Exit Only ✔︎

By softsloth

"Earth has been different for awhile, but I don't think we've ever had a beautiful, muscular alien dude falli... More

prologue
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
epilogue
Book 2: Your Protector

|06|

121K 5.5K 2.5K
By softsloth

Torint

I could not keep my eyes off of the little female as she led me through the darkening forest. She claimed to be leading me to her den.

She rambled on and on with nonsensical words, waving her hands in the air as she spoke. Her back was to me, and I kept a close eye on her.

Though my ship said there were no threats in the forest, I could not be too careful with the female. She must be protected at all costs.

My mind centered only on her now as I followed very closely behind her. I had to be prepared for anything to happen. I was on an unfamiliar planet with a female that held the future of my species in her hands.

It made me anxious, and I was on high alert.

The female was worried about me. About my wound. She told me she would make me good as new, but I could see the nervousness of each of her movements. It took a lot of courage to bring me to her den, I was much stronger than her and I had already scared her half to death.

Females were to be worshipped.

Growing up, we were taught of them and that they were sacred. The population of females on our planet has slowly decreased until they completely died out. I never thought I would see a female, touch one, speak with one.

Well, at least she could speak to me.

"And of course you'll love Weasley. Maybe, I guess. But I think you'll like him, he's the sweetest." She rambles pushing past the plants covering the ground.

I stiffen as she speaks. Did she have a mate? Was her male at home, awaiting her return? I let out a furious growl. How would he react to see me walking into their den? Would he be aggressive?

I growled again at the thought, if we fought the female could be injured. She was too delicate to be around any violence.

"Are you okay? You sure do growl a lot." She says out loud, even knowing that I couldn't answer her. Well, I could reply but the poor female had no translation chip at all.

Her planet seemed to be behind in technology.

After a time, we reach a break in the trees. There was a small field with a little building that I could only assume was the human female's den. She continues to walk towards it. She glances at the setting sun with a worried glance.

The heat was slowly diminishing and I was glad for it. The female before me picked up the pace and I follow directly behind her. My eyes never leave her.

"Home, sweet home!" She says as she opens the door. Her den is wonderful, mainly because every surface is covered in her maddening fragrance. I take a deep breath of it and hold it in my mouth. It was delicious.

I turn to notice that the female was watching me still. I smile as I near her, she takes a few steps back. My chest clenches in pain. I guess I did deserve that one.

There was no technology in her den at all as my gaze scanned it. The walls, floors, and ceiling were all made of wood. There were rugs and chairs and a couch. We made a stop in her kitchen and I sat on one of the higher chairs as she went around.

It was a strange home, but cozy all the same.

I watch as the tiny female climbs on the counter tops to reach a cabinet. I stand up quickly, alarmed at what she was doing. She could fall and harm herself!

My body automatically flies to where she is and I stand behind her with my arms held out to catch her just in case.

She turns and stares down at me with a raised eyebrow, some sort of healing kit in her arms. She lets out a laugh that sounds more like music.

"No need to worry, big guy. I've done this a million times, believe me."

I grin at the nickname she's given me. Big guy. She thought me large and strong. It was a nice endearment that showed she knew I could protect her.

My chest puffs out as I carefully help the human down from the counter. She stood close to me as she set the kit onto the counter and opened it up, digging through its contents.

I flex my muscles and stand to my full hight. Hopefully she would choose me as her mate. There were millions of Rytarian males back on our home planet, many of which had much better qualifications and higher ranks than I. Surely this little one would consider choosing me?

After all that I had done to frighten her, I doubted I had much of a chance. But I surely could hope.

If you'd told me a mere sun cycle ago that I would have the chance to have a mate I wouldn't have believed you.

And yet, here was a miniature female intent on cleaning my wounds. She can't quite reach my shoulder without standing on her tiptoes. She grumbles and fusses as it bothers her.

"This will be easier." I sit down once again on the stool and now we are almost at eye level, my head still high above her own. Her brilliant dark eyes stare at me in wonder.

I want to touch her so bad, but I resist. It was hard to hold myself back. The memory of her all consuming fear when I held her teat in my hand empowers me against the temptation standing before me.

"It went straight through." She says, and I wonder what she speaks of. All blasts went all the way through. They were beams of light that soared through your body to wound and possibly kill. Maybe earth was different.

I wonder just how different.

"Are there many females like you?" I ask, and her eyebrows raise in confusion and I let out an overly exasperated sigh. It wasn't her fault she had no answers to my questions.

She could not understand me.

"Do you have a male? It does not appear there is one here watch over you." I scan our surroundings as the little thing patches me up. She pulls out a sticky bandage, adhering it to my skin.

Of course, she doesn't answer me. Not that I expect her to.

I look around and still don't notice the scent of any male. I squint down at the female with a worried glance. No mate, no Pa, no protector.

She was so small and weak. She was a threat level 1, she had no muscle mass on her framer whatsoever. There was no male to protect her, though I doubted that it would be helpful if she did have one. Her kind seems fragile. Even the females of my kind had been robust and powerful.

Human males must be just as puny their females.

Her thin hands were so delicate as they worked. Her fingertips gently finish her task. She folds up the bandages and places them in the first aid kit, closing it up.

Not being able to resist the contact, I reach out and interlace our fingers. She jumps slightly and I wince. I hope she won't run screaming.

To my utter surprise and gratitude, she doesn't.

"I guess we didn't formally introduce ourselves. Um, I'm Posy." Her gaze flickers to me nervously, unsure. She squeezes my fingers, her grasp so light I barely even feel it.

Posy. What a strange name. Though it was strange, it was weirdly fitting.

I motion to myself.

"Torint." I say firmly. Posy's eyebrows raise as she tries my name out on her tongue.

"Torint." She repeats, and it sounds wonderful coming from her. Her lips curl up in a smile and I realize that I'm smiling too.

I couldn't believe I had a female right in front of me. A beautiful, sweet female with wide eyes and an open heart.

Sighing, I think of my team and wonder how they would reach me to rescue me from this planet. It would be a rough time staying on earth for the time being.

But one look at Posy, and I know it won't be too bad if she's by my side.

     Sorry it's been so long, y'all! Hopefully I'll have another chapter up by the end of the week.

     Let me know what you think so far! I'd love to hear your thoughts

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 2.5K 35
*Book #1 In The Crashing Series* A long time ago, people used to think that Earth would be taken over by aliens. That we would all be destroyed from...
1.1K 60 34
This story is a work of pure fiction. Some concepts may have been modified to fit the plot of the story. Contains SOFT INTIMACY | VIOLENCE | LANGUAG...
1.1M 58.3K 28
"I've been taught that girls have no value, and he's the only one who assures me that I do." Soleil is a girl. A young woman. A female. She couldn't...
61.3K 589 8
It's been five years since the plague struck. Leah knows there are other survivors, but she's avoiding them. She is doing just fine on her own. Survi...