehyung mumbles under his breath and Jungkook stops taking pictures to look down at Taehyung, "He's this Scottish ex-fisherman who moved here after a really bad boating accident. He opened this shop with the proceeds won from that," Taehyung quietly explains as he leads Jungkook further into the bookstore. They walk around a corner of crammed and poorly organized bookshelves to see a tall ginger-haired male precariously perched on the top of a rickety ladder. His bulging arms are filled with books, yet beneath his shirt sleeves, Jungkook can see faint scars, faded tattoos, and burnt skin.

"Heya Paps!" Taehyung cries and the man looks down quickly. Jungkook's surprised to see that the man is barely older than him—maybe early thirties—with bright gleaming blue eyes and the largest smile on his face.

"Taehyung! You're back!" the man shouts, setting the books haphazardly on the ladder rung before scrambling down to pull Taehyung into an extremely tight hug. The blond hugs him back, though Jungkook tries to ignore it. He wants to ignore the burning jealousy slithering it's way through his gut, yet it is hard not to feel it when he sees how close the two of them are. Finally, 'Paps' releases Taehyung from his grappling hug and sets him gingerly on the ground again, "Man, I feel like it's been forever!"

"About five years give or take," Taehyung murmurs, his bright boxy smile not leaving his face as he turns to Jungkook, "Kookie, this is my friend Paps. I've known him forever, but when I was younger I couldn't properly pronounce his name so Paps just stuck," he adds, and Jungkook forces a polite smile on his face.

"I'm Jungkook. Nice to meet you," he says, accepting the handshake that Paps initiates. His large hand is warm and worn, covered in old scars and callouses.

"Where'd you two meet? You got a unique accent..."

"As do you. I'm from Seoul in South Korea...English is my second language," Jungkook retorts and Paps laughs.

"Yeah, I haven't been able to shake my Scottish brogue no matter how long I've been here..."

"You talk as if you're super old, Paps," Taehyung teases and the Scottish man laughs, running his fingers sheepishly through his hair.

"I've been in this town for almost fifteen years, bub..."

"Wow, it has been a while...how are you and Sadie doing?" Taehyung curiously asks, and Paps sighs.

"Yeah, that ended unfortunately. I've just been playing the field...keeping my options open..." the man says, and Jungkook feels his jealousy curdle in his veins. He doesn't like how the man stares at Taehyung. Doesn't like how close Taehyung is to him when he holds ill intentions in his gaze. He may not hurt Taehyung, but there's just something...something he isn't fond of...

"Taehyung, did you want to look around a bit while we're here?" Jungkook gently asks, wanting to get Taehyung away from this man.

"You can, Kookie, I'm going to catch up with Paps a bit more..." Taehyung innocently replies, not realizing that answer just fuels Jungkook's envy. He clenches his jaw and nods, trying to keep his discomfort to himself.

"I'll be right over here if you need me..." Jungkook mutters with a smile on his lips. Taehyung nods and turns back to Paps, happily telling him about college and his teaching in Korea. Jungkook keeps an ear out as he browses, his eyes scanning titles only so he doesn't enviously watch the two of them. Taehyung finds himself leaning against the bookshelf after talking for several minutes with Paps next to him. He's missed the funny Scottish man who used to always tell him tales of grand adventures even though he's not that old.

"I'm sorry about you and Sadie. You guys looked like you were doing well last time I was here..." Taehyung murmurs and Paps laughs.

"That was five or so years ago, Taehyung. A lot can change in that time. I mean look at you. You grew up into a fine little gentleman," he compliments, and Taehyung finds himself blushing at the compliment.

"Thank you..." his gaze flickers to Jungkook momentarily before Paps clears his throat.

"And...what about you? Have you found a nice little miss to keep you company?" Paps asks, leaning against the bookshelf next to Taehyung. The blond looks over at Jungkook again before shaking his head no.

"No such luck, I'm afraid. I've been travelling and teaching quite a bit, so I haven't really had the time..." Taehyung lies, not wanting to tell Paps that the reason he hasn't found a nice miss is because he prefers a nice mister . Yet, there's an odd, burning, gaze in Paps' piercing blue eyes that Taehyung can't ignore, "Is something wrong...?"

"No, not really...it's just there's a rumor that has gone around town..." Paps' words have Taehyung's blood frozen, and his body numb.

He can hear his heart pound in his ears as he meekly says, "Oh...?"

"Yeah, bout three weeks ago or so? Heard from a bloke at the pub that you bat for the same team. If you know what I mean..." Paps mumbles and Taehyung can feel his composure slipping.

"I...that's—"

"Hey, I'm not judging if it is true, bub...I'm just curious," Paps mumbles, stepping closer to Taehyung. The blond bites anxiously at his bottom lip, not really sure if he should answer this question or not.

"It may or may not be true..." Taehyung hesitantly replies; he's shocked when he sees a smirk curl it's way over Paps tanned face.

"Really now? That's intriguing for sure..." he takes a step towards Taehyung, "You know, you really have grown into a beautiful man..."

"Oh um—" Taehyung is cut off when Paps lunges at him, pulling him into a rough kiss that Taehyung instantly rejects. He tries to shove him away, but he isn't strong enough. Luckily, Jungkook runs over and drags the man off, shoving him painfully into a table stacked high with books that go tumbling down.

"What the hell?! You can't just do that to Taehyung!" Jungkook shouts at Paps. He's surprised when he feels Taehyung cling to his back, his face pressed between Jungkook's shoulder blades. He looks back at Taehyung, anger rising in his veins when he sees the poor boy trembling.

"Fuck off. This isn't any of your business," Paps growls and Taehyung goes from scared to angry in two seconds flat.

"Jungkook is my boyfriend. He has every right to protect me from a scumbag like you. What the hell, Paps! I trusted you. I've always valued your friendship, and yet you harbor nasty thoughts about me like that. Why would you do that?!" Taehyung snaps, and Paps laughs, getting to his feet with a groan.

"I figured you'd be fine with it,"

"Just because I'm gay doesn't mean you can force yourself on me. Not every guy will fucking do, you piece of shit. Who told you the rumor? Where'd you hear it from?" Taehyung spits and Paps laughs, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

"Everywhere. I'm told you're a very easy bloke, Taehyung," he sneers and Jungkook sees red.

"Call him easy again, I dare you," Jungkook growls, stepping forwards with his hands clenched in angry fists. The only thing that stops him is Taehyung's arms wrapping around his muscular waist, his forehead once again pressed against his back.

"Calm down, Kookie, he's not worth it. Let's just go..." Taehyung whispers, his emotions a wild rollercoaster in his body. Jungkook moves so his arm is wrapped around Taehyung's waist, his grip firm and secure as Taehyung looks up into his conflicted eyes. Without another word, the two of them storm out of the bookshop, not looking back at the man Taehyung used to call a friend.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook instantly asks, his hand rubbing up and down Taehyung's side as they make their way to an isolated alleyway.

"No..." Taehyung admits, and Jungkook stops, pulling him in front of him before lifting his chin with his hand gently.

"Talk to me, Tae..." Jungkook demands before Taehyung sighs, all of his emotions whirling through him like a chaotic whirlwind.

"I'm pissed and scared and upset...he was my oldest friend. He was the one person I would never expect to do something like that. And yet—" Taehyung stops and gestures wildly while Jungkook fights his rage and jealousy, "And to top it off, someone's been telling everyone I'm gay, and—"

"And now you own it. So, what if they know you're gay. You've got me. And I'm not going anywhere," Jungkook interjects, his dark chocolate gaze melting Taehyung's tense body. He leans into Jungkook, resting his head against his sturdy chest as two very warm muscular arms wrap around his waist. This too feels different. When Paps hugged him, it was almost suffocating. When he kissed him, it was terrifying. Taehyung hates that every interaction he's had with men has only left him scared and traumatized. Except with Jungkook. He cares for Taehyung, and his touch is like a comforting blanket. Not a noose. Jungkook runs his hands gently up and down Taehyung's back, kissing the top of his head as Taehyung's hands cling to him, "What can I do for you, Taehyung? What will make this better...?" Jungkook whispers and Taehyung sighs.

"A pint of ice cream and a flight back to Korea?" he jokes before Jungkook chuckles, the sound reverberating in his chest against Taehyung's ear.

"How about some lunch, ice cream, and Ann Marie...? Will that suffice?" Jungkook suggests, smiling brightly when Taehyung nods, nuzzling into Jungkook's hug even more. Jungkook can't stop the adoration swelling in his heart at Taehyung's cute gesture, "Let's get back to the manor then,"

"Not yet...just...just hold me a bit longer..." Taehyung whispers, and Jungkook smiles, tightening his grip on Taehyung's waist as one very powerful thought flickers through his mind:

I'm so fucked; I'm falling in love with this boy...

...

And that's all she wrote! As you can guess, I've got a very busy week ahead, so I might not be able to write anytime soon, but I will try! Thank you for reading this story and I hope you enjoy your week/weekend! See you in a little bit!

~Alice

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 944 33
"For how many men you blush for jungkook, am I not enough? You want dick right. I'll give you everything just be mine" "Here I thought you've changed...
2.9K 128 2
Where Tae fucks his wife's bestfriend on his wedding day who happens to bring out the beast in him. . . . Taehyung Jungkook
120K 5.8K 44
When Life fucks you without a condom, you get impregnated by the worst fate possible, but you must enjoy the ride as much as you can, that's what Jeo...
2.3K 174 14
In early werewolf era , strict and disciplined university professor Jeon Jungkook moved from Seoul to Daegu to work as a math teacher at Omega High S...