What I See In You (BWWM)

By AyitiCheri_26

Desiree is a nice sweet person. She faces challenges with dealing with family problems but manages to not let... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Characters
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Coming soon
Out now!!!!

18

6.2K 237 70
By AyitiCheri_26

Friday

We arrived at Crystals place and walked up her front porch. Since it was Friday night we all decided to do a sleepover at her place.

Her younger brother opened the door and smiled at us.

"Well hello, ladies." He said as he leaned against the door.

"Hey Marcus." Iyan and I said.

"C'mon on in, and make yourself comfortable." He said as he moved aside. I tried to hold in my laughter as I we both entered.

"Hey guys. Marcus go away." Crystal said as she came downstairs.

"I will in a second." He said.

"Vete o te digo a mamá!" She yelled at him. He rolled his eyes and went to the living room, mumbling something back in Spanish.

"Let's go to my room." We followed her up her room. Diamond was already there eating popcorn and scrolling through Netflix on her tv.

"We brought a bunch of snacks per your request." Iyan said.

"Good, I'll be back. I have to make sure Marcus isn't doing anything stupid." Crystal said then left.

"Her brother is hilarious." I laugh.

"Not all the time. Imagine having a 13 year old hid on you." Diamond said.

"He still has a crush on you?" Iyan laughed.

"Who does?" Crystal asked as she came back.

"Your brother." Iyan said.

"That kid is mentally unstable. What do you guys want to do? Gossip? Watch a movie?" Crystal asked.

"Let's start with the movie. We gotta save the best activities for last." Diamond said.

"Where's the rest of your family?" I asked.

"Well my dad, sisters, uncle, and older brother all went to Osendale for my cousins babyshower." She said.

"What about you, your mom, and your brother?" Iyan asked.

"We have to stay for this immigration court thing tomorrow." She says. We nodded and chose a movie.

We went with a random romantic, comedy genre. The movie seemed pretty interesting but I didn't pay much attention since I was focus on eating my candy.

After the movie we turned off the tv and sat around Crystal's bed.

"Let's play a game." Crystal said.

"What are we? 14?" Iyan said.

"We don't have to make it kid like. Let's make it fun." Crystal said.

"Yeah, how about never have I ever." Diamond said.

"Nope, nuh uh I've seen the movie unfriended, I'm good." I say shaking my head.

"Do you actually think we'll lose our friendship over this?" Diamond laughed.

"I don't wanna risk it." I shrugged.

"Let's play it, I'm in." Iyan said and I look at her.

"What? Just don't say dumb stuff and we'll be alright." She said. They all looked at me with pleading eyes and I had no other choice but to join.

"Fine." I sigh.

"Great! Fingers up!" Crystal said. We all put up one of our hands.

"Who goes first?" Iyan asked.

"I will. Never have I ever had my first kiss." Diamond said.

"Really?" Iyan said.

"Starting it off easy."

Crystal and I put one of our fingers down.

"I really regretted it but whatever." I say and they laughed.

"Mine was with Toby from 7th grade." Crystal said in disgust.

"Ew." We said.

"I'm next. Never have I ever... Had sex." Iyan said. Diamond rolled her eyes and dropped one of her fingers.

"You all know that story." She said.

"Which one?" Iyan said making us laugh. Diamond mimicked us and rolled her eyes.

"Never have I ever had a crush on Keith." Crystal said as she looked at me.

"I hate you." I say as I put another finger down. I was shocked when Diamond did the same.

"You too?!" Iyan said.

"It was a instagram thing, I'm over it though." She said.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Crystal asked.

"It's wasn't that important." She shrugged.

"Okay then."

"Never have I ever slept naked." I say. They all put down a finger.

"How or why?" I say.

"I was hot." Iyan said.

"Same." Crystal said.

"I think you already know what my situation was." Diamond said and I nodded slowly.

"Never have I ever, wanted a piece of Darius." Iyan said.

"Seriously Iyan?" I say.

"Yes seriously, now put a finger down." She said.

"Never going to happen." I say.

"Just admit it Des, your liking him." She sung.

"You two won't be that bad together either." Crystal said.

"Nope, I'm not his type."

"But he's your type." Iyan said.

"You guys are pushing it, can we continue with the game?" I say.

"No because your not being honest." Iyan said.

"I'm not putting my finger down because it's not true." I rolled my eyes.

"Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that." She said.

"Ok let's just continue." Crystal said.

"You guys keep going, I need to use the restroom." Diamond said. I noticed her whole mood changed.

"We'll just wait you to finish." Crystal said.

"No it's fine, continue without me." She asked before the left the room.

"It's weird how she always does that." Iyan said.

"Does what?" Crystal asked.

"Gets down whenever we mention Des and Darius." Iyan said.

"That must be because she likes him." Crystal said.

"She does?" I asked.

"Yup. She never told me but I can sense it. Whenever he walks by she has her full attention on him and I even caught her once on his insta page." She said.

"Damn, so she like likes him?" Iyan said.

"Yup." She nodded.

"I sorta had a feeling she liked him." I say.

"I didn't see that coming." Iyan said.

Crystal walked back in with a smile on her face. We didn't question her but we continued playing and eventually switched up the game.

...

I opened my eyes frustrated that I couldn't sleep. I reached for my phone near my head and checked the time.

It was 1:45am.

My body felt painful from sleeping on the floor. I should've tooken the opportunity to sleep on her bed.

Since I didn't feel tired I decided to scroll through instagram. Although the content was dead, it can maybe make me fall asleep. My heart almost stopped when I received a message a while later.

It was Darius.

I waited a couple seconds before opening.

I smiled and locked my phone. The more I talk to Darius the more I feel different. It's like he opens something in me. I can't explain what it is cause I didn't know.

...

Monday

I so glad there was no school today. I got the chance to sleep in but I couldn't. A bunch of construction workers came to finish Justine's room.

At least now I know I don't have to share a room with her anymore.

So after waking up and eating breakfast I went straight to the shower. Since it was my wash day I washed my hair.

My hair wasn't all that long. It was about medium length reaching past bra strap length. When I was younger though, my hair never grew, it only stood 4 inches on my head. Until I started taking proper care of it. When I finished with my hair, I re straighten it as always.

My door knocked and I yelled for whoever to come in.

"Hey." My dad popped his head in.

"Hey dad." I smiled and walked over to my bed.

"Smells like fire in here." He chuckled as he sat beside me.

"That's from the iron." I laughed.

"Whats up though?" I say.

"Just doing a usual check with my daughters life. How's that going?" He said.

"Your your saying that like you were away in prison for 5 years." I say.

"You know I work more than I see you and Justine. I gotta make sure nothing wrong is going on." He said.

"Well dad things are okay."

"Just okay?" He cocked his brow.

"Besides getting involved in regular high school drama yup it's ok." I say.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked and I shook my head.

"It's over with." I say and he nodded.

"So when you were at your friends place the other day your sister's old friend came by." He said.

"Tim?"

"Mhm. Took some time to put my trust in him but over all he's a good guy." He said.

"He changed I guess." I say.

"He told me something I got confused about. What do you know about Kim?" He asked. I looked at him with semi wide eyes.

"And be honest, I'm not gonna get angry I just don't like it when you keep things from me or your mother." He said.

"I know was just-"

"Trying to protect us?" He said and I nodded.

"Baby girl you know thats my job to do." He put his arms around me.

"I was gonna let you guys know but... I didn't want you guys to go to the police or else we won't have the chance to bring her home." I say.

"Des, this is more dangerous for you than it is for her. Especially handling this alone."

"I know. Is that all he told you?" I asked.

"Is there more?" He asked. Tim must've just told him about the note and nothing else.

"No." I say. He looked at me for a brief moment.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes I'm sure. And if there is more we'll just have to wait and see." I say.

He smiled and kissed my temple.

"I'm going to the park with your sister, you coming along? The house is too loud."

"I want to but I promised Iyan I'll help her out with something."

He nodded and squeezed my shoulder.

"If you change your mind you know where to find us." He said before leaving.

I grabbed my things and headed to Iyan's place. She said her door was unlocked so I swung it open and found her lounging on her couch.

"Hey girl." She said.

"Hey, brought the air pods." I said as I brought them out.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She jumped on me and kissed my cheek.

"So is that why you wanted me over here?" I laughed as we sat down.

"Nope. There's something you should see." She said as she grabbed her phone.

"Please tell me it's a good thing." I sigh.

"It might be. But for me it was a surprise." She said. I noticed her face was serious and confused.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Hold on I'm just looking for it." She said slowly.

"Looking for what?" I asked.

"So last night I was scrolling through Facebook you know. I came across a someones account . Not just any account it was someone you know. Anywho he had a picture with someone else we sorta know." She said.

"Okay where is this going?" I said.

"Take a look." She handed me her phone. I grabbed it and observed what was on screen.

My eyes went wide and a small gasp escaped my mouth. No. Effing. Way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Tie By Saurony

General Fiction

7.3K 349 25
Life after marriage wasn't turning out how Monica expected it to be. With her dreams not panning out the way she hoped they would, she gets involved...
48.5K 2.2K 25
Jameson and Reece are on a mission, Madison and Kylen are alone, and life is miserable for all four. Yet they find comfort in those quick phone calls...
271K 14.4K 63
*BOOK 2 in the Gang Life series. * (EDITING BUT COMPLETE) "Please! Don't!" My victim begs. I stare into their eyes and almost laugh. "Why?" I ask...
28.2K 741 24
An average high school love story.