Taken

By SePtEmBeR_SaPpHiRe13

The human world isn't of any concern to Mallory anymore. High school dramas and Algebra tests are nothing com... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 18

79.7K 1.8K 142
By SePtEmBeR_SaPpHiRe13

Okay so, a few quick announcements. I was just playing around on this website a few days ago when I realized something... I have until the end of next month to finish the books I've entered into the Watty awards. 0.0 <---- see that face? It was what I looked like for like, the next five minutes after that. So, as you may or may not know, I have one other book entered titled Uniquely Hidden. Here's how I plan to update.

Okay, so i update Taken today, and on the 25 I update hidden. Then, Taken again on the 27. Do you see what I'm doing? It's just like im updating on every other day. Good news! I have the next two weeks off from school so i can REALLY focus on my writing.

ANYWHOSE! I think i've said enough soo..

ONITH WITHITH THE CHAPTER...ITH?

Chapter 18

*Mallory*

                “No! No, let me go! Kyle! Kyle, help!” I screamed out desperately, terrified of the person behind me who had a hold on my shoulder.

                “Mallory!” The fact that my capture sounded so familiar and knew my name slipped my mind in my panicked state.

                “Please, just leave me alone!” I screamed, a sob hitching my voice half way through.

                “Mallory, it’s just me!” the voice insisted, accomplishing in turning me around to face them. I know somewhere in my brain I registered the fact that I was staring at Lukes surprised face, but I was too far gone to pay attention. I struggled relentlessly against him, twisting this way and that in an attempt to free myself.

                I was past being stable, the terror I had felt when Kyle disappeared fueling my reaction to Lukes presence. It was as if a voice in my head was chanting “Danger, danger, danger!” No matter how hard the more reasonable side of my brain tried to calm me, the chant just seemed to take over.

                I was on survival mode, I guess you could say.

                “Mallory, just please calm down! You’re safe!” Luke cried out, but it just fell on deaf ears.  I was pretty much crazy by now, sobbing erratically and pounding against his chest with my fists.

                “Damn it, Damien’s going to kill me.” I heard him mutter as I felt his hands constrict around my upper arms.

                “Please, please look at me! I’m not going to hurt you!” he insisted, shaking me slightly. I let out another halfhearted scream.

                Suddenly, a loud growl surrounded us and we both froze, the only sound was the sobs that still ripped from me. Strangely enough, the growl comforted me instead of terrifying me. One second I was being held at arm’s length by Luke and the next, I was wrapped in the protecting arms of a growling Damien.

                He held me unbelievably close and I let him, clinging to his shirt for support. I heard him snarling at Luke over my, probably assuming Luke had been attempting to harm me; I was too far gone to try and tell him otherwise. I could slowly feel myself start to calm just in the presence of Damien.

                “What the hell is going on?” Damien snarled, placing a hand on the back of my head to keep my face pressed into his chest. I was breathing deeply, inhaling his scent as I attempted to regain my breathing. “Well?” he snapped, sounding even more impatient.

                “I… I don’t know,” Luke stuttered. I heard rustling and assumed it was Luke shifting nervously. “I didn’t mean to scare her.” he admitted quickly.  

                “Where’s Kyle?” another voice asked, making me jump slightly. Was that… Zack? I whimpered at the sudden voice, my brain still reeling from my encounter. Damien merely held me closer, comfortingly shushing in my ear.

                “Not sure, he wasn’t here when I showed up. She was calling out for his help though.” At the mention of Kyle, my mind did another weird jolt. I jerked away from Damien, and it was so unexpected that he was unable to keep me trapped to him.

                “Kyle,” I whispered, probably looking half crazy. My eyes were wide, flicking around as I took in my surroundings. Standing behind and next to Luke, looking at me with weary eyes, was Zack, Kane and an unfamiliar red headed male. I didn’t pay them much attention as I continued my frantic search for Kyle.

                “He… He’s gone! Kyle!” I called out, practically moving in circles.

                “Mallory, Mallory! Shh, it’s alright.” Damien said pulling me to a stop and making me face him. “What happened to Kyle?” he asked in a gentle and calm voice, probably worried about me going off again.

                I was acting like a true lunatic.

                I took some deep breaths, reaching up to gently rub my temples. “Uh… a noise… in the bushes.” I stuttered out. Damien’s eyes flickered up for a moment before looking back down to meet mine. “He… went to check, t… then he was gone.” I whispered, closing my eyes at the memory.

                Without another word, I felt Damien lift me into his arms and cradle me close; I didn’t resist. I think I had made it pretty obvious I wasn’t exactly stable.

                “Luke, take the others and go search for Kyle.” I heard them all give their murmur of agreement to Damiens orders, followed by the sounds of their retreating footsteps. With a sigh, Damien started in the opposite direction, lightly swaying me as he walked.

                “You seem to have an attraction for danger, little Mallory.” He said quietly a few minutes later, just as I was starting to relax fully. I hummed as my way of agreeing, too tired to talk. Giving out a quiet chuckle, I felt him brush his lips across my forehead.  “Go to sleep now, your safe.” He muttered in my ear without his steps faltering.

                And just like that, I was out like a light.

¨          

                I scowled at myself in the mirror, wondering how I was going to get Damien back for this one. I tugged at the hem of the very, very long t-shirt of his. Apparently, I hadn’t looked comfortable enough in the stretch pants and the tank top I had worn when I had my walk with Kyle. So, Damien somehow thought it necessary that he change me into a t-shirt; one of his t-shirts might I add.

                I was just thankful that I still had on my bra and panties when I woke up.

                Heaving a useless sigh, I decided to go hunt down the idiot instead of standing there, dreaming about strangling him. Pulling on a pair of my denim shorts, I looked at myself in the mirror again only to frown. His shirt was so long on me, that it looked like I wasn’t wearing pants.

                Twisting up the hem of the shirt, I bunched it up until you could visibly see that I was indeed wearing short. Then, I used the rubber band I always kept around my wrist to keep the bunched up material in place. After admiring my handiwork for a moment, I turned and marched deliberately to the door.

                I decided that, if the door was locked, I would kick and scream until I was released; however, it was unnecessary I soon found out when the door swung open easily. Grinning gratefully, I stepped outside. For once, guards weren’t placed at my door. This was something I was happy, but curious about.

                Since when did Damien not have guards for me? Oh my, I think it was starting to spoil me.

                Making a weird face but shaking my head at it, I continued sneakily down the halls. I was very conscious of every noise I made; I was in a house full of werewolves. I crept my way towards the stair case, pausing at the top to listen.

                I could hear the faint murmur of voices coming from downstairs. I knew they weren’t directly beneath the stairs because I would be able to hear them better, but close enough that I was able to tell they were arguing.

                Slowly and silently, I started down the stairs. I was dying to know what they were fighting for, but knew if they heard me, I would never be able to know.  I paused as I stepped off the last step, waiting for my weight to settle so the floor wouldn’t creak or anything.

                I started silently towards the voices, realizing quickly they were originating from Damiens office. I identified his voice, along with three others.

                “Be serious Damien! You can’t allow this!” I froze slightly at Lukes enraged voice. Whoa, allow what exactly?

                “I can, and I will. Sit, now!” Damien ordered. Just from his voice, I could tell he didn’t like the decision he was having the make.

                “There is no need for you in this meeting,” I heard… Kane, I think, sneer. I assumed he was addressing Luke.

                “Actually, considering the fact that he is now beta, he is mandatory.” Zack piped. I’m pretty sure if I was Kane, I’d be rolling my eyes.  I heard someone-most likely Kane- heave a sigh.

                “So, we have a deal?” Zack asked. I took another tiny step forwards; could this be the deal Damien was previously referring to?

                “It’s not nice to eavesdrop.” I let out a small squeal, spinning around quickly. Kyle stood smirking behind me, scrapped and bruised in some areas while a big, easily seen bump rested on the side of his head. I stared at him with wide eyes for a moment for moving.

                I slapped his chest.

                “Hey! What was that for?” he asked, jumping away.

                “Oh I don’t know, scaring me just now!” I snapped back, well aware that my cover was very much blown; darn you Kyle.

                He smiled. “Oops, sorry.” With a sigh, I shook my head. A moment later, I hit him again. “What in the hell?” He cried out, batting my hands away.

                “That was for leaving and getting yourself hurt out there!” I answered, shaking my finger disapprovingly at him. His face seemed to blank out for a moment before a sheepish smile spread across his face.

                “No more playing brave,” I warned him, narrowing my eyes. He smirked.

                “Who said I was playing?” I rolled my eyes just as Damien’s office door opened behind me. Ignoring them, I scanned my eyes of Kyle.

                “You’re okay, right?” I questioned, my eyes landing on the side of his head. Knowing exactly where my eyes had landed, he lifted his hand and gingerly touched the bump. He winced slightly, but shrugged it off.

                “Yeah, I’m okay. It hurts, but I’m fine.”

                “It should hurt,” Luke said, startling me slightly as he walked up to clap his brother on the shoulder. “It’s the reason we found you out cold on the forest floor.” I winced slightly at the image but pushed it away. Kyle sighed loudly, merely nodding.

                Damien wrapped his arms around me from the behind, resting his chin on my shoulder. “Alright guys, meetings over for today.” He said as he slowly started pulling be backwards, back into his office. They all nodded and that’s when I noticed the unfamiliar red head from the forest. He stared at me with shocking blue eyes for a moment before shaking his head and following Kane and Zack up the stairs. I wondered who he was and if he had anything to do with the ‘deal’ between Damien and Zack.

                It was then I remembered that I still didn’t know what the deal was. Damn you Kyle.

                Damn you Kyle, and your lump.

Lol, I had to add some humor there on the end. It felt to serious. SO...

LIKEY?

LOVEY?

HATE...Y?

PLEASE, PLEASE COMMENT AND GIVE YOUR OPINION!!

GOAL 300 VOTES, 100 COMMENTS.

WE STILL HAVENT HIT THE 100 COMMENT YET! :'( PWETTY PLEASE?!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25 8 8
Elise has a normal school life. Well, as normal a school life one can have being a child prodigy at a crazy fancy school. But then, things start goin...
13.6K 287 18
Sagelynn has always known that she's different. Why? Because she's been able to communicate with ghosts since she was 6 and view past lives since she...
300 43 129
Mallory is left devastated when her boyfriend, Matt, abruptly ends their relationship, but her life takes an unexpected turn when she meets Adam at h...
98 3 13
When all she knows is abuse, abandonment, heartache, pain, and fear can anyone make her feel safe again? What happens when her Knight in shinning arm...