Princess Charming

By repswiftly

Isabelle Quinn. A girl who treasures her education and aims high, unlike all those other girls in her school... More

Princess Charming
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Chapter 34-
-Chapter 35-
-Chapter 36-
-Chapter 37-
-EPILOGUE-
E N C H A N T E D

-Chapter 31-

42K 941 94
By repswiftly

So you all have been so kindly patient and here is the chapter you have waited for, read on :)

___________________________________________________________

-Isabelle Blake-

I nervously bit my finger nails while Nathan restlessly paced in our room. Thomas is dead? I just can’t believe that and I refuse to believe that. I cannot say he was a close friend but now I realise how much we talked and laughed and we both adored Oreos. Nathan told everyone of the incident. How the car got stopped and attacked, how Thomas tried to protect Nathan and ended up getting stabbed. Nathan was fine but Nathan watched him die. Just like he saw his father die. Watching people die in front of you must be traumatising, and still to this say I can’t believe I watched Mr. Blake pass away. Nathan had called Thomas’s family back in London who would be giving him a small funeral. They must have been devastated. The thing that still confuses me is that it was on the way to his Uncle’s house and how he happened to have turned up at the moment Thomas died.

I choked on a sob and wiped away the tears falling down my red cheeks. I hadn’t realised Nathan had stopped pacing and put an arm around me. I put my head on his shoulder, his head leaning on mine and his soft tousled hair tickled my forehead.

“He’s dead?” I ask through a small sniff. Then he wraps both his arms around me, pressing me close to his body so I put my hand onto his chest, feeling his beating heart.

“He’s dead.” He breathes and I feel myself go weak. “And,” Nathan goes on, using his index finger to lift my chin up so our eyes met. “he told me to tell you to take care of Oreos.”

Now that’s killed me. Thomas had been working for the Blake’s for years, he’d been injured before but now he dead. I have no idea how Nathan must be feeling but he looked dreadful, his eyes were red and blood shot, his hair messy and he looked so miserable. Now he seemed a bit more controlled but still troubled, and I was so happy that I’d tell my parents the truth but how could I now? I wanted Nathan to be with me when I did but now was not the time.

We heard a knock and our heads snapped up, yet we stayed in each others embrace and I didn’t want him to let go. Caroline appeared at the door and shut it behind her, her face was gloomy and she looked terrible too.

“Hi guys,” she whispered and joined me. Nathan let go and stood up, one hand in his pocket and the other scratching his scalp, but he looked a okay now. “Can you believe he’s gone?” Caroline says and I look at her, shaking my head. There’s yelping at the door and sounds of paws hitting it. Nathan opens it and Oreo rushes in, reminding me of Thomas more.

“Well he’s gone to a better place,” Nathan says, almost coolly like Thomas’s death wasn’t a complete shock. His dad died but he was expecting it, yet he seems to have dealt with Thomas passing away. “Let’s just leave it at that.”

He didn’t say it harshly but I can’t believe he said it. We can’t just forget it or forget Thomas. “You’re not sad that he’s dead?” I ask and he furrows his eyebrows. “Of course I am but what can we do? Thomas was a great guy but he’s dead. I’m sorry. The police back in London have questioned me and let me go. They're trying to find the murderer.” He shrugs and gently strokes Oreo behind the ears. I approach him, kneeling down next to him placing my hand on his cheek. I feel him tremble at my touch and then tense up. I wanted to hug him and bury my face into his chest but he started shaking.

“You don’t deal with the deaths do you?” I whisper slowly so Caroline couldn’t hear. “You push them away and act like nothing’s happened.” Nathan didn’t look up but he stopped petting Oreos and he seemed to be lost in thought. I put a hand on his shoulder and then looked up at Caroline. She began sneaking out of the room, tip toeing across the wooden floors when she left and quite suddenly Nathan broke down. He was crouching but his knees hit the floor, there was something so weak and helpless about him. I cradled him in my arms while he sobbed slowly and shook.

“It’s okay,” I try and assure but he shakes his head, standing up straight now. He looked at me, his eyes red and his tear stained face looking so depressed. He rubbed his eyes with one hand and sucked in a faltering breath. “I’m fine,” he says but comes to me, defencelessly hugging me and resting his chin on my shoulder. I stroke his hair and try to comfort him but how could I when I felt like crying too. Also keeping in the dreaded secret was killing me.

***

-Nathan Blake-

Belle giggled a little while we stayed shut in our room the whole day. It was 9 o’clock at night and me and Belle had been in here for hours, watching movie after movie. She laughed and I held her close to me as we watched Up. She laughed like a child and some of the tension seemed to have left as no-one talked about Thomas or how he died. It was just a painful subject to keep bringing up.

“Aw, Russell is so cute,” she coos when the plump little boy is with the large bird. I smiled and kissed her cheek and she faced me in a flash. Her hair was in a loose ponytail and there were few strands sticking out all over the place. “Sorry you had to see me cry,” I whisper with a little chuckle. She grins at me and has a playful smile on her face. “It was sad but…different.”

I raised one eyebrow and sat up, pausing the movie. “What’d you pause it?” she complains however I take her shoulders and turn her so she’s facing me. “Different?”

She shrugs lightly and laughs. “Yeah, but everyone cries. I’ve seen you cry before but not seeking reassurance from anyone.” I give a little laugh-scoff and nod when I remembered how I cried the night my Dad died. She’s right; I cry but don’t expect anyone to comfort me. She was the first to see me cry like that but I didn’t mind. I watched her as she checked her phone and jumped up from the bed, passing a sleeping Oreo on the floor.

“I have to go.” She says and turns to say goodbye. I leap up too and run to the door before she does and snap the door shut and shoo her hand away from the handle. She folded her arms and frowned. “What are you-“

I took her waist quickly and brought her close to me. She automatically snaked her arms around my neck and she gasped as our bodies touched. I didn’t wait but kissed her with all my strength, breathing in her smell of chocolate and fiercely deepening the kiss. I lifted her a little and her legs wrapped around me waist and I turned so she leaned against the door but our lips stayed on each others. I slipped in my tongue and she groaned, making me smile helplessly whilst her hand ran through my hair and her fingernail brushed my scalp. I shuddered at her touch but I didn’t pull away. I just couldn’t. Her legs uncoiled themselves from around me and I pushed her against the door, one arm around her waist and the other holding onto her hand, locking our fingers together.

-Isabelle Blake-

I felt myself melting away at his kiss, just like all his kisses I lost control and just loved being in his embrace but now I pushed him back and inhaled. He gasped for air and shot me a quizzical look. “Why’d you do that?” He questions and I turn the door handle. “I have to get home,” I explain but peck him on the cheek quickly before I leave. I exit our room and try an get quickly down the stairs when I remembered that Caroline had left hours ago. I ran out the front door, wanting to ask Thomas for a lift when I stopped in my tracks and suddenly realised that he wasn’t here. I hold back the burning tears and walk down the porch steps, eyes meeting Alison’s.

“Need a lift?” She asks like she’d read my mind. Her voice was quiet but loud enough in the silent night. I wanted to deny the offer but I did needed to get home. I’d walk but it’d take too long and it was getting dark so I nodded and headed over to her black corvette. I’m sure it’s another of Nathan’s cars she borrows but I don’t bother asking and climb in. Alison said nothing more, but I remember how she’d cried when she heard the news. Something told me she liked Thomas more than just a friend and when she heard of his death, she couldn’t have been more heart broken. I just wonder if Thomas knew how she felt, but I didn’t want to ask. The whole ride was silent and I liked it that way.

***

He swirled the champagne in his glass then took a sip, smiling when she walked in. Her heels clacking against the floor, her dark brown hair with red streaks swaying gently as she walked over to his table. He grinned maliciously at her arrival and gestured to the chair opposite him when she approached. She hesitantly took the seat and cleared her throat. “You called me, Mr. Blake?” She said unsurely and crossed her thin legs. He chuckled lightly, drinking his champagne all in one and placing the glass down on the table with a faint ‘chink’ as it made contact with the wood.

“Please, call me Alan.” He smiles, knitting his fingers together and looking over Ruby who shifted nervously. “So why did you call me?” She asks impatiently and shoos away the waitress who asked for her order. Alan grinned, tapping his fingers on the wooden table. “Because I need your help. And I know you’ll agree because if you do, Nathan will be yours.” His eyes glinted in the light, watching Ruby lean in and compelled to listen to what Alan had to say.

__________________________________________________________

So hope you liked it? You did like it right? well what are your predictions?! So this voting requirement thing is actually quite handy by letting me have enough time to right, so I'll be nice again and say 25 votes. Thanks guys :) x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 384 53
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS IN NEED OF EDITING. READ ABOUT CLICHE EVENTS AND EXPERIENCE PLOT HOLES AT YOUR OWN RISK "The kiss that started everything yeste...
784K 24.8K 42
sequel to DELICATE I know that you're scared because I'm so open In which famous English actress Kaia Browne is now in a serious relationship with i...
24.2M 848K 81
The Highest Ranking: #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Feb-18 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 08-Jan-17 #2 Romance |Currently in Hot List| 21...
203 27 12
COMPLETE🀍 That certain boy who makes you want to go to college, and be there all the time, just to spend time with him as much as possible. That boy...