Goodbye my dear King

By Yaoifangirl3206

"A King who is afraid of losing his Queen..." "A Queen who will sacrifice everything to save his King..." Alf... More

The ball of the spade kingdom
The recognizeable suitor
Secrets of the Spade kingdom
Meeting of four kingdoms and a maid
A day without Alfred (Part 1)
A day without Alfred (Part 2) (+face reveal)
Our Halloween party! (Halloween special!)
Merry Christmas!!!
Our New Years day out
First meeting of the new year
Happy Birthday Alfred...
Queen training
A meeting gone wrong part 1
A meeting gone wrong part 2
The kingdoms on our side
Getting Arthur back
First night back (smut)
Celebration of a lifetime
A mistake or the best decision of my life
I can't lose you again
Ace of Spades
Happy ending for the Spade kingdom

A tale to be forgotten

824 25 7
By Yaoifangirl3206

HelloooThank you all for the support I'm already getting, I appreciate it a lot since I feel extremely lonely these days😭 Anyway on with the story. BTW this has mentions of abuse (sexual, emotional, verbal and physical abuse) and has mentions of rape. Also mentions of suicide. I'm soooo sorry, but just a disclaimer, like I said before I love France and England, but oh well... I'm so going to hate myself after this one lol😂

Arthur's POV

I woke up from yet another nightmare and started sobbing into the pillow. If Francis hears me, he might do that again... I thought as I calmed down after a bit. I realized my bed is way softer and cozier than before and I didn't feel the scratchy stockings or the tight corset. I finally remembered what happened before I passed out and immediately took a look across the room.

I sighed in relief as I realized I'm one not in my previous room and second not in a dungeon for disrespecting the King. I realized Alfred had fallen asleep on a chair. He looked so cute... Wait what!!! He had on what looked like blue pajamas with spades all over them. His bangs were hanging over his now closed eyes as he let out tiny snores. He had his arms crossed across his chest making me afraid I did something wrong.

Wait... Oh crap! If he spent almost the whole night with me, he didn't have time to meet a queen. Francis was very serious about disrupting guests who were clearly in love or trying to find it. Maybe he's mad that he spent his whole night helping me, a maid worth nothing, that he didn't find a queen! Oh god I'm in so much trouble if he wakes up!

I notice his glasses were almost going to fall off of his face. Without thinking I sat up and tried to take it off. While doing so I accidentally woke him up and he instinctively grabbed my wrist. He opened his tired, sapphire blue eyes that still manages to shine in the dark room, only the moon shining in through the window. "I'm sorry... I was only...trying to take off the glasses before they break... I didn't want to disturb your majesty... I'm sorry..." I hesitantly explained only loud enough so he can hear. He notices what he was doing and immediately lets go of my wrist. I take it back to my chest immediately as a habit I have and it seemed like the King noticed as he looked down in... Sadness...? Maybe the dark is playing tricks on me.

"No, it's alright. You were trying to help that's it. I'm sorry for grabbing you like that, I was taught to have good reflexes by my advisor Yao. I shouldn't have done that..." He smiled reassuringly as he pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose. The room fell silent both of us not knowing what to say. He just kept smiling at me in reassurance. Did Francis tell him what he did to me? Does he want to do the same to me since Francis probably explained it as 'fun and erotic'? Or does he actually want to care for me and protect me? Ha! Who am I kidding?! The only people who really cared for me was my parents and even they betrayed me...

I let out a choked back sob as I had my face in my hands, mostly covering my mouth and my eyes. Alfred seemed to notice because he immediately came closer and tried to hug me. But as always I had to ruin a nice gesture as on instinct I pushed him away from me accidentally pushing him off of the bed making him fall to the ground. I heard the surprisingly soft thud as I immediately knew what was coming. Damnit Arthur! Why are you always like this?! I silently screamed at myself. Alfred stood up immediately as I expected to be screamed at. It once again surprised me when he sat next to me on the bed still keeping his distance. He's maybe afraid of me. The logical part of my brain argued that he's probably keeping his distance to give me personal space. I brought my legs to my chest as I let out tiny sobs into my arm.

"I know what he did to you..." Alfred was the first to break the silence as my eyes widened. Oh god he knows. He's so judging me right now! He sighed sadly. "How...?" I croaked out hesitantly. "Well Francis was talking about a maid he thought was cutely submissive, you were afraid of him, the maids dress and all the bruises and hickeys across your body. All of those aspects were pretty obvious," he pointed out as I stared at him in surprise at the last one. "Wait how do you know about the last one?!" I screamed out the question as I covered myself up. I should've known...

"No... No it's not anything like that! When I undressed you to put you in more comfortable and warm clothes I noticed it! I swear I didn't try anything! I just wanted you to feel warm, comfortable and protected here..." He mumbled the last part, but I could still hear him. I blushed a little as a tiny smile spread across my face. So maybe he does care...

"If you feel the need to scream, don't do it in a castle full of tired people aru!" I heard an unfamiliar voice scream as Alfred let out a soft chuckle. "You can't tell me what to do MOM!" Alfred screamed back as a response as I stifled a laugh. "I'm the only mother you had and will ever have so shut your trap and go to sleep!" They shouted back in what sounded like a Chinese accent as Alfred looked offended. "That burned more than the chicken I tried to cook with my flamethrower a few nights ago!" I heard a American accent shout as Alfred pouted and everyone laughed. (A/N If you understood that reference I will love you forever!!!)

"Alright for the sake of my pride let's talk like this," Alfred whispered making me giggle. Alfred's pout turned into a grin as he heard my giggle. "Do you want to talk about it? My brother used to get bullied a lot and would never talk to anyone about it," he smiled reassuringly and then in sadness. "'Used to' did the bullying stop?" I asked as he looked down sadly. "No... He kept bottling up those feelings, but one day he had enough and after his 14th birthday party, to which only me and his other best friend Lovino showed up... He shot himself. He would've been King now if it weren't for that day," Alfred kept looking down as I stared at him in surprise. I notice tears streaming down his face. I hesitantly wiped them away. He looked at me surprised before smiling a smile a mix of sadness and reassurance.

After a while of Alfred crying he finally calmed down as I sighed. Wow can't believe I'm being so naïve. "Well let me introduce myself. I'm Arthur Kirkland-" I started, but he cut me off. "Kirkland. The Kirkland's?" Alfred asked surprised. I nodded my head. "For a few years of my life all was great. My father Allistor Kirkland was the richest man right next to the King of Diamonds and was very in love with my mother Françoise Kirkland. Until he and my mom didn't come back and I was forced to live with the women who took care of me on business trips. After a while she just abandoned me as well and I was forced to work at the kingdom of diamonds to survive," I told the story of how the only two people who actually cared for me abandoned me just like that. I sighed sadly, but continued anyway while the King listened as he stared into my eyes.

"Don't get me wrong, Francis didn't always abuse me. It started off quite nice. He would always ask me to come and eat with him and his family. But soon he was forced into a marriage he didn't want. He then started sexually, physically and verbally abusing me," I explained as I held back tears at the awful memories and the good memories mixing with them, showing how stupid I was.

"Earlier before the ball started was the worst though. He was rougher than usual and left a lot more bruises than usual. He only sometimes physically abuses me since it is clearly shown, but when he does he is ruthless and does it out of anger, which he usually takes out on me," I admitted as I stared at my body only to realize I was wearing one of Alfred's pajamas. I finally let the tears spill as I held my legs closer to my chest as I feel (and kind of see through the corner of my eye) Alfred slowly wrapping his arm around my shoulders as he holds me close, but not close enough to make me feel uncomfortable or unsafe. I sucked in my fear and cried in his chest, but didn't return the hug. He accepted this and just patted my back in a comforting motion.

"Wait did you know my parents personally?" I finally asked out of curiosity. "I have been ruling this kingdom since I was 16 years old. I met them around a year after my coronation. They came to the palace to talk about business here in the castle. I let them stay in the castle as they were guests and important ones at that. He is only the founder of one of the most popular alcohol brands in all four kingdoms! My father loved his alcohol and would buy it a lot! He also came over a lot when I was younger... Though I never knew they had a son..." He explained. "I stayed at a friend of theirs house while they were gone for business," I repeated what I explained earlier as he nodded in understanding.

"What happened to them?" I asked hesitantly. "Well...Allistor on the third night died of a heart attack and doctors said its because of his alcohol and smoking addiction. Françoise was so upset and depressed by his death she started drinking to forget the pain as well. Soon she committed suicide by an overdose on pain pills she easily got a hold of since we keep it around the house," Alfred hesitantly explained as I sobbed even more realizing why they never returned. "I'm so sorry Arthur," he apologized stroking my hair and back.

I finally hugged back and cried into his chest. He held me close as he tried to help me calm down from my waterfall of tears. Soon I calmed down and only let out shaky breaths. I feel Alfred stand up and feared that I did something wrong. "Do you want anything to drink or eat Artie? I know for sure I'm not sleeping now," Alfred offered smiling as I looked at him confused. "Wait what? I should be the one making us something to eat or drink. You are the King after all. And what is it with Artie?" I was very confused. "Well first off you have been through too much already, second off I may be the King, but you are my guest. And I thought Artie might be a cute nickname for you," he smiled kindly as I tried to smile back, only for it to come out as a tiny lift my lips. He still noticed and smiled even brighter.

"Are you sure? I could go make something," I asked making sure. "Yeah I can handle myself. You just sit here and look pretty. I'll go make us something," Alfred assured still smiling. "Tea please," I politely requested as he nodded and quickly went to make the drinks. Huh, I'm so not used to being served. I'm so used to being the server. Maybe Alfred isn't so bad after all... I mean he did save me from Francis when he could've just as easily given me to him to be punished.

I look around the now well lit room (Again the moon shining in) as I noticed a picture on the bed stand. I pick it up as I see two identical twins smiling brightly. One holding up peace signs the other holding a polar bear teddy. I identified one of them as Alfred and realized the other was maybe his brother that committed suicide. I sadly smiled as I looked down to the happy brothers. His smile sure changed... Well if you lost your brother at 14 and became King at 16 I believe it's hard to stay innocent for long...

I stare at the picture as I finally notice Alfred is already back with the drinks. "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to snoop," I apologized putting the picture down gently. "No need to say sorry. I'm very curious at times," he smiled as he handed me my tea. We talked about all the times we were a little too curious for our own good, till I noticed blood smeared all over my cup. I looked at my hand and then at Alfred's. I notice he had a cut along his palm. "Alfred... You're bleeding," I pointed out as he looked at his palm then at the floor. "Oh gosh... I'm sorry, I didn't notice till now," he laughed it off as I stared at him in confusion and concern.

"How...did you even get that?" I asked as I hesitantly took his hand to examine it. He let me do as I pleased and shrugged it off. "My advisor Yao I mentioned earlier was being wayyyy to overdramatic a few days ago and accidentally knocked a glass of water off of the table and it shattered across the floor. I thought we gathered all the broken glass... Guess I was wrong," he admitted laughing. I rolled my eyes. "Lucky for you it isn't serious," I muttered. "Aww were you concerned?" He batted his eyes. I huffed out a sigh and turned my head away pouting. "Of course not!" I softly yelled careful not to wake anyone.

And so we continued talking until Alfred fell asleep with his head on my shoulder. I sighed and rested my head against his. One thought crossed my mind before I fell asleep as well. Please don't let this end like it did with Francis...

Hellooo Wow... Way longer than expected tbh😂 Anyway till next time Lieblings

Bye bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 178 15
The world of Suits is changing. The Kingdoms have gained new rulers, what will happen between these rulers and what drama will unfold? Diamonds poin...
37.1K 1.3K 29
Arthur has gotten a mark, of spades even though he lives in clubs.. What could it mean? Alfred is Prince of spades, he is unsure of who will rule the...
41K 1.5K 13
Cardverse! Omegaverse! Farmer boy and Alpha, Alfred F. Jones runs into the lost Queen of the Spade Kingdom, and helps him get back to the castle. The...
17K 840 15
The world of Suits is changing. The Kingdoms have gained new rulers, what will happen between these rulers and what drama will unfold? Spades point...