You Break It, You Buy It {Rom...

By bigboybongerz

Romanogers AU Steve Rogers leads a good life. He's popular, an amazing athlete, and has good grades. Another... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
?
36
37
38
39
40
41
Finale

29

1.6K 58 18
By bigboybongerz

Third Person POV

"So what's up?" Natasha asked, putting her suitcase aside and flopping down on the bed.

Carol tossed her duffel on the floor and sat beside her, letting out a huff of air. "Pietro..."

"Pietro..." Natasha repeated, hoping she would continue. 

"Ki...d m..." She mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"What?" Natasha laughed. 

"Ugh," Carol grimaced. "Kissed me."

"About time," Natasha smirked, sitting up. "How'd you react?"

Carol was silent, then guilty looked up. "I slapped him," She winced, biting her nail. 

"Alright, well let's go," Natasha said decisively, getting off the bed. "You are going to go into the water with Pietro, and find a private area of the crystal clear water, and make it happen." 

"Make what happen?" Carol asked obliviously.

"You do have a thing for him, right?" Natasha squinted suspiciously. 

"Yeah, so?" Carol raised an eyebrow, grabbing her water bottle.

"Okay, Pietro has his own cabana, he's not sharing with anyone, so you're going to visit him later tonight, and have a talk. You guys are great together," Natasha smiled, and Carol glared begrudgingly at her before following her out of the cabana. The two jogged to Tony's cabana, where everyone was already waiting. 

"Finally," Sam rolled his eyes. "Let's do this, Danvers."

Carol tossed her towel at him and smirked, running to the dock. Sam threw her towel on the sand and ran after her. Pietro stayed behind and watched as Bucky and Steve followed. Natasha stared at him and nudged his shoulder. "Hey," She said, catching his attention. 

"Hey," Pietro sighed, tearing his eyes away from Carol. 

"I heard what happened," Natasha smiled gently, nodding towards Carol, who had just emerged from the water. 

"I do like her," Pietro said. "But I've been friends with her since before she and Wanda knew each other. We were on the pee wee T-ball team together," He chuckled fondly at the memory. "It makes sense she doesn't think of me like that."

"Don't be so sure about that, big brother," Wanda smiled, laying a consoling hand on Pietro's shoulder. "She just has difficulty expressing emotion in ways besides slapping and punching. Go talk to her," Wanda giggled, looking at Carol, who had just punched Sam. 

Pietro smiled and kissed the top of Wanda's head, running off to the water. Natasha and Wanda stood together on the beach, looking at Pietro cannonballing into the water, completely engulfing Carol in water. Carol laughed and splashed him back, and Wanda smiled when she saw him start conversation with her. 

"Hey, you want me to wait here with you while Bucky's in the water for a couple minutes?" Natasha asked Wanda.

"No it's fine, Pepper said she's mostly tanning anyways, so I'll go over to where she is," Wanda shrugged. "You head into the water, I think Maria's waiting for you to go in." 

Natasha smiled and jogged to the dock, where Steve, Bucky, Carol, Maria, and Pietro were lining up. "Hey, what are you guys doing?" Natasha asked, slipping her flip flops off. 

"We're gonna race," Carol said, squeezing some of the water out of her hair.

"I think I will stay and watch," Natasha smirked, heading to the back of the group. 

"Come on, you haven't even gone in the water yet," Bucky smiled, flipping his wet hair back. "Actually," He winked at Steve, who was sneaking up behind Natasha. 

"No," Natasha spun around, backing away from Steve. Pietro grabbed her from behind and ran to the edge of the dock, throwing her in. Steve jumped in after her, splashing her as soon as she emerged from the water. "I hate you guys," Natasha jumped out of the water, running to Bucky and pushing him in. 

Maria laughed and kicked Pietro, who was standing at the edge of the dock, and he fell into the water with a resounding splash. Sam charged at Maria and took her into the water, falling in with her. 

"Wait up!" Pepper ran into the water while Wanda perched on the edge of the dock. Tony had been watching from afar and threw some water guns into the water. 

"Knock yourselves out, whoever's still alive gets the first Manhattan," He laid back on a beach chair, flipping his sunglasses down. 

Carol grabbed four of the six water guns and tossed three of them to Natasha, Pepper, and Maria. "Put the guns down," Pietro put his hands up while frantically backing away from Carol, who was filling hers up. 

"At least give us one more gun," Steve held his hand out for Natasha to hand hers to him. 

"Yeah, I guess it is kind of unfair," Maria said. "But, then again, Sam knocked me into the water, so I say no," She squirted Sam square in the mouth. 

"Hey, there were six guns, the girls have four, and Bucky has another... where's the sixth one?" Pepper asked. 

"Guess," Sam pulled the gun out from under the water and began spraying Maria. 

"Alright, alright," Bucky, said upon having a gun thrown at him. " Call it a truce?" He looked at Tony, who had fallen asleep. "Get Stark," He mouthed to Carol, who grinned mischievously. 

The group quietly snuck out of the pool and approached Tony's chair. Carol aimed to take the first shot, but she jumped back out of shock when Tony spoke up.

"You guys are so gullible," He smirked, pulling a water gun out from under his chair, immediately opening fire on Natasha. 

Natasha yanked the legs of Tony's chair harshly, causing him to roll onto the sand. "Your Cartier sunglasses are going to be waste by the end of this, Stark," Carol threatened lowly, rolling Tony over and taking the sunglasses off his eyes. 

"They're Bulgari Flora, so not that big of a loss, but they cost more than you're month's rent, so you better come back here, Danvers," Tony coughed out sand, recollecting himself and getting up off the ground, chasing her towards the water.

Natasha stood on the beach and laughed quietly to herself while everyone else rushed back towards the docks, playing 'hot potato' with Tony's sunglasses.

"Wanna to join the fun or you gonna keep watching?" A masculine voice spoke up behind her.

Natasha turned around, surprised to see Steve standing there. "Hey."

"So, what do you say? Wanna go hop in again?"

"I'm actually gonna call my mom," Natasha said, the words surprising her when they came out of her mouth.

"Really?" Steve asked, equally surprised, smiling.

"Yeah," Natasha smiled. Steve kissed her lips, lingering there for a while before rushing off to the water. Natasha dialed her mother's number and waited until she picked up. "Hi, mom."

"Natasha? Hi," Her mother picked up, her voice weary.

"Oh, my god, I forgot about the time difference, it must be close to midnight in Russia" Natasha scolded herself.

"No, I'm happy you called," Her mother cut in hastily. "How are you? How's your vacation so far?"

"It's... really nice. I miss the friends I had in Russia, but New York is more my pace. I hope the next time you visit, you can explore it with me," Natasha settled down on Tony's beach chair.

"I'm glad you have so many friends," Her mother chuckled fondly.

"Yeah, they're pretty great," Natasha said, looking at her friends frolicking in the water, and Wanda waving her over. "I, uh, actually have a boyfriend, too."

"Not that Bruce?" Her mother asker immediately. "Uh, you're father wrote me once when his father..."

"No. His name is Steve. I really like him."

"That's good. Make sure he's good to you," Natasha's mother warned.

"He treats me better than I treat myself," Natasha smiled.

"As it should be," Her mother quipped, making Natasha laugh softly.

"I should go, my friends are waiting for me. Are you coming back to New York soon?"

"Two months from now. I'm helping a friend who's moving to Russia. I'll call you?" Natasha's mother's voice asked softly with anticipation.

"Of course. Bye, mom." Natasha hung up and tossed her phone onto the beach towels, running straight into the water. She crept up behind Steve and kissed his wet back, placing her hands on his broad shoulders.

"How'd your call go?" Steve asked, while catching a foam football from Carol. He threw it back and turned to Natasha, holding her close to his body.

Natasha smiled and held Steve's arms, which were wrapped around her waist. "It went well. I'm starting to feel as close to her as I used to."

"Then why do you seem unhappy?" Steve raised his eyebrows, knowing Natasha getter than that.

"It just seems too good to be true," Natasha admitted, swimming over to the dock, hoisting herself up and sitting down on the wet wooden planks.

"Can I offer my two cents?" Steve said, sitting next to her.

"Please do," Natasha smirked.

"You're on a private island with great people, and a pretty decent boyfriend, if I say so myself," Steve smiled. "Let yourself be happy." With that, he kissed Natasha's cheek and slid off the dock back into the water.

Natasha watched Steve swim away for a couple seconds, hopping back into the water, mumbling to herself, "Well with you, I just might."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 156 29
How I imagine the timeline of Romanogers. Read to find out (post after Aou, before CA:CW) DISCLAIMER : I do NOT own anything inside except the story...
98.8K 2.4K 33
"You are coming with me beautiful" Steve Rogers world dangerous gangs lead,Natasha romanoff a simple girl trying to live her life. Her father died bu...
247K 4.2K 39
Natasha and Steve have been partners for a long time, but the undercover mission is nothing like the others! It's hard to keep track of the things th...
61.8K 1.1K 134
a collection of romanogers one shots! - credits go to all rightful owners.