Chapter 9

Sorry for the long wait, this stories been stumping me. :/ I've decided this story is going to be short, real short. I'll be lucky if I can squeeze ten more chapters out. *Sighs* anyways, enjoy while it lasts!

Chapter 9

Mallory’s POV

                Being the spastic, weird girl that I am, I let out a squeak and jerked out of the bed. I accomplished in landing face first on the hard floor. Letting out an agitated cry of pain-both from my face and ankle- I pushed myself up into a sitting position.

                Alright Mallory, just breathe deeply. You’re tired, that’s all it is; you did not hear a voice in your head! No, because that would be crazy… right? Hearing a faint chuckled, my head snapped around, trying to locate the source of the sound.

                ‘You have a very amusing mind,’ that same voice! I dropped back onto the bed and clutched my head into my hands. It couldn’t… it couldn’t be possible… could it? I mean mind reading really? It… it’s impossible! It just doesn’t exist. Who cares if the guy bit me; that shouldn’t mean he can read my mind! It was just preposterous. ‘Wow, big word.’ My eyes flew open, the voice echoing around in my head. Gah, this cannot be happening! How can I have this… this voice in my head! ‘At the concern of being called ‘the voice’, I’ll tell you that my name’s Tyler.’ The voice…er, ‘Tyler’ drawled.

                “I know your name.” I snapped out loud, feeling stupid. It’s freaking written across my neck, I mumbled in my mind. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I forced myself to calm. I always did have a tendency to over react. Okay, so there was someone in my head. But, considering what I had been through the past few days, it really wasn’t that huge. Granted, it pretty much meant no more privacy for me, but if I could handle werewolves, I think I could survive this.

                So, ‘Tyler’… I trailed off awkwardly. How do you start a conversation with a voice in your head? He chuckled.

                ‘You’re taking this very easily.’ He mused

                Did you not just hear that little pep talk I gave myself? I questioned, glaring at the floor.

                ‘Yes I did, and it was very amusing, but still…’ he trailed off with a sigh.

                I’ve got a question for you, I started.

                ‘Shoot,’

                Why did you bite me? I asked bluntly. I could almost feel his hesitation.

                ‘Ah, that; right, sorry about that.’ I blinked in confusing, wondering if I had heard him right. He was saying… sorry?

                Sorry… if you’re sorry, why did you bite me in the first place?! I asked incredulously. Males, really!