The Alpha King's Mate

By Bookdragon2022

"Y-your H-highness? I-i'm sorry b-but t-there m-must b-be a-a m-mistake..." A loud growl sounded through the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Im Sorry!!
Chapter 25
😬
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Internet Sucks!!
Chapter 28
I need your help πŸ‘orπŸ‘Ž

Chapter 24

477K 13.4K 3.9K
By Bookdragon2022

The reception went really well! Everyone enjoyed all eight courses and the dessert bar we had set up. Lucas and I ate at the head table with his family, Adaline because she has always been my mother figure, and Dom and Jorgie.

I introduced Lucas to Justin. Lets just say that didn't go over to well...

"Lucas this is Justin, Aella's mate! Justin was my only real friend at my old pack. He helped protect me from Jordan and helped me with chores when he could. Without him I don't think I would still be here."

Now I think everything would have been okay if I didn't do what I did next.

I hugged him.

Yup.

I full on hugged him.

Now some would find this as a friendly gesture and would see it as a harmless thing between friends.

Not Lucas.

Nope. 

Definitely not what he saw.

Lucas saw a threat in Justin and I's hug.

As soon as Justin wrapped his arms around me I was forcefully pulled away and wrapped in Lucas arms. His entire body screamed anger as he was visibly shaking. I tilted my head up and caught sight of Lucas' eyes swirling with black. His arms tightened around me, rooting me in place.

"Lucas. Hey look at me. Lucas, look at me."

The second his eyes locked on mine the darkness clouding them cleared away. His body visibly relaxed and his hold on me loosed ever so slightly.

"Mine."

"Yes Lucas. Yours."

Lucas buries his head into my neck and places a kiss onto my mark, causing a shiver of pleasure to shoot down my spine.

I look back to Justin with a small smile on my face. He had Aella in his arms the same way Lucas had me.  Aella had a peaceful look on her face and a large grin was adorning on Justin's.

"Justin. Aella. I'm sorry for this. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings Aella for hugging Justin. He's always been like my big brother. I meant nothing by it. Justin, it was good to see you but Lucas and I need to go meet a few more pack members. Enjoy the rest of your night."

"Nice to meet you Justin. I apologize for my behavior. Just don't touch my mate again. Understood?"

"Yes Alpha."

"Good."

Aella and Justin went back to their table as Lucas and I just stood in place. 

"You didn't have to worry Lucas."

"How could I not? Yes I maybe got a little jealous but I can't help it. You in another males arms angered not just me, but Soren too. Forgive me?"

"Your always forgiven."

"Good."

Lucas and I walked around, making small conversation with different pack members. Everyone was so cheerful that it was near impossible to keep a ridiculous smile off my face.

Lucas stood next to me with his arm around my waist or stood behind me with his head nestled into my neck as I conversed.

"Would the Alpha King and Luna Queen please make their way to the dance floor for their first dance as King and Queen?"

My eyes pop open to large disks.

"I didn't plan this."

Lucas just chuckles as he leads me to the center of the floor.

"I did baby girl. It's tradition. Besides can you blame me for wanting to dance with my beautiful mate?"

I probably turned the color of my dress as a dopey smile blossomed across my lips.

Once Lucas and I were in the center of the floor, Lucas positioned us for a waltz.

"I don't know how to do this." I whispered to Lucas.

"Just follow my lead sweetheart."

I nod my head and a slow but beautiful song plays through the room. Lucas does as he said, and leads me in the dance over the entire floor.

He spun us around the room in large spins and to say I wasn't having fun would be a complete lie.

Lucas and I laughed as we spun around, with matching smiles plastered onto our faces.

As soon as it started, I felt like the dance was over. I couldn't help the slight pout that formed on my lips.

Lucas looked at me and laughed. 

Like really laughed.

He leaned down and placed a soft yet demanding kiss upon my lips. I responded immediately and he smiled against my lips.

Pulling away I couldn't help but laugh.

"We can dance as much as you want princess."

"Good!"

I stood on my tippy toes and placed a quick kiss on Lucas cheek.

We danced a few more songs till my feet started to hurt and I had grown slightly tired.

"Do you want to call it a night and head back to the house?"

"Can we?"

"Of course. We can do whatever we want."

Lucas sent me a wink as he wrapped his arm around my waist and lead me to the ballroom doors.

We walked out the palace doors and in the driveway awaited my dream car.  

A blue and black 1980 Jeep CJ-5.  

"Happy Coronation Day baby girl. Do you like it?"

Lucas rubbed the back f his neck, a sign that he was nervous.

Aww the big bad Alpha King was nervous.

"Like it? I love it! How did you know this was my dream car?"

"I may or may not have asked your mom, I mean Adaline, your favorite car. This is what she told me. Said you would dream of escaping Rapid River in this car and you would take her with you."

"Lucas... Thank you! I didn't know we were supposed to get each other gifts though. I didn't get you anything."

"A kiss should do the trick."

So that's exactly what I do. 

"You gonna drive us to the house?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Language."

"Sorry. Wait you curse all the time when your working! Why can't I?"

"Because those filthy words shouldn't come out of your innocent mouth. I won't allow it."

Like the child I am, I stick my tongue out at him.

Lucas laughs as he leads me to my new baby.

"You know how to drive right?"

The anxious look in his eyes makes me laugh as he hands me the keys.

"Adaline taught me. When Jordan found out he made me drive to get groceries and do other errands."

I start the car and the engine purrs to life. The quiet hum causes a larger then life smile to appear on my face. I pull out of the driveway and before I know it, I'm pulling into the garage.

I turn the car off and Lucas jumps out of the car and opens my door before I pulled the keys out of the ignition. 

"What a gentleman."

"Of course. What kind of mate would I be if I didn't open the door for you?"

   Lucas leads me to our room where a feeling I've been suppressing surfaces. 

Come on Audrey! We both know you want to complete the mating process! Now is the perfect time too!

Shut up Kenna!

Just talk to him about it!

Fine dumb wolf.

Good stupid human.

"Lucas?"

"Yes baby girl?"

"I'm ready."

"For what?" 

"I want to complete the bond. I'm tired of waiting."

"Like right now?"

How dumb can he be?

Shut up Kenna!

All I'm saying is that instead of being a normal guy hes standing there asking questions!

"I mean it doesn't have to be right now, but soon. Unless of course you don't want to..."

Lucas dashes in front of me and holds my face in his hands. 

"Of course I want too. Baby, I just want to make sure your okay with this. We can wait. It's okay."

I place a kiss on Lucas lips, showing him how frustrated, scared, and how much I love him.

"Are you sure baby girl?"

"I'm sure.

Welp. Here is another chapter. Not my greatest work but I'm using it as a filler chapter. I'm sorry it's late. Comment and Vote if you enjoyed! See you in the next chapter!

Love,

Bookdragon2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

759K 17.6K 47
Mia is a sassy girl and a werewolf with an honest heart and, she lives with her father and her older brother, her father is the beta of her pack, Sil...
80.8K 2K 24
"You're not a luna. You're a rogue. Your word means nothing." Maddie says. "Alpha Kairo, I hear you don't have a luna yet. If you ever need a backup...
947K 29.4K 29
He startled me when his hands gripped my hips pulling me into his body, my hands resting on his warm chest. I looked up to find him staring at me, bu...
2.3M 66.6K 51
Amelia Davis is 20 and she's apart of the Moonlight pack. She has already shifted and she hasn't found her mate yet. This doesn't worry her because s...