Gather The Ashes || Stilinski...

By soulfulstiles

[BOOK THREE] Sierra Page struggled with moving on. The events from earlier that winter were permanently engra... More

Rights
Cast
Playlist
Part One
One
Two
Three
RANDOM
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
VERY IMPORTANT PSA
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Part Two
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
NEW BOOK

Twenty-Two

3.3K 84 29
By soulfulstiles

"STILES, CAN I BOTHER YOU FOR A SECOND?"

Without missing a beat, Stiles replied, "You always bother me, Liam, but go ahead."

Liam rolled his eyes, following Stiles into the locker room with his lacrosse bag. "I just wanted to know if you've heard from Scott; I haven't seen him all afternoon."

"Maybe because he had a date," Stiles informed the freshman, not really in the mood to talk with him. He was aware of how Liam had been treating Sierra, and he wasn't pleased. Not in the slightest. "I got a text from him earlier and he said he might be a little late."

"Well, how late is late?" Liam wanted to know, clearly nervous about the lacrosse game. "Is he always late?" His words slurred together, his anxiety on the rise. "We're playing Devenford Prep again and this time it's an actual game. He shouldn't be late!"

"Who shouldn't be late?"

Both boys turned to see Coach looking at them in confusion, Stiles's eyes falling to the girl beside him.

Sierra sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose once Coach stopped their conversation. She had arrived earlier to keep the man occupied, but because of Liam, he now knew his captain wouldn't be arriving on time.

Sierra and Stiles exchanged annoyed looks as Liam realized his mistake. Blowing out a breath, Liam told Coach Finstock the truth. "Scott and Kira."

"They might be slightly late," Stiles added, emphasizing the second to last word so his teacher wouldn't freak out.

Coach stuttered, bewildered by the confession. "Uh, slightly late still late," he stammered. "W-What're they doing?"

The three just stared at him.

Sierra spoke up, fiddling with her earlobe nervously. "They're...just doing something that will make them slightly late."

"What could Scott and Kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?" Coach demanded, not accepting her vague response.

Stiles squinted his eyes. Surely the man wasn't being serious. He sighed, "Oh, Coach."

"It doesn't matter where they are, they'll be here in time for the game," Sierra replied more appropriately to assure Coach Finstock. "Alright? Now, if I remember correctly you and I needed to go on the field and talk with the other coaches and referees." She handed him his clipboard before gently pushing him forward. "Let's go."

Coach grumbled, but didn't clearly speak anymore. He headed towards the locker room door, Liam watching him leave while he bit back a laugh.

Turning to face his girlfriend, Stiles grinned. "Nice work, string bean."

"I do try, you know," she teased, returning his smile. Sierra glanced between him and Liam, her face dulling at the sight of the freshman. "I, uh, I'll see you later," Sierra promised Stiles, excusing herself. "Bye."

Liam, who had cast his gaze to the floor when she looked at him, didn't say anything as she left.

Stiles on the other hand whirled around to Liam with narrowed eyes. "Okay, what the hell is wrong with you?"

Liam raised his head, startled. "I'm sorry?"

"Yeah, you're going to be sorry if you don't start explaining to me why you're treating my girlfriend like shit," Stiles snapped, moving away towards his personal locker. "She hasn't done anything to you, Liam."

"I never said she did," Liam fired back, following him to his own space. "I'm not treating her any different!"

Stiles knew he was lying. In fact, Liam knew he was lying to himself.

"I can't believe you," Stiles scoffed, setting his lacrosse bag on the bench. He faced him with glare. "Ever since she started tutoring you, Sierra always told me and Scott how much potential you had. In the classroom and in the heart."

Stiles lowered his voice so their teammates wouldn't overhear. "And when Scott bit you, do you know who practically bit his and my head off? Sierra. It wasn't because she didn't want you to be apart of our family, it's because she didn't want you to have to live with the sacrifices we always have to make," he stated intently, enunciating every word perfectly clear. "She's protected you and she has cared for you just like she's done for all of us. And what have you done to thank her? You let your anger out."

Stiles shook his head, disappointed. "I know you could probably kick my ass if I even tried to hurt you," he continued, but held Liam's eye contact as he declared sternly, "but when you hurt her, you hurt me. You hurt Scott. And neither of us will hesitate to show exactly how big of a mistake that would be."

Stiles narrowed his eyes once more. "If you're not going to treat her nice, don't even go near her," he warned seriously. "Don't talk to her, don't even look at her. Sierra has been through too much shit and I will not allow you, of all people, make her suffer more. Do I make myself clear?"

Liam stared at him, wide-eyed. Never in his life did he think Stiles was capable of getting so angry. His heart had remained calm the entire time, letting Liam know he meant every word he said. Stiles didn't care that Liam was a werewolf, or a mere freshman. No one hurt Sierra. End of story.

Liam bowed his head with a sigh, "Yes."

Stiles nodded, satisfied with his response, before he muttered, "Good. Now go get ready for the game; Scott and Kira will be here soon."

However, as the lights to the field kicked on and people started filing into the bleachers, the couple still didn't appear. Stiles filled the time by putting on his gear, his teammates doing the same as they crowded around the bench.

Liam sat beside him hesitantly, weary of the boy since they talked in the locker room. But the spot next to him was the only spot available.

"What did I say, Liam?" Stiles questioned him five minutes later, not even sparing him a glance as he adjusted his shoulder pad.

Liam snapped his head away from where his eyes had fallen on Sierra, who stood a few feet away beside Coach as they observed the Devenford Prep players on the field. Liam sighed, grumbling under his breath, "Don't look at her."

Stiles finally looked at him with a grin. "That's right! Wow, I'm genuinely shocked you listened for once."

"I just want to know if she's heard from Scott," Liam defended. "You know, since he still isn't here!?"

"Okay, what's wrong?" Stiles questioned him. "Is it the full moon? Is that why you're being a jerk? It's not even for twenty four more hours. Just don't rage out on anyone and you'll be fine."

"Geez, thanks for the great advice," Liam sarcastically replied, rolling his eyes. "You're telling me you're not worried about Scott and Kira?"

"Okay, I'm mildly concerned," Stiles expressed as he reached down to grab his phone out of his bad. "Mildly."

Unlocking his screen, his fingers typed out another message to Scott. Stiles internally was starting to freak out, but he couldn't exactly say that to Liam.

If Liam thought Sierra and Stiles believed something was wrong, he would start to believe something was wrong. And then the mess would just grow from there.

"We're going to lose without them," Liam said, his eyes flitting to the Devenford Prep players.

"No, we're not," Stiles replied optimistically. "We can be just as good without Scott."

*^*^*^*^*

The Beacon Hills Cyclones did not play well without Scott McCall.

Even with Coach drawing out the plays perfectly on his whiteboard and Sierra shouting encouragement, the boys simply failed when it came to execution. Sierra winced as Stiles got tackled by three players, turning her head away from the game.

"Come on!" Coach shouted angrily as the first period ended with Devenford Prep winning four to nothing. The whistle blew, sending everyone to the benches before the second quarter would start.

Liam approached Stiles and Sierra, who had taken a seat next to her boyfriend when he got taken out of the game. Both of them looked worried, Stiles already shrugging off his extra padding. "Where are you going?" Liam asked.

"He isn't going anywhere," Sierra answered, sending Stiles a warning  glare when he tried to protest. "I, however, am going to go call Scott again."

Liam didn't like that plan. "You're leaving?"

"For like two minutes," Sierra assured him. "He isn't answering Stiles so I'm gonna try and call him and Kira."

"What are you going to do if they don't answer?"

Sierra motioned to Stiles, explaining, "Then I'm gonna come back, grab him and his dad and we're going to leave to check out the loft." She pointed to Noah, who sat in the bleachers next to Malia, as they both had come to show their support. "And as for Coach..."

The three turned to see the man throw his clipboard onto grass, Sierra letting out a sigh. "Don't tell him anything, I'll be right back," she promised, rising to her feet. Squeezing Stiles's hand, she sent the boys one last smile before she abandoned the bench.

Liam's ears perked as he then heard her explain her actions to the sheriff and Malia, who asked if they should stay in case Scott came back. "Yeah," Sierra agreed. "I think that'll work. I'll be right back; I get better service by the concession stand."

"Liam!" Coach shouted, making him wince. "Get on the field!"

And Liam held no power to disagree.

*^*^*^*^*

"Come on, Scott," Sierra grumbled from behind the bleachers. "Pick up, pick up, pick up."

She had already rung Kira five times with no luck, and her insides twisted with every dial tone when Scott didn't answer. Walking around to calm herself down, she wandered farther away from the field towards the school. "Dammit," Sierra cursed, pulling her phone away from her ear at the sound of his voicemail. "Scott, why aren't you answering?"

"He's a little preoccupied at the moment," a familiar low voice entered her ears, chuckling under their breath.

Sierra whirled around, scanning the area around her. Movement from the corner of her eye made her freeze, and she glared towards a dark corner of the school building. "What the hell did you do?" Sierra snapped, her fingers tightening around her phone.

Sierra didn't flinch as Kate stepped out of the shadows, a smirk stretched across her lips. "I haven't done anything," Kate replied, feigning innocence. "Not yet anyways."

She stood before Sierra completely human, her brown hair tucked behind her shoulders while she shoved her hands into her leather jacket. Sierra's glare hardened at the sight of her.

"Where is he?" Sierra demanded, her voice stone cold. "Tell me right now, I swear, or I'm gonna—"

"You're going to what?" Kate questioned, acting curious. "Earthquake me to death? In front of all these people?" Kate scoffed, "Like you'd ever put innocents in danger. Face it, Sierra, you can't touch me."

"Is that a challenge?" Sierra narrowed her eyes. "You have no idea what I'm capable of. I can break every bone in your body without even raising my hand."

"Just because you can doesn't mean you will," Kate retorted, taking a step forwards. Her brown eyes disappeared under an emerald sea as she taunted her. "Because I have Scott. If you kill me, you lose him."

Sierra's face fell at her words, Kate's smirk widening. She watched Sierra's fingers curl into tight fists, the girl's heart pounding. "So what's it gonna be?" Kate pushed.

Sierra's nose twitched in anger and she lifted her head, spitting, "What do you want?"

"Oh, you'll find out soon enough." Kate didn't reveal anything. "But you need to make a decision, Sierra. You come with me silently, your little family doesn't get hurt. You even lift a finger, I send my Berserkers after every person in those stands to be ripped to shreds. Your call."

Sierra knew what she had to do; there was only one way to go. Casting a glance over her shoulder, she frowned from hearing the crowd cheer, thinking of how Stiles and the others were anxiously waiting for her to come back.

Kate tilted her head as Sierra slowly uncurled her fists and sighed.

Kate smiled. "Smart girl."

"I go with you," Sierra clarified, "They don't get hurt. Right?"

"Right."

Kate flicked her hair over her shoulder, laughing as she turned around. "Now, come along, we've got a long drive ahead of us."

*^*^*^*^*

"Okay, that's it."

Stiles couldn't handle his worry anymore. Since Liam was occupied with the game, Stiles slipped off the bench to converse with his father and Malia. "Is she still not back?" He rushed out.

"Unfortunately not," Noah shook his head.

"Then something's wrong," Stiles decided. "Come on, Dad. Let's go find her; we'll pick her up and head to the loft." He turned to Malia. "I need you to stay here."

"What? Why?" Malia didn't want to stay. "If Sierra needs help, I'm coming with you."

"I need you to watch over Liam," Stiles told her seriously. "He's worried about Scott and Sierra, and the game and the full moon. In case something goes wrong, I need you here."

Malia sighed, but nodded her head. "Okay."

Stiles smiled at her gratefully before looking at his dad. "You ready? She said she went by the concession stand, right?"

Stiles left the field, Noah right on his heels as they headed where Sierra said she'd be. However, the empath was nowhere in sight.

"Okay, thank you," Noah gave a small smile to the concession stand worker before rejoining his son's side. "Unfortunately, they didn't see anything; he's been on his phone the entire time."

Stiles exhaled deeply, not bothering to hide his disappointment. "You don't think she went onto the loft without telling us, do you?" He asked.

"Sierra is a smart girl, Stiles," Noah assured him. "She wouldn't just wander off."

Stiles rubbed the back of his neck, nodding repeatedly as he tried to absorb his father's words. After all, Sierra always said she could take care of herself.

But as soon as his eyes landed on an item sticking out among the gravel, Stiles quickly changed his mind.

He didn't say a word, leaving Noah's side to stalk over to the object. Noah called after him, concerned, and caught him just as Stiles picked it up.

"This is her phone," Stiles whispered, gripping it tightly in his hand. He automatically recognized the case, and the lock screen of one of their selfies only proved his theory. He looked up at his dad, his eyes wide with worry. "She's gone, Dad."

Rushing into Derek's loft only ten minutes later, the door already slid open, Stiles was on a mission. "Please, tell me Sierra is here," the words slipped from his mouth before he could do anything else.

Derek and Braeden all turned at the sound of his voice, Jemma standing up instantly. "What do you mean?" She demanded, concerned for her little sister. "I thought she was with you at the lacrosse game."

"She left to call Scott, but never came back," Noah explained more calmly, resting his hand on Stiles's shoulder so he wouldn't freak out. "We found her phone outside the lacrosse field."

Stiles nodded, agreeing with him as he added, "We were hoping she just came here to check on Scott." Finally noticing the loft askew, he muttered, "Though now that hope is out the window."

"What happened?" Noah asked the trio before them.

"It was supposed to be a date," Derek answered him, stepping over some pieces of broken glass to be at Jemma's side.

"Scott and Kira were both here?"

"And they're both gone," Braeden nodded, crossing her arms. "Sierra disappearing isn't a coincidence either."

Stiles felt his phone buzz, and he quickly got it out of his pocket to see Lydia calling him. "Hey, what's up?"

"Scott's been taken," Lydia replied without hesitation.

Stiles sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Yeah, we know. Scott, Kira...and Sierra. We just don't know where."

"Mexico," Stiles furrowed his eyebrows from hearing Deaton speak up. "And if you want to save them, that's where you're going too."

*^*^*^*^*

To no one's surprise, Devenford Prep utterly destroyed Beacon Hills in the first game of the season. And no one was more upset than Liam.

Guilt ate at him as he remembered completely freezing in the middle of the field, his legs unable to even take a step forward. He didn't even try to stop the Devenford Prep players from scoring; they just ran right past him.

But he couldn't help it.

Every time, every moment where he'd shine on a normal day, Liam panicked. His mind played tricks on him, Berserkers appearing in the corners of his eyes. Their low snarl would enter his ears, their animal bones would come into view, and Liam...he'd just stop.

Coach already chewed his head off about his mistakes, not helping in the slightest. As a way to punish himself, Liam sat in the locker room after the game. Letting everyone leave, Liam stayed on a bench and let his thoughts and worries consume him.

"You okay?"

Liam lifted his head to see Brett reveal himself from around the corner, leaning on one of the lockers. Confused by his words and his appearance, Liam answered, "We lost."

"But you're okay," Brett reminded, folding his arms over his chest. He tilted his head, still getting hit with the fear Liam was emitting. Brett noticed on the field, and he noticed right now. "Right?"

Liam scoffed, responding to him with another question. "Why'd you do that?" He referred to the moment Brett purposefully tackled him, telling him to get back up and to control his fear. "Why'd you...help me?"

"Because of Scott," Brett replied truthfully with a small shrug. "Because of Sierra. He saved me, she saved my baby sister....They saved all of us." Brett let out a heavy sigh before asking him, "Do you know how lucky you are?"

Liam didn't understand. "What do you mean?"

"Do you know how special they are?" Brett couldn't believe he had to explain this to Liam. "Scott's a True Alpha," Brett emphasized.

"That means he didn't get his power because he was born with it. He didn't get it by stealing or killing someone. He earned it."

Brett continued seriously, "And do you know who he has by his side through it all? A True Empath. His bond with Sierra is something Satomi told us was only legend. Because of their hearts, because they understand sacrifices and are willing to make the call even when it's difficult...no one can touch them. They earned their power all on their own."

"Your strength doesn't come from anger," Brett informed Liam. "And you're not strong just because you can lift a lot of weight now. You're strong because you endure. Satomi calls it strength of character, and trust me, that's a quality both of them possess. You're lucky to have them."

Brett offered him a small smile, before he leaving the locker room without another word. Liam sighed as he heard the door close, everything Brett said replaying in his mind.

You're lucky to have them.

Liam's broken voice whispered, "Then why aren't they here?"

*^*^*^*^*

Bones.

Piles and piles of bones.

Whether human or animal, Kira didn't care. And she didn't want to stay long enough to find out.

Her brown eyes weighed down on her as she forced them open, a pain shooting up her spine from her back being pressed against the hard ground. She rolled over with a grunt, before her pupils dilated at the sight of remains underneath her.

Kira scrambled to stand, her legs wobbling, while she scanned her surroundings. It took everything she had, her body still covered in bloody wounds.

A small cellar; that's the only way she could think to describe the structure she stood in. And as Kira looked above her, only a sliver of the night sky welcomed her back to Mexico.

Her breaths became shorter and shorter upon the realization that she had been kidnapped. Scott had been kidnapped.

Kira slowly moved forward, squinting to see a heavy iron gate in front of her.

Gripping her hands around it, Kira rattled the structure as hard as she could. "Scott?" Her voice was soft but filled with fear. She tried shaking it again, her panicked cries growing louder when she concluded she was completely and utterly alone.

"Scott!"

When Scott finally came to, his exhausted body screamed at him to go back to sleep. His vision was blurred when he first opened his eyes, but he couldn't decipher where he was. His head turned to the side, noticing the restraints on his wrists and ankles. But no matter how he hard he pulled, he couldn't break free. A familiar purple flower woven around the leather made him panic.

Wolfsbane.

"Tell me, Scott," Kate spoke up, moving slowly towards him across the center of the church ruins. "They ever teach you the myth of Artemis and Actaeon in school?"

Scott didn't reply, his eyed on the Berserkers that stood on either side of Kate.

She raised her eyebrows, "No? I didn't think so."

Kate went on to describe the tale, walking around the stone table Scott laid on to tighten the restraints. "Well, Artemis was a goddess," she stated first. "And Actaeon? He was a hunter that happened to see Artemis bathing naked one day."

She smirked from seeing Scott wince in pain, continuing. "This did not make the goddess too happy. In fact, she was so angry, Artemis turned Actaeon into a deer...and this sent his own hounds into a frenzy." Her evil eyes lit up as she finished, "He was actually torn apart by his own hunting dogs."

The Berserkers snarled as Scott's heart rate accelerated, him realizing the hidden meaning of Kate's words. "What're you doing?" He asked her worriedly, watching her lift up an animal skull.

Kate chuckled darkly as she remarked, "Well I'm not going to turn you into a deer."

Scott pulled on the ropes tying him down, grunting from the wolfsbane burning his skin. Kate admired the skull in her grasp, whispering, "But you are about to become something unrecognizable to your friends." She smirked, "They won't know what they're fighting...or killing."

"Kate, hold on," Scott fought against the pain, struggling to break free. "No, Kate, no, please."

She stood right behind his head, ignoring his pleas with the mask in her hand.

"No, Kate, don't!" Scott desperately cried out, his voice laced with fear as the Berserkers pressed down against his chest to keep him from squirming. "No, no, Kate!"

Kate lifted the skull, closing her eyes as if saying a little prayer. Seeing it inch closer, Scott screamed with everything he had. "Kate, don't! No! STOP!"

"KATE!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 698 13
When Scott bit the Nogitsune, his powers were transferred to Stiles. Making him a hyrbrid, the only one of his kind. But when Stiles' abilities start...
7.1K 59 7
Scott and Malia have been going out for a while now and things are going great. That is until the unexpected comes knocking at their door. What happe...
130 2 17
With the start of the third grade, Stiles Stilinski moves into a town called Beacon Hills. Upon arriving he joins a friendship with Scott McCall, and...
30.9K 1.4K 13
(SOON TO BE DELETING) Stiles Stilinski. Depressed. Lonely. Tormented by his own mind. Torn up and blaming himself for the death of his best friend, S...