Dancing The Edge // ptv /aldc...

By moth-ia

Florenity Desya was a normal 14 year old girl. At least, until her mother passed in a car acident, she was se... More

Cast
prolouge
ONE : California bound
TWO : Competition and Leaving home
room details
F O U R : The Opportunity Of A Lifetime
F I V E : Auditions and Anxiety Attacks
S I X : Day One At The ALDC
S E V E N : Week One Competiton
E I G H T : Interviews, and Instagram
N I N E: Panic Attacks and First Solos Of The Season
A note
T E N : Week Two Competition and Third Pyramid Down
E L E V E N : Dad Mode and A Dance
T W E L V E : Jealousy Divides A Team
T H I R T E E N : Feelings? We Don't Know Her
F O U R T E E N : Group Rehearsal
F I F F T E E N : Sleep is For Cowards
S I X T E E N : Avoiding
S E V E N T E E N : I Fall Apart
E I G H T E E N : Exhaustion
N I N E T E E N : The Process to Heal
T W E N T Y : CrushCrushCrush
T W E N T Y - O N E : The Biggest Crowd

THREE : Room Shopping and Dance

201 1 0
By moth-ia

FLORENITY

When I woke up, I was in a slight daze before I realised where I was and let out a sigh as I also realised I would be starting dance at the SD location of Firebird and it meant a whole new team I've only ever danced with twice before at nationals. Plus, over half of them were people who didn't seem too thrilled of my company.

Sure, I had a day before I started, but it was going to be a little dificult, considering I've been dancing with the Missouri girls since I learned to walk practically.

As I was ranting to myself in my head, my door opened and I saw Mike, Vic's brother, now my uncle, walk in. I rubbed my eyes and waved at him and he smiled and waved back, though I could tell he was trying not to laugh. Probably due to the rats nest I know my hair was thanks to the hair spray and various styles it went through in a span of 5 or more hours.

"Uhm weird question, but where is the bathroom again?"

Mike laughed and pointed to a door on the right of my bed that was painted a baby blue.

"You've got your own. Breakfast is downstairs by the way, just in case you're hungry."

I nodded and thanked him before heading over to my bags and grabing out my detangler shampoo, body wash, conditioner, a towel, and an outfit.

"Oh, and Danielle, my girlfriend, and I are all going shopping with you for your room today, just so you know."

I yelled out a thank you as I shut the baby blue door behind me, stepping into one of the coolest bathrooms I have ever allowed my eyeballs to absorb.

I took almost 20 minutes just to figure out how the shower worked before I was finally able to start actually washing all of the sweat, hairspray, and maybe some body glitter off of me

Once I finally got all of the hairspray out and my body washed, I turned off the shower, accidentally burning myself slightly, and stepped out, wrapping myself in a towel before going back into my room to grab clothes and finish getting ready.

I decided to change in my bathroom instead of risk someone barging into my bedroom while I was in my birthday suit.

After drying off, I pulled on my clothes before blow drying my hair and styling it.

I decided to not wear a lot of makeup, just foundation and mascara maybe and then went back to my room to look for my medicine I needed to take.

After spending almost 5 minutes looking through all of my bags, I started to freak out, the familiar claws of panic rising in my chest as I frantically searched.

"Woah, Flo, what's with the hurricane?"

Confused and startled by the sudden voice, I whipped around, clutching onto my necklace before I let my shoulders relax a little bit.

"H-hey, Vic. Dad? Vicdad?"

Vic laughed and shrugged.

"Whatever you feel comfortable calling me, Kiddio"

I nodded and took a deep breathe to calm myself down a little.

"Have you seen a pill bottle with my name on it anywhere around here? It should say Sertraline."

Vic shook his head.

"No, sorry, I haven't. Maybe you left it in the bathroom without thinking?"

"Okay, I'll check. Hey, uh why aren't you going with us? For my room stuff, I mean."

"I got a few things I need to get done."

"Oh, okay"

I sighed as he walked out, leaving my door open, causing me to have to physically walk over and shut it. I'm glad I did, however, because I saw my bottle sitting on the ground by my shoes I had kicked off lazily the night before.

After eating what has to be the healthiest breakfast I've had in the last year or so, we headed out and I had to race Danielle to shotgun, but ended up in the back with her anyways when Mike picked up his girlfriend Alysha. And honestly, she just proved to me further that I'm a raging bisexual. Though it's a little weird now that I think of it, but I can't help the fact that my uncle's gf is kind of a babe. But they are super cute together as a couple.

In other words, I see why Mike is dating her, her looks are just a huge plus.

We got out of the car and headed into a civilians worst nightmare, IKEA.

After looking for about 20 minutes, I ended up finding a desk I liked and when we left I realised my concept of time is either way off, or IKEA is a vortex where time means absolutely nothing and you come out old and wrinkly with super weird back pains, because we apparently spent 2 hours in there. I'm going with IKEA being a vortex, it's just fishy. I'm telling you.

After that, we headed to the mall to go look around for little room stuff because for some reason, malls always end up with a random store full of room decor.

I got a few things for my desk and then a few more pairs of jeans, considering I didn't have very many. I also ending up getting a new swimsuit, seeing as I now lived in a house that has a freaking pool!

Then Alysha and Danielle went into the apple store while Mike and I went into Spencers and refused to tell me what they bought me.

I sighed and rolled my eyes before getting a package of peach Japanese gummy candy things they had as we went to check out and a lava lamp.

♡♡

After spending almost too long setting up my room, I got a FaceTime call from none other than the infamous Alex Spider himself. Okay so his actual last name isn't spider but I always call him that in my head.

I answered and set the phone on my desk, leaning against a half empty water bottle as I rearranged my shelves for the fifth time in an hour because I wasn't liking any arrangement so far.

"How many times have you changed that?"

"Uhhh, I'm not obligated to answer that."

Alex giggled and shook his head as I turned to face him, he was currently at the studio from the looks of it. He and Zader usually had private lessons on Sundays.

"Hey! Is that my boyfriend?!"

I laugh as Alice walks into frame.

She sometimes just hung out at the studio and ended up doing partner work or some other thing as her parents were at church and she was an atheist so her dad would drop her off and then pick her up when church was over. 

"Florie! Tell us how Cali is so far."

I roll my eyes and hold up a plush dragon toy and point at the empty shelf on the wall.

"I've spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to style my room and I'm still not sure how I'm going to put together this cute nightstand I got from IKEA that I have to assemble myself, plus I have dance tomorrow with the California girls and I'm super not pumped because a bunch of their moms are annoying and entitled based on the last time we danced with them."

Alice laughed and I finally decided on just placing the dragon on my dresser and moving a couple of books to the empty shelf.

"Sounds exciting. How are your new parents? They strict? Mean?"

I shrugged and sat on my desk chair, pulling my knees to my chest and starting to take my braids out. I had already changed into a pair of grey sweats and a black dance crop hoodie. It said FIREBIRD DANCE CO. across the entire front in red, orange, and yellow lettering and on the back was a pair of small wings that looked like flames. It was probably one of my favorite hoodies ever and I wear it all the time.

"I mean, Danielle and Vic are cool so far, I haven't been really given huge rules, but to be fair all that's happened is me getting shit for my room and decorating it."

Alice nodded before I heard Miss Lockhart call her name to tell her her dad was there to pick her up. Alex finally spoke up with a joke about Alice stealing his call.

"Oh, you love her"

"Unfortunately as her second best friend, I do "

We both laughed before I heard Vic call me for dinner.

"Sorry Lexer, gotta go. I'll call you after dance tommorow, promise."

"Aw, okay, night Flor. Send pictures of the new room when you're done. Don't get too Hollywood on us."

I laugh before saying my goodnight and hang up, sighing as I pull my hair into a loose ponytail and head downstairs to see delicious food.

♡♡

When I woke up to my alarm in the morning, I quickly realized I had about an hour or so before I had to actually do anything with online schooling so I got pictures of my room for the Missouri crew and decided to explore the house a little bit.

First, however, I put on deodorant, splashed water on my face ( to wake up a little more), and brushed my hair out before pulling half of it up in a half up half down style.

I wondered into the Kitchen to see Danielle making tea.

"Morning, Renity. Do you want anything?"

I shook my head and continued exploring the house, ending up walking towards the basement when I heard Danielle call out to me.

"Hun, the basements off limits for now. Remodeling being done."

"Sorry." I call back before heading outside into the backyard. I decide to take some aesthetic pictures for instagram because we have a pool, of course I'm going to use it for clout.

After the hour was up, I went inside and went on the hunt to find Vic or Danielle. When I finally saw Vic coming back up from the basement, I waited for him to notice me before I spoke up.

"Uh, hey, Vic, do you guys have like a house computer or something I can use for my online classes? I kind of had to leave my laptop in Missouri."

Vic smiled and ruffled my hair, heading into a different room before coming back with two Apple boxes stacked on top of each othef, setting them on the counter in front of me carefully.

"Danielle picked them out yesterday and told me to hide them."

I laughed and opened the first box to reveal an IPhone 6S in gold. I smiled and took my old phone out, which was an IPhone 5 and had a ton of cracks and functioned correctly only half the time. I went to settings and made sure all of my info was saved on the SD card before ejecting it properly and putting it into the new phone.

After opening the second box, I figured out it was MacBook Air. I thanked him and hugged him before heading off to my room and setting the laptop up for my schooling.

After enrolling in the classes I needed to, I found out that my Geometry class was one where the teacher FaceTime/ Google hangouts the students and teaches.

I went into the link for the classroom when I saw it was time I needed to be there for and soon enough I was met with three other teenagers and a man in about his late 30's, early 40's.

"Good morning, everyone. We have a new addition to the class, Florenity Fuentes! Welcome to virtual school"

I laughed a little and opened a notebook and grabbed a pencil.

A blonde/light brownish  haired girl wearing a black hoodie smiled and stood up a little, pointing to the Firebird Co. Logo.

I smiled back at her and notice a notification on the laptop with a message.

From June Winters : hey, I noticed your firebird hoodie! I'm at the SD location. Also your last name sounds familiar, idk y tho. Also ur super pretty.

I smiled and looked over at her square to see her looking down at what I assumed to be a notebook.

"Okay, Florenity you don't know all the rules quite yet, as I don't have them posted. My main rule is that no innaporiate behaviours, obviously, and another of mine is that you take notes as needed. I also will ask of you to refrain from messaging other students, unless it is a question about Geometry."

I nodded and got started on taking notes. About 30 minutes in, I got super confused on what I was supposed to be doing and decided to message June  since I already had her message box open.

Florenity Fuentes : hey, that's cool cause I'm starting there today! I was originally from Missouri but I got adopted so now I'm here in Cali. Also thank you, your'e really pretty too. So uh, do you happen to know what we're supposed to do with the ASA thing? Because I'm more lost than my childhood dreams right now.

I hit send and looked up to notice that the only boy was staring at me.

I gave him a 'wtf' look and he shrugged before looking back at our teacher's square.

I look over to June and see her laugh. Our boxes don't have audio, but the teacher's does.

I smile up at her and watch her type out a reply.

A few seconds later I had a message from her.

I had gotten done with half of my classwork in a few subjects before I noticed that I had to get ready for dance. My eyes widened as I bookmarked my place in Romeo and Juliet before I got up from my bed and headed to my closet.

I picked out my dance wear

And then grabbed a pair of sweatpants and my Firebird hoodie to put on over them.

I grabbed my phone as I pulled my hair into a ponytail and slipped on a pair of socks and shoes and made sure I grabbed everything else I need before heading into the living room to find Danielle.

"You ready to go?"

I nodded and we headed out, saying goodbye to Vic who headed back to the basement as we left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 4.3K 40
hey, my names Alli Marie Fuentes. yes Fuentes, the great Vic Fuentes' daughter, but their's a twist. He doesn't know I exist. My mom left him when sh...
10K 359 22
The first story in The Fight or Flight Series. Calia Maroja is just an ordinary girl, with ordinary parents, ordinary friends, and wants to live an o...
21.7K 683 57
"And i wouldn't marry me either" - You're loosing me, Taylor Swift "But i'd marry you with paper rings, ohoh, that's right. You're the one i want"...
21.7K 367 57
"Fuck." He whispers into my neck, sending a thrill of excitement through my body. His lips still smothered kisses over my neck and his hands roamed...