Did Somebody Say Kidnapped? *...

By SammyD123

[Attention: Will probably not continue this story.] Josh Hilton is happy with his girllfriend. His little bro... More

~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~

~Chapter 2~

344 3 0
By SammyD123

**Okay,I know it's a littlebit short, and so was the last one. I'll try to make it longer next time. It'll really start to pick up in chapter five, maybe even four! Please comment, also. And thank you for reading. =]**

Chandler's POV

Skating back home alone, with Tyler's science book tucked under my arm, I thought about the upcoming "Welcome Back To School" dance. I hadn't asked anyone yet, and there was no way I was going by myself. I'd go with my friends, but they all had dates already. Why did I wait so long? I wondered.

Not going wasn't an option, either, because Josh would make me go. Plus, I wanted to go, just not alone. So the real problem is, with who?

I arrived at my white, two-story Tudor, hopped off my skateboard, and walked inside.

"Chandler? Is that you?" my mom asked.

"Yup. I'm going to go study," I told her.

"'Kay." I dropped my skateboard by the front door and ran up the stairs.

I jumped onto my water bed, waiting for it to stop jiggling. I cracked open Tyler's textbook, grabbed my homework off my side table, and started defining my vocabulary words.

Hydrotropism: One of the three geotropisms, which makes plant roots grow toward water.

I flipped around in the glossary, finding definitions for my other words. After a while, though, I stopped. I couldn't help wondering who the people who had moved in next to Stacey's were. I wonder if they had kids....

"Chandler!" my mom yelled from downstairs. Sighing, I slid off my bed and stuck my head out the doorway.

"Yeah, Mom?"

"Your brother's on the phone!" Josh? I wondered. Why would he be calling? I rushed down the stairs and grabbed the home phone from my mom.

"Whats up, Josh?" I said into the phone.

"Hey, bro. You got a date for the dance yet?" Ugh, him too? Come on!

I sighed and said, "No, Josh. You know that."

"Right. Well, now you do."

"What?"

"I. Got. You. A. Date," he said slowly.

"How? And who?" I asked. I heard him chuckle.

"No way am I telling you! It'll be a surprise, 'Kay man? You could thank me later."

"Thank you? Josh, you know I don't do blind dates."

"You do now," he said, and hung up. Crap, Josh! I felt like slapping him, but he wasn't here, so I resorted to slamming the phone down.

Well, I did need a date. But I didn't want it to be some random person! I sighed again and trudged upstairs.

"Honey? Is something wrong? Is Josh okay?"

"Yeah, mom. Josh is just fine." I rolled my eyes and continued up the stairs. Yeah, he is, but I'm not.

I jumped back onto my bed and finished my homework, thinking about my mystery date. I guess I'll meet her tomorrow. There's no way I'm waiting until the dance.

Sam's POV

Okay, so now I guess I have a date for the dance. I wasn't even completely planning on going. But, I guess I can't back out now.

Stacey had just been over to tell me she had found me a date. Instantly, I thought of that boy I'd seen from the window. But there was no way that could be. A guy like him would've had a date the day they announced the dance, not a few days before it was going to happen.

Hhmm, I can't wait to meet him. I don't do blind dates, because I think it's stupid. Your friends might think you two are perfect, when you're complete opposites or something. But maybe, just this one time, it would be all right. You know, a good way to start the year. If I end up liking him, he could teach me things about the school.

I guess I'm nervous about my first day of school tomorrow. I know it's probably going to be a little weird, since it's already been a week for everyone else. I hope I'll make friends fast, even though I know it never happens with me. Oh, well. I'll try my best to be friendly but...we'll see. I'm always too quiet.

"Samantha! Dinner!" my dad called. Yum, spaghetti and meatballs! I raced down the stairs and sat down in a chair at our table. We talked pretty much in silence, until my mom broke it.

"So, you know there's a dance at your school, right?" she asked. I nodded. My mom twirled some spaghetti onto her fork, stuck it in her mouth, chewed, and swallowed.

"Are you going?"

"Um, yeah." I guess I surprised her. Did I mention I'm also not a dance or party person?

"Really?" My dad looked a little shocked too. Megan and Monica, my two twin, six-year-old sisters started smiling.

"Do you have a date?" Megan giggled.

"Yeah, do you?" Monica urged me. I rolled my eyes.

"Actually, I do." Another round of shocked and surprised looks from my parents.

"You do?" they asked at the same time. I just nodded, finishing off my spaghetti.

"Well, when will we meet him?" my dad asked, looking at me in that way that said If-I-don't-like-him-you're-not-going.

"Yes, when?" my mom repeated.

"After I meet him," I muttered. I finished off my coke at pushed back from the table.

"Can I be excused?" They nodded, exchanging curious glances. Whatever, I thought, expecting one of them to come and "talk" to me later. My mom and dad must've gotten their parenting skills from those cliché movies. I'm not saying it's bad. It's just what it is. Like, by "talk", I mean that whole bedroom scene where the kid is in their room, listening to music or whatever in bed, and the parent comes in and sits on the end of the bed. They ask what's wrong, the kid tells them everything, the kid usually cries, and then there's the comforting hug and "I love you".

I don't really mind, though. It's better when your parents are predictable. And I'm not saying they occasionally aren't, like that time I kicked a whole in the wall and I was pretty sure I was going to get yelled at, but they just started laughing hysterically. Yeah, that was weird. I still don't get why. I wasn't even punished, really. I just had to read this booklet that taught me how to cover up wall holes and buy the supplies. I didn't even fix it, Dad did, so I'm not exactly sure why I needed to read the booklet in the first place. Maybe because it was really big and boring? Either way, it wasn't that bad.

I decided to crash. Even though it was only nine o'clock, I had to wake up at seven forty AM the next morning, and besides, I was kind of tired.

I changed into pajamas, an old shirt and a pair of old soccer shorts, and climbed into bed. I clicked off the light, threw the covers onto of me, and closed my eyes.

I was asleep in less than five minutes.

Chandler's POV

I just ate dinner. Mom ordered pizza. Josh got home in the middle of it. Luckily, Mom had saved him some.

Even though it's early, I felt pretty tired. I don't really know why. I told my mom I was going to bed. She looked at me kind of funny, since I usually argue with her to stay up later.

"What's wrong? Are you sick?" she wondered. She's so protective.

"Everything's fine, Mom."

"So, why?" She looked at me, expectantly.

"I dunno, puberty?" I turned around and headed back upstairs. I heard her chuckling. I have no idea where that came from, but okay.

I didn't feel like changing into my pajamas, so I just took off my jeans and hopped into bed. My shirt wasn't so bad, so I decided to leave it. But my pants had gotten grass stains on it from my wrestling match with Tyler on the way home today.

And before you think its all gross that I haven't taken a shower, I take them in the mornings.

I wonder who she is, I thought, as I closed my eyes. I think that was the last think I thought before I fell asleep.

*Okay. =] Tell me how you like it, or don't like it! (No need to be mean, though). I'm working on this other story (which isn't on wattpad), so if this seems a little crummy, it's probably because I'm focusing more on the other one. =] Just so you know. **

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.2K 1.4K 28
Riley Daniels isn't your normal girl but no one remember the normal girls that blend into the background. For starters her two best-friends are her t...
8.6K 186 37
⚠️ DISCLAIMER: I wrote this 3 years ago, so it's really bad :P.. ⚠️ Samantha Rose Griffin. She's the new girl in the city of Memphis, Tennessee. As...
126K 1.4K 18
Hailey moves to a new high school that her twin brother goes to. He has some friends... that she might mess around with...
2M 29.6K 194
A new girl on team 10 what could go wrong....everything