๐„๐—'๐’ | ๐…๐š๐ง ๐‚๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ ๐‚...

By jaerinnyy-

They were a cute high school couple, some might say the power couple of the century. Their relationship didn'... More

1.| First Impression
2.| Flirting
3.| Our First Date
4.| Official
5.| As Time Went By
6.| Here We Are
7.| The Next 8 Months
8.| The Dance
9.| The Kiss
10.| BingBing-Jie and Bread
11.| Dinner
12.| Time With Him
13.| His Liking
14.| Broken Trust
15.| Hello Nature
16.| Midnight Talk
17.| Lost
18.| Finding Her
19.| I Win
20.| Behold The Truth
21.| Healing
โ™กHBDโ™ก
22.| Friends?
23.| Goodbye Nature
24.| Back Home
25.| Regrets
26.| Here For You
27.| A Sign Of The Future
28.| Friends Only
29.| Watching Her From Afar
30.| 3 Points
31.| A Night At His House
32.| Misunderstanding
33.| "A Love So Beautiful"
ALBUM!!
ALBUM PT2!!
34.| That Awkward Air
35.| For My Best Friend Only
36.| Favour
37.| Wedding Disaster
38.| Distant
39.| The End Of Us?
40.| Never Forgotten
41.| Welcome Back?
42.| Naive
43.| Unhappiness
44.| Let Me Find Someone Else For You
45.| She's Jealous
46.| Suddenly Secret
47.| Tension
48.| He's Here To Stay
50.| I Want Answers
51.| Another Heartbreaker
52.| Better To Be Honest
53.| Short Amount Of Time
54.| It's Been A While
55.| Following Me, I See
56.| Comfortable Again.
A Letter To NINE PERCENT and NINE's.
57.| 2 Choices
58.| Anything For You
59.| My First Love Is My Forever

49.| Resign

564 32 10
By jaerinnyy-

Your POV

"Zhen Yuejia. Can you please come to my office?" 

I closed my eyes shut tightly before standing up and heading to ChengCheng's office, which happens to be right behind my own desk.

I walked into his office and forced a smile. "Yes, Mr. Fan? What can I help you with?"

He stops twiddling the pen in his hand and looks at me. "Do you have the papers to the project and land I have requested?"

"Yes. I shall print them out and hand them to you right away." I say. As I was about to leave. He requests, "Could you also grab me a cup of coffee too?"

"Definitely."

I headed into the coffee room and saw Yibin standing there with a smile. "What?" I barked.

He smiles and shrugs. "Nothing. Really."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Your such a bad liar."

"It's nothing really. I just find it funny how your former ex is also now your boss...ish."

"Yeah? Well. It's not my favourite topic either. But what can I do? As long as I am getting paid. I am happy."

"If you say so," Yibin says before taking another sip from his cup. I headed back to ChengCheng's office and placed down the coffee in front of him.

I didn't bother to say anything before leaving. 

By the time lunch came around. I came and checked in of Yangyang, to see if he wanted to go out, or wanted me to buy him something to eat.

I knocked on his office door and opened it after.

"Yangyang?"

"Hm?"

"It's lunchtime. Do you want me to grab you something to eat?"

"Yes, please. Sorry that I can't go out with you today. It's jus-"

"Lots of paperwork?" I cut him off. His eyes soften and nods. 

"Yes. So much paperwork."

I walked over to his side and kiss him on his cheek. "I will return after I'm done eating. Okay?"

"Okay."

I headed out and grabbed some food. Sat by myself for a short moment, before a familiar face sat down in front of me. Though I remember the face, I can't quite remember what their name was.

"Can I help you?"

"You don't remember me?"

I smiled in a confused manner. "Hmmm. Not enough to remember your name. Sorry."

"I'm Fan ChengCheng's girlfriend!"

Then everything came back to me.

"Ohh. It's you. The girl was can't read Chinese." I smirked. 

It's funny because I still don't remember what her name is. The face is very clear in my head now. I'm sure she's here to talk about ChengCheng because I'm 100% sure, she isn't interested in being besties with me.

"You-"

"Cut to the chase, please. I have to get back to work soon."

She frowns as glares at me. While I sat there and eat my lunch, like any other normal person. 

"Where is Adam?"

Okay. Switching to English now I see.

"Adam is your boyfriend. Why should I know."

I answer back in the best way I could with my somewhat okay English.

"I'm sure you know where he is! I haven't been able to contact him for the past 2 days."

I sighed before wiping my mouth with a napkin and looking her directly in the eye.

"He is currently working at my company." I switched back to Chinese. 

Her eyes widened, while as for me. I got up from my seat and headed to the front to pay and grab Yangyang lunch too.

"Zhen Yuejia!" She calls. 

I twist my body to face her again. "What is it? I really need to head back to work."

"Show me where he works."

I rolled my eyes at her before motioning her to follow me. She didn't walk beside me, but behind me instead. I could care less upon what she's plotting against me or that maybe she's cursing with all her might. I just want her to know that I should be the last person who she should be going to about ChengCheng next time.

We entered the lobby and the security was about to stop the girl who I still can't remember, when I stepped back and said, "She's with me. Don't worry."

I led her to his office, opened the door and smiled. "Go ahead. If you need anything. Just call me."

She then rolled her eyes at me and headed in, where I noticed how ChengCheng didn't look too happy to see her face. And just as I was about to close the door, ChengCheng stopped and called my name.

"Yuejia. Please stay."

What the fuck? Why the hell does he want me to stay? For what too?

I poked my head back in and smiled. "I'm sorry Mr. Fan, but I need to give do something important." Then immediately closed the door, grabbing YangYang's lunch and headed to his office.

As I was about to knock, I heard him talking to someone.

"Listen to me. I will try my best to see you tonight. I can't promise anything. But I will try. Just don't be mad. I miss you okay."

I got a bad feeling in my stomach. So I told someone else to give his lunch instead. I didn't want to knock and make things feel awkward. I'll just pretend I didn't hear it and ask him about it later... which reminds me that I haven't asked about him and his ex-fiancé either... which seemed like forever ago. Ugh... things are just piling up.

"Hey, Lin Yanjun," I called softly. He looks up from his computer and smiles. "What's up?"

"Can you fill in for my remaining hours. I'm not feeling so good." 

"Yeah, just give me the remaining of your paperwork... but this doesn't seem like you. You never leave early, no matter how tired you are." I smiled tiredly before attempting to argue with him. 

"No. I have left sometimes." I say as I handed Yanjun the remaining papers. He took them from my hands and scoffed. 

"Pft. Liar. Remember that one time where you stayed the whole night, and when Yibin and I came in, you looked like you haven't slept in years, yet you still stayed until your shift was over."

"That was like one time!" 

"Nono! Yorong has told me that you had a cold and you still came in."

"Ugh... your like the dad I never had." I groaned before swinging my purse over my shoulder. 

Yanjun just started at before rolling his eyes. "You should be lucky that I'm here to watch over you."

"Watch me from doing what? Huh? I sit in this chair for almost 8 hours and your also right across from me. So..."

"I'm making sure that your former friend that is now our boss isn't messing around with you."

"Well, you've done a pretty shitty job with it, because I'm sure he's just trying to piss me off and doing this for his own thrill," I answer back emotionless before saying goodbye. 

"Zhen Yuejia, we have an unexpected meeting. Everyone come to the conference room now." YangYang sudden barges out of his office. Yanjun stared at me while I walked back and placed my stuff down.

"I guess you can't go home..." Yanjun comments. I smiled bitterly and agreed with him. 

"Nope... I guess not."

Everyone sat down and waited for our CEO, YangYang to say something. 

"So, recently-" YangYang starts. "I have decided to resign. Due to family reasons." 

My heart instantly dropped. 

H-He has never talked about this to me! What family matters!!

"Yes. And because of that. I have decided to appoint Yuejia to replace YangYang."

Everyone then clapped... While I just stared at YangYang. He didn't have the guts to look at me... how am I suppose to think now.?

-

-

-

-

-

Hello Jennings!!!!

Happy belated birthday to our only Fan ChengCheng!!<3

He's 19 now<3

Thank you for reading!!

VOTE/COMMENT!!

-Jae<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 1.4K 40
"Hello everyone! I'm a trainee from Asia Music Group, AMG, Liu Yuxin." "Hello mentors, hello everyone! I am Mihn Y/N from Tiger Eye Entertainment." T...
65.8K 3.4K 50
โ did you get mysterious messages? โž โ” a faulty glitch has brought you to meet 9 familiar boys + lowercase intended + book cover made by @veunxu ! โœง...
96.8K 4.8K 47
โ i wish that time could stop forever at this moment. the story between us and you will never end. โž + this ain't math nor unknown variables + lowerc...
29.5K 686 41
- by mell joyce ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ | ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค โถ ๆˆ‘ไปŽๆœชๅœๆญข็ˆฑไฝ : lu yue and luo mei have known each other and were basically inseparable since primary school. soon in high...