fake smile // pete davidson

By rose_champagne

" i can't fake another smile i can't fake like i'm alright " in which a girl engages in an unlikely romance w... More

fake smile
main cast
01. real life
02. instagram + messages + real life
03. real life
04. real life + instagram
06. real life
07. twitter
discontinued

05. real life + messages

3.6K 73 19
By rose_champagne

"you're the sunflower
you're a sunflower."
-- "sunflower", post malone and swae lee

as pete and roman finsihed off yet another round of tic-tac-toe in the moving taxi, the small yellow vehicle struck a pothole, launching the three bodies (including the driver) into the air. a short burst of profanity escaped pete's lips as the notebook they were using fell off his lap. roman let out a squeak as she face-palmed into pete's lap, right where the notebook was a few seconds ago.

"i didn't know you were that desperate to suck my dick, princess," pete teased as roman quickly pushed herself off his thighs.

"what dick?" roman shot back.

"OOOOOH! she got you, bro!" the taxi driver said from the front, earning a "shut up" from pete and a high five from roman. he quickly grabbed roman's hand before she could pull away, putting a wet, sloppy kiss on it (much to pete's dismay). hiding her disgust, roman mumbled a "thank you", wiping her hand on the back of the seat infront of her.

pete gazed became fixed on the window beside him, not saying anything for the rest of the drive. he ignored roman's "are you okay's" and the taxi driver's apologies, focusing on the wonky outfits the pesestrians wore on the sidewalk beside them.

at last, they pulled up infront of the radio show's building, paying the driver and bolting into the 5 story shelter. after having asked the secretary for the location of the show, they walked into the elevator.

silence. what kind of elevator doesn't have elevator music?

breaking the silence, roman asked "what will make you happy, pete? i really didn't mean to hu--"

"you wanna make me happy?" he abruptly yelled, interrupting her speech.

"...yes."

and he kissed her.

-----------

"and that is how i ended up with a hickey on my neck. they didn't wanna stick around for the interview." roman laughed into the microphone, finishing off her interview. the host laughed along with her, and pete gave her a cute smile that nearly melted her heart.

"so, this entire time you been using non-binary pronouns and avoiding names. who you talking 'bout, shorty?" the female host said with a heavy accent. roman giggled and shook her head. "nope. not telling."

"c'mon babe," said the pushing interviewer. "who's the mystery man?"

"who said it was a man?" the singer snarkly commented. it was tiring to always correct people who assumed her sexuality. she had made it known that she was bisexual again and again and got a little tried of the assumptions.

"yeah, who said it wasn't the secretary or something." pete added, making his presence known even without a mic. they laughed. and oh my god pete's laugh was like heaven to roman. she could honest-to-god survive on his laugh alone.

"you've been banging my secretary, roman?" the host chuckled, amused at the stranger in front of her. if roman answered, the host didn't hear it. she was too focused on roman's tagalong. he had an awfully familiar look and she could've swore she saw him before. oh shit, was that pete davidson?

the interview ended and they went to commercial. losing her easygoing demenor, the radio show host turned to pete. "pete davidson? you're ariana's ex, right?"

pete's smiling face stayed on, though his eyes lost the sparkle that was in them moments ago. roman could feel his heartbreak and that feeling alone caused her heart to sink into her stomach. "yup. thank you, next, amiright?" pete joked, and the tension was released from the room. his eyes stayed cold, like the fire was put out from them.

"aye man, you ever heard of tom holland? he's roman's version of thank you, ne--"

"well, we've got to be going," roman interrupted. "it was nice meeting you!" she grabbed pete's hand and bolted. after jamming the buttons on the elevator, pete and roman sat in silence for the 2nd time that morning.

roman's fingernails drummed on the side of the elevator, making a ting ting ting sound echo throughout the small space. pete hummed a small tune that was deciphered by roman: loco by machine gun kelly. the humming and the tinging became a crude song in place of music, cutting through the silence.

pete cleared his throat. "spider-man, huh?"

roman shook her head. "same name, different guy. they look alike, though." that was all she said, too embarrassed for too many words. she could only imagine how hurt pete must be feeling. she thought he would know about tom already; the breakup was all over social media.

"how long ago?"

"a week or two."

"damn," pete chuckled. "you didn't even wait a month."

roman gulped, feeling annoyance build up in the pit of her stomach. however, the annoyance wasn't solely targeted at pete, it was also at herself. she promised herself she would wait before into another relationship. but how could he judge her when he did the same thing?

"you didn't wait that long with cazzie, did you?"

"yeah, and look where that got me." pete was no longer smiling. his jaw was tight and his eyes were dark with an emotion roman couldn't describe. then she saw the look. it was a look of anger and fear, like a fight or flight response. like a face of betrayal.

the elevator then opened and they stepped out, waving to the secretary as they left. sitting on a bench near the building, no words were exchanged between them. pete picked at the glitter on his shirt, ignoring roman. roman took out her makeup to fix her hickey. and they waited for their taxi.

and waited.

and waited.

"where the fuck is that taxi?" roman muttered, turning her head. her eyes watched her hand in the compact mirror she was holding. and concealer was carefully applied to the unseemly spot on her skin where pete marked his territory.

her partner stood, offering his hand out. the young woman took it, unsure of what he wanted. they left their spot and he dragged her around different blocks until they ended up at roman's apartment. she was impressed, to say the most. then she was nervous, wondering if pete memorized her address.

"i did," pete said, looking at her as if reading her thoughts. a smile was exchanged between them and they entered the apartment building. ignoring the flashing cameras outside, they made it to roman's apartment. they closed the door behind them and pete was on her in a second.

she forcefully shoved him off of her, fed up of acting like horny animals. "one, you have a ridiculous sex drive. two, why the fuck were you so upset about tom? you were just about to get married a few months ago!"

pete tried to open his mouth. "no!" roman interrupted. "i'm not done! three, i just broke up with what i thought was the love of my life. i need time to relax. four, my mental health is super unstable right now! i need time to focus on myself, okay?"

he bit his lip, trying to hold in his laughter.

"WHAT'S SO FUNNY?" roman uncharacteristically yelled, frailing her arms around in frustration. looking back, in pete's defense, she did look pretty hilarious right now.

pete cracked a shaky smile. "i understand."

"y--you do?" wow. okay. she wasn't used to this. she wasn't used to people actually caring. she wasn't used to people treating her like a human being, as opposed to a means of entertainment. it felt nice, being understood. like empathy.

pete nodded. he was right. roman was just like her. rushed into a relationship. not quite ready for commitment. it just lasted a lot shorter than he thought it would. he was used to this. this feeling of betrayal, like being dumped off a cliff. same thing happened with the girls before her. he should be desensitized by now. he shouldn't care. he should understand.

pete left the apartment, taking the clothes he borrowed with roman's permission. his feet shuffled, walking to a taxi he called. the flashes of paparazzi blinded his eyes, but he made it to the car nonetheless. the sound of the cars zomming around couldn't shake the nagging question in his head.

if he understood, why does it hurt so bad?

----------

yuki
https://enews.com/articles/roman-woods-spotted-with-pete-davidson-outside-radio-show

yuki
so

roman
so

yuki
when were u gonna tell me

roman
tell u what

yuki
dont play that innocent bullshit with me

yuki
r u dating or what

roman
what r u, my mom lmao

yuki
hes mentally unstable

roman
so am i

yuki
thats the problem

yuki
think it over pls

roman
think what over

yuki
you know

roman
if we're talking about the same thing,,,,already did

yuki
what?!?!  (read)

yuki
bitch dont leave me on read  (read)

yuki
im coming over tmw and u better spill the tea

roman
never say that again

yuki
k

(a/n: watch the story go downhill from here lmao ((no but really i hate this fucking chapter)) )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 21.9K 78
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
869K 53.4K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.2M 52.1K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
498K 14.3K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc