SINS •Lead|PJM|KNJ•

By NayanaVadakkekara

Exposure to restricted entities may cause one harm. But exposure to wrong might cause a harm that is far crue... More

SPECIAL THANKS
DISCLAIMER
ACHIEVEMENTS
IMPORTANT: TERMINOLOGY
●000● Prologue
PART-I
|I|Episode●002● The Gift
|I|Episode●003● Ménage
|I|Episode●004● First Love
PART-II
|II|Episode●005● Acquaintance
|II|Episode●006● Hope
|II|Episode●007● Neighbours
|II|Episode●008● Foe
|II|Episode●009● Dimwit
|II|Episode●010● Gifted
|II|Episode●011● Freedom
The World Beyond Us: One
PART-III
|III|Episode●012● Happy Food
|III|Episode●013● Baby Brother
|III|Episode●014● Rebirthed
|III|Episode●015● Epiphany
|III|Episode●016● Trapped
The World Beyond Us: Two
|III|Episode●017● Juvenile
|III|Episode●018● The Plan
|III|Episode●019● The Revenge
PART-IV
|IV|Episode●020● New Barriers
|IV|Episode●021● Summoning
|IV|Episode●022● Orphans
|IV|Episode●023● Confession
|IV|Episode●024● The Solution
|IV|Episode●025● Intuition
|IV|Episode●026● Acceptance
●≺n≻● Epilogue

|I|Episode●001● Etiquettes

198 18 42
By NayanaVadakkekara

The man went on his walk again- the fifth time in the span of the last 24 hours, he and others like him kept no track of. He always knew the boundaries, but he would still walk as long as his sentiments could take him(physical capabilities were the least of worries for a massless being like him anyway).

His eyes landed on a figure when he took the turn at the end of the street. It was shining in the dull void of this dark earth. A fresh shine that slowly started dissipating as he started advancing towards the possessor of that visual charm. He was thankful that he was able to witness it right on time. Otherwise, he would never have guessed that it was indeed a free soul he was witnessing within a luck's distance from him: someone from the earth amongst those hopeless savages like him slaved for perhaps eternity in this dark world.

He had queries bottled in him that he wanted to quench the thirst of, and so, so many of them. But finally! It had been so long since he communicated with anyone outside of this prison he was enslaved in.

His long, impatient strides worried the woman ―who had just adapted to the new environment she was in― he was approaching, causing her figure to lose all the glory of the glimmer she was emitting, the one that had attracted the man. It was more than just a worry, rather a neophyte's panic. With an anxious gasp and a squeal she couldn't help but let out, the soul managed to vanish just as the man reached out to her, leaving all but a shimmering glint behind for the defeated man.

He roared loud in disappointment. It had been such a rare chance! All the things he could've caught up to! What year it was? What all had changed? Was his hopefulness worth anything? Something! Anything! 

He kept walking again, and let his feet drag the mass of his miserable, pitiful soul, an unbothered stance to the realization that he had already unknowingly crossed the limits of his boundary now. And the next place he found himself in was that four-walled enclosure that he despised the most. To the Square One! The first room to the left in House 3069 of Sajik-ro-3-gil 23. He stepped out of the wretched room and commenced his journey. Like always...

All over again...

Sera sloppily parked the car and headed to her house slamming the door shut behind with a frightening impact. The other presence in the premise ―her housemate― was shocked for less than a moment before it withered away. Without even bothering to check up on her housemate, who Sera was sure was in the house, judging from the noises she could hear from the pantry, she rushed to her bedroom in urgency.

It took not more or less than an exact of 42 minutes before she stepped out of the aforementioned room. In body tight-wrapped in a fresh, short, red, satin party dress, with makeup as minimalistic as just a crimson lipstick to define the boldness of her lips, she looked seductive yet elite neat.

She headed to the kitchen out of amusement; for the music of cutlery, utensils and probably oven, to be playing in an hour such as that, was unnatural in her household. Sera still had the idea of what was going on, regardless.

"Yo, why the hell are you doing this again? You have work in one hour," she complained.

The girl behind the counter, Hongnan by name, dressed in college-wear fashion and an apron tied around the waist, simply smiled at Sera's tantrum. "It's no big deal. Only making the cake. Dinner is Rowoon unnie's business. Well, I'm assuming since she promised. Don't worry, I could call and check on her progress, or remind her, haha..."

"Great!" Sera rolled her eyes. "Preparing feasts straight after coming from work, she's even more dramatic! You both know I'll be late anyway. Why?"

"Because you promised to reach back by one." 

"And that's very late. Nanie, you have college tomorrow." Sera pointed at her other housemate's photo on the collage on the refrigerator door. "And that bitch has work. Why are you planning to starve her and yourself till one? Ugh, youngsters these days!"

"Rowoon unnie's older than you, granny," Hongnan sassed.

"Whatever! Mentally, y'all are equal, with the crazy going on extra for her."

"True..." The younger girl chuckled. "But why are you in a bad mood? You literally slammed the door when you came in, unnie." She checks the clock beside the refrigerator. "And WHOA, it's 7:15 already. You're late!"

"I gave the key to Hyejin while I was heading back here. I had to freshen up and change after the morning's work." Sera sighed. "That witch drained my soul out of me today, kept taking me from places to places. She was being so fucking demanding in all the shops. Dumb employees! They do things on purpose to annoy their boss. Anyway, I'm sure she went straight to the club. Nothing to worry about."

"But you're a nice employer, unnie. She wouldn't have done that on purpose, she's a friend too... Ooh, since you guys purchased today ―right?― doesn't it mean she'll be preparing some new items? Wow, I kinda wanna come taste it all now. Bloody work!"

"Hmm."

"And that dress? Thank you for wearing my gift, ma'am. I swear it's so hard to have anything approved from you. But you look pretty, I chose right...." She smiled, eyeing her with a hum of satisfaction. "Planning to be all sexy for Jimin oppa, huh? Well, enjoy the night!" Hongnan winked at the end.

"Hope so. And don't be so chirpy, this dress is ridiculous, I only wore it out of pity. I only look sexy 'cause I always do. It makes me look like a slutty teenager. Thanks, anyway."

"Sure, whatever floats your boat, ma'am."

/Sera was always confident in the way she looked. She believed there was nothing of remark in her, nothing that stood out, an average Korean woman with not all the features matching the Korean beauty-standard list. But she also believed that she was beautiful, basing the few features that did resonate. She was taller than the average, complexion not as pale as what the society craved for but still glowing, slim but not skinny, and her posture, the only 'perfect' part of the body, was appreciated owing to both the toned, muscular attributes that she had and her chest(that was elevated than the average size). The upper-hand in totality was that she could work on the sex-appeal./ 

"But you should really get going now, the star of the night can't be late. Come on, get going already!" Hongnan pushed Sera out of the kitchen.

○◆○

After Sera reached her destination, she parked her car and made her way to the entrance of the club. The glimmering, attractive LED name board was resting with pride on an elevation of precisely the top of the first floor, some height above the entrance door. The name-board held, in white font over the constrasting black background, the word Etiquettes written as clear as a day on it, with a bold red line cutting straight through the word.

She walked through the entrance after being greeted by the two muscular bouncers, after the party people waiting outside eyed her and the bouncers with confusion but annoyance for letting her enter without having to be in the queue like them.

She stormed straightaway to the second floor and shut herself in the room. She had pre-decided to indulge herself in the comfort of her couch when she was on her way. Only newbie teens would dare to hit the club in early hours. The real party would always begin late when the regulars would arrive. And Sera was especially confident that most of the regulars would arrive today. She just had to wait.

Voices could be heard from the rooms around. The party of the evening was still on its way but the horny young adults started occupying the rooms around already. Sera wondered how those kids had so much money to pay for them. The insignificant query always irritated her, but she let it slide. Money was important after all.

○◆○

Sera descended the stairs to join the commotion. Women were screaming their hearts out. Their favourite DJ presented himself after all. It was nearing 10:30, and Song Hyunbin, popularly known by his stage name Rocky, moved aside and made way for the favourite DJ of the club.

"Biggie! Biggie!" Some of the crowd, being more specific- female crowd, started chanting.

Sera could easily distinguish the regulars from the others.

Streaks of dancing bright, blinding lights smoothly flowed around the hall. Music which was previously being played on deafening volume lowered in sound. The density on the dance floor depreciated as half of the population kept subliming to the DJ's corner. Sera found herself standing next to a young girl who was as clueless as many of her peers were too. Sera smiled to her when their eyes met, even though she didn't want to. She had promised Hongnan to be nice to everyone today.

"Excuse me, agassi? Do you come here often?" The girl asked Sera, her eyes as if she was judging Sera for something she couldn't get a hold of yet. The tone of the girl triggered Sera much, but she responded with a hesitant nod.

"Why do they call him 'Biggie'? I mean, he's isn't that tall."

By now she could definitely feel anger warring to ooze out from her. It never took much to trigger Sera, anyway. Deep breaths! That's what her anger-management classes embedded in her. She inhaled one.

"Oh, honey. It's not his body they're talking about, but just a specific part of his body," Sera said with a plastic smile and a wink. It was actually just an inside joke between Park Jimin ―Biggie in the club― and the regulars that popularised the nickname, but Sera didn't feel the need to tell a stranger that.

"Gross. By the way, I'm Jung Mari. And ahjumma's name is? Oh, I'm so sorry, I meant to say 'agassi'."

By now, Sera was sure she concluded right about that girl.

Sera didn't happen to retort yet, surprisingly, and she wished to continue like that. "You don't need to know. I don't think you'll come here often."

"What?" The girl said.

Sera saw the barman approaching with complimentary drinks. "Nothing. Just have a drink," she said to the girl who she learned, identified as Jung Mari. The man presented Mari a glass, and left without bothering to give Sera one.

"How rude? He didn't give you one," Mari said.

"Maybe they only give it to the pretty girls," Mari muttered to herself under her breath.

Sera's ears had always been sharp at catching words, however; despite her professional lifestyle. This time, a nerve twitched in her head as she heard the newbie's mumble to self( or deliberate words intended as an offence). It was really hard to not just pounce on her. But she endured.

The young girl took a sip, and her face twisted in disgust due to the bitterness, almost immediately. Sera cringed at the disrespect, alcohol was always Godly in her eyes.

"Yo kid, are you even legal to be here?" Sera asked.

"Of course, I am. I turned 18 last week. This is my first time in a club."

"Well, that's obvious. Finish the drink and go home. Your parents might be worried."

"You are no one to decide that, ahjumma," she scoffed. The 'ahjumma' was back again; the girl had no idea how much she was testing the older.

"How you doin' everyone?" The DJ yelled in the mic, making the crowd go crazy. The lights focused on the aforementioned. He was wearing a sleeveless, black, checkered shirt highlighting his sweaty and tattooed muscular arms that glazed under the lights. A rugged grey jeans accompanied the look. Blonde hair pulled back stylishly, the silver rings hanging loosely from his lobes mirrored the glints of the light streaks. His beautiful yet unnatural orbs( as it concealed beneath the layer of contact lens), made him look even more sinful. The popular DJ of Etiquettes, name: Park Jimin.

"What a sexy rascal!" Mari mumbled, gaining Sera's attention.

"Does this 'Biggie' man even have a name?" She asked.

"Everyone does." Sera wondered why she was even answering.

"Well, then what is it?"

"You don't need to—"

"At least tell his name, ahjumma. He's not your husband, is he?"

Sera was debating whether to let out her inner demon or not. The temper management therapy and it's practices were making her madder these days, and the fact that she was even following it at the moment burned her pride.

"Park Jimin, take my virginity!" One of the highly thrilled girls shouted.

/There were reasons why everyone was crazy for the man. Jimin was, in simple words, the finest example of a charmer. It came naturally to him. He could be flirty and sexy, and also cute and shy, whatever that would trap the other in his charms. To add to that, he didn't even need the intention at times, it would come involuntarily. Again, natural! He had oval, baby face with baby skin, jawline angular. Eyes narrow, disappeared and formed just a line when he laughed too hard. With squishy nose, fully plump lips, round ears and long, attractive neck, he was easily the looker. He was tall enough, taller than average, even. But the ratio proportion of his face, upper and lower body often gave the illusion he was short and he was hence discredited at the criteria. He was the handsomest one in the club. Highlight was, it had all been still unorthodox and unique, for the man also didn't fit much in the conventional beauty standard list like Sera./

"Bitch, you're not even a virgin," the girls surrounding her said in unison.

"Well, you don't have to tell me now, ahjumma," Mari said.

"Today's a special day," Park Jimin announced, "Most of you regulars here are present today for the reason, right?"

"Where's our birthday girl?" One of the men shouted.

"What drama is this now?" Mari said rolling her eyes.

"Well, it's technically not her birthday yet, Soobin. But thanks for spoiling the surprise. I spent time on writing this speech dude," Jimin said, making everyone laugh. Well, some were  laughing crazy regardless; they were just all loose from the alcohol.

"The owner of Etiquettes and my dear friend, Geum Sera, will be celebrating her birthday in an hour."

People cheered at Jimin's words. Mostly men to be precise, the women looked disappointed and pissed.

"Geum Sera! Geum Sera! Geum Sera!" The crowd and the staff yelled. Soobin was the first one to initiate.

"I would have said a lot more, but Soobin dude, you ruined it tonight." Jimin claimed. "Come up Sera."

"Why is that whore not showing up now? Bet she's such an attention seeker," Mari voiced out. And Sera only wondered how the naive-looking newbie had the capability to have a tongue like that. But then she remembered herself back at that age.

At that moment Sera noticed light approaching her. Jimin was still busy inspecting in the crowd. Just when the lights were about to land on her, Sera lightly pushed her body on Mari's hand that held the liquor.

"There she is," Jimin's voice echoed as everyone turned silent.

The liquid drenched her body and dress, and she fake gasped extremely loud when she realized she was in the limelight.

"What did I ever do to you girl?" Sera said rather loud. "Know what, I'm taking anger management classes. I can't be even angry at you. Just get out of my sight." She said rather dramatically. Talent in acting had always been in her favour, she would just be too bothered to use it for good.

Jimin jumped off his mini stage and reached out to Sera after pushing through much.

"No one stays here after messing with our Sera," Soobin, one of the regulars, yelled drunk.

"Yeah, you evil hoe!" Another one squawked. Most people in the crowd started booing at the innocent girl.

"Sorry ma'am, you would have to leave the club," Jimin told the girl politely.

"But I did—" Mari tried to protest.

"Leave!" Jimin said in a cold, hostile demeanour with a hint of aggressiveness in them, the polar contradiction to how he was seconds earlier.

.

.

.

.

.

A/N:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.9K 4.6K 41
"This fate like fool cursed me" Two groups, 14 hearts, 2 hearts connected as 1 while the love for the fateful person grows stronger. They hate, despi...
Invictus By Ellie

Teen Fiction

837 57 7
"Anybody who would get near her would turn into Icarus that came too close to the sun." •••• Those monsters conceal themselves behind a mask of norma...
170 14 12
[[ THE HOLY 7 GUARDIANS SERIES. BOOK THREE. ]] "Ma, why can't I talk to the fire guardian?" "Because he is our creator and you are just a mere nymph...
4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...