If I Were A Boy (camren)

By tbhlauren

Lauren Jauregui has had a crush on her fellow band member, Camila Cabello for a while now. Still friends, the... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Author's Note
Epilogue
Questions And Answers

Chapter Four

74.1K 2.1K 3.8K
By tbhlauren

"What's wrong?"

I sat in front of Camila by the local town square. Normani had informed me on all the top places in her original birthplace, at least all the ones she could remember. She had a blank facial expression, making it very difficult to figure out how she was feeling. Usually, I could read Camila like a book; find out if she was happy or feeling down.

"I just can't believe you're actually here," Camila propped her elbow on top of table between us and rested her chin against her open hand. "Normani wasn't exactly sure that you'd show. I wasn't even sure you'd show."

I shrugged in return with an added chuckle, "I can't exactly not show up, I live here, Camila."

The corner of her lips twisted into a grin, "So that means you'll show up to the concert tonight?"

"I, uh-"

"Louis. You told me you would come," her smile instantly faded.

"I'll see what I can do," I sigh, making her force a weak smile.

There was a moment of silence between us, except for the sound of me slurping my drink.

"You really like that sweatshirt," Camila snickers as she nods towards Teddy's striped sweatshirt that I keep on wearing.

"Yeah, it's my, uhm, brothers."

"Oh. What's his name?"

Shit. One lie really does lead to so many others.

"Teddy," I quickly respond. "I don't see him anymore, and I don't know, sometimes I miss him."

"That's cute," she smiles as she takes my drink and begins to sip from it. I raise an eyebrow at her action, but she casually giggles, sliding the beverage back to me.

"If you want your own drink, I can-"

"No. I like yours."

"Fine by me," I smirk, looking directly into Camila's drawing brown eyes. They might be a common color, but on her, they were remarkable. The way the sun reflected off them was almost, inspiring, and the way she could just look at you would just completely brainwash you.

"You have really pretty eyes," I find myself blurt out, immediately shaking my head from the trance.

"Really?" Camila asked with a surprised tone in her voice, which shocked me as well. "Brown eyes are so common. Your eyes on the other hand, are breathtaking."

I feel my cheeks heating up. I've been complimented on my eyes multiple time, but when she said something nice about them, my stomach did somersaults and my heart completely stopped. I'm lost for words, so I simply respond, "Thanks."

"I-I've never... seen anything like them, on anyone," she hesitantly tells me, like she didn't want to say the words. My stomach drops inside. It was obvious she didn't want to lie like that, but she did anyways. Was she that ashamed of me?

"I should get going," I stutter out, standing up and tossing my empty cup out. "My family is probably worried where I am since I got up so early."

"Alright, I'll see you tonight?" I turn to find Camila standing behind me. She has her lower lip under her teeth, her eyelids opening and closing rapidly.

"We'll see, Camz," I grin, taking her hand and massaging the top of it with my thumb.

She then leaned forward, planting a fast kiss against my cheek. Her lips lingered there for a while, until she pulled away and backed up. I was completely starstruck, and certain that I stood there for at least thirty minutes. Camila Cabello had just kissed me.

"Laur?"

I had finally left after my long period of silence. Sneaking back into the hotel was actually pretty difficult, but I managed to get back into my hotel room. I was sprawled across the bed in my relaxation clothes in deep though when Normani's voice had broken my thoughts.

"Hm?" I perked my head up.

Normani sat on the edge of her bed, facing me, "I'm guessing your date with Mila went well?"

"It wasn't a date," I groaned. "It was, a friendly get-together. A friendly get-together where Camila kissed me."

"She kissed you! And you didn't stop her?" Normani leaned forward and slapped my leg harshly.

"Calm down, it was on the cheek! And she did it pretty quickly, and then she just left," I sighed, looking up to the ceiling. "My heart was doing fucking back flips, Mani. Fucking back flips."

"Still, what if she moved to your lips?" Normani questioned. "I think this is getting a bit out of hand, Lauren. You have to tell her."

"But it'll break her heart, Mani," I glared at her suggestion. "You have no idea how much she likes me."

"Louis," Normani corrected me. "And trust me, I know."

"It just feels great. I mean, weird, but great. Ever since that fight we had on the bus, I thought I'd never to be able to have an actual conversation with her again-"

"Fight on the bus?" Normani chortled. "You guys had a fight on the bus? And you didn't fucking tell me, Laur?"

"It was sudden, but painful," I shook my head. "Camz basically called me 'undatable' and 'selfish' when I asked her questions on her feeling towards Louis."

"Lo, she's going to find out someday, someway, somehow," Normani let out a large puff of air. "And it's going to fucking destroy her insides."

"I-I need to just make her happy for a little longer," I gulped.

"Just a little longer."

During the show, I kept my eyes on and off Camila from time to time. She always had her eyes searching the crowd; as if she was in desperatly looking for someone. We were in the middle of preforming Over, when Camila was singing a snippet of her part.

"This place is out of control..."

When it happened.

"Louis is out of control..."

We continued to sing, but every single one of us shot a look at her. She seemed completely flustered, like it literally slipped accidentally from her mouth. Afterwards, I approached the large circle formed around the embarrassed girl backstage.

"The hell was that, Chancho?" Dinah asked Camila, whipping at her shoulder softly.

"Mila, you're going to get so many questions asked who he is!" Ally whispered.

"That wasn't very smooth," Normani simply told her.

Everyone then tilted their heads towards me, awaiting for my reaction to the lyric slip.

"I'm sure Georgia was very pleased to hear one of their own be called out," I shrugged as I pushed past the shocked group. "Excuse me."

There was chatter behind me, then I felt someone's hand against my shoulder. I turned, expecting Normani, but instead Camila.

"We need to talk," she confessed quietly.

"I think we already have," I rolled her hand off, but she then grabbed my wrist, turning me towards her.

"Lauren, I'm serious."

"So am I, Camila. We already talked the other night and it was full of shit," I gritted my teeth together. "I don't want to hear your fucking sob explanation or a thousand apologies. I just want you to leave me alone."

"Lauren-"

"Save the shit, Camila!" I shouted, making heads turn towards me. "Everyone here fucking knows how much you avoid me, and the effort you put into doing so. No offense to Normani, but she's the only person here who actually talks to me, and I'm getting fucking sick of it! What happened to our friendship? What happened to my friendship with everyone else? Oh right! It was fucking cut off because Ms. Karla Cabello here needs everyone to her damn fucking-"

Gasps floated across the restricted backstage area. I moved my hand up to my cheek, rubbing it soothingly with my jaw partially dropped. Camila's eyebrows were furrowed at first, but then soon settled at realization of what she had just done. Some security guards who were around to witness the arguement separated Camila from me. Normani took me by the hand and lead me back out to the tour bus, before I could get a professional to remove my make-up.

"You can't keep fucking doing this, Lo-Lo!" Normani chastised me, opening the mini fridge and handing me a pack of frozen peas. "Your feelings for Mila are literally bi-polar! One second, you're telling me how your heart does back flips for her, the next, you're giving her a good fucking reason to slap the daylight out of you!"

"I don't know what to do anymore, Mani," I sighed, placing the pea pack against my cheek.

"Tell her."

"About Louis? Not fucking yet, Mani! We had this conversation already!"

"You can save that for later," Normani sighed as she sat down besides me. "About your feelings towards her."

I snickered and removed the frozen bag from my face, "You're kidding, right? Mani, she just slapped me across my damn face, and now you want me to tell her I like her? Now that is fucking bi-polar."

"Do it tomorrow morning," Normani shrugged. "Who gives a shit on what she has to say, you already basically ruined your friendship already."

"Normani!" I shrieked, shoving her side as she snickered.

"It is true," Normani backed herself up. "Also, it'll be a reason for the Louis thing-"

"What Louis thing?" Dinah's voice perked up.

Our heads shot towards the bus door where Dinah was now entering. Her appearance was make-up free and she wore more comfortable clothing.

"Nothing," I lied to her.

"Lauren, I'm not stupid," she replied as she headed towards a seating area across from Normani and I. "Did Louis do something bad to you? Is that why you're being a total asshole towards Camila, to in someway protect her?"

"It's nothing, Dinah," Normani gave her the best smile she could, but Dinah stood her ground.

"Nothing my ass," Dinah shrugged. "What can be so bad? The guy is practically all Camila talks about, and he seems so sweet-"

"Except that guy isn't a guy," I blurt out. Normani's eyes widen just as much as Dinah's.

"Transgender?" Dinah coughed.

"More like a dare that spun out of control," I muttered.

[A/N] Lauren's bi-polar behavior may be really confusing right now and I apolgize for that, but it'll all get cleared up in future chapters (: and what do you think about Dinah finding out about the little secret? Can she keep it, or go tell Camila?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

887K 17.3K 26
Lauren Jauregui is a singer with her best friends Normani Kordei and Ally Brooke who keeps her company during her shows. One day Camila Cabello decid...
Island By Alone

Fanfiction

41.2K 1.8K 9
An inseparable group, fifth harmony, become torn apart after fame. Rumors, fans, and paparazzi's that are willing to destroy their reputations make t...
216K 5.2K 24
Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving her mixed signals which lead to Lauren thi...
5.4K 174 2
Lauren is feeling the pressures of fame and being engaged to someone she doesn't love anymore. After an impulsive trip to Havana, she meets Camila...