Just Another Lie, Right? [Kle...

By NobodyNose27

"Dear Evan Hansen, Life at rehab is alright. But there's one more thing that needs mentioning; You know that... More

•0•
•1•
•2•
•3•
•4•
•5•
•6•
•7•
•8•
•9•
•10•
•11•
i
•13•
•14•
•15•
•16•
ii
•17•
•18•
A/N (and a drawing)
•19•
•20•
•21•
•22•
•23•
•24•
•25•
•26•
•27•
•28•
iii
•30•
•31•
•32•
•33•
•34•
•35•
iv
~Epilogue~
Final A/N
So About That Side Story... (A/N)

•12•

591 46 165
By NobodyNose27

Evan and I walked down the sidewalk, looking at the ground with our hands in our pockets.

"Can we just... not speak?" Evan said, in almost a whisper. After what happened just a few minutes ago, I can understand why he wouldn't want to talk.

I laughed quietly, "Sure."

We walked in silence down the road. We got to my driveway, but I walked passed it, excepting that Evan would probably want to eventually talk to someone about what just happened. I knew that if Evan really wanted me to leave, he'd say something.

When we got to Evan's doorstep, he got out his keys and started fiddling with them, but his hands were shaky and sweaty. I took the keys out of his hands and unlocked the door for him.

He walked in, and went straight to his room, not even taking his coat off. I followed him, not bothering to take mine off either.

We walked into his bedroom and he just flopped face-first onto his pillow. I sat at the rolling chair at his desk, rolling it back and forth.

"I am such a dick." Evan said after a long silence. He flopped around so he was facing the ceiling and said, "I just broke up with her! As she was telling me she wanting to get closer to me!"

I shrugged, "You were just doing what I told you to do. You would've been a dick to your own heart if you continued putting it through the heartache that was Zoe."

"See that's the thing!" He said rolling on his side so he was facing my direction, though not looking me in the eye, "She didn't give me a heartache!"

Ok now Evan's just being plain confusing. "Elaborate."

He sighed. "I mean... she never hurt me. She was herself; kind, cute, and caring. I liked having her around..."

There was a brief moment of silence before I said, "Then... Then why did you break up with her?"

He rolled over, facing the ceiling again, and spoke quickly, "I don't know she just didn't feel right, Jared!"

I shrugged, and the room went silent for a long while

"Sometimes you just know when something isn't right. Sometimes you don't know why." He said, breaking the silence.

"Want to order pizza?" I said in response.

"Yeah..." He said admittedly.

I grabbed my phone and tried to dial the local pizza place's number.

"Hello, this is Great Clips-"

"Godamnit" I muttered, before hanging up. "

"What?" Evan asked.

"I called the freaking hair salon on accident."

Evan started laughing and I looked at him, smiling. Evan's laugh on a sad day is only the best way to lift my spirits. He didn't really laugh often, but when he did, it made me so happy.

I called again, making sure I had the number right.

"Hi, this is Pizza Plant-Palace-Hut, how may I help?" Said the worker, and I squinted. The voice sounded oddly familiar...

"Hi," I said, "Who is this?"

I heard a gasp and then a laugh on the other end of the line. "Jared?" She asked, still laughing like a maniac.

"Alana do you seriously work at Pizza Planet-Palace-Hut?" I said. This wasn't really a good time to talk to Alana. We just needed pizza!

"Do you seriously order pizza from here?" Alana was still laughing, and it took her a while to get the whole sentence out without laughing inbetween.

Evan was looking at me with a curious look, and I just smirked and shook my head.

"Just get us a large pepperoni." I said bluntly.

"Us?" Alana said, her voice a mix of curiously and teasing, "You have a date?"

"No." I hissed at Alana. "What happened to you, you're usually like super serious!"

I really shouldn't have asked a question cause now I was gonna be on the phone for ages.

"Well, no one's here, which means I have nother better to do. Now who's the special someone?"

" It's not a date. " I said, and Evan started frantically giggling nervously, recognizing what was happening.

"Don't you have a job to do?" I said hastily, "Gimme a large pepperoni."

"Fine." She mumbled, and I heard her write something down, "To what address?"

I told her Evan's address and she abruptly stopped writing. I could basically hear the smirk in her voice when she said, "That's Evan's house."

"Yeah, thanks, I know." I said, "Just get the pizza here." And with that I hung up.

Evan giggled nervously.

Ok remember when I said that Evan's laughs made my day? Well, his giggles aren't that bad either.

"I wanted Hawaiian..." He said.

"What the hell!" I yelled, throwing a marker that was on his desk at him, "Who eats pineapples on pizza!" I laughed.

He laughed, too, "Well, me, obviously!" He said, throwing a pillow from his bed at me. I caught it and threw it back at him.

He exchanged the small pillow out for a larger square pillow and threw it back at me. This one wasn't in my catching range, (since I'm an absolute shorty), so I had to duck out of the computer chair onto the floor.

I stood up to try to get the pillow back, but Evan threw another pillow at me before I got a chance too. It hit my chest before falling to the floor. I picked it up and jumped on Evan's bed, slamming him repetitively with the pillow.

Both him and I were laughing like maniacs at this point.

At one point Evan grabbed the pillow I was attacking him with and pushed my onto the floor. I ran to his desk, and grabbed the pillow from earlier. I ran and kneeled in front of him, his shins in between my legs.

(Yes, I know I could comment about how kinky this position is, but it's not really the time, now is it? Just let me have my fun.)

I hit his face with my pillow and he my hips with his. I grabbed the pillow he was using out of his hands and hit his face with two pillows.

I was so OP.

"Jared!" Evan yelled, still laughing between words, "This isn't fair!"

"You know what else isn't fair, Evan? Pineapple on pizza!" I hit him with both pillows at one and he laughed loudly.

I saw his face light up with an idea and he started punching my knees, trying to get me to lose my balance.

"You fool!" I said jokingly, "Jared Kleinman is the best at balen-"

I felt my knees slip from under me. I was falling forward. I put my hands out to try to catch myself, but instead of grabbing on to the bed, I grabbed on to Evan's shoulders.

Our faces were inches apart.

I think time stopped because I'm pretty sure I was the only one of us breathing.

Whether it was out of shock or out of spite, I couldn't move.

My face was so close to his I felt like I could see every shade of blue in his eyes. His eyes that were looking at me. Directly in the eye.

I could easily kiss him.

But I don't like Evan.

Not like that.

Not... yet?

We stayed there, still.

Could time just resume already so I can say "No Homo" ?

Indigo... sky blue... a little bit of green... turquoise...

I felt like there was a force on my head driving me to move forward.

Because there was.

Wait, what?

I snapped back to reality, and Evan's hands pulled my head toward his, colliding our lips.

I didn't know what to do.

Evan was kissing me.

I didn't know what to think.

Evan was kissing me, not even an hour after breaking up with Zoe.

I didn't know how to react.

Evan was kissing me, and I was kissing back.

I was kissing back?!

I was kissing back.

Isn't it amazing how your body can do things without your consent?

I was kissing back.

But I'm not supposed to like Evan.

Not like that.

I pulled away. Evan was smiling his small smile, his entire face fleshed pink. I didn't know he was capable of blushing so much.

"You just kissed me." I said.

" Y-yeah... " He responded nervously, "I'm sor-"

And then there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I mumbled before going downstairs to greet the pizza man.

---
Published: 6/23/19
Word Count: 1411

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 771 20
Evan Hansen has a hopeless crush on Jared Kleinman and he thinks Jared would never like him, nevermind like that. Besides Jared, Evan has his own lit...
11.7K 670 38
Connor Murphy is basically a prostitute. He left home at seventeen and realised the easiest way to make a living was by selling his body, which takes...
6.1K 279 24
"Evan, do you want a girlfriend?" "If we don't get girlfriends, let's be boyfriends." AKA Connor is mentally unstable and Evan is gay [First titled...
227K 8.6K 35
【Completed】 This is a fanfiction of Evan and Connor from Dear Evan Hansen. Treebros, correct? Connor Murphy starts to hang out with Evan Hansen. He w...