A Chance at Love (completed)

By thetophatter

After a break up, the chances of moving on is not a 100%. Sometimes, you move forward and find a new love. An... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (edited)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 6

48 0 0
By thetophatter

        After several months of therapy for my right arm, I wanted to go somewhere peaceful, somewhere I can relax, somewhere that will help me forget about the past. My parents decided to send me to my grandparents who live in a province with a house near the sea. I didn’t really want to live away from my parents, but I know this will help me. This will help me heal my wounds. I can also use my time to do the things I love. I still have to practice using my right hand for drawing.

        My mom packed all the things I needed including the materials I use for drawing. I could use this experience so that when I get to New York, I’ll be ready to be on my own.

        It was a long ride going there. It took us six to eight hours to get there. The scenery was beautiful. We passed by old houses on our way there. When we got to my grandparents’ house, I was stunned by the beauty of the sea. It was very peaceful.

        “Arabella!” I heard my grandmother call my name and I immediately hugged her very tightly. I missed her so much. It was indeed a very long time since we last saw each other.

        “I missed you Lola. Where’s Lolo?” I asked her.

        “He just went fishing with James.”

        “James? Who’s James?” I asked curiously.

        “He’s the son of your father’s friend. He’s also here for a vacation. Didn’t your Dad tell you? He asked us to look after him for a few months and he’s been here for about two weeks. I think you’ll get along with him.”

        I just nodded and my grandmother excused herself so that she can prepare our lunch. My mom led me to the room I will be using. It was her room when she was still young. The room was beautiful. It has a vintage feel. I can see different tints and shades of pink and blue which my mom love so much. The furniture pieces have the shabby chic style. It was a very cool room and the windows directly face the sea. “Mom, your room is the best. I haven’t been here for a long time. You know what? I think I should also do this to my room when I get back.”

        “Don’t think about getting back first. You just got here. I hope this place will help you heal, really heal.” My mom said. I know she’s blaming herself for what happened to me. That is why she and dad decided that it would be best for me if I go somewhere away from everything that reminds me of him. But I don’t think I will be able to forget him. He was the best and worst thing that ever happened to me. I don’t think hating him is enough. I should probably try my very best to forget him even if it takes me forever.

        “Yes, Mom. I promised.”

        She went near me and hugged me. “I’ll miss you Arabella.” She began to cry. “I’m sorry for not being with you in your stay here. But don’t worry. Your dad and I will call to check on you every day. And don’t worry. Your grandparents are here to be with you.”

        “I know Mom. And, thank you. Thank you for understanding and permitting me to go far away from everything.”

        She hugged me again and we went outside.

        “Mom, where’s Dad?”

        “I think he went to where your grandfather is. I’m going to help your grandmother prepare our lunch. Just wait for your dad. They will be here soon.”

        I nodded but after a while, I saw three men walking towards us. It was my dad, my grandfather, and someone I haven’t met. May be it was the guy my grandmother was talking about earlier. If I remember, his name is James. He’s quite good looking, but he looks snob and arrogant. He looks familiar. I think I’ve seen him somewhere. I’ll just ask grandmother later.

        “Arabella, is that you?” My grandfather called.

        “Yes, Lolo. It’s me, your favourite granddaughter.” I smiled at him and hugged him tightly.

        “Don’t let your cousins hear that.”

        “Of course, Lolo.” Then we laughed together.

        “I brought you fresh fish. I personally caught them with the help from James. Oh that’s right. I forgot to introduce you to James.” He gestured for James to come closer. “James, this is my granddaughter, Arabella. She’s the one I’m telling you about earlier. I’ll leave you two alone. I’ll just give this to your grandmother.” Then my grandfather went inside the house.

        “Hi.” He said.

        “Hi. James, right?” He nodded.

        “Arabella, is it? Nice name.” Then he smiled. I was wrong about him being a snob and arrogant. He seemed like a nice person.

        “You can call me Ara.” I smiled back.

        “Ara,” I heard my Dad from behind me.

        “Will you please excuse me? I think my dad wants to talk to me.”

        “Alright. I’ll go ahead then. See you later.”

        I went towards my dad and he said, “Are you really alright here? You can still change your mind. Do you want me to send you to a different place?”

        “Dad, don’t worry. We talked about this right? I need this. And this place is already perfect. I’ll be okay.”

        “I know. But your Mom and I are going to miss you.”

        “I’ll miss you too, Dad.” I hugged him.

        “You know what? I’ll hit that Mico once I see him. He caused my daughter to be away from her family.” He said with a harsh voice.

        I just shook my head and said, “Dad, don’t do that. He doesn’t deserve it.”

        “Yes, he’s not worth it. He deserves more than that. He deserves to be punched you know. Because he promised me that he will take care of you. And now what?”

        I laughed at my dad and said, “You’re just like Carlos, Dad. He really wanted to punch his own best friend for me.”

        My dad looked at me. I know that look. I know he’s going to ask the same question he asked when Mico was giving me a ride home. “Is he courting you? Arabella, don’t you think it’s enough to be hurt by his kind?”

        “Dad, Carlos is different. You know that. His family even wanted me to look after him when we go to New York. And by the way, he’s not courting me. We’re just friends.”

        “But Arabella, be careful not to make the same mistakes again. I don’t want my daughter to get hurt again.” He reminded me.

        “Yes, dad.”

        “What are you guys talking about?” My mom went towards us. “We just finished preparing our meal. C’mon. Let’s eat.” We followed Mom and went to the dining area. It is composed of a six sitter dining table. It is an intricately carved table with glass table top. It was a happy lunch. The food was delicious. It has been a long time since I tasted food made by my grandmother. We just talked about fun stuff while eating. James has a lot of stories he shared to us. They were very funny. I think I’m going to have fun in my stay here.

        “James, you look familiar. Are you a celebrity?” Finally, someone asked. It was my Mom.

        James smiled and said, “I think you can see me once a week in a television show. But that was before. I already stopped.”

        “But why did you stop?” I asked bluntly. “Oh sorry. I didn’t mean to be nosy. I’m just curious.” I said defensively. I think he’s having a hard time answering the question. The mood became serious. Everyone was quiet so I decided to break the silence. “You don’t need to answer that. It’s okay.” I smiled at him.

         After lunch, my parents decided to leave. They can’t stay any longer because they still have so many things to do back at home. I bid them farewell. I’ll surely miss them. The afternoon went by so fast. I decided to go near the beach to watch the sunset. It was very beautiful. The sky was orange and pink. It was an awesome ending for a day like this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181 20 16
Does love at first sight lasts forever..? Join me in this journey of Celina finding her one true love Enjoy! Cheers!!! 🥰 #19 revelations (17 feb 202...
76K 552 30
❝ I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways ❞ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* in which she's in love wit...
88.9K 3K 52
When was the right time to love? That's what everyone asked themselves. But what if you had it but then it slipped away from you? Would you chase...
28K 2.6K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...