Left Behind

By Shadowlock98

Things were not suposed to turn out like this. We were suposed to wake up sooner, not 12,000 years in the fut... More

Awaken
A long way from home
Expedition into the unknown
Supply Run
Breakdown
One step ahead, One step back.
Unexpected allies and Preparations
Assault on Fort Skip Stones Part 2
Assault on Fort Skip Stone Part 3
Masterpiece
Short Story - Winter Lane
Notice

Assault on Fort Skip Stones Part One

251 2 5
By Shadowlock98

(A/N) Howdy y'all, just checking on you to see if your ok. Please be warn that this chapter is a bit darker then normal so...yea just letting you know. If you like dark things, then I its ok what you like. Still kinda new so don't be mad and take my firewood. Kinda need that to tell more stories. Anyway that's all I wanted to say so grab a seat and some S'mores.

Max POV

After when We got back to the station, I set the four water tanks down on the floor and waited to see what we're going to do next. I can see Nova holding multiple strange color bottles and walk up to the tank and pour it in.

Nova: Trust me, you will thank me for this.

I didn't understand what she is implying, but I would rather not ask about it. Mia jump down from my mech and I depart from it. I walk up to Nova while Mia ran to the armory.

Max: The time is 9:56am. You do know were not going to make it tonight.

Nova: I know in thirty minutes were attacking so here.

Nova reach into her bag again and pulled out some snakes that Mia got. She pulled out 2bags of chips and three cans of a drink called Sea Splash.

Nova: Eat up, it is all we have left.

It wasn't much, but I already kind of got used to it. As I was eating food with Nova, Mia return to the room wearing a white fox mask that have red paint trickling down from the eyes and her metal arm replace to become more shaper. She is wearing advance combat armor that ordinary knifes couldn't penetrate and a satchel she used to raid the city the other day and holding a red and black mountain ice pick. She sat down next to us and grab a can and a few chips.

Mia: I should go down there and grab more.

Nova: You should very soon, it our final meal.

Mia just pick up a can and with her pick, she poke a hole in the can and drank it. When she was finished, she crush the can with her head and toss the can to the side. Both Nova and I just watch her while she was doing all that.

Max: D-did you just shotgun that drink???

Mia: I DON'T KNOW, LETS GOO!!!

Nova: Mia wait I need to tell you something.

Mia: Hmm what is it?

As Mia and Nova were talking to each other, I embark my mech and start it up. I reach and grab one of the water tank and equip it next to the gas for the flame thrower. Once I hear the lock sound, I knew that they were ready to be used. Soon when they were done, Mia hop on the mech shoulder and sat down.

Nova: Ok here is the plan. When I send you down there, Mia will find the core while Max will keep them distracted by any means. Once Mia found the core she will send me the exact cornets and you two will regroup. Then I will transport you back to base. Any questions?

Mia: I do. Why can't you transport the core to us?

Nova: The drones could locate it, however, not the exact cornets. It will consume too much power to our base for something that we do not need, or we might teleport the entire fort to the ship.

Mia: Sounds about right. Anyway, let's go

Nova: The time is 10:27am once I teleport you to the ground, head for the base of the mountain I will support Max with my drones and ping them so make sure to defend yourself. Remember, we are dealing with terrorist, so we must not take any chances.

I was already standing on the teleporter. With every passing moment, I can feel my heart beating more aggressively. Soon when Nova enter the cords, we were at the ground. Mia then pointed at the mountain I walk over there while moving the trees to make a path. When we saw the fort, I saw many of those octarians and "tentacle creatures" looking at us in disbelief almost as if they were in shock.

Mia: Max throw me, so I can lower the gate.

I snap out of it and did what Mia told me to do. I made sure not put too much power and over shot Mia while also not undershooting so Mia don't hit the floor. When Mia got up and ran on my arm, I have my hand open and ready to throw.

Mia: NOW!!!

I then threw Mia in an arc to the fort. Then my mind clicks in and OH LORD I THREW MIA, LET ALONE I THREW HER INTO DANGER. I look where she landed, and she didn't make it over the wall. Her body landed on the wall and she is using her pick and her sharpen hand to climb the wall. Those creatures are starting to move in a panic frenzy. I had to do what I can to support her until she opens the gate so I can get inside. I grab a tree from the forest, set the tree on fire, and chuck it at the fort which I can see them in a panic state. In the corner of my eyes, I can see their watch tower inside the wall is made of wood, so I walk over there with another tree in my hand and ready my flamethrower and set the building a blaze. I can hear some of the screams emitting from the flames, but I knew the dangers of what people are capable of, so I feel no remorse from them. I walk over to the other watchtower and I can see some of them are jumping off from the tower. I ready my weapon and did them same. Some of them couldn't make it in time as were set on fire. I set the tree on fire and threw one inside the fort which in turn cause more panic. I can already hear some of their cries.

???: HELP MEE PLEASE!!!

???: PUT OUT THE FIRE!!!

???: I CAN'T SEE!!!

It doesn't matter, these people are part of a dangerous group. As I look over, I saw Mia finally scaled the wall and proceeded to rush to open the gate. I had Nova tag her so I can see where she is all the time so I can be sure I don't accidently hit her or set her on fire. I hope she doesn't get into too much trouble.

Mia POV

Damn Maximax save some for me, when I scale over the wall, Nova was telling me where the gate control was. Along the way, I saw a few octarians that were in a state of shock of what was going on. I used it as an opportunity to quickly dispose them by stabbing one with my pick and crushing the skull with my metal hand to the other. As ink pour from their wounds, I grab my pick and continue making my way to the gate. As I was looking for the switch, I can see multiple octolings and tentacle are panicking while some of the are giving orders while trying not to show fear themselves. As long as I stay hidden, then I don't have to worry about a sneak attack. When I went down from the wall, I saw a building near the gate. Without thinking, I knew the gate control was there, so I went inside. When I enter, there was only a few light sores, but I can still see very clearly in front of me. As I encounter a few more octolings, I found the gate controls being guarded by three octarians. I threw my pick at the middle octarian and threw my satchel to the one on the left. I then grab one on the right that let his guard down and bite down on its throat and toss him to the side letting him blead out. The octarian on the left was in a state of shock as he saw his friends got killed and bleeding out, or I think he was his friend. They knew what they were getting themselves when they joined so I made sure to end him as painless as possible. I reach down to grab my pick, I can see the octoling grab his ink gun and shot me in the face. I can hear him doing a pre-celebration and laughter. I wipe the purple ink on my face and swing my pick when he wasn't looking. I walk up to the gate controls and lower the gate. When the gate lower and I can even hear more screams in the distance, I smash the console making it impossible to raise the gate.

???: The gates are down

???: We are going to die

???: Get on the walls and ink that monster.

Seems like I did a good job. When I turn around, there was a purple blood trail and the octoling that I bite was gone. I walk out of the room and I saw him in the hallway holding his neck and he seems to be stumbling quite a bit. I gave chase to him which in turn just made him even faster.

Third POV

As Mia was chasing the octoling, the octoling trip at the interception while still holding his neck with tears in its eyes. A few troopers saw this and when they were about to assist the octoling. When they got close, something pull him back to the hallway out of their view follow by screams. The two trooper just stood there then out came Mia cover in purple ink. She then turns her head towards them with a big smile showing her multiple sharp teeth's that is also dripping with ink. She reaches into her satchel and toss an incendiary grenade towards the troopers. They both look at it before it explodes which sets them on fire. They try to extinguish the flames with their ink but with no effect and the result was they were burn to ashes. Mia with the exit cutoff have no choice but to look for another way out.

As for what was happening on the outside. When the gate was lowered, Max with his mech enter the base without fear of getting stuck in the fort mote. He began to target the troops that were in groups. He shoots the troops with both fire and water which cause heavy vapor at them. Those that were unfortunate to be caught in this were feeling their body burning and tearing apart from both inside and out. As for Agent One, Two, Three, and Eight, When the gate lower, they waited for the mech to move inside before moving to not be seen by it. Once they were inside, Agent one also known as Callie along with Agent Three went inside the building to find Agent 4 while Agent Two and Eight went to higher ground to keep track of the mech and to make sure no octarians went inside the building.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 431 23
Agents 3 and 8 have just gotten out of deep sea metro and there great friends but a feeling deeper than friendship is bubbling inside both of them wi...
18.6K 301 53
"Thank god I'm alive. I wish I don't have to relieve the suffering again." ... His name is Prince Brooks. One of the few humans that was inserted int...
37.7K 402 16
Once a bitter beginning, it turned into a warm relationship. 3 doesn't like the idea of being replaced by you, so none of you get along well. Not for...
8.7K 151 55
Time is the force that shapes life. It is the constant that drives change and evolution. As time flows, life adapts and thrives in new environments a...