The Slut's Story (#wattys2019)

By Love1026

Shayla Dawson's the slut of the school. You know what that means, right? She sleeps around and even takes mon... More

THANK YOU!
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Epilogue

Chapter 9

3K 59 18
By Love1026

Here it is guys!

~Chapter 9

There was a big difference in the times that I went to school before and now. I was glad that I had lived to see this difference.

Okay... maybe I'm being a little over-dramatic, but still. I was glad that there was a change in my life.

I managed to make a friend, and my Photography teacher saw my awesome photography skills. It has been a long time since I have done photography in general, but I'm glad that I still have those skills. Probably there in my blood. My dad worked as a photographer in National Geographic, and my mom was a teacher for teenagers interested in photography. My sister, however, was terrible at taking pictures. I found it odd as she was better than me in painting and sketching.

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around, only to see one of the only people I used to hang out with.

"Um, yes?" I asked her.

"Oh, sorry. It felt like you were someone I knew." Sierra's eyes were puffy and slightly red as if she was crying.

"Oh. Why are you crying?" I asked her. I didn't think anyone could feel bad that Shayla's dead. I mean, she was a terrible person, right?

"Can you come with me to the locker room?" She asked me. She didn't even let me answer. She grabbed my hand and dragged me off into the locker room. There was no one in here; just the two of us.

Right as she sat on the wooden bench in the middle of the small area, she burst into tears. I wasn't sure how to comfort her. Her sobs were soft, but I still felt bad for her.

"Umm..." I sat next to her and laid a hand on her shoulder. It was then when she hugged me slowly, placing her forehead on my shoulder.

"Y-you don't h-have t-to do any-t-thing. Just stay h-here so th-that I can f-feel b-better." She managed to say through her sobs. Not once have I ever seen Sierra cry her eyes out.

She was always so confident, and she put herself out there all the time. When she got the chance, she would take her spotlight. She was the best in her own mind.

Gradually, her sobs became softer, to the point that she wasn't crying anymore. Just a tear or two in between.

"So, will you tell me why you were crying?" I asked her. She lifted her head, and boy, did she look like a mess.

"I think you're a new student right? I mean, I never saw you in my Math class before." Oh... so she was in that class of at least twenty-five students. I nodded so that she can continue. "You were there for the assembly this morning, right? The girl who passed away was my best friend for two years. You remind me of her. She also had blonde hair and blue eyes."

"W-what was she like?" I didn't want to blow my cover, because, of course! Everyone thinks that Shayla is dead.

"She was nice to me and hung around the guys a lot. After all, she was the slut of the school. She was beautiful, hot, rich, and really smart. You would never expect someone to be all of that in one person. But some people didn't like her too much since she had a bad reputation. She slept around a lot and took money for it." I raised my eyebrows at how calm she seemed about it. Sierra always hated the fact that I slept around for money. "I know." She laughed at my expression. "I never really liked it, but she did it anyway, and I had nothing to do but to respect her decision." A couple seconds passed before she said something that made me feel guilty for no reason: "And now she's gone." Her voice broke slightly.

"I don't think this Shayla girl would really like it if you cried too much because of her death. People come and go a lot, and I have experienced it. You should think of it as a sign that maybe, something new might happen." I placed my hand on her cheek and smiled sadly. Never have I ever had a meaningful talk with Sierra.

"Yeah, you're right. I guess I should move on. But it's just really hard, you know. Being close to that person and just imagining a life without them is hard." She wiped a tear that trailed down her cheek.

"I understand. But you have to let it go, and you can't let it bother you. Leaving this topic, freshen up a bit. You look like you got by a tornado. No offense." I mentioned, grabbing some makeup-remover wipes from my backpack. She laughed and snorted, and blushed when she did. This was new. She never laughed like this. She always tried to laugh like a royal when she was around guys. But then again, the only time I was around her was when I was around guys.

"Thank you." I nodded at her and watched as she removed her makeup.

She looked different than ever. Her original complexion was a little darker than her foundation and had several beauty marks on her chin and cheeks.

"You don't have to wear makeup in order to look nice. You look very pretty, and you don't need to change." She blushed at my compliment.

"You really think so?" I nodded with a smile, and she reflected it back. "And I forgot to introduce myself. Sierra." She held out her hand, which I gladly shook.

"I'm-"

"Mikayla. I know." She said with the correct pronunciation.

"Call me Mika. I like it better."

"Mika." She tried out. "That's nice and new. I'll keep it in mind."

Just when an awkward silence came in between us, the bell rang, indicating that the school day was over. The six hours of hell was over.

Oh, thank God.

I quickly bid Sierra a goodbye before going my way, which is walking home.

Now, I have some homework to do, and I have to make food for myself. Wonderful.

~~~

I was always wonderful at lying and hiding from unwanted situations. Even when playing Hide and Seek, I knew every possible way to win. It was the best, knowing that I would always win.

"Count to one hundred!" I heard Cory yell and Eliza giggle and run away to a different part of the backyard, which I call a forest.

I scurried away with my little feet, fast and far away from Cory.

"One! Two! Three!..." I heard his voice fade into the background.

I heard a faint, "One hundred!" as I settled down by the grass behind a bush. I giggled as I knew that he wouldn't find me. I looked through the gaps of the bush to find out where he was.

I couldn't see him. In fact, I didn't even know he was there. I twisted my lips. I hope he was still somewhere.

As soon as I sighed and slumped my shoulders, someone from behind me put their hand over my mouth, making my heart almost stop.

I gasped, coming out of my dream when I heard the doorbell ring. I rubbed my eyes an checked the time, only to find out that I slept for two hours. Quickly twisted y hair into a messy bun and went to the door to open it.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked the couple at my door. The man and woman looked somewhat old like they were almost my parents' age the last time I saw them. The woman had a warm smile on her face, red hair with a couple of white strands and pale skin. The man, however, had black hair with a few white strands and tanned skin. Despite their differences, they looked like a wonderful and happy couple.

"Good evening. My husband and I found out that we got a new neighbor." The woman said, gesturing to the both of them. "We thought it would be nice if you feel welcomed." My eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Oh, thank you. You really didn't have to do that. But you can come in if you'd like." I offered, holding the door wider so that they could come in.

"No, it's alright. Our daughter is very cranky at the moment. She wants-" The man started, but was cut off by a girl's voice.

"No, I'm not. You were the people who dragged me here!" Hmmm... Her voice sounded oddly familiar.

"Jessie?" I asked. It had to be her.

"Mika!" She giggled and hugged me. I hugged her back, feeling just as happy as she was feeling. After all, she was the first friend that I made as Mika after coming to California.

"I see you already know each other. By the way, my name is Aria, and this is my husband Braedon." I shook hands with both of them.

"Mikayla. I prefer Mika, though." I introduced myself.

"Well, I guess you two can spend some time together. If you need anything, we're right next door." I nodded, bid goodbye and closed the door, only to see Jessie look around in awe. I know that the penthouse was really cool, but I didn't know that she liked it that much.

"I love your house." She ran her fingers over the sofa in the living room and continued to look up at the chandeliers.

"Thanks. It's smaller than the house I used to live in." I shuddered when she wasn't looking. God, I didn't want to remember any of that stuff.

"There was a house that was bigger than this? Why don't you live there anymore? I know you still used to live in the neighborhood." She raised her eyebrow.

"Yeah... that house got burned down in a fire accident. I didn't really like it either. Even though I was the only one living in the house, it felt so congested. I just hated that feeling. Now, I have this house."

She just nodded.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked her. She just shrugged.

"How about you give me a tour of the house?" She looked hopeful. I laughed at her expression and took her around the house. She was amazed that there was a home theater room in this house. I mean, I know it's cool, but all you need is a projector, a screen, and a place to put some sofas and speakers in the same room.

"It's not much, but it's home." I smiled.

"What about your parents? Did you leave because you're eighteen? Oh, wait. You're still seventeen."

"No." I sighed and looked down at the ground. "I'm an orphan. I fend myself." She spun around wish shock.

"Oh, shit. I'm so sor-"

"There's nothing to be sorry about. It's the past and you can't go back to change it."

"Well, it's good to know that you are over it."

We stayed silent for a couple of seconds before I asked Jessie was she wanted to do. An that was the one thing that I didn't want to do.

"What?" I asked.

"I said, 'I want to see how you fit in by wearing makeup.'"

"That's one thing that I can't do."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to go back to that life."

"What life?"

"The life where I am a slut!" I blushed out my outburst, and I sighed.

"A slut? Out of all people, you as a slut?"

And with that, I told her my whole story, from the moment my mother took the decision to not marry Chris to the part I blew the whole house up to kill him.

And as expected, her expression was filled with pity, sadness and somewhat understanding.

"Gosh, I never thought that a person like you would have to go through so much in life. I mean, it's over now, right?" She asked, her voice soft. I smiled at her.

"Now, I'm living my life, being happy."

"That's good. So, will I be able to see you with makeup now, or no?" She asked me again.

I thought for a second. I mean, Shayla was basically the person who I was for the past year, and though she made me a person that I disgusted, I still got my high school experience because of her. Going to parties, dates, drinking, and having one nightstands (which I hated), I still got something out of it. In the end, it stopped, where I could live my life how I wanted. Maybe I wanted to experience all that some point in my life, but it happened in a way I didn't want.

"Fine." I sighed. I saw a hopeful gleam in her eyes and a smile across her lips.

It didn't take long for me to finish my makeup, as I knew what I was doing and it was almost a daily routine for me.

All I had left was using the setting spray, but I decided not to use that since I would take that off in a couple of minutes anyway.

"So?" I turned to face Jessie. Her mouth was open. "Words?"

"Jksdncnf." I laughed at her gibberish response.

"English, please."

"You look hot. Like so unlike you. Like a slut." I nodded in agreement.

I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror. I hated how the makeup burned on my skin. It's been at least a week since I used makeup, and I think I got used to my normal lifestyle.

In a couple of seconds, I suddenly heard a phone ringing, and I knew that it wasn't mine.

"Hello?" Jessie asked. "Oh, okay. Cool, thanks!" She hung up.

"Who was that?" I asked her.

"Well, my mom ordered pizza for both of us, and she said that it might come in a couple of minutes. You're not allergic to anything, right?"

"Not when it comes to food. I go all in." She chuckled and she was about to say something when the doorbell rang.

"That must be the pizza."

She almost stepped out of the room, when she asked me if I was going to come downstairs.

"No, I'm gonna stay here. I mean, I don't know if the pizza boy or girl is someone from my school. Instead, take my card. Call me if you need anything." I showed her my phone. She nodded and ran down the stairs talking to herself about how much she loves pizza.

I continued to look at myself in the mirror, moving my face side to side as I observed the shimmering highlights on my cheekbones. I sighed and reached for the makeup remover wipes. I was about to take one of the wipes out before I heard my phone ring.

"Jessie? What happened?" I asked her.

"Your card's not working. It says that there's some kind of error."

"Really? Maybe there's no more money in it I'll get some cash. How much is it? And does the pizza delivery person look around my age?"

"It's nineteen dollars and fifty-seven cents. He says he has change. And no, probably like two to three years older." That made me feel better. At least I could go down to give him the money.

I grabbed a twenty dollar bill from my purse and scurried down the stairs, only to smell something wonderful.

"Oh, God. That smell! The pizza must be delicious if it smells this wonderful." I unconsciously licked my lips when I saw the two boxes of pizza on the kitchen counter.

I heard Jessie chuckle by the door.

I opened the door and handed the bill to the pizza delivery guy.

"This is your money. Thank-" I looked up at the person, and my heart almost fell to the floor. I felt it somewhat hard to breathe. "Clyde."

"Shayla?" He looked like his eyes were going to pop out of his head. I immediately shut the door, locked it, and slipped the twenty dollar bill through the mail slot.

"Keep the change!"

I could constantly hear him banging the door and calling out "my" name. I slid my back against the door and put my hand on my forehead while groaning.

What has my life become?

~~~~~

BOOM! CLAP! BAM! Clyde found out about Shayla! This is a HUGE problem, don't you think? What do you think is gonna happen? How do you think they would fall in love? Would they fall in love, though?

Damn, that was a lot in one chapter, don't you think?

When I was writing that part when Sierra was crying because Shayla died, I have to say that was me in that situation. I was thinking of my cousin when I was writing that part. I really miss him... a lot. He would have turned eight this month. Any of you who have someone you really miss?

Shower thought: What if our brain was a parasite controlling our body?

When learning human reproduction and pregnancy in Biology class this year, one of my friends asked the teacher if the embryo is a parasite. After all, when we get it in our (to all the females here) bodies, we begin to feel ill. So we throw up a lot. And then it's like the baby in us is controlling our emotions and other parts of the body. And it's living in the body and we provide it nutrition. Any thoughts on this?

Well, that's all for today, my fluffy muffins (you choose the flavor ;))

V O T E 

C O M M E N T

S H A R E

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 131 10
Ashlyn Cooper is a low key,shy girl but she's actually fun once she's comfortable around people... Callum Wolfhard is the high school bad boy. He sud...
16.3K 706 57
Love. A word that never made sense to Ivy Blanchard. Yes, she helps all of her friends with every relationship because she wants to see them happy, b...
8.5K 110 17
Being seen as the school slut does not make high school any easier. Especially if you live in the shoes of Layla. This independent, promiscuous sex...
290 19 37
Because Jaden Grey is Intoxicating and addictive. Once you've had a little bit, you keep coming for more. Too bad nobody warned me in that moment, i...