What am I up Against? (A Mine...

By Maddie_Kilpeck

Fourteen year-old Madelyn, a Minecraftian, heard rumors about Herobrine's next targets for revenge. They say... More

Chapter 1 - What I saw
Chapter 2 - Who are You?
Chapter 3 - Visions
Chapter 4 - Herobrine's Rage
Chapter 5 - Ready, Aim, Fire Away
Chapter 6 - A time to Grief
Chapter 7 - Why?
Chapter 9 - A message
Chapter 10 - What It Feels Like
Chapter 11 - First Warning
Chapter 12 - Fire
Chapter 13 - Mobs Everywhere
Chapter 14 - The three of us
Chapter 15 - Prescious Time
Chapter 16 - Betrayal
Chapter 17 - You Heard Me
Chapter 18 - The Legend
Chapter 19 - Second Warning
Chapter 20 - Wait. That's ME!!!
Chapter 21 - Surprise
Chapter 22 - Magic
Chapter 23 - Happy Now?
Chapter 24 - Now
Chapter 25 - How to Save a Life
Chapter 26 - Regeneration Potion
Chapter 27 - Life
Chapter 28 - How!?
Chapter 29 - Training
Chapter 30 - Anger Issues
Chapter 31 - Starting Over
Chapter 32 - Revealed
Chapter 33 - Envy is Your Crutch
Chapter 34 - Confessions
Chapter 35 - Potions
Chapter 36 - Death
Chapter 37 - The Nether
Chapter 38 - Battles
Chapter 39 - Do or Die
Chapter 40 - Finally

Chapter 8 - More Trouble

92 6 3
By Maddie_Kilpeck

Madelyn's POV
___________

...dream...

I was walking through a cave. Just an iron pickaxe and torch in my hands. My diamond sword was on its sheath around my waist. It was fragile and I was afraid of it breaking. I really didn't know where I was going. I wore a hooded sweater, the hood covering my ears to prevent detection. The sweater was unzipped because of the intense heat in the cave. I must be close to lava. Anyways, I was just wandering aimlessly, but looking for the one gem everyone wants. Diamonds. Maybe one to repair my sword or two to make a new one. Along the way, I found a dungeon. It was full of zombies. Ugh. I had to avoid that.

As I was creeping by it, one turned towards me. It tilted its head, wondering what I was. It let out a growl. I looked back at it and growled back. Then its expression changed.

"You understand me?" It said.

I jumped back. "You talk?"

"Um, duh! You must be a zombie hybrid."

I shook my head. "No, not really."

"Ok. Maybe someone taught you. Do you know any zombie hybrid Minecraftians by any chance, since you can understand me?"

I shook my head. "No. Not that I know of."

"Oh. I was just asking because your eyes are a different color than the humans I see. I don't tend to attack because I know how defenseless I am without weapons. What are you looking for?"

"Oh, I'm looking to repair my sword." I replied.

"Diamond?"

"Yea. Why?"

"Just wondering."

Then thoughts circled through my mind. "Wait, how do you know about my yellow eyes?"

"It's just different. It's rare. And you look familiar."

"A zombie telling me that I look familiar. Not something you hear every day."

"Yea, true. I rarely ever say that to- look out! Arrow!"

I turned and ducked on instinct. Then I mined a random block of cobblestone, picked it up and threw it at the skeleton shooting. The zombie looked dumbfounded. That's when I realized the sweater was completely off.

"Wolf!" He screamed. "I knew it! Die wolf!"

Next thing I knew, I was running away from a limping horde of zombies. I went through every twist and turn, trying to find somewhere to hide. Then thinking I lost them, I came across something shiny.

There were three diamond ore blocks. Without thinking, I mined them, placed down a crafting table, and used two of them and a stick to make a new diamond sword. I had two swords now. I placed the torch on the wall, pocketed the extra diamond, and put my iron pickaxe on my back. With my left hand I pulled out my other sword to put it to its last few uses before I use my new one. I sheathed the new sword.

Next thing I knew, the zombies finally found me. Their expressions looked different because they saw the diamonds were gone. Wait what!? Why that reason? Doesn't matter. I swung at the zombies with my fragile sword. I heard a crash after I killed one. Shit. It broke, half of it embedded in the zombie's gut and I was holding a broken handle.

Screw it. I tossed the handle aside and used the new one. Surprisingly, it was so much better than the last one. Not because the old one was fragile. It just cuts cleaner into zombie flesh.

"She took the diamonds!" One yelled.

Wait what? I don't know what you're talking about. What are so special about those diamonds? I was distracted by my thoughts, which led to me being cornered by the zombies. I didn't react fast enough. One got to me and was pushing me into the others. Everything was slowing down drastically as I was being mauled. Then, it faded to black.

...reality...

I woke up screaming, at about six in the morning. What the heck! It's a weekend. Everything from last night gave me that dream. But how did diamonds and zombies have to do with it?

I have had enough with it. All this was driving me crazy. I couldn't take it. The other night was a mess. I needed a walk to clear my mind from all this.

Next thing I knew, people were running.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Enderman!" One said. "Take cover."

I did. I built a makeshift cover base that was two blocks high and I placed water around it, enclosing myself in it holding a torch to light it up.

.....

Eileen's POV
___________

"Madelyn!" I called.

Where is she? I thought. I swear she was in plain sight. Then I found an enclosed, two three block high, safe house. The whole thing was surrounded by a thin strip of water. I looked through the door and saw her in the corner.

"Hey." She said. "Come in quick, and get Garrett."

I did so. Garrett and I crawled into the water-surrounded safe house.

"Now." I said. "Got a plan?"

"An enderman is roaming the town, probably looking for me. Obviously." She said. "I set this trap in case it roams over to where we are. Then someone can push it in and soon it will fall into the water and drown."

"Good thinking." I said.

.....

Madelyn's POV
_____________

The enderman walked by us.

"I have a plan." I whispered.

I crept out and dove into the pond. He heard it so he walked over there. I was on the other side behind a tree holding a bucket of water. I didn't want to do this, but I looked him square in the eyes.

"Come get me." I said, holding up by bucket of water. It backed away.

"I said. Come and get me." I repeated.

......

Herobrine's POV
____________

I looked into my looking glass. She was cunning, holding up the water like that.

"Why don't we spice things up a bit?" I said.

I waved my hand and two more endermen came. I made her bucket of water disappear. Now they looked angry and ready to kill.

"Perfect." I said. "Let's see what she can do with no water.

......

Madelyn's POV

_______________

I was in shock when my bucket of water disappeared. No. I thought. I need to run, now. I ran to the nearest water source, but all my buckets were back at the house.

The endermen sprinted at me as I sprinted to the water. I dove in. They didn't go after me. They were staring at me. They were waiting for me to resurface. I stayed under as long as I could.

...

Five minutes passed and I needed to resurface. So I did. I peeked my head out of the water. I saw Eileen push one into the water. Hah. I thought. I climbed out and drew my sword. I didn't see them at all.

......

Eileen's POV
___________

I looked for Madelyn. She was standing still. She was waiting for the right time to strike.

"Madelyn." I said. "Watch out."

But it was too late. An enderman was creeping up behind her. I ran at it as it started suffocating her. I sprinted and took a slash at it.

......

Madelyn's POV
______________

I was suffocating and being choked to death. I couldn't breathe. Just hope for the best. I thought. However, I was dying. I bet Herobrine is happy. I thought.

Then I got released. Breathing heavily, I lay on the ground as Eileen killed the last enderman. Her sword was through its body. Garrett broke out of the space and rushed over to me. He checked my pulse and checked to see if I was breathing.

"She has her pulse back." Garrett beamed.

"Wait." Eileen replied. "Madelyn isn't breathing normally." She panicked.

......

Gerrett's POV
_____________

Eileen and I needed to rush Madelyn to the hospital. She didn't look too good. She still wasn't breathing correctly. She refused.

"I'm ok." She said. "I need to catch my breath." She stood up and her eyes were a bright yellow.

"Why didn't I see that?" I asked pointing to her eyes.

"Didn't you hear what I told you guys last night?" She sassed. "Again. I'm part frikkin wolf. My eyes are supposed to be yellow."

I wish I took that back. But at the same time, I was worried about her. She is in danger from this day forth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 77 54
This is the final book of the What am I Up Against trilogy. (This book will be longer than usual so I can add pictures and awesome little updates f...
33.5K 594 96
After Starlight where all hell happened six months have pasted and Aphmau and Travis are still with GF trying to find out how they were able to go in...
1.6K 119 30
( Completed ) Herobrine and his older sister Lelia have been going though an everlasting battle thoughout Minecraft..until because of his brother,Not...
86 0 3
After surviving his test, Mark Hoffman puts his revenge plan on Jill Tuck into action. Fortunately for him, he is not alone; Amanda Young has also su...