The Guardians of Narnia: The...

By StrongerThanILook

After having been gone for two and a half years Drisana is back and making a dramatic entrance as usual. She... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1 - Drisana's Return
Chapter 2 - Curing Stir Crazy
Chapter 4 - Voyage Preparations
Chapter 5 - The Voyage Begins
Chapter 6 - Sea Sick
Chapter 7 - Hospitality of Galma
Chapter 8 - Goodbye Galma
Chapter 9 - Surprise Visit
Chapter 10 - Slave Traders
Chapter 11 - Recovering
Chapter 12 - Coriakan's Island
Chapter 13 - Into the Storm
Chapter 14 - "The sea can play nasty tricks on the mind."
Chapter 15 - Dragon's Treasure
Chapter 16 - The Blue Star
Chapter 17 - Nerissa's Warning
Chapter 18 - Dark Island
Chapter 19 - A Guardian's Duty
Chapter 20 - Caspians's Choice
THANK YOU!!
New Original

Chapter 3- The Return Home

2.5K 78 14
By StrongerThanILook

A.N: How much do you guys love me? Lots i hope. I know it's like two months late but better late than never right? I apologize profusouly for the delay but with all the traveling and school I had no time to type it up or I just kept forgetting(*cough* no motivation *cough*). ANYWAY...Chapter three is here and I can't wait to hear what youguys think! Don't kill me but there is a slight twist. You already know of her...her name is Lady Ebony. Will she be a threat to Drisana and Caspians potential? or will she just be his friend like they agreed? I need votes on weather to make her a Edmund/OC or not or have her fall in love with another OC I create later on in the story!! Let me know what you think please!

And without further rambling....enjoy chapter 3!!!

********************************

Chapter 3- The Return Home

Day 4-5

“How are you holding up?” Caspian asks, looking up at Dris. They had been traveling since late morning and she hadn’t moved from Destrier’s back the entire time.

“My backside and my knees are killing me, my lord.” She groans, standing in the stirrups. Being in a saddle all say was not ideal but they were able to go at a pace that would get everybody home by dusk the next day.

“ I bet. I am sorry you had to be up there all day.” He says slowing the mare to a stop.

“Are we stopping here my Lord?” Gareth inquires, stopping alongside her. He looked as exhausted as she felt.

“Yes. Just basic camp. No need for all the tents.” Caspian informs him. Gareth nods before taking off down the line of soldier yelling the orders.

Caspian pulled Destrier over to  tree where he fastened the reigns to a low hanging branch. After getting the horse situated he turned to her and helped her down out of the saddle. She quickly became aware of his hands when they found their place on her hips to steady her as she swung her leg over the saddle.  She stumbled back into him, feeling off balanced after sitting all day. They stood there for a good minute or so as she rested against him, not caring about the looks they were getting.

“You alright there?” Her king asks with a slight chuckle, looking down at her.

“Yes. Just getting my land legs back.” She remarks before stepping away from him. The movement had been reluctant, she didn’t not want to bring any extra attention to them. In that position she had felt every muscle on his torso, she had felt safe and protected with his arms around her waist.

“Come on jelly legs, let’s get you taken care of.” He says grabbing her hand and gently tugging her to where Cora had already set up. Most of the wounded didn’t even need to be checked on but she was one of the exceptions. Her wound had nicked a few important things on the inside and Cora had to keep checking it to make sure the internal bleeding didn’t persist.

“This is healing nicely Drisana. You should be fully healed by the end of the month.” Cora tells her, cleaning the wound with a gentle hand. This time she didn’t bandage the stitched skin, wanting it to breathe and dry out.

“Thank you.” Drisana replies, lowering her tunic back down. “Caspian tells me you are the hand maiden of his new lady friend.” She remarks, secretly wanting more information.

“Yes. Lady has been under my care for as long as Caspian has been under yours.” Cora tells her smiling fondly.

“I’m glad Caspian made friends while I was away.” Dris smiles at the old lady before walking away from the camp. She didn’t go far beyond the edge of the settlement before walking along the perimeter. She just needed to clear her head of the fog that was swimming around. Thoughts of Lady Ebony and Caspian together kept running through her head and she loathed the jealous feelings that bubbled up inside her. Until Caspian knew of her true feelings she  felt she had no right to be jealous of Lady Ebony. More than that she was irritated…no mad that she hadn’t been back in two and a half years. She had missed him so much of his life and for once in her life she wished she hadn’t a made that choice all those years ago to be a guardian. Her life had been better in this world that in the last one. Aslan had saved her after she had died on a cold winter’s night. He had raised her and given her a family with the other guardians. Now she wanted to start her own family. She was over 3000 years old and in that time she had never loved, never wanted to start a family. Caspian gave her that longing. To be mortal, to be free from having to manage the world but most of all, to be disconnected from her sister. She just wanted to finally be free.

Despite the longing and the feelings she had for Caspian, she was too frightened to say anything to him. She did not want to lose the friendship if he did not feel the same. Nor did she wasn’t to be rejected. So she planned to wait for the right moment if that moment ever came. She could wait for him for as long as she needed.

Eventually she returned to camp after determining that nothing was out there. Exhaustion was taking over as she walked over to here Caspian had set up their stuff for the night. She was grateful that he had already laid out her bed for, for she was too tired to do it herself now. As she got closer, Caspian looked up from the book he was reading and smiled at her. She returned the smile half heartedly before plopping down beside him. She longed to roll over on her stomach and bury her face in the pillow Caspian had allowed her to borrow. It still smelled like him and she found that it helped her sleep.

“You a little tired there Lady Drisana?” Caspian mocked as she put her arm over her eyes to shield them from the light of the fire.

“That is an understatement my King.” She huffed. “Can you read to me?”

“I would love to.” He responded before flipping the page on his book as he began to read. Back before he was King they would take turns reading to the other every night. She missed the old days, when all they had to worry about was getting in trouble from Miraz. Their lives had been turned upside down with the birth of Caspian’s cousin. She only hoped things would settle down after a while.

Rustling around her told her that people were starting to gather around as Caspian continued to read. She smiled a little and rolled onto her good side, lucky she could face him. The night wore on and eventually Caspian let out a loud yawn causing Cora to usher everyone away so the King could sleep. She heard him close the book and place it back in his pack before settling down beside her. Her eyes stayed closed and she had to keep the smile from her lips as she felt him place his hand in hers before the darkness consumed her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The arrival home was much more inviting than Drisana was expecting. The people were gathered in the town and very excited to see that their king was home safe with the majority of his army. After a day of dealing with the hot sun, her overheated, sweaty body and Caspian’s annoying excitement she finally walked into the town she called home. The sun had already begun its descent in the sky and the warm colors added to the affectionate welcome home. At the sight of the castle gates, Caspian ran forward and embraced a woman who met him half way. He picked her up and spun her around earning a bout of laughter from her.

“That’s Lady Ebony. This is the usual greeting.” Gareth tells her, popping up out of nowhere causing her to jump slightly. He laughed and put a sweaty arm over her shoulder.

“Lady Ebony, I would like to introduce Lady Drisana. She saved my life once again at the end of the battle.” Caspian explains as her and Gareth reach the pair of royals.

“Glad to finally meet you. Caspian speaks highly of you.” Lady Ebony says, enveloping her in a hug. She winced from the force of the hug but returned the gesture with a smile.

“Pleasure to meet you as well, I have heard nothing but good things about you.” Drisana replied looking between her King and his newest friend.  She was absolutely beautiful. Seeing her in person made it easy why Caspian had been attracted to her. Not only was she gorgeous but her aura glowed with warmth and kindness.

“Aw…Cas, you were bragging about me? You’re so sweet.” Ebony gushed, pinching his cheek. In response his cheeks turned crimson as he swatted her hand away from his face. Drisana laughed at the King’s embarrassment only causing his blush to deepen.

“Come on, let’s get you to the healers.” Caspian mutters, snaking his arm around her waist to support her weaker side. They got to the infirmiry eventually where her stitches were cleaned and she was told to stay put for the next day and a half. She grumbled about it but one stern glare from Caspian told her to sit tight. Lady Ebony was kind enough to sit with her until dinner arrived with Caspian. She barely made it through dinner before passing out, leaving the King and his friend to talk while she slept.

“You have that look in your eyes.” Ebony spoke after a few minutes of silence. Caspian was looking at Drisana with a looking his eyes that she had only seen in her younger years.

“What look?”

“The look my father used to give my mother.” She told him. He didn’t know what to say so he just went back to staring at her sleeping form. She watched him for another minute or two with a fond smile. There had been a time when she had hoped that the King would look at her in such a way but she had given up on that dream. “Do you love her?”

“I cannot say. She means more to me than I can comprehend, yet I am not sure I am ready to admit what it is I truly feel.” Caspian didn’t look away from the guardian as he spoke.

“You will in time, my friend.” Ebony stood from her spot and placed a lingering kiss on the King’s head. “It’s late. I am going to get some sleep.”

“Goodnight milady.” Caspian as she left, not even turning to watch her leave as he used to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 99 12
While trying to find the 7 lost Lords and save Narnia from evil with the help of King Edmund and Queen Lucy, Caspian didn't expect to fall in love al...
56.5K 1K 20
Edmund and Arabella are back in Narnia, happy to be reunited there. Things turn really quickly, as a green mist threatens all they know and love, br...
307K 6.9K 28
1300 years ago, the marvelous and former glory of Narnia was tarnished. The castle of Cair Paravel, sieged by Telmarines, stood in flames as the army...
62.3K 1.7K 28
"What's is your name?" the man asked, holding a towel in her direction. She ignored the object, turning in a circle as she gaped around her. "Robin,"...