Harry Potter and the Altered...

By SamanthaPerry0

Percy Jackson was nineteen, nearly twenty years old and was the boss of an aquarium of his own. Demigod life... More

Warning for Story
Prologue: The Abused Boy
Chapter 1: The Letter
Chapter 2: Diagon Alley
Chapter 3: The Sorting
Chapter 4: Classes
Chapter 5: The Duel
Chapter 6: Halloween Feast
Chapter 7: The Match Disaster
Chapter 8: Christmas Parties
Chapter 9: The New Years Party
Chapter 10: The Mirror
Chapter 11: The Forest
Chapter 12: The Minion
Chapter 13: Summer Holidays
Chapter 14: The House Elf and Diagon
Chapter 15: The Dysfunctional Platform
Chapter 16: New Friends and Second Year
Chapter 17: Babied Plants and An Idiot Professor
Chapter 18: Teaching DADA and the Strange Ravenclaw
Chapter 19: The Black Lake
Chapter 20: I Swear I Really Did Hear a Voice in the Wall
Chapter 21: Deathday Party is a Thing Apparently
Chapter 22: The Writing in Blood
Chapter 23: Lockhart (As Usual) Makes a Fool of Himself
Chapter 24: The Talk with Dumbledore
Chapter 25: Christmas Hols
Chapter 26: The Diary
Chapter 27: T.M.Riddle
Chapter 28: The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 29: Recap
Chapter 30: Reveal
Chapter 31: Summer Year 2
Chapter 32: The Dog
Chapter 34: Dementors
Chapter 35: First Day Classes
Chapter 36: The Wardrobe Seems Possessed
Chapter 37: The Werewolf
Chapter 38: The Giant Sleepover
Chapter 39: The Haunted Game
Chapter 40: Christmas
Chapter 41: The Patronus
Chapter 42: The Interesting Case of Sirius Black
Chapter 43: Exams with a New Creature
Chapter 44: Welp, Never Getting a Rat as a Pet
Chapter 45: Moony and his Cub
Chapter 46: The Godfather Oath and an Idiot Minister
Chapter 47: Summer Year 3
Chapter 48: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 49: The World Cup
Chapter 50: What in Hades is the Dark Mark Doing at the World Cup?
Chapter 51: The Start of Year 4
Chapter 52: The Three Unforgivables
Chapter 53: The Other Schools
Chapter 54: Harry's Idea
Chapter 55: The Unintentional Fourth Champion
Chapter 56: First Duel of the Dueling Tournament
Chapter 57: Oh Look Another Dragon
Chapter 58: Harry's Next Duel in Dueling Tournament
Chapter 59: The Ear Splitting Shriek That Neville Says Comes Out of the Egg
Chapter 60: Yule Ball
Chapter 61: I Gain New Friends
Chapter 62: The Mad Couch...I Mean Mr.Crouch
Chapter 63: The Third Task
Chapter 64: The Reveal
Chapter 65: The Hidden Minion
Chapter 66: The Parting of Ways
Chapter 67: Summer Year 4
Chapter 68: The Cold Wind
Chapter 69: The Order of the Phoenix
Chapter 70: The Idiot Minister
Chapter 71: The Warnings From a Hat
Chapter 72: That's It, Dolores Umbridge is From Tartarus
Chapter 73: It Was Not Worth It
Chapter 74: A Godly Wrath

Chapter 33: Wanted Sirius Black

11.8K 506 107
By SamanthaPerry0

I do not own Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban or the Percy Jackson series/characters.

Quotes from book

Mind Talking between Familiar/Bonded

Harry was relaxing on the sofa rewriting and finishing the DADA assignment that had been owled to all the students above Harry's teaching year. Because it was a bit late for the summer assignment, there was a note that they had till the end of the first week to complete it.

His father was relaxing in the air chair seeming reading a book written in Ancient Greek created by the Athena Cabin about all possible monsters from all mythologies.

Snuffles was resting against Harry's leg on the couch, there was just enough room on the couch for the large dog and thirteen year old boy.

Eclipse, the black cat that Harry's had since first year, was resting on top of Lunar who was sleeping on top of the couch.

The small dragon's tail was resting over Snuffles head but none of the animals seemed to care about their current position or lack of boundaries.

Neptune and Uranus, the small blue pixies from Harry's second year, were resting on Percy's head, seeming to also be reading the book with Percy himself. They even chirped excitedly every now and again and pointed to a certain part of the text where Percy would nod and talk about that mythical creature.

It was quite the lazy morning they were having.

Which was why Harry was confused for a second when the tv had actually pulled his attention away from his assignment.

". . . The public is warned that Black is armed and extremely dangerous. A special hot line has been set up, and any sighting of Black should be reported immediately."(- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Page 16-17)

"Hey, Dad," Harry asked, breaking the silence that had hung in the air.

Snuffles instantly became alert. It was a weird thing that Harry had noticed. How tense he would become when he called for his dad. Like he didn't trust Percy or didn't quite like that Harry was calling him Dad.

"Yeah, Kiddo?" Percy asked which flipping a page before looking at Percy.

"Where do we know the name Black. Um," Harry narrowed his eyes at the tv looking at the caption, "Sirius Black, that is."

Percy blinked before following Harry's eyesight to the tv where the image and caption about Sirius Black escaping prison were displayed.

Harry and Snuffles were surprised when Percy leapt from his seat swearing worse than Arion, Hazel's speedy stallion.

"Dad?" Harry asked confused at his father's retreating back. Neptune and Uranus looked at each other before shrugging and going to their small box above the mantel and just relaxing in it.

Harry looked at Snuffles before setting his parchment aside and climbing off the couch. Lunar instantly lifted her head and nudged Eclipse off her softly before wrapping herself around Harry's shoulders. Snuffles was following him obediently as they went to Percy's office.

Harry stopped outside the office and looked inside. It was common knowledge for him to not step foot in the office unless he was given permission by Percy. He kept a lot of plans for Demigod Camps, any messages that Grigotts sent over (they were still tracking the money that was leaving the Potter Vault, and then messages from Lucius and the Ministry above the pending trial of Lockhart for the fraud he was and the illegal memory charms he's cast over the years (Percy had ended up pressing charges).

"Permission?" Harry asked as his father was rifling through his top left desk drawer.

"Granted," Percy said distractedly and made a sound that he found what he was looking for.

Pulling out a sheet of parchment, Harry curiously approached his father. "So, I'm guessing that name did ring a bell?"

Percy was nodding his head and set the parchment toward Harry so he could look at it. It was the blood test that Harry had done during his first year with the Goblins that explained who he was and his heir-ships.

"What about this?" Harry asked as he set the paper aside.

"Do you remember what Spitfire said when we asked about the pending status of the heir-ships Black and Slytherin? Siriius Black who is your godfather went to Azkaban without a trial. It's funny that the name mentioned on the tv about an escaped convict also shares the same name," Percy said with a little bit of eagerness as he rummaged in the same drawer as the test, "but when I asked the Goblin's for a picture, guess who it was."

Percy set a moving laminated picture of Sirius Black down next to the DNA test. It took a bit of time, but Percy had finally gotten a picture of Sirius before Azkaban from Lily Potter's journal that had been in her vault. He had gotten a copy while leaving the original in the vault because he couldn't legally take anything from the vaults until Harry was of age.

"Thats...that's the same man that was on the tv," Harry wondered as he held the picture.

"Sirius Black, your godfather, escaped from Azkaban. And I want to know why," Percy said as he grabbed the copy of the Blood test.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked curiously.

"It's been on the list of things I've been meaning to look into. I was going to wait till after Lockhart's trial before approaching Madam Bones who's handling his trial, but I suppose I can visit her now. Start figuring out our next plan. If his picture is in the Muggle News that means the ministry knows and I can talk it over with the lawyer that Lucius has sent me, Ted Tonks, and can figure out how to best approach his missed trial. I will also need to talk to the Goblins about any Godfather Oath being in place," Percy muttered.

"Wouldn't such an oath show up on the Blood Test?" Harry asked curiously.

Percy shook his head negatively. "No, it's a magical oath. It wouldn't be tied to your blood, but rather your magical core which, while connected to your blood, doesn't work the other way. Blood tests only test for your heir-ships, lands, and any known abilities that magic may, let's say, let off an aura. It's why any blocks on magic can be undone naturally, because as magic grows, it starts to be more controlled and starts destroying the blocks because it knows they're not needed."

"Blocks are meant to control the wild magic in a growing body. It's actually normal for a power magical child to have blocks placed on them because otherwise magic can start to harm itself if left uncontrolled. The problem is that they are generally unblocked by the time they are five, because by then accidental magic happens and helps control magic from there. Because of your parents' death, and the fact I hadn't quite known you had blocks, your abilities were left blocked."

"An oath test is namely self explanatory. Any oath that had been placed on or tied to your core is written down. The only problem I'm seeing is how many people might've sworn an oath to you after you first defeated Voldemort. It may take a few months to go through the list if it's as long as I think it is. Magical Families might swear an oath and it would list everyone in that family, where as a single person might swear an oath to your and it would just be their name recorded. It will take some time for me and the goblins to see if Sirius Black had sword a Godfather Oath. So, while I figure everything out, and before I ask you to take such a test, I will say to keep an eye out for Sirius Black. Neither of us know if he is good or bad. Always have your wand with you," Percy finished seriously.

"You never explained what a Godfather Oath is though," Harry pointed out.

"A Godfather Oath is an oath of life. Similar to swearing on one's magic. However, in this case it would be the Godfather who swears fully on their life to do everything they can to make sure their godson or daughter is taken care of to the best of their abilities. Think of it as making them a second parent. Only a bit more drastic. Magical Communities take the godfather and godmother abilities very seriously. Enough that with the oath in place they cannot betray their godchild in anyway. Which would include--"

"--selling my parents out to Voldemort," Harry finished with wide eyes.

Percy smiled proudly as Harry caught on how important the Godfather Oath is. "I'll start talking it over with Madam Bones later today. I'm meeting with her in three hours, in the meantime, I believe you wanted to talk to me about the DADA assignment and if I had any extra information?"

Harry instantly became more excited as he talked to his father about some of the questions regarding Hellhounds and how one of the topics was a question about Medusa.

Father and son left the office, not noticing that the dog named Snuffles had stayed behind. Seeming frozen in shock staring at the picture of himself that had fallen to the floor when Percy had moved from behind the desk and accidentally bumped it.

The image of his human self reflected in the canine's eyes as he felt a feeling deep in his chest that he hadn't felt since the night his life changed.

Hope.

Maybe this father figure of his godson, Percy Jackson, would actually be able to help him. He thought maybe if he just killed Peter that his life would be okay.

But the past few days, staying with his godson and his adopted father, he started to feel like he actually had a family again. And god did he miss that.

The emptiness that had stayed inside him while he mourned the loss of his brother in all but blood James, and his life long crush and later wife Lily. The guilt that had punched through him when he realized it hadn't been Remus that would sell them out, but the traitor rat that they seemed to have trusted more than their life long friends with a little Furry problem.

Maybe, just maybe, after all this is over, he might actually have a life again. Even without James or Lily, he made an oath all those years ago, and he knew he was going to follow through with it to the best of his abilities.

Word Count: 1729

Note: Because I know that previous updates were screwy at best, I'll post a reminder of all creatures that Harry as so far run into/adopted...

1 - Mrs.Norris → Filch's cat (Female)
1 - Lunar → Dragon (Female)
1 - Eclipse → Cat (Male)
1 - Solar → Unicorn (Female)
1 - Fluffy → Cerberus (Male)
1 - Hedwig → Owl (Female)

2 - Uranus → Small Pixie (Male) (PRONOUNCED: oo-RON-ohs)
2 - Neptune → Small Pixie (Male)
2 - Levi → (water Hydra)/Leviantian (Male)
2 - / → Grindylow -
2 - Regina → Queen Basilisk (Female)

3 - Snuffles - Sirius Animagus Form (Male)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 13.4K 30
[1] New Beginnings: WARNING!! Story is technically complete but I started editing literally years ago then never finished so the beginning's a little...
452 9 11
Percy potter after spending his summer in America comes back home only to find out he is a wizard how will he manage the changes in his life how will...
87.3K 2.9K 26
[THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN. PLEASE CHECK MY ACCOUNT FOR TGE REWRITTEN VERSION.] [No Mythology] Percy Jackson was born into a life of manipulation...
494K 16.4K 28
*NO GREEK MYTHOLOGY* Perseus 'Percy' Achilles Jackson was always in foster care. Never knew his real parents or how he got his powers of water and sh...