The Slut's Story (#wattys2019)

By Love1026

Shayla Dawson's the slut of the school. You know what that means, right? She sleeps around and even takes mon... More

THANK YOU!
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Epilogue

Chapter 8

3.2K 71 19
By Love1026

Oh WHAT THE HELL. I couldn't stop myself from posting this chapter. I like this chapter... kinda. So, here it is :)

~Chapter 8

I walked to school today. I've said before that I hated to take a car to school and the places I can walk to. Plus, it's California. I'd like to enjoy the weather while I can.

I used to walk to school with my sister. She'd always want to go on the bus since most of her friends were on her bus, but she walked with me because she kinda felt bad for me. I was left out in conversations most of the time. I might have been the older one, but my sister always had the spotlight, and I was happy for her.

I never liked to interact with people in the first place. That's one reason I'd like to be a botanist. I could "converse" with plants. At least they won't care if I make a ton of mistakes when talking to them.

My sister was popular in school since she loved soccer and she had a lot of friends. She was beautiful as well. Her hair was black like my dad's and her eyes were blue, just like mine. Because of her uncommon hair and eye color combination, she was noticed very quickly. She had an upturned nose like out mom and she had a clear face without any freckles. I hated freckles, but I learned to like them with time.

No one would have guessed we were sisters. She would try to give me the spotlight sometimes, but I'd just push her to go on without me.

As I was thinking about my sister, I felt my phone vibrate in the back of my pocket. I opened it to see who it was.

"Anna-Marie, why are you calling right now?" I chewed on a granola bar that I got from home.

"I heard from Officer Calahan that she told the school about Shayla's death." I think she was eating something.

"Oh." I didn't know what to say. What else could I have said?

"If they have an assembly, don't be surprised."

"Seems... fun. I'd want to see what people would have thought of me. I know that so many people hated me. Who knows what it's going to be like?"

"Well, have fun at your 'first' day of school." She emphasized the word "first".

"Thanks."

"Don't stress. Be yourself. I know you'll make some friends today."

We conversed a little longer until I came to school. I wiped my sweaty palms on my thighs. Nervousness isn't good for health.

I went straight to the office, where I know people can get their schedules. I felt many eyes on me, especially from the students in my grade. I think they were aware that I was a new student, and I might be in their classes.

I opened the door to the office and waited until the secretary came.

"Good morning. I'm a new student. I need my schedule." I said, giving her a smile. She smiled back and looked through the box of files. It felt good to have someone give you a real smile in a long time.

"Here you are, Mikayla Park."

"Thank you so much."

"Have a nice day."

I walked through the corridors while looking through my schedule. Math, Biology, English, History, Spanish, Physical Education, and Photography. It's sad that I don't get a period for study hall to do extra work.

Great. I start my day off with math each day.

I have to go to Room 140.

I'm glad that no one was in the corridors. It would make it seem that I am actually new.

I opened the door to the math room and peeked inside. The teacher stopped teaching and motioned me to come inside. I was fidgeting under everyone's gazes.

"I'm a new student." His eyes lit up in realization.

"Mikayla Park?" I internally cringed as he pronounced my name wrong. I still nodded my head though.

"It's actually pronounced 'Mee-kai-la'. Like me," I gestured to myself, "And then Kayla like a kayak."

"Sorry for pronouncing your name wrong. I am Mr. Garcia. I'll be your Calculus teacher for the rest of the year. Please take a seat by that young man right there. Clyde, please raise your hand."

I squinted my eyes shut. I don't know if he raised his hand at that moment, but my heart rate sure did raise.

Oh, God. Please show mercy. I can't die so soon.

I walked to my new seat and sat there, hooking the straps of my backpack to the back of the chair.

I looked through my bag to get a pen and my notebook. I got my notebook, but I just happened to forget my pencil pouch at home today.

I looked to the side, at Clyde.

"Do you have a pen I can borrow?" I asked him. He nodded and handed me a blue pen. "Thank you."

"Your welcome." I loved his accent. It is to die for. I tried so hard to not melt at that moment.

And so, I started writing. Of course, I didn't want to, but did I have a choice?

"Calculus is very easy, children. Let me tell you the history here." And started drawing. It looked like a "Draw My Life" kind of thing, but with math concepts.

"One fine day, Sir Isaac Newton was sitting under an apple tree, when he found out was calculus was. Just saying, we don't know if an apple actually fell on his head."

It would have been better if he sat under a coconut tree. Then, a coconut would have fallen on his head and no one would have to learn any of this bullshit.

"So clearly, Calculus is important. For example, if Usain Bolt was running in the Olympics, and we want to find out what his speed is at exactly one point, we have to use calculus. Yes, we could just draw a tangent at that point, but using calculus to find the slope would be much more accurate."

By the end of his "Draw My Life", math class was over. Now, I had Biology. With the same teacher, of course.

I packed my stuff and I was about to leave the class until someone called me back.

"Mikayla, you took my pen." He said. I started to rummage through my bag at that point. Okay. It might be a new bag with new books and stuff, but it was still really messy.

"Shit, I'm really sorry. I forgot about it." I handed him his pen, and he took it, his fingers brushing against mine. My heart skipped a beat. At that moment, our eyes met. And it was like that for what seemed like hours.

Goddamn it! I have a huge crush on him. I haven't felt like this since my second crush when I was in eighth grade.

"Good morning all students, please assemble in the large gymnasium for an announcement." I heard from the intercom.

My eyes roamed everywhere but him as I felt my face heating up. I tucked a couple of strands of hair behind my ear and I walked away into the crowd where everyone else was going.

Just like everyone else, I was in a line, and I sat down on the bleachers of the gym. I placed my bag on my lap and watched as the principal raised her hand to calm everyone down. One by one, the gymnasium was silent, except for a little bit of shuffling and the microphone being tested.

"Good morning everyone. I know that this is just the second period, but we have two very important things to share with you. One is good news and the other is bad news." The principal announced. From the side of the gym, I saw a police officer enter the room, specifically Officer Calahan.

I watched as her eyes scanned the crowd, and they stopped at me. Her lips quirked up into a small smile, as did mine.

"We have good news and bad news. I'll start off with the good news." She glanced back as two coaches held two large trophies. "This year, the Sparrows won the State Championship for Basketball. Not only the boy's team, but the girl's team as well!" Everyone around me cheered. Well, it was a big achievement because The Sparrows lost in the Finals for three years straight, and now, they won.

"Okay, okay. Settle down. Now, a police officer, Officer Calahan, will give us the bad news." The principal stood to the side of the podium, while Officer Calahan took the spot, leaning on her forearm and holding the small mic.

"It's probably gonna be something about drugs or alcohol again." A student from beside me whispered to a friend. I recognized him as one of the guys in the cheerleading team.

"Good morning everyone. You are all here assembled for one very important announcement. One of your peers, Shayla Dawson was in a fire accident a couple of days ago, and she passed away in the fire." There was only silence. "Please stand. Let us have a minute of silence for her."

Everyone stood, including me. I didn't want to stand. I never cared about Shayla. She was my nightmare, and I was glad she died. Now, I can live as Mikayla.

After a couple more announcements, we all walked back to our respective classrooms.

I have to go to Biology. And the others? I could care less.

~~~

"Remember how we used to prank each other?" I looked to the side to see my sister. She looked back into my eyes, her blue eyes boring into mine. She turned her whole body and lied on her side to look at me, removing her black locks that were in her face.

"Of course. How can I forget?" She smiled.

"My favorite one was the one that Mom and I made together on the day before your birthday."

"They were prank wars. You and Mom died my hair blonde, put plastic wrap on the toilet, and put baby powder in my hair dryer."

"Then you and Dad put my keys in a cup of water that was upside down on the table, dyed my hair black, and put blue food coloring on my toothbrush." We laughed, remembering all those fun times we had together.

"You were lucky it was spring break or else I would have actually killed you if I had school the next day." She laughed.

My smiled died and I sat up.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you that day. I'm sorry I wasn't able to save any of you guys that day."

"No, it's a good thing you didn't save us. You made a difference by killing Chris, preventing further damage to others. You're free, and that's all that matters."

I smiled and sighed in content. Now, I just have to live my life, then pay taxes, and die. That's all.

~~~~~

Yay! Three updates the same week! So Mika finally went to school and there was a Clayla moment! Di any of you guys catch that? From now on, there will be more. If you're already wheezing right now, you will actually die from all the fluffiness in the last chapter. The last chapter is fluffier than the muffins I love!

Well... Comments on grammar mistakes and other constructive criticism.

Shower thoughts are recommended. I mean, I love to read whatever comments you guys give. I want to laugh at your comments and I want you to laugh at the other comments. 

Random Fact: Did you know that babies can get scared of themselves. Man, they're like groundhogs on Groundhog's Day. 

Fact about me: I play the violin

Anyways, that's all for now, my fluffy muffins (you choose the flavor ;))

V O T E 

C O M M E N T

S H A R E 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 1.8K 26
(uH my first book that was written when I was 11 so it's really bad but read at your own risk I guess ! ) *************************** Ainsley White a...
1.4M 44.1K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
936K 25.4K 35
In most people eyes Samantha Brooks was as good as they came, she spent her nights studying and never bothered with boys. She never drank nor did dru...
207K 4K 33
Blair Wallis has always been the school slut and player. Everyone in Berkley High knows that. Aiden Andrews has pretty much non-existent throughout h...