What I See In You (BWWM)

By AyitiCheri_26

Desiree is a nice sweet person. She faces challenges with dealing with family problems but manages to not let... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Characters
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
Coming soon
Out now!!!!

16

6.2K 263 187
By AyitiCheri_26

2 weeks later

The last two weeks has been really dry. Nothing special or important happened. I've been more busy with school, specifically working with Darius.

Ever since the fight, Darius hasn't been the same. He's not as talkative and most of the time we work in silence. He did his essay and handed it yesterday, hopefully this time he'll score a higher mark.

In terms of our monologue project, we're presenting it tomorrow in class and I think we're gonna do good.

Outside of school home is home. I've been getting closer with Trent, he even met my parents the other day. My dad was very concerned with our relationship but my mom didn't mind as long as I didn't do anything I wasn't supposed to.

Right now I was sitting in English class working on the project with Darius, in silent. I looked over at him seeing him writing on his paper. I look away debating if I should start conversation.

"Do you wanna practice reading?" I asked.

"I'm good." He said. I nodded.

"I tried." I mumbled. He stopped writing and looked over at me.

"What?" He said.

"Huh?" I looked back at him.

"Tried what?" He asked.

"Nothing, forget it." I shake off. He continued to look at me. His staring made me feel nervous and it sent shivers down my spine.

He looked away and pulled out his book.

"Fine let's practice." He said.

"Why the sudden change of mind?" I asked. He sighed.

"Because I don't want to fail." He said. I nodded and pulled out my book and began reading our parts.

After reading we closed our books and tried memorizing the lines. Darius was struggling so he kept going back to the book.

"I thought you memorized every line?" I asked.

"When you have a lot of shit running through your mind it makes it hard to do that." He rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Sorry, I was just asking." I said.

"I know. I just haven't been myself."

"I understand." I say.

He work in silent making me feel a bit awkward. I never asked him about the fight and I don't plan on it either. As for Rachel, I don't see her much unless if it's in the cafeteria, but not all the time.

The bell rang and we stood up getting our books.

"Later." He said before leaving.

"Yeah later." I say to myself. I wave bye to Mrs. Ran and leave the classroom. I make my way to my locker  dropping my book and going downstairs to meet up with the others.

"Hey guys." I said as I approached them.

"Hey." They say. I noticed they were all looking somewhere.

"What are you guys looking at?"
I asked. They pointed making me follows their gaze.

On the other side was a handsome looking guy talking with the principal. I squint my eyes to get a better view. Something about him made him look familiar.

"Why am I now seeing the new coach?" Crystal said.

"I didn't expect him to be blazing hot." Diamond said.

"I sure did." Iyan said.

"Ok guys we're in people's way, let's go." I laugh.

"One second. I just need to finish studying his beauty." Diamond said. I look back at the coach. It was like I've seen him before. He goes in the office with the principal making them sigh.

"And now we're done." I say.

We all head out to the parking lot.

"Guess his age." Crystal said.

"28." Iyan said.

"Maybe, could be older but just looked young." Crystal said.

"Lates twenties I'm guessing." Diamond said.

"Are we just gonna stand here guessing his age or go home?" I say.

"Right, because your the one with a man out of the four of us." Iyan said as we reach our cars.

"See you guys tomorrow." I told Diamond and Crystal.

They told us bye and Iyan and I hopped in my car. I picked up Justine from school and we drove home.

When we arrived home I waved bye to Iyan and me and Justine made our way inside.

"I'm so hungry." Justine said.

"Your always hungry." We make our way to the kitchen.

"Hey ma-" I stopped my tracks when I saw Tim sitting next to her.

He looked different. His dreads were gone and he didn't look much like a thug like he used to.

"Tim." I say.

"Who are you?" Justine asked him looking up and down.

"Justine go change then come eat." Ma told her. She glanced at Tim before going upstairs.

"Why don't you go wait in the living room." She told him. He nodded and stood up.

"I'm just gonna go change." I say. I go upstairs and change out of my school clothes. I wear a white T-shirt with grey leggings.

I go back downstairs in the living room. Tim was sitting there alone looking down at his phone. When he noticed me, he looked up and smiled. I smiled back awkwardly.

"Ya mom in the kitchen with your sister." He said. I nodded and sat on the sofa.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Came to talk to you." He said and slipped his phone in his pocket.

"Me? For what?"

"About Kim."

"Then I think my parents should get involved don't you think?" I asked.

"Yeah, but if I tell them it won't work."

"What won't work?" He was about to respond until my mom came back.

"Sorry. So Tim I understand where your coming from and I've seen you've changed so your forgiven." She smiled.

"Thanks Mrs. Marshell. It wasn't my attentions to let all this happen." He said.

"I don't know about my husband but I'll assure him of your visit." She said.

"Alright."

"Thank you for telling me and swinging by." She said. He nodded and ma made her way back to the kitchen.

"What did you tell her?" I asked.

"I apologized for getting myself involved with Kim. At first she wanted me gone but then I convinced her on how sorry I was." He said.

"Did she ask where Kim was?"

"Nah, I guess she knew I wouldn't know." He shrugged.

"So what were you saying before, what won't work?" I asked. He glanced at the hall to make sure no one was around and sat closer to me.

"I know who she's with." He said making my brows rise.

"Really? That's good. Wait, I have something to show you." I say as I pull out my phone. I open the image of the note I took and showed him.

He grabbed my phone and read.

"Who's X?" I asked. He sighed and handed me my phone.

"That's a complicated question." He said.

"What's so complicated about him? He's a person is he not?"

"Yeah it's just..."

"Just what? That's who's she's with right?" I asked and he nodded.

"Okay so where are they exactly if you know him." I say.

"They could be anywhere. But I know for sure they still in town." He said.

"That's great." I smiled

"But there's a problem." He said making my smile fade.

"Problem?"

"Yeah. If you want her home it's impossible to get through X." He said.

"Is she being held hostage or something?"

"I believe so." He said. I sighed and leaned my head in my hands.

"Why though, is that her new boyfriend or something?" I asked as I look over at him.

"Nah."

"Then who is he?"

"Her babyfather."

...

"BABYFATHER?!" Iyan exclaimed.

"I'm just as shock." I say.

Diamond frowns in confusion and Crystal's jaw drops. We were in a Skype group video chat.

"Did you tell your parents Des?" Crystal asked.

"We figured to not tell them until we go get her." I say.

"Do you actually trust Tim?" Diamond asked.

"I mean yeah. He seemed trust worthy and I believe he's changed ever since." I say.

"I think you should let your parents know just in case." Crystal said.

"I know what I'm doing Crystal, if I tell them them now then we won't be able to do it since they'll go to the police."

"How are you going to tell them?" Iyan asked.

"Don't know yet." I say.

"I can't believe this whole time Kim was pregnant." Diamond said.

"So that's what plugging it our means, killing the baby and-"

"Killing her." Iyan cut Crystal out.

"You can't do this alone Des." Diamond said.

"I know, which is why I'm gonna do this with Tim. He knows that X person and how to get around him." I say.

"I don't think that'll be safe with just the two of you." Crystal said.

"Which is why I thought I'll call my parents then and tell them everything and to call the police." I said.

"I just hope it all goes well, safely cause this X person sounds very dangerous." Iyan said. I nodded in agreement.

I heard my mom calling my name making my sigh.

"My mom is calling me, I'll be back." I say. They nodded and I left the chat.

I made my way downstairs.

"I'm here." I say.

"You have a visitor." She said from the door. I looked at the person infront of her and frowned

"Darius, Hey?" I say as I made my way to him.

"I leave you two." She said. Once she left I invited him in but he declined. So I slipped in my slippers and stepped out.

"Are you here to work on our project?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I'm guessing your here to talk." I said.

"I'm just confused." He said. I blinked and gulped my spit.

"Confused about what?" I asked.

"You knew about Rachel and Tristen and you didn't have the consistent to tell me. Not only that, you encouraged her to choose him and break up with me." He said angrily.

Wait.

"Hold up, what?" I asked confused.

"You heard what I said. I thought I saw something good in you but for you to make her do that makes me wonder about what your attentions are with me." He said.

Other than the fact that I didn't tell him about Rachel cheating, I want mad confused on everything else. It's like someone plugged him with false information.

"Look, I don't know what your talking about. Where is this coming from?" I asked.

"Don't play stupid Desiree. I was told everything." He said.

"And clearly you were given a lie. Now let me explain before you walk out angry at the wrong thing. I saw your ex girlfriend half naked with someone else. It wasn't intentional but it happened. I knew then I was guilty cause I caught them and I knew her little secret."

"So why didn't you tell-" I lifted my finger so I could finish.

"I never encouraged her to break up with you, matter in fact I encouraged her to tell you and I thought she was making the biggest mistake of her life. I didn't want to interfere since it wasn't my position to tell you, it was hers. I'm sorry for not telling you but I didn't want to be a drama starter." I say. He looked at me and I could see the anger fading away to guilt.

"Before you start accusing me why don't you get my side of the story. And I don't have any attentions with you but to quit tutoring you and and worry about myself, cause clearly your life is more important cause your the star." I say. He didn't respond but continued to stare at me. I sighed and shaking my head.

"I gotta go." I whispered. I felt my arm being tugged making me stop and look at him.

"Look, I'm sorry."

"Right." I say.

"I'm serious. I don't even know why I came to you like that I didn't even believe it." He said.

"Then why tell me this?" I crossed my arms.

"I don't know. I was just angry and I had to make sure none of it was true. You don't seem like that type of person. Sorry for always bringing my problems to you it's just.." He said.

"Just what?"

"Your seem easy to talk to." He said. A smile small creeper up my face and I tried my best to hide it.

"So who told you all that?" I asked.

"No one important." He said.

"So, are you okay?" I asked. He looked at me and smiled.

"Yeah. I guess coming here made that weight lift off." He chuckled. It got quiet and we stood staring into each other's eyes. I noticed since it was dark his eyes became a darker shade of green. His eyes pierced through his dark lashes and they looked into mine.

"Uh well I gotta go." I say breaking the silent.

"Uh me too." He said as he backed up.

"You know we may not be friends like that but I'm always here if you need someone to talk to." I said.

"I know. That's why I came." He said with a smile. He walked back to his car and I made my way inside.

I found myself smiling hard as I thought of him. This feeling was new.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Gray By 🌙

Romance

429K 12.4K 39
This story is about....well you'll have to read it to find out. Happy reading!(NOT A FAN-FICTION) If you're not into the lovey-dovey type story then...
14K 850 18
Passion is a high spirited girl from New Orleans who is very outgoing. Loves to twerk and all kinds of ratchet but in a good way. Justin is a guy who...
4.7K 228 23
"𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨... ...𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧...
48.6K 2.2K 25
Jameson and Reece are on a mission, Madison and Kylen are alone, and life is miserable for all four. Yet they find comfort in those quick phone calls...